Configuring free/busy calendar in Exchange 2003

Does anyone know how to configure the free/busy in Exchange 2003 to publish
more than 2 months of calendar free/busy information on the server? I can do
it on the client Outlook but I want to change the default from 2 months to 6
months for all users.
Free/busy information is used by people sending meeting requests to
determine when you are available for meeting.

Thanks.

--John

0
lejohn (4)

RMS in a RESTAURANT/TAKE AWAY business??
I am not sure but has any one implemented RMS in a RESTAURANT enviroment? Just Curious, Thanks in Advance for response Dushayant Not a good fit try www.dinerware.com "Dushayant Dhar" <d.dhar@prosale.com.au> wrote in message news:u49kAqreFHA.3328@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I am not sure but has any one implemented RMS in a RESTAURANT enviroment? > > Just Curious, > > Thanks in Advance for response > > Dushayant > ...

Sony P900 Sync issue with Calendar
Hello, Does anyone have any experience of synchronising the Sony P900 phone with Office 2003? All works well, and things sync fine with contacts and tasks, but the Calendar never seems to be found! I have looked at the Sync settings in the P900 app, and tried all possibilities of choosing the Calendar folder, but whilst it clearly shows the other things are being sent to the phone, it refuses to see anything in my calendar and so the phone calendar stays empty. The sync app gets as far as Initializing on the Calendar line, but then immediately jumpt to Done Anyone got an suggestions to help...

How to programmatically get the size of public folders on Exchange Server
Hello, Can you help me please? I have public folder structure in public foders on exchange server. I would like list public folders with size on each folder with subfoldes. I prefer example of script which can I do this. I read Q320071 (How to programmatically get the size of mailbox folders on Exchange Server) but when I change path from mbx to public folder then the script doesn't work as i excepted. Thank you Daniel Vojvoda ...

micr configurable stubs
Hi All, Has anyone had to configure checks for GP using configurable stubs for MICR? Are there any tricks to making the process easier or an alternative program to use. Th eprocess so far is painfull as only one item can be selected at a time and each time I add an item it starts in upper left hand corner above other items. Thanks in advance for any insight Lorne Are you using Mekorma? I've used it to configure checks and found it relatively easy to use. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2t...

outlook calendar catagory question
I'm wondering if it is a local only or if it can be a networked feature. Here is the issue on my pc I run outlook 2007. I use the catagory feature in the calendar to have certain color /catagories for the various project/jobs with the name of the projects attached to a certain color. It works fine on my pc but when I go to another pc it just shows the default catagories without my names. Is it possible to have what I setup on my machine to be available on all the other networked pc's. I'm running on a sbs 2003 network with 10 users, and we do use exchange. -- Th...

Deleting databases in exchange 2003
One of my storage groups has gone corrupt due to a hardware issue, and I managed to restore an older copy. I created a new storage group and have created new databases within this storage group. My problem is that when I take all of the accounts out of each database and transfer them to the new databases I am left with 2 accounts in each database that I can't delete or move, this in turn stops me from deleting these old databases and hence the storage group. these accounts are :SMTP mail and sytem mailbox. these 2 are in each database. How do I delete them? Any help is much apprecia...

how to change the default calendar?
I've setup my outlook profile to connect to an exchange server and I've also created a pst file. With a client-side rule I automatically move all mail items from the exchange inbox to the pst inbox when new mail arrives. All works fine, except the default calendar is the pst calendar and not the calendar that resides to my exchange mailbox. Is there a way to change the default calendar to the exchange mailbox calendar again? Or is there a possibility to create a VBA macro so that all appointments booked in the pst calendar are moved to the exchange calendar? Any help is welcome...

No Fix as yet to password problem in outlook 2003
I have posted this same problem at least a dozen times and nobody has come up with a fix as yet. Other people are contacting me and saying that they are experiencing the same problem and are asking me what to do. Now, as you know, I have followed the KB article to the letter and still have had no joy, so what do I do? Please just tell me if a full uninstall/reinstall of office would reset everything or is it more complicated? I am very sorry for keeping on about this problem but whenever I open my outlook profile, a box pops up asking if I want my username and password to be saved (befo...

CRM 4.0 Outlook Client Install/Configuration
I cannot get the Outlook client to configure for any users. The intranet address and internet address are not found. Connectivity has been verified between workstations and crm server. Web clients work ok - thoush some functionality related to custom entities is not behaving properly (lookups not functioning, etc.) Addtionally, CRM is not sending or tracking emails at all. The CRM setup is as follows: Upgraded from 3.0 Win 2K3 Server (fully updated) with SQL 2005 SP2, Reporting Services SP2 Exchange 2003 Server (fully updated) - Email router will not configure. Any suggestions would b...

Vista & Exchange System Management Tools / Admin Pack / AdminPak
I have Windows Server Administration Tools installed on Vista, but can't get Exchange System Management Tools to install. When I run the Setup, it warns me twice that this is not compatible with Vista. When I continue anyway, and try to select the Exchange System Management Tools, it tells me: "The component "Microsoft Exchange System Management Tools" cannot be assigned the action "install" because: - The "Internet Information Services Snap-In" component of the Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) is either not installed or disabled" I ...

Outlook 2002 Calendar Printing Problem
When I try to print my calendar I get the following error message: "Unable to save the print settings. Make sure the file C:\Documents and Settings\bng\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\OutlPrnt exists and can be written to." How to I correct this problem? ...

Configuration
Hello, I just installed Office 7 Home and Student and every time I open Word it says that it has to Configure the program. It doesn't do that with the other programs and it is getting tiresome because it takes a few minutes. Has anyone else had this problem or have some suggestions? Thanks! Jenn ...

