complete list of error message for exchange?

Dear all,

Can anyone tell me where to download a complete list of error message
for exhcnage?

thanks
sam
0
samwun (1)

There really is no one definitive place to do this, we have some articles
such as the ones below that list error codes

266361 Exstensible Storage Engine 98 Error Codes 0 to -1048
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=266361

266367 Exstensible Storage Engine 98 Error Codes -1051 to -999999
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=266367

You can also use Error.exe to translate errors.  Go to a command prompt and
change to your Exchsrvr\bin folder

If you are getting say a -1018 error, type

error -1018

This will translate in your output to

<0xfffffc06> = JET_errReadVerifyFailure

This will not work on all errors and some will output to "unknown error"

--
Hope this helps

--
Melissa Travers, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

purposes only.

"sam" <samwun@hgcbroadband.com> wrote in message
> Dear all,
>
> Can anyone tell me where to download a complete list of error message
> for exhcnage?
>
> thanks
> sam

0
mtravers (146)
4/20/2004 6:24:46 PM
sam <samwun@hgcbroadband.com> wrote:

>Can anyone tell me where to download a complete list of error message
>for exhcnage?

not even microsoft has that! :)

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

2 site/1 e-mail domain
Ok here is the setup at the moment 2 sites - different locations no direct link domain1.local (2003 server) using company.co.uk domain2.local (2003 server) using company.co.uk domain1 collects the e-mail from an external source and uses mailgate to sort mail (users pop in) domain1 has an account for domain2 with alias users that are at domain2 domain2 then uses the same mailgate program to collect from domain1 and users at domain2 pop to that. both sites are moving to exchange but both use the same company.co.uk for e-mail is there a way to setup domain1 to recieve mail but also have doma...

make column lists for select query.
sheet1 table1 col1_1 table1 col1_2 table1 col1_3 table1 col1_4 table1 col1_5 table1 col1_6 table2 col2_1 table2 col2_2 table2 col2_3 table2 col2_4 .... .... sheet2 table1 col1_1,col1_2,col1_3,col1_4,col1_5,col1_6, table2 col2_1,col2_2,col2_3,col2_4, .... .... I want to make column lists for some table listed in sheet1. for example, select column_lists from table1 without vba is it possible? thanks. I think you may want some dependent lists. http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html HTH, Barb Reinhardt "kang" wrote: > sheet1 > table1 col1_1 > table1 col1_2 >...

Table not listed in Table Names / Table Descriptions window
Hi, I am missing a 3rd party table in the Table Names window. I'm trying to view the table via the Tools > Resource Descriptions > Tables navigation but my table does not display here. I can view the table under the SQL Maintenance window (Tools > Maintenance > SQL). Does anyone know why it does not appear under the Resource descriptions for Tables? I have other 3rd party tables that appear here just fine. Thanks in advance, Jacqy What module is it? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com I ch...

Quirky recent file list #2
Debra--- I do tend to open from Windows Explore more then File>Open. But I am saving the file. It's more that it is annoying when I close a file by accident and don't quite remember where it got saved on the server. Stacie -- SPenney ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SPenney's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1079 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=267592 Well, I guess you weren't the only one who wanted this behaviour changed. <g> If/when you upgr...

Exchange 2007 Evaluation version #2

Getting List of Visible Windows
Hi All, I am working on a problem that requires me to know whether or not any part of a particular window is visible (even if it's like a one pixel corner). In my misunderstanding, I thought that ::IsWindowVisible would cover it, but it looks like that call just verifies that the hWnd actually has a dialog box. I was able to take it a step further and find out whether or not a window is minimized using ::GetWindowPlacement, but I really need to find out if a window is visible or not (in other words, not completely covered by higher z-order windows). Is there some sort of API call that ...

List Shows Private Files
DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THIS? Whenever I save an attachment, and go to the drop down menu for file name, I am shown a list of dozens of files recently accessed on the computer (not just files accessed by Outlook Express). This occurs even if recent cocuments is turned off in Windows XP and even if the recent documents folder for Windows XP has been cleared. This shows too much! Others using Outlook Express on the same computer can potentially view the file names of every document, image, and device recently accessed. Where is the folder to clear this data out of? duncan <anonym...

Unable to create more Windows NT accounts for Exchange mailboxes
Hi Guys, Currently our Exchange server stopped allowing the creation of more Windows NT Accounts with the following error"Insufficient System Resources exist to complete the requested service".Pls is there a way out of this? We run Exchange 5.5 SP3 on Windows NT Server. -- Buchi ...

Edit Microsoft Exchange System Object with ADSI
When I applied a new recipient policy to add a 2nd domain name to our users, I applied it to all rather than using a filter to only pick the users in the Users OU. Everything was still fine but we have one conflict. A public folder had the same name as a user and thus had the same email address. We are getting the event:Event ID: 9514 Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Description: Two objects in the Directory have the same proxy - /DC=COM/DC=[DomainName]/CN=[ContainerName1]/CN=[Object1] and /DC=COM/DC=[DomainName]/CN=[ContainerName2]/CN=[Object2] I deleted the public folder b...

