Configuring Exchange 5.5 to use a RBL (Real-time Spam Black List)

Is it possible to use a RBL with Exchange 5.5?  What's the simplest way?

Don't want to manually enter every email address to block.

Thanks

Not directly. But majority of antivirus softwares for Exchange support RBL,
for example Symantec Mail Security so you could do RBL's in antivirus
software

--
Regards,

Dejan Foro
dejan.foro@exchangemaster.net
www.exchangemaster.net

Join Exchange User Group Europe for free, post questions about Exchange,
find useful Exchange links in our link library, chat with other
members...See you at www.eugeurope.org/join

"Cal_Cougar" <Cal_Cougar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to use a RBL with Exchange 5.5?  What's the simplest way?
>
> Don't want to manually enter every email address to block.
>
> Thanks

How to programmatically get the size of public folders on Exchange Server
Hello, Can you help me please? I have public folder structure in public foders on exchange server. I would like list public folders with size on each folder with subfoldes. I prefer example of script which can I do this. I read Q320071 (How to programmatically get the size of mailbox folders on Exchange Server) but when I change path from mbx to public folder then the script doesn't work as i excepted. Thank you Daniel Vojvoda ...

micr configurable stubs
Hi All, Has anyone had to configure checks for GP using configurable stubs for MICR? Are there any tricks to making the process easier or an alternative program to use. Th eprocess so far is painfull as only one item can be selected at a time and each time I add an item it starts in upper left hand corner above other items. Thanks in advance for any insight Lorne Are you using Mekorma? I've used it to configure checks and found it relatively easy to use. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2t...

Deleting databases in exchange 2003
One of my storage groups has gone corrupt due to a hardware issue, and I managed to restore an older copy. I created a new storage group and have created new databases within this storage group. My problem is that when I take all of the accounts out of each database and transfer them to the new databases I am left with 2 accounts in each database that I can't delete or move, this in turn stops me from deleting these old databases and hence the storage group. these accounts are :SMTP mail and sytem mailbox. these 2 are in each database. How do I delete them? Any help is much apprecia...

Using wide and regular format monitors
Hello All My job just gave me new Lenovo T400 laptop running XP. (No Windows 7 yet for us) It has a 14 inch wide format screen. I'm attaching the computer to a traditional 20 inch screen. The wide display on the laptop 1280 x 800 is squished and off the screen on the traditional montior. When I open display properties, it shows both montiors as Monitor 1. I'd like to have the traditional monitor work property without having to resize the display resolution every time I connect to it. (I do NOT want to use one monitor as an extension of my desktop). Is there a way ...

Exchange 5.5 IMC question
Hi, anyone know how to stop an Exchange 5.5 IMC from recieving but still allow it to send?? Cheers John On the Connections tab, set the Transfer Mode to Outbound Only. Restart the IMS. -- Denis McDowell [MSFT] "John" <John@4sol.com> wrote in message news:OnQV9krLEHA.2612@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > anyone know how to stop an Exchange 5.5 IMC from recieving but still allow > it to send?? > > Cheers > > John > > Great tip!! This is the answer to my problem (see the "Can I run NAV on received e-mails?"). I need to install NA...

Rebuild/rename exchange server
Hi, apologies for the crosspost but think it is valid... I have exchange 2003 standard running on one server on my network. The box it is running on is being rebuilt and renamed, and exchange reinstalled (disaster recovery mode) and restored. My question is that all my clients (OL2003) are set to point to the old server name, and I need to point them all at the new server name. Can anyone advise the best way of doing this? Thanks, steve I think they automatically look for the new server once the old one is decommissioned, but I'm not running E2K3 here. They did do a migration a...

CRM 4.0 Outlook Client Install/Configuration
I cannot get the Outlook client to configure for any users. The intranet address and internet address are not found. Connectivity has been verified between workstations and crm server. Web clients work ok - thoush some functionality related to custom entities is not behaving properly (lookups not functioning, etc.) Addtionally, CRM is not sending or tracking emails at all. The CRM setup is as follows: Upgraded from 3.0 Win 2K3 Server (fully updated) with SQL 2005 SP2, Reporting Services SP2 Exchange 2003 Server (fully updated) - Email router will not configure. Any suggestions would b...

