Compatablility of Exchange 5.5 with Server 2003

Is it true that Exchange 5.5 / 2000 are NOT compatable
with Server 2003?
0
anonymous (74723)

"Waxxie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is it true that Exchange 5.5 / 2000 are NOT compatable
>with Server 2003?

Yes.

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org
mark7219 (5666)
12/23/2003 7:17:15 PM
Then how can you upgrade...

0
anonymous (74723)
12/23/2003 7:31:21 PM
Upgrade to what? There is no direct upgrade path for 5.5 to 2003. So you
need a second server.

--
Martin Blackstone
MVP - Exchange

http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm
> Then how can you upgrade...

0
martinb (199)

Exchange 2000 FE / Exchange 2003 BE
Is it possible to use an Exchange 2000 Server on the front end and an Exchange 2003 Server on the back end? We just upgraded from exchange 2000 to 2003 and I am having trouble getting approval to purchase another copy of Exchange 2003 for our front end server. Since we already have a license for Exchange 2000, it would be ideal if we could use it as the front end server. On 11 Apr 2007 10:46:05 -0700, chrisashcraft@gmail.com wrote: >Is it possible to use an Exchange 2000 Server on the front end and an >Exchange 2003 Server on the back end? We just upgraded from exchange >2000 to 20...

Terminal Server Install Problem
I'm having a problem getting the terminstall.cmd script to successfully install. Anyone have any ideas? Here's the termserver install log and crm install log. Despite the error reported, I can assure you that Outlook is installed and configured, working fine. It has run succesfully for several othe rusers. The user in question has it installed on his workstation but when he's at home he needs TS. Thanks, Will ============== Starting CRM For Outlook TS Configurator Thu 08/17/2006 10:33 AM ================== ********************************* Creating the MSCRMClient reg ...

Outlook 2003 & Multiple Accounts
Hi - I have just upgraded to 2003 from 2000 (becauase it kept crashing) I have 4 e-mail addresses for different parts of my role and have installed all of them in the email accounts section - however - despite which one I select from the accounts drop down in my e-mail it sends only from the first account. Also a similar issue occured with a collegue of mine trying to use the rules wizard to sort by which account the e-mails came from - as soon as you hit the OK button the "specified account name" defaults back to the first on the list. Any ideas One acct must be the default. W...

eConnect 7.5 Beginner
Hi, i am a beginner in using eConnect to Integrate One Application generating Sales Orders with Great Plains 7.5 using eConnect 7.5. Can some one guide me the Shortest procedure to achive my target. Mainly it is importing the Sales Orders generated from the other application with all the details (Customers, Items, quantities, Recived amounts) to Great Plains. Regards The easiest way is to follow the samples in the documentation in the eConnect install directory. They have a console application that imports sales orders. Would be a good spot for you to start at. John Nader Yousef...

Migration from SBS Exchange to Exchange 2k
Has anyone out there done this? Not yet! I've heard bad rumors that scare the hell out of me! >-----Original Message----- >Has anyone out there done this? >. > I would recommend having a look at the following link http://www.ayrcd.com/sbs_migration.htm >-----Original Message----- >Has anyone out there done this? >. > Thank you, this is very helpful >-----Original Message----- >I would recommend having a look at the following link > >http://www.ayrcd.com/sbs_migration.htm > > >>-----Original Message----- >>Has anyone out there do...

Exchange 2003 sp2 IMF
Hi, I have a problem with IMF on my exchange 2003 sp2 server. Every time I restart the server all settings under IMF gets back to default settings. I want to block (archive) messages with SCL greater than 7 and move messages with SCL greater than 5 to junk folder. And it works except that I have to make the settings every time I restart the server. Why? ...

Cannot uninstall Exchange IMF
I'm trying to uninstall the Exchange IMF before installing Exchange 2003 SP2. However, part-way through the uninstall process I get a message stating "Fatal error during installation" and the IMF doesn't get uninstalled. Trying to install SP2 tells me that I have to remove the IMF first, and it won't let me proceed otherwise - if I choose "upgrade" in the dropdown box then it tells me that I must remove the IMF first. But I can't! Any suggestions?! Thanks, Richard. On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 10:42:14 GMT, Richard <richard@news.postalias> wrote: >I...

Exchange/Outlook 2003
Hello, As a growing company, we're now dealing with the 16GB limit on