Business Integration script error
I recently upgraded from GP v 9.0 to v10.0. I converted a Business Integration package by cutting and pasting the scripts by hand from the old version over to the new verson. Now when I run the new version, I am getting an error: DOC 15 ERROR: Type mismatch: 'CancelDocument' DOC 15 ERROR: Error Executing Script 'Customer ID' Line 34: Here is the text of the script...I have tried it with a message and without and I get the same error: Dim isZero Dim customerID Dim startIndex Dim sSQL Set myRS = GetVariable("myRecordset") isZero = True customerID = SourceFie...

Help
I just started a 3 week trip and need to run Money to track spending while I'm away. However, when I start Money, it is trying to install something, and wants the Money CD, which is back at home. Yes, I know I should have tried this before I left, but the laptop with Money hasn't changed - its just out of its docking station. I thought I'd ask on the small chance that someone might have a clue on what might cause this and/or how to get around it. I can't think of any reason for something to be installed, but there must be something. Thanks TM What file(s) is it asking for...

Re: Calendar access only
It seems Read-only from Microsoft, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821900 Any other ideas for me? Thank You. -- Ray "Ray" <ray@utah.edu> wrote in message news:... > Hi there, > > I have a weird problem here, one of our secretaries has to access our > boss' calendar, but she is working out of site. If she put our boss' > calendar in outlook 2003, everything is OK, she can look at it and > add/modify anything. However, she is working out of here, she only can > access our Exchange server by Outlook Web Access, so I made a URL for her, > ...

Updt to 2007-business cards are rolling in print process
I just updated to Microsoft 2007. I print my business cards on Publisher and with the new program, the printing rolls several lines with each sucessive card, causing only 1 card out of ten to be usable. In addition, the far left line of cards margins have changed. How do I fix? Use one of the Avery USLetter business card page setups. They work... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jane-YWCA" <Jane-YWCA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:998BD808-C1C0-4B7D-ACD1-E6053C6DFAEF@microsoft.c...

Defrag an exchange disk....not essutil
I've been looking around but haven't seen a definitive answer. I have a server with windows server '03 and am running exchange '03. The disk that holds exchange is heavily fragmented when i ran the analyzer tool in the disk defragmenter utility in windows. I've heard stories where it's not safe to do this. Is it safe to defragment the disk even though it holds exchange? http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=328804 You can. Ms recommends doing it with the databases dis-mounted. We stop the services, move out the edb files, defrag, and copy them back....... &...

Appointment Status = Free ???
Hi, we're using in our Company Outlook 2000 with EXC 2000. If I open up a new appointment in a Public Folder calendar, the status ("Show time as:") is usually "Busy". Is it somehow possible to have this field showing "Free" when opening up a new appointment? Weird question, I know, but my customer wants to know that! Thanks for your answers! Florian ...

Exchange 2007/Windows Mobile 6.5 Phone Issue
I just finished installing an SBS2008 server running Exchange 2007. I have a Windows Mobile 6.5 phone that I am connecting to the server. All works well (I've done this with E2k3 before) and the phone connects and syncs. My issue is this. There is something on the E2k7 that is forcing the user to enter a several digit passcode in order to get on to the phone. I figure it is some security feature in E2k7 so that if the phone comes into the wrong hands it can be wiped at the server (or wipe itself after 10 failed attempts). It's a nice feature buy my users HATE having...

Find People Free Search
This is cool. Found this site Find People Free Search. It is a free people search site. Sign up is free. http://publicrecordssearch847pq7th.blogspot.com/ ...

How do I open doc's from Publisher 2000 when I am using Pub 2003?
I recently purchased Publisher 2003 and can't seem to edit any document from a previous version. Are you running Norton AV? Try disabling NAV Script Blocking ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Start NAV Click Options. If a menu appears when you click Options, then click NortonAntiVirus. The Norton AntiVirus Options dialog box appears. Click Script Blocking. Uncheck Enable Script Blocking (recommended). Click OK. Restart the computer if prompted to do so. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "GAR" <GAR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01222D01-7A00-4...

Outlook 2002 Calendar #5
how do I get national and Jewish holidays for 2006? http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/missinghol.htm and if you need more than are listed in the holiday list, see http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/holidays.htm for additional lists. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook new...

CONVERT function for Excel 2003
I was trying to format time in decimals to days:hours:mins format. While using microsoft excel 2003 help, they said to use CONVERT funtion for the same. But there isnt any CONVERT funtion in the Inset menu>funtions, in excel 2003. I tried for the same on Excel 2003 installed in other computers as well to confirm, but they didnt have it either. Could anyone explain why? And how could I install the CONVERT funtion on to my Excel 2003? Hi Time is stored as fractions of a day (24 hours). So to convert your data, with decimals hours in cell A1, enter in B1 =A1/24 and format B1 ...

Calendar reminders in Outlook
Hi, I've created a second calendar at work. The main calendar is for my routine daily/weekly/monthly appointments and meetings. The second calendar is for the milestones of my projects. It works great with the exception of reminders. The reminders don't seem to work with the secondary calendar. Is there a way to turn on reminders for the secondary calendar? And a second question. I have an Excel worksheet that I also use that holds all the dates of my projects (although it sounds like duplication of effort, they both really serve separate purposes). Is there a way to tie the d...

Future phone calls to be added to calendar
Is there a way to set up a calendar of activities like phone calls to be made. The same way that you can set up appointments in a calendar. just schedule a phone call activity "mscrmuser" <mscrmuser@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1156188079.787331.225430@74g2000cwt.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way to set up a calendar of activities like phone calls to > be made. The same way that you can set up appointments in a calendar. > jjbrisbane wrote: > just schedule a phone call activity But that doesn't place the future phone call in the outlook cale...