Configuring SSL and Exchange SSL

This is a series questions and answers, I need help
configuring SSL?

versions of
>Windows - not sure about the current versions.
>
>You can enable Forms Based Authentication to prevent this
if you have
>Exchange 2003 and SSL.
>
>--
>Hope that helps,
>Dan Townsend

confers no rights.
>Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to
this newsgroup.

>Use of included script samples are subject to the terms
specified at
>http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
>
>"eotrue" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> When using OWA, the first pop window is the "Connect to
>> server.domain.net" logon which asks for the
>> User name:
>> Password:
>> I notice that some of my client's user names are stored
>> in the drop down menu for the username. My question is :
>> Where are these names stored? On the server, or on the
>> client?  How can I get rid of them once they are there?
>>
>> I tried doing the obvious, like highlight and trying to
>> delete, I even scanned the registry on the workstation
>> with no results. I would appreciate any input.

0
anonymous (74719)

eotrue / oscar / owen

Try keeping to one thread - I think this is your third on this topic.  I
monitor all my previous threads and it is much easier to have one thread to
watch.

So far this is the answers I have provided.

How to Use Forms Based Authentication with Outlook Web Access Clients
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=830827

I think this should help with XP.  Just found it.

1. Click "Start", point to "Control Panel", and then click "User Accounts".
2. Click the "Advanced" tab, and then click "Manage Passwords".

And to expand...

Now you need to decide if you want to buy a trusted cert or install a
certificate server.  This articles tells you pretty much everything there is
to know about certificates.

How to Use Certificates with Virtual Servers in Exchange Server 2003
ID: 823024

And this one tells you to force SSL on Exchange and Public once you have the
cert.  This is the same in 2000 and 2003.

XCCC: Turning On SSL for Exchange 2000 Server Outlook Web Access
ID: 320291

--
Hope that helps,
Dan Townsend

"Owen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is a series questions and answers, I need help
> configuring SSL?

dtown (976)

How to programmatically get the size of public folders on Exchange Server
Hello, Can you help me please? I have public folder structure in public foders on exchange server. I would like list public folders with size on each folder with subfoldes. I prefer example of script which can I do this. I read Q320071 (How to programmatically get the size of mailbox folders on Exchange Server) but when I change path from mbx to public folder then the script doesn't work as i excepted. Thank you Daniel Vojvoda ...

Deleting databases in exchange 2003
One of my storage groups has gone corrupt due to a hardware issue, and I managed to restore an older copy. I created a new storage group and have created new databases within this storage group. My problem is that when I take all of the accounts out of each database and transfer them to the new databases I am left with 2 accounts in each database that I can't delete or move, this in turn stops me from deleting these old databases and hence the storage group. these accounts are :SMTP mail and sytem mailbox. these 2 are in each database. How do I delete them? Any help is much apprecia...

micr configurable stubs
Hi All, Has anyone had to configure checks for GP using configurable stubs for MICR? Are there any tricks to making the process easier or an alternative program to use. Th eprocess so far is painfull as only one item can be selected at a time and each time I add an item it starts in upper left hand corner above other items. Thanks in advance for any insight Lorne Are you using Mekorma? I've used it to configure checks and found it relatively easy to use. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2t...

Rebuild/rename exchange server
Hi, apologies for the crosspost but think it is valid... I have exchange 2003 standard running on one server on my network. The box it is running on is being rebuilt and renamed, and exchange reinstalled (disaster recovery mode) and restored. My question is that all my clients (OL2003) are set to point to the old server name, and I need to point them all at the new server name. Can anyone advise the best way of doing this? Thanks, steve I think they automatically look for the new server once the old one is decommissioned, but I'm not running E2K3 here. They did do a migration a...

Exchange 5.5 IMC question
Hi, anyone know how to stop an Exchange 5.5 IMC from recieving but still allow it to send?? Cheers John On the Connections tab, set the Transfer Mode to Outbound Only. Restart the IMS. -- Denis McDowell [MSFT] "John" <John@4sol.com> wrote in message news:OnQV9krLEHA.2612@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > anyone know how to stop an Exchange 5.5 IMC from recieving but still allow > it to send?? > > Cheers > > John > > Great tip!! This is the answer to my problem (see the "Can I run NAV on received e-mails?"). I need to install NA...

Vista & Exchange System Management Tools / Admin Pack / AdminPak
I have Windows Server Administration Tools installed on Vista, but can't get Exchange System Management Tools to install. When I run the Setup, it warns me twice that this is not compatible with Vista. When I continue anyway, and try to select the Exchange System Management Tools, it tells me: "The component "Microsoft Exchange System Management Tools" cannot be assigned the action "install" because: - The "Internet Information Services Snap-In" component of the Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) is either not installed or disabled" I ...