Vista & Exchange System Management Tools / Admin Pack / AdminPak
I have Windows Server Administration Tools installed on Vista, but can't get Exchange System Management Tools to install. When I run the Setup, it warns me twice that this is not compatible with Vista. When I continue anyway, and try to select the Exchange System Management Tools, it tells me: "The component "Microsoft Exchange System Management Tools" cannot be assigned the action "install" because: - The "Internet Information Services Snap-In" component of the Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) is either not installed or disabled" I ...

Smart List
SL Payables Transaction will include unpost trx enter in Trx>Purchasing>Trx Entry but does not include unpost PM Manual Payment/Edit Check Trx. 1) how to include unpost manual payment ? 2) what type of UNPOST trx are excluded in SL? any documentation on this? thks If you don't see data in SmartList, you can't add it. You would need SmartList Builder to create your own SmartList. -- Charles Allen, MVP "HFLo" wrote: > SL Payables Transaction will include unpost trx enter in Trx>Purchasing>Trx > Entry but does not include unpost PM Manual Payment/E...

Appointment times won't post correctly
On the calendar, appointments, meetings, etc. made or received show up on the date and time received or sent; regardless of the actual date or time of the appointment. Is there a setting that will correct this? I've exhausted myself trying to find a fix. Outlook 2003 There is a seperate calendar time zone setting that has to be set in addition to your system clock. Pain in the ass. Go to Options and then select Calendar. You should see the Time Zone button there. Set it accordingly, but be aware that everything in your calendar up to that point will change. "Keith Wilso...

Exchange 2010 and Blackberry
We have a client that is running Exchange 2003 with a Blackberry Enterprise Server. We are going to upgrade the client to Exchange 2010. Before proceeding, I was wondering if there were any issues running Exchange 2010 with a Blackberry Enterprise Server. I was also wondering (hoping) that the functions the Blackberry Enterprise Server perform now had been incorporated into this new version of Exchange. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 12:04:56 -0500, "skymax_taf" <skymax_taf@yahoo.com> wrote: >We have a client that is running Exchange 2003 ...

Configuration
Hello, I just installed Office 7 Home and Student and every time I open Word it says that it has to Configure the program. It doesn't do that with the other programs and it is getting tiresome because it takes a few minutes. Has anyone else had this problem or have some suggestions? Thanks! Jenn ...

find record using combo box
I want to use combo box to locate a name. After update, the combo box shows the name but the form does not move to the record of combobox. Here is my code: Private Sub cboLook_AfterUpdate() Dim rs As DAO.Recordset 'Search in the clone set. Set rs = Me.RecordsetClone rs.FindFirst "[name]= """ & Me.cboLook & """" 'Display the found record in the form. Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark frmFlexSubform.SetFocus Set rs = Nothing End Sub You have a field named Name? Access ...

Utilizing the Print Preview without using a printer
How can I use the Print Preview function and make any necessary changes to my worksheet?..I currently do not have a printer installed, but would still like to be able to have access to the Print Preview functions before I actually print my worksheet. Just install *any* print driver that might be resident on your system, and XL will then enable the "PrintPreview" feature, even though no actual printer is present. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ==========================================...

Create my own 'not in list' event ?
Is it possible to create my own 'not in list' event? I want to capture the data entered to the table but I don't want it to become part of the combo box contents. What I envisage doing is in the after update event for the combo box, check if the value entered is not one of the currently listed values, and if not, insert the contents with a special flag that excludes it from the combo box query. Are the values in a combo box part of a collection I can loop through? The intellisense seems to indicate there is no .count property? You can do whatever you like in the NotInList ev...

payroll posting Account setup in GP 7.5
WHich table contains the information displayed on 'payroll posting Account setup'? ...

Saving form takes a long time
Hi all, In Access2003 I have a frontend of about 2MB (backend is about 1,5 MB and has about 8 tables). The frontend consists of 4 forms, 6 reports, 2 modules, and some queries. The biggest and main form in the frontend seems like a normal form to me. It has a subform in it and in my eyes not too much code. However, when I make a simple change to the form, for instance making a field bigger or add a button with 3 lines of code, and I want to save the form it takes 1 to 2 minutes to save. Although there are no signs of a corrupt database I tried compact and repair. This action is done pr...

