configuring publlic folder appointment items

Is it possible to configure a public folder that contains appointment
items so that entries cannot overlap?

i.e. I want to use a public folder for the booking out of a meeting
room and if I tick the box for "All Day Event" then I would like it so
no one can make another entry for that day - or if some one books it 9
to 11 then no one else should be able to book it for the same time
frame

am I making sense?

0
cw1972 (36)

No, that's one of the limitations of using a pf as a resource, can't
automatically decline, no free busy etc.

James Chong (MVP)
MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+
msexchangetips.blogspot.com

On Mar 26, 10:54 am, "cw1972" <cw1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to configure a public folder that contains appointment
> items so that entries cannot overlap?
>
> i.e. I want to use a public folder for the booking out of a meeting
> room and if I tick the box for "All Day Event" then I would like it so
> no one can make another entry for that day - or if some one books it 9
> to 11 then no one else should be able to book it for the same time
> frame
>
> am I making sense?

0
jamestechman (1266)
3/26/2007 2:59:32 PM
On 26 Mar, 15:59, "Jamestechman" <jamestech...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No, that's one of the limitations of using a pf as a resource, can't
> automatically decline, no free busy etc.
>
> James Chong (MVP)
> MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+
> msexchangetips.blogspot.com
>
> On Mar 26, 10:54 am, "cw1972" <cw1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Is it possible to configure a public folder that contains appointment
> > items so that entries cannot overlap?
>
> > i.e. I want to use a public folder for the booking out of a meeting
> > room and if I tick the box for "All Day Event" then I would like it so
> > no one can make another entry for that day - or if some one books it 9
> > to 11 then no one else should be able to book it for the same time
> > frame
>
> > am I making sense?- Hide quoted text -

thanks for clearing that up for me

0
cw1972 (36)

CANNOT DISPLAY THE FOLDER
I have imported pst files from Outlook 2003 to 2007, operating system is Windows Vista. When I try to open any of the sub folders an error message reports "Cannot display the folder. There is not enough free memory to run this programme. Quit one or more programmes, and then try again." - but I have only Internet Explorer running. What is the solution please? You never import Outlook data. You now have a corrupt Outlook profile. Create a new profile and use of one of the supported methods for transferring data that we post here daily: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup...

I cannot open your default e-mail folders
I have Microsoft Outlook installed on my computer. It was working just fine, but now it's giving me an error message that says "can not open your default e-mail folders. The information store can not be opened" We are to assume that this just happened all by itself for no reason or do you have more information to share? You'll need to. You were there. We weren't. -- Russ Valentine "Ruth" <Ruth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:496C3996-1AB0-40B1-A105-C7D7AADB6947@microsoft.com... >I have Microsoft Outlook installed on my...

Where is Vista Folder I386
I want to use System File Checker (sfc.exe) on my laptop. I only have a recovery partition and no original Vista installation disk. I tried logging in to my Administrator account, typing in CMD, using it in Administrator mode - then running sfc /scannow. It gets to 56% then quits with a message that says it can't complete the process. How can I check my system files for validity? My Avira anti-virus says that I may have five unsigned system files (heuristically). I'm concerned. Some OEMs, in place of providing an OS disk, included a folder titled "I386" (stand...

Colorize Folders in Outlook to Highlight
I was wondering if there was a way that you can colorize your actual icon folders in Outlook or assign clip art to them. I need the ability to look at a folder and immediately know what it is. I need to be able to distinquish one from the other as I have several folders within my InBox. Is there any way of accomplishing this? thank you Nope, sorry. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezea...

How to programmatically get the size of public folders on Exchange Server
Hello, Can you help me please? I have public folder structure in public foders on exchange server. I would like list public folders with size on each folder with subfoldes. I prefer example of script which can I do this. I read Q320071 (How to programmatically get the size of mailbox folders on Exchange Server) but when I change path from mbx to public folder then the script doesn't work as i excepted. Thank you Daniel Vojvoda ...

Looking for a slick way to merge items in Microsoft RMS
In the database at the store I work there are numerous duplicate entries for individual items that have multiple barcodes. For example, many books have two barcodes printed on them, one starting with 9 and another starting with 0. The store owners did not know how to do aliases until I showed them, so there are some odd duplicate entries. The real problem is, they are not consistent with which one is used, so they create purchase orders with one entry, receive the order in another one, and then the item could get sold on either entry. This really makes our inventory numbers unreliable. Any n...

micr configurable stubs
Hi All, Has anyone had to configure checks for GP using configurable stubs for MICR? Are there any tricks to making the process easier or an alternative program to use. Th eprocess so far is painfull as only one item can be selected at a time and each time I add an item it starts in upper left hand corner above other items. Thanks in advance for any insight Lorne Are you using Mekorma? I've used it to configure checks and found it relatively easy to use. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2t...

synch folders between Outlook and OutlookWebAccess
I am using pop 3/smtp connection to download email from my internet based Outlook Web Access. The mail folders and calendar I set up in Outlook Web does not appear after send/receive in Outlook 2002. How can I see the same folders when using Outlook Web or when using Outlook? Use Outlook Web Access in your web browser (note that you aren't downloading mail from OWA, you're downloading it from your Exchange mailbox). Or see if your company can implement VPN so you can securely access your full mailbox using Outlook from outside the network - this will also keep all your data in o...

odbc name and missing menu items
Hi there upgraded to v8 last week three workstations after the upgrade when they go to log in the ODBC connection the name has changed from Great Plains to a blank. on these same workstations in the reports menu there is no bin quantity report shown. on these same workstatsions when you go to receive a po they can only see shipment they cannot see shipment / invoice. is this a weird coincidence, or there something really wrong? I see there is a SP already, but it will not download. anyone else seen this happen? Hi, What OS (including SP) are the affected machines running? -- ...

public folder replication!!!!!!!!!!!
Is there a while paper out there on the proper way to setup replication of public folders between 2 window2003 exchange servers. Thanks "jon" <jgreen@alro.com> wrote: >Is there a while paper out there on the proper way to >setup replication of public folders between 2 window2003 >exchange servers. "proper" depends on what you want to do. Are you wanting to have a replica of every folder on both servers? If so, use the pfmigrate.wsf program on the E2K3 CD. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_f...

Issue: I cannot import mail folders from Thunderbird?
What am I doing wrong? I have read all through the help files, but it's a bit vague or I am simply missing it. "Hallofwebs" <Hallofwebs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C3203B9-085C-4774-8483-320D4B7C2531@microsoft.com... > What am I doing wrong? I have read all through the help files, but it's a > bit > vague or I am simply missing it. You can, but it's not a straight-forward process. have a look here: Transferring Email from Netscape 7.1 to Outlook/Outlook Express http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/ns7mailtoOEorO.html Although it sa...

changing folder item class
Hi- I have an exchange 200 public folder that was created in outlook as a 'post' folder, I'd like to change it to a 'message' type folder so all items posted appear as messages rather than posts. Have tried in vain to do this via outlook2002/2003 and ESM Any ideas? Thanks, Jez. Jez, Here is an article that will tell you how to handle this issue: 292484 XADM: Mail to a Public Folder Is Set as IPM.Post Instead of IPM.Note http://support.microsoft.com/?id=292484 Hope this helps, Charlotte Zinck [MSFT] Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send e-mail directly to...

How do I open the Junk Mail folder in Outlook 2000?
Hi! I can't find a Junk Mail folder to open? All info talks about setting up filters. I am missing messages and would like to see if they have landed in Junk(SPAM) Mail. Please advise and thanks! Dianne C. Dianne C. wrote: > I can't find a Junk Mail folder to open? All info talks about setting up > filters. I am missing messages and would like to see if they have > landed in Junk(SPAM) Mail. There is no Junk folder created by Outlook 2000. That version has no inbuilt spam filter. You'll have to create one if you want to use it, and then spec...

CRM 4.0 Outlook Client Install/Configuration
I cannot get the Outlook client to configure for any users. The intranet address and internet address are not found. Connectivity has been verified between workstations and crm server. Web clients work ok - thoush some functionality related to custom entities is not behaving properly (lookups not functioning, etc.) Addtionally, CRM is not sending or tracking emails at all. The CRM setup is as follows: Upgraded from 3.0 Win 2K3 Server (fully updated) with SQL 2005 SP2, Reporting Services SP2 Exchange 2003 Server (fully updated) - Email router will not configure. Any suggestions would b...

Multiple email accounts and inbox folders
I have 3 email accounts set up - one hotmail and two non-web-based accounts. The incoming hotmail messages automatically go into the hotmail inbox; however all email from the other email accounts winds up together in the "Outlook Today - [Personal Folders]" inbox. Is there a way that email received via these other ISP's can be directed to separate folders I specifically set up for them? Thanks in advance. Rick Johnston You have to use a rule to separate out POP accounts. Go with some like "when mail arrives through specified account, move to specified folder". You...

Configuration
Hello, I just installed Office 7 Home and Student and every time I open Word it says that it has to Configure the program. It doesn't do that with the other programs and it is getting tiresome because it takes a few minutes. Has anyone else had this problem or have some suggestions? Thanks! Jenn ...

Subform with selected item
i am working in MS access 2007 , I have a subform contains two fields customer name (type text) and customer selected (type yes/no) , one of these customer has a value 'ALL' , the question is : is there a way when i click in the customer selected field that has the customer name 'ALL' , to select all the records of the customer (mean add tic in all customer selected) ? any one could tell me how to do that ? Wissam: I don't have all the information I would like. That being said, there are a couple approaches you could try. One is to access the subform&#...

Error on Public Item Recovery
Hello I have a user that created a folder in their assigned departmental public folder and went and moved (on accident) his task from from his inbox to that folder. Then on top of that deleted it. For some reason when i try and run "recover deleted items" against this folder that contained his moved tasks i get an error that i may not have permissions. I have owner on the folder, he has owner on the folder, and the SA has owner on the folder. I have tried to recover the item with all 3 accounts. Additionally i post a test message in that folder and delete it, i can recove...

Help
I just started a 3 week trip and need to run Money to track spending while I'm away. However, when I start Money, it is trying to install something, and wants the Money CD, which is back at home. Yes, I know I should have tried this before I left, but the laptop with Money hasn't changed - its just out of its docking station. I thought I'd ask on the small chance that someone might have a clue on what might cause this and/or how to get around it. I can't think of any reason for something to be installed, but there must be something. Thanks TM What file(s) is it asking for...

How to create Release mode configure
Hi all, i am building a project, but i removed default Release configure, and now i try to use Debug config to copy to Release and then change something NDEBUG, Debug info is none, uncheck Generate Debug info any one can help me do this so that i dn't need to create new project again? Turn on optimizations. Do NOT turn off "Generate debug info"; it was a fundamental design error in VS to turn this off. You will need it to read crash dumps coming back from the field. Turn off the various runtime checks. Select the libraries to be the MultiThreaded DLL or for static lin...

Mail store folder on the network
i have a requirement to store mails for user for a long period of time my query is is there a microsoft mail client that can store the mails on network folder to ease my backing up of files nightly -- M I believe that Outlook can put its message store on a network. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "Mwasaru" <Mwasaru@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FB9AA96-D00D-4184-866B-BEC9D5D62E8B@microsoft.com... > i have a requirement to store mails for user for a long period of time my > query is is there a microsoft mail client that can store the mails...

Exporting Personal Folders
OK. I just spent two and a half hours on the phone with Microsoft tech support and they could not help. I have Outlook 2003 on my laptop and I want to export/copy/put all my e-mails including their attachments on my Outlook 2003 on my PC. How do I do it? I have 63 Folders and Sub-Folders with hundreds on e-mails. Here's what I've tried: 1. Exporting as a csv, the problem is you can only export one folder at a time and it doesn't export attachments. 2. Exporting as a pst, the problem is it won't open on the pc. 3. Copied the pst on my laptop and tried to import/paste/in...

how to st up a recurriing appointment in Calendar in Windows 7?
how to st up a recurriing appointment in Calendar in Windows 7? Are you using Outlook or Windows Live mail? In outlook, you open the appointment format and click the recurring button. This screenshot is from outlook 2007 - http://www.xsolive.com/Outlook%20Screen%20shots/Forms/DispForm.aspx?ID=140 -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mai...

folders and blackberry
I have regular client emails sent to folders so they are easier to manage, however I cannot see them on my blackberry if I am on the road. Are you using BES or BIS? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use? http://forums.slipstick...

Public Folder Assistant Advanced Properties
On upgrading from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003 whilst using Exchange 5.5 we have discovered the following problem. When selecting the properties of a public folder and going to Administration > Folder Assistant > Edit Rule > Advanced an error message appears that states "The Advanced Dialog box cannot be opened...". After acknowloging that message, the Advanced box does appear but it is incomplete - the options normally displayed at the bottom of the box are missing. Furthermore, whilst viewing this partially correct Advanced Dialog box and clicking on the 'Forms' ...