CRM 4.0 Outlook Client Install/Configuration
I cannot get the Outlook client to configure for any users. The intranet address and internet address are not found. Connectivity has been verified between workstations and crm server. Web clients work ok - thoush some functionality related to custom entities is not behaving properly (lookups not functioning, etc.) Addtionally, CRM is not sending or tracking emails at all. The CRM setup is as follows: Upgraded from 3.0 Win 2K3 Server (fully updated) with SQL 2005 SP2, Reporting Services SP2 Exchange 2003 Server (fully updated) - Email router will not configure. Any suggestions would b...

Exchange 2010 and Blackberry
We have a client that is running Exchange 2003 with a Blackberry Enterprise Server. We are going to upgrade the client to Exchange 2010. Before proceeding, I was wondering if there were any issues running Exchange 2010 with a Blackberry Enterprise Server. I was also wondering (hoping) that the functions the Blackberry Enterprise Server perform now had been incorporated into this new version of Exchange. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 12:04:56 -0500, "skymax_taf" <skymax_taf@yahoo.com> wrote: >We have a client that is running Exchange 2003 ...

Configuration
Hello, I just installed Office 7 Home and Student and every time I open Word it says that it has to Configure the program. It doesn't do that with the other programs and it is getting tiresome because it takes a few minutes. Has anyone else had this problem or have some suggestions? Thanks! Jenn ...

SSL
Hi, I finally have a working SBS 2003 SP1 install of CRM3.0 using SSL. I can access reportserver and reportmanager directly, but trying to run the reports through the CRM interface results in 'unable to establish trust' type error (after I turned on error display) I am currently using a private cert (possibly mismatched server name) - I have to accept this condition on initially opening - and wondered if this might be the issue? I saw somewhere that I could say for RS not to check the cert detail - but where please? TIA Chris ...

Replicating exchange server
I already have Windows2003 SP1 with exchange server 2003 on an HP Server . I am planning to create another machine with the same exact configuration that would be a replicate incase original system has problem. Any idea what I should be aware of. this will not work...only way to accomplish this is to use some flavor of clustering, or some third party solution...Marathon Technologies', NeverFail; there are a few out there... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "esfandiarfard" <esfandiarfard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B285F554-A6C2-43BA-90B6-D0C465D77459@micro...

Pocket Outlook(Mobile 2003) and Exchange 2000
Hi guys/gals, is there a way for Pocket Outlook on MS Mobile 2003 to communicate with the Exchange Server 2000(not as IMAP/POP3 but full feature of Outlook/Echange-Client)? I know that the Exchange 2003 have that functionality built in but we do not want to upgrade our Exchange 2000 infrastucture as yet. With the above constraint, what option do I have? Is it possible to install exchange server 2003 without using it as a server but just use its functionality as Mobile Access Gateway? Thanks You would be better served asking Exchange related questions in an Exchange group. You could a...

Help
I just started a 3 week trip and need to run Money to track spending while I'm away. However, when I start Money, it is trying to install something, and wants the Money CD, which is back at home. Yes, I know I should have tried this before I left, but the laptop with Money hasn't changed - its just out of its docking station. I thought I'd ask on the small chance that someone might have a clue on what might cause this and/or how to get around it. I can't think of any reason for something to be installed, but there must be something. Thanks TM What file(s) is it asking for...

Viruses and Exchange
So we've just began using an exchange server here, we've got mcafee webshield, along with group shield, and everyone keeps gettin viruses in thier mail. Whats the best way to stop all these virsuses from getting though? (or to stop all the virsuses that are being sent around) steve wrote: > So we've just began using an exchange server here, we've > got mcafee webshield, along with group shield, and > everyone keeps gettin viruses in thier mail. Whats the > best way to stop all these virsuses from getting though? > (or to stop all the virsuses that are being ...

No Exchange but Want to Share
Hi Y'all! I have moved to a new company which does not have an Exchange Server (can you beleive it!?). Can anyone share any ideas that will give me similar share facilities that are standard with Exchange, without Exchange (sorry Bill, I love Exchange but the bosses won't pay your price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) tia Jonathan http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm (other solutions section perhaps) "jonathan" <jonathan@cbimports.co.uk> wrote in message news:%235ovfC6NEHA.3944@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi Y'all! > > I have moved to a new company whi...