Outlook 2002/XP Folder List view question

ESM error
I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I have Exchange2k3 SP2 running on a Win2k3 server. Our Exchange Admin is out on medical leave so I am resuming his responsibilities. My problem is I cannot access some of the storage groups using exchange system manager. We have 4 mailbox stores and I get an error trying to access 3 of them. The error is "An unknown error has occurred. ID no: 80040d1b Exchange System Manager". What is really puzzling is if I click on a storage group a second time, I don't get the error but the storage group shows up as empty. I have thi...

Upgrading from Exchange 2000 Standard to Enterprise Cal ? #2
Hello Everyone, I know the upgrade process from exchange 2000 standard to enterprise seems pretty straight forward. However, I have a cal question. Are my standard cals still good with this upgrade. Say I have right now standard 2000 with 30 cals. If I upgrade to Exchange 2000 Enterprise with 25 cals to pass the 16mb limitation. Would I then only have the 25 cals or 55 total cals? Thanks ...

#Error Message
I have created a calculation to count the number of people and placed it in the Name Footer: =count([EyNumber]) and called the unbound box, CountNames. When there are no results it returns the #Error message. How can I remove this error message and display a message like, "No Data", or display the true results of a count? I have tried using the IsError function but can't seem to get it to work. Thanks Hi Nigel, Try: =IIf(IsError([EyNumber]), "No Data", Count([EyNumber]) Clifford Bass Nigel wrote: >I have created a calculatio...

Contact not importing names of csv lists
Whenever I import a csv file into outlook 2007 it imports only the email addresses, nothing else. I've titled the csv columns with the exact same headings as the outlook contact headings. Still, it imports only the email addresses. What do I need to do to get it to import the full names as well? Is it correct to assume that because you stated that you "titled the csv columns the same as the Outlook contact headings" - that you used "auto-map" to import your data? There is absolutely no reason, benefit or value whatsoever (under any circumstances) in ...

Exchange 5.5 <-> Exchange 2000 cannot rebuild ADC
I have two servers, one is Exchange 5.5, one is Exchange 2000. They are normally connected via the ADC. However, occasionally, these servers will lose sync, and the only previous recourse was a reboot, and a rebuilding of the ADC. Required a bit of extra "manpower", but it got the job done. So, we went through and tried it again to fix a problem, and now we cannot get the ADC back up. When I try to set the destination or source for the ADC to place/get information to/from the Exchange 5.5 system, I get the following error: "The Exchange server specified does not meet the...

How do I randomize a list without repeats
I have a listing ordered from 1 to 1596 that I would like to re-order - randomize such that no one item in the list is repeated. I am using Microsoft Office Excel 2003 Hi, Let's say that your list is in A1:A1596. Create a helper column, say B1:B1596 as follows: In B1, enter the formula =RAND(), and drag the formula down the column to B1597. Select B2:B1596, and in the SAME column, "Copy" --> "Edit Special"-->"Values". Now select both the columns and sort by column B (ascending or descending). Regards, B. R. Ramachandran "K9CE" wrote:...

SMTP 550 Message
Hi folks, Went I send an email via my Comcast to the following address (dvanderwoude@nwpic.bellingham.wa.us) I get the following error. Reporting-MTA: dns; comcast.net Arrival-Date: 29 Jun 2006 16:19:43 +0000 Final-Recipient: rfc822; <dvanderwoude@nwpic.bellingham.wa.us> Action: failed Status: 5.0.0 550_#5.1.0_Address_rejected. Diagnostic-Code: smtp; Permanent Failure: Other undefined Status Last-Attempt-Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:19:43 -0000 I understant tha a 550 is a deny, I just don't know were should I look or what to do in able to fix this issue. I should said also, that t...

Combo Box Value List/Query Criteria
Hi Folks - I have a combo box with a value list of Option1, Option2 and ALL. I pass this combo box info into a query. Here's a sample of the query criteria: IIf([Forms]![frmSwitchboard]![cboCaseType]="all",Is Null,[Forms]![frmSwitchboard]![cboCaseType]) In other words, if the combo box selection is ALL, then display all records, otherwise use selected option. The above criteria does not work. Any suggestions? Thanks. Michael Michael, Try... (IsNull is an operator, not a value) IIf([Forms]![frmSwitchboard]![cboCaseType]="All", Null,[Forms]![frmSwitchboar...

popup box message; "Publisher cannot open the file"
saved as a .pub file but unable to open. popup box message "Publisher cannot open the file" What version Publisher do you have? Do you know what version Publisher was used to create the file? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "stature" <stature@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0AD1D565-743D-478D-95DD-5C5358400272@microsoft.com... > saved as a .pub file but unable to open. popup box message "Publisher cannot > open the file" ...

Trail Version of Exchange
Hello I have installed and i am test the trail verion of Exchange (180 days) How do i check how many days i have left, as i cannot remember when i installed this Thanks Andy One way to do this would be to fire up ADSIEdit and find out when the Exchange Server object was created in your Exchange Org in the Configuration naming context. Perhaps there are other ways as well, including app. event log... -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Andrew" <not@home.com> ...

Outlook 2002
Can anyone tell me why in Outlook 2002, when I send a message it goes to the Outbox and sits there until I click another folder or wait for a long time. The Send Message Immediately is checked. I did apply SP2. Any suggestions will be greatky appreciated. Thanks Jim Stroyek jim.stroyek@na.omgi.com ...

how do I stop Outlook from downloading old deleted email messages #2