Help
I just started a 3 week trip and need to run Money to track spending while I'm away. However, when I start Money, it is trying to install something, and wants the Money CD, which is back at home. Yes, I know I should have tried this before I left, but the laptop with Money hasn't changed - its just out of its docking station. I thought I'd ask on the small chance that someone might have a clue on what might cause this and/or how to get around it. I can't think of any reason for something to be installed, but there must be something. Thanks TM What file(s) is it asking for...

No Exchange but Want to Share
Hi Y'all! I have moved to a new company which does not have an Exchange Server (can you beleive it!?). Can anyone share any ideas that will give me similar share facilities that are standard with Exchange, without Exchange (sorry Bill, I love Exchange but the bosses won't pay your price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) tia Jonathan http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm (other solutions section perhaps) "jonathan" <jonathan@cbimports.co.uk> wrote in message news:%235ovfC6NEHA.3944@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi Y'all! > > I have moved to a new company whi...

Viruses and Exchange
So we've just began using an exchange server here, we've got mcafee webshield, along with group shield, and everyone keeps gettin viruses in thier mail. Whats the best way to stop all these virsuses from getting though? (or to stop all the virsuses that are being sent around) steve wrote: > So we've just began using an exchange server here, we've > got mcafee webshield, along with group shield, and > everyone keeps gettin viruses in thier mail. Whats the > best way to stop all these virsuses from getting though? > (or to stop all the virsuses that are being ...

Changing Exchange server name
Hi all, I've to change my Exchange server name from old_server_name to new_server_name. What I've to know before make this change? Thank you On the same subject, I use an MST when installing through my org. I will alter the MST so Outlook configures Automatically on new installs but where is the Exchange sever named stored to change it on Previously installed PCs (only effects user who sign on to multiple location as there first sign on is handled by Active Directory) . note: sry to horde in on your thread Andrea "Andrea Caldarone" wrote: > Hi all, > &...

How to use subfroms based on VBA.
Hi new to programming VBA in Access 2003. I have a subform which has two comboboxes. The first combobox uses the folowing rowsource. SELECT Outputs_Classification.Output_id, Outputs_Classification.OutputClass FROM Outputs_Classification; The second combobox uses the afterupdate VBA code to select the rowsource of the second combbobox as below. Private Sub Form_Current() Me!SB_combo.Requery End Sub Private Sub ServiceBenefit_combo_AfterUpdate() Dim Physical As Integer, Output As Integer Me.SB_combo = 0 Me.SB_combo.Requery Output = ServiceBenefit_combo.Value Forms![Ser...

OWA Error #5
I've just installed SBS2003 and Exchange 2003. Everything was working great with the exception of OWA. I could connect with any client inside the local network, but not outside (outside of the NAT). Ports 80 and 443/444 were opened to the outside, but to no avail. Permissions for the directories were set out of the box, but still nothing. In messing around with it tonight (changing different permissions and access rules) I've managed to break OWA. When I access the OWA site http:\\server\exchange\ it tries to load it, but ends up with a 500 Internal Server Error. Prior to...

Exchange 2003 ActiveSync with PPC2002
hi every one . i cant make ActiveSync to work with my PPC2002 Moblie phone , i have found some WhitePapaers that telling the basics but not more then that ! . im trying to do it localy with the USB cradle for the time being i always get error Messages like : " INTERNET_29" " COMMGR_36 " and " 0X8450000 any help will be more then welcome !! Thanks Ahead Dani This is usually caused by connectivity issues or not having an SSL certificate installed on the server. Check out this article: 318883 XCCC: "Synchronization failed" Error Message Occurs with an I...

VC2003 project not building first time on VC2005
Hi All, I've imported a VC2003 project solution on VC2005. My problem is when i clean and build it on VC2005 it doesn't build, it throws 1 error which is also not mentioned anywhere on the output window, but when i build it again without cleaning the previous failed build, it builds fine... Please help me to resolve this; it may be environment problem.. Thanks in advance, Rohit "Rohit" <rksindhu@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:875005a3-9937-47c7-a617-4f17c007645c@k30g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > I've imported a VC2003 project solution on VC2005. &g...