complete list of error message for exchange?

Dear all,

Can anyone tell me where to download a complete list of error message
for exhcnage?

thanks
sam
0
samwun (1)

There really is no one definitive place to do this, we have some articles
such as the ones below that list error codes

266361 Exstensible Storage Engine 98 Error Codes 0 to -1048
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=266361

266367 Exstensible Storage Engine 98 Error Codes -1051 to -999999
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=266367

You can also use Error.exe to translate errors.  Go to a command prompt and
change to your Exchsrvr\bin folder

If you are getting say a -1018 error, type

error -1018

This will translate in your output to

<0xfffffc06> = JET_errReadVerifyFailure

This will not work on all errors and some will output to "unknown error"

--
Hope this helps

--
Melissa Travers, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

purposes only.

"sam" <samwun@hgcbroadband.com> wrote in message
> Dear all,
>
> Can anyone tell me where to download a complete list of error message
> for exhcnage?
>
> thanks
> sam

0
mtravers (146)
4/20/2004 6:24:46 PM
sam <samwun@hgcbroadband.com> wrote:

>Can anyone tell me where to download a complete list of error message
>for exhcnage?

not even microsoft has that! :)

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Exchange 2000 restore with no backup
All - W2K fell over taking E2K with it - company concerned had NO system state backup infact had pretty much nothing except have managed to get the box up to copy the exchsvr folder with all edb's and transaction logs. Have reloaded a recovery server with E2K to same level (I think) how can I get this box up and running OR how can I just access the pub1.edb/priv1.edb so I can export to pst's - am I pushing it?? - any advice welcome! tia :) Try this: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=25254 -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia....

Not in list event
I'm running code in the not in list event of a combobox to add a row and then I am attempting to lookup a record based on the added row. The adding of the row works fine, but not the looking up of the record. Here's the code I'm using: Response = acDataErrContinue Dim intAnswer As Integer Dim dbs As DAO.Database, rst As DAO.Recordset Dim strOldValue As String Dim strName As String Dim varCost As Variant Set dbs = CurrentDb Set rst = dbs.OpenRecordset("tblOrg", dbOpenDynaset) 'Open the recordset for the combobox table intAnswe...

Printing Error for HTML Messages Outlook 2003
Running Outlook 2003 and anytime i try to invoke the Print dialog with an HTML email message, i get a Runtime error (Line 638). Additionally, choosing the Page Setup dialog causes Error 19: Object doesn't support this property or method. I've tried Detect and Repair as well as uninstalling/ reinstalling the software. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks, Shane Go to http://forums.devshed.com/t133545/s.html and look at post no 4. Solved my problem "Shane Hofeldt" wrote: > Running Outlook 2003 and anytime i try to invoke the > Print dialog with a...

a fatal error has occured in outlook. the data in your envelope has been lost, but your document is still available
a fatal error has occured in outlook. the data in your envelope has been lost, but your document is still available. Ummm WTH? What version of Outlook? What type of email account? Are there any other error messages and/or numbers? Are there any Office-related error entries in the Application Event Viewer? Are you able to send/receive email? Can you open email? -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "brianwatson81@gmail.com" wrote: > a fatal error has occured in outlook. the data in your envelope has...

UTF-16 to UTF-8 conversion error
Hi, I was doing a test for UTF-16 to UTF-8 conversion. I tried with ::WideCharToMultiByte. If the string is ANSI (e.g. "hello"), everything is OK. Then I tried with a non-ANSI string I picked a Katakana symbol ( U+FF9C ), it can be viewed using MS Mincho font. When I called WideCharToMultiByte to get length for destination buffer (in bytes), I got 7 as a result?! Instead, if I use the simple AtlUnicodeToUTF8() for the same string, the Katakana character is correctly converted to 2 bytes UTF-8: C3 AF (hex) This is my code: <CODE> inline int CW2Utf8::GetRequiredBytes( IN L...

CFileDialog -- auto completion issue
I'm using an extended CFileDialog (provides Win2k dialog support) and all is working fine, but I had one minor tweak question. If I have the files: c:\temp\test.xml c:\temp\test.txt And I specify that the dialog is only looking for .xml files, when a user types into the file name field "test", the auto-complete dropdown lists suggests both possibilities. I'd like for it only to suggest the .xml file since that's what the dialog's filter is set to. This works in Office 2000, but with any other app that uses the dialog, you'll get the multiple "incorrect&quo...

OWA and multiple Exchange Servers
Hi, I'll first sketch my situation: 3 Exchange-servers (exch1,2 and 3), all in the same domain but on differtent locations. Local Domain Name is clientname.local. On one of the servers OWA is configured. Problem: I want all users to use exch1 as their OWA server, regardless of on wich server they actually have their mailbox. It works fine now for users on exch1.clientname.local (wich also has an external DSN entry on the internet (https://companyname.nl/exchange)), but as soon as users that exist on any of the other servers try to log in they get redirect to eg. http://exch2.clientname....

error 8331
This is what the event log saids: Source: MSExchangeAL Category: Address List Synchronization error: 8331 The service threw an unexpected exception which was caught at f:\titanium\dsa\src\lra\abv_dg\lservagent.cpp(4511) Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q821908 -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Loi" <duong@osborne-eng.com> wrote in message news:0ca601c3df85$be8d1fb0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > This is what the event log saids: > Source: MSExchangeAL > Category: Add...

Unique Word List
Hi. I am using Excel 2003, and I am very new to the program, so if you know the answer to my question, please explain everything in very simple English. I have about 25 sheets that contains various columns. I want to make a word list (one row for each word) for the words that appear in column B in all the sheets, then copy and paste this list into another sheet. Does anyone know how this can be done? Do I have to do each sheet separately, and then alphabetize the resulting lists? Rebecca To get the words from column B on each sheet into one master sheet will require manual or code...

sorting/filtering a list into columns
Hi, I'm nearing the end of a project (an email game) and i would like to have the sheet keep scores. So far, I have 2,3,4 players and these are represented by columns B,C or B,C,D or B,C,D,E. (depending on which you select.) Player 1 takes their turn for example, clicks a button and the sheet is saved and sent to the other players. This also inputs the score into Column G: with a 1 next to it. Player 2 takes their turn, this score is also placed in column G: beneath player 1's and a 2 next to it as below: (if there are 3 players column E reads 123, 123 etc.) E G 1 23 2 1...

Cell Validation Based On Multiple Lists
Hi Folks I want to validate the data input in a given cell based on 3 separat lists. I am trying to get a dropdown box to show all items in the lists as 1 amalgamated list. How do I do this (Excel 2003) Cheer -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com There's a sample file on my web site that combines three lists into one: http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html Under Data Validation, look for 'Combine Multiple Lists into One' fatdaz < wrote: > I want to validate the data input in a given cell based on 3 separate > lists. I am trying to get a dropdown ...

IE 6 freezing using OWA and messages with embedded graphics
We have a strange problem, hoping someone has seen this or has ideas. Exchange 2003 SP2 clustered back-end (4 active, 1 passive). NLB front end. IE 6 on XP is freezing for about 3-5 minutes on certain messages with embedded graphics, and then they display minus the graphics. IE7 beta works fine. IE6 running on Win2k3 works fine. If we go straight to the back-end server for OWA it works fine. The problem happens with or without SSL. No problem with MAPI clients. It's hard to tell if we are debugging an IE problem or an Exchange problem. Any ideas? -GT ...

Contacts List #4
Could you please tell me how to change the "default" contacts list from Global to contacts? When clicking the "to" button, the address book seems to want to look in global contacts, when I would like to it just display the contacts. Using Outlook 2003. Thank you for your help. Open your Address Book (Ctrl+Shift+B) and select Tools->Options. Set your order for which contacts folder you use first there. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ALWAYS post your Outlook version! Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://su...

Sorting a list of names from A to Z on Excel
Version: 2008 I'm trying to create a large list of names and addresses on excel and after done sort them from A to Z. I'm putting the last name first with the address indented below it then tried to sort from A to Z and nothing stayed together. can someone help me with this matter? Dennis No offense, but that is *not* the way to construct such a list :-) Follow the instructions here to construct your 'database' of records which you can then Sort & Filter as necessary whenever you want. However, if you intend to *print* the information (what you describe sounds...

Memory errors on Multiple *.pst
Dear All: The memory error with Multiple pst is related to the registry. However, I can't find the "pst" in that registry. Any other suggestion on how to edit the registry to complete the hotfix as recommended?? Best Regards John A Hansen Memory errors on multiple pst useage Some additional info from the KB files: 907651 Alternatively, you receive the following error message when you try to add these .pst files to your e-mail profile by using the Create or Open Outlook Data File dialog box in Outlook 2003: "Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or progr...