Changing Exchange server name
Hi all, I've to change my Exchange server name from old_server_name to new_server_name. What I've to know before make this change? Thank you On the same subject, I use an MST when installing through my org. I will alter the MST so Outlook configures Automatically on new installs but where is the Exchange sever named stored to change it on Previously installed PCs (only effects user who sign on to multiple location as there first sign on is handled by Active Directory) . note: sry to horde in on your thread Andrea "Andrea Caldarone" wrote: > Hi all, > &...

Exchange 2003 ActiveSync with PPC2002
hi every one . i cant make ActiveSync to work with my PPC2002 Moblie phone , i have found some WhitePapaers that telling the basics but not more then that ! . im trying to do it localy with the USB cradle for the time being i always get error Messages like : " INTERNET_29" " COMMGR_36 " and " 0X8450000 any help will be more then welcome !! Thanks Ahead Dani This is usually caused by connectivity issues or not having an SSL certificate installed on the server. Check out this article: 318883 XCCC: "Synchronization failed" Error Message Occurs with an I...

Romve Third Party Connector from Exchange 5.5
Hi everyone, My platform is Win NT4 SP6 and exchange 5.5 SP4. Can anyone please let me know the procedure to remove GoldFax connector from exchange because I am getting replication errors with the eventid 2037. Thanks in advance. You probably need to remove the extensions from your recipient container(s) in Exchange Admin raw mode unless the applicaiton has an uninstall routine. I strongly recommend contacting the vendor directly for instructions on how to do this. Hacking the product out of Exchange could leave your organization in a non-operational state and would likely require a...

How to create Release mode configure
Hi all, i am building a project, but i removed default Release configure, and now i try to use Debug config to copy to Release and then change something NDEBUG, Debug info is none, uncheck Generate Debug info any one can help me do this so that i dn't need to create new project again? Turn on optimizations. Do NOT turn off "Generate debug info"; it was a fundamental design error in VS to turn this off. You will need it to read crash dumps coming back from the field. Turn off the various runtime checks. Select the libraries to be the MultiThreaded DLL or for static lin...

18000 Users Exchange
We would like to use Exchange 2003 for our school system but would like some suggestions on an architecture. We have two locations. Site 1 = 14000 Site 2 = 4000-5000 How many front-end and backend system would you have and how would they be placed? I understand that this is all VERY high-level, but I would still like some scenarios and suggestions provided - let's pretend bandwidth is not of a concern. Thanks- It depends on how active the users are with their email. I'm assuming that those numbers include mailboxes you will be providing to students. You'll likely ...

Exchange 2003 SP2 Symbols
What is the best way to install the symbols for E2K3-SP2? ...

configuration
Whwnever I start Windows, Office tries to reconfigure Publisher - how do I stop this? What version Publisher? You receive a "Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office XP Pro" error message when you upgrade to Office 2003 or Office 2007 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825941/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "BG" <BG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B81BB44C-05D4-4435-BCED-9DA45DACCB96@microsoft.com... > Whwnever I start Windows, Office tries to reconfigure...

Exchange Virtual Server in a cluster
We have a two cluster system for our Exchange server. At one point we had changed the IP for the Virtual Server. Now, when you routinely reboot the clusters for maintenance. The IP for the Virtual Server will change back to it's old IP. We'll have to go into IIS Manager and change the IP using the drop down menu. Does anyone know why this happens? What virtual server are you referring to? - Exchange Virtual Server in a Windows Server cluster (MSCS): the IP address for the EVS can be changed from the properties of IP Address resource in the EVS group. - IIS only has settngs ...

time oldest message submitted column in Exchange Queue
What does this column represent? For example: I have some items in queue under the column "time oldest message submitted" dated 9/23/06 and then when you double click on the queue and click find now the date of the earliest message it is 9/26/06. Where does the date in the "time oldest message submitted" come from? I thought maybe it was the first time an email for that domain appeared in the queue but that doesn't seem right. One more thing that I should probably mention is that the date discrepency is only happening with items that are for domains that appear to be...

Migration sbs2008 from sbs2003 exchange best practices shows sbs20
I still see a first administrative group and the original source server in the best practices analyzer. Everything seems to be working fine even with original server shut off. I don't understand why these objects are still here. the Exchange administrative group is fine. I have fqdn errors on the first administrative group. I'm not sure how to proceed to clean this up. Missing fqdn in exchangeMDB service principle name missing fqdn in exchangerfr service principle name missing netbios name in exchangemdb service principle name missing netbios name in exchangerfr service pri...