Exchange Archive path
Hello, Is there global setting in Exchange Server 2003, where I can centrally control and specify Archive folder for all users? (rather then specifying manually in Outlook) I don't want to create a romaing profile for this. Thanks. MC On Fri, 9 Jun 2006 14:03:08 -0400, "MC" <webmaster@ozoptics.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Is there global setting in Exchange Server 2003, where I can centrally >control and specify Archive folder for all users? >(rather then specifying manually in Outlook) >I don't want to create a romaing profile for this. >Thanks. &...

Auto Complete
I have a user that has the auto complete flag set but when he restarts his machine he has to start all over. Nothing is retained from the day before. I've looked everywhere I know to look. Any ideas? Steve You have? Search this group then. This problem has been posted countless times. It usually means a corrupt Outlook profile. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "GSP@DCS" <info@dcs.com> wrote in message news:2d836$45184a6c$d1a8fa82$5760@EDELTACOM.COM... >I have a user that has the auto complete flag set but when he restarts his >machine he has to start all ove...

Outlook 2007 can't connect to exchange server through VPN
I have Outlook 2007 and Exchange 2003. When I am on the same LAN as the exchange server i have no issues connecting through Outlook to my exchange account. When i connect from home or on the road through the VPN client it fails to connect to the exchange server. I can ping the exchange server with no issue (i have an entry in the hosts file for the exchange server), and i can connect to all other network resources through the VPN. I can also successfully resolve the exchange account through the Outlook properties/Email accounts. When i start Outlook it waits about 2 mins and then tells me...

Delimited List
I'm creating a document that has several drop down boxes. all are going good but one. After i validate and good to check the list. A box pops up and says. "The list source must be a delimited list, or reference to single row or column". The list i have is on another worksheet in the same workbook. The list is named ADDRESSES. Can anyone help? Recheck your data validation range In the "Source" box, it should read as: =ADDRESSES Amend as required > OK -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:19,000 Files:362 Subscribers:61 xdemechanik --- ...

Out of office message
Does anyone know how to set/do an out of the office message for your email? Can you do this or not? I have tried everything and can not get it. Any help would be great. If you do this, you will have to leave your computer on 24/7, be connected to the Internet, and have your e-mail program open. If you want do this anyway, the link below will explain how to do it. One thing I would suggest is that where it says to create a rule and check For All Messages, you change it and make the rule for people in your address book only. Otherwise you will be replying to Spam as well and c...

Recently used file list. It is set for 9, but the list seems to be cleared
I followed the Help instructions. Tools/Options/General to set the length of the displayed list. I found that it was already set to 9 entries. However, in the File pulldown, the list is not displayed. I created a dummy test XLS, and indeed it is in the list, but nothing previously created. What might be clearing this list? Don't know if applies to Office 2007 but here's one guess........ For Office 2002 and 2003............ Are you running TweakUI? If so, you may have disabled the MRU lists by unchecking "maintain document history list" under the TweakUI Expl...

PCL XL error
When printing emails (one user only) from Outlook (only), job prints ok then extra sheet appears with message: PCL XL error Warning: illegalmediasource Can find no reference to this. ...

Completely Stumped
Some kind souls help is requested to make my worksheet more user friendly: 1) When data is filled in across cell range B14 � R14 and I then press �enter�.... a new row is automatically inserted either above or below. 2) The new row would retain the formulas in the cells just copied, but none of the calculations or text. I am using using the following code: Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) Dim lastrow As Long lastrow = Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row Rows(lastrow).AutoFill Rows(lastrow).Resize(2), xlFillDefault Rows...

Update from Money 2004 to 2006 Communication Error
FOllowing a sucessful update from Money 2004 to 2006, I receive the following message when I try to download bank information: A communication error occurred. Please try your call again. If you continue to have problems call your financial institution's Online Services Customer Support. Please help. In microsoft.public.money, Robbroy wrote: >FOllowing a sucessful update from Money 2004 to 2006, I receive the following >message when I try to download bank information: > >A communication error occurred. Please try your call again. If you continue >to have problems ca...

Error: Can't clean up the following tables: Subject.
We are constantly receiving this error on our CRM server, can someone explain what is causing this and how to fix it. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMDeletionService Event Category: None Event ID: 5895 Date: 6/22/2004 Time: 1:54:43 PM User: N/A Computer: SERVER2 Description: Error: Can't clean up the following tables: Subject. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. this is like the one that comes up around activities. Perhaps someone has tried to delete a subject but then the subject has been used by another record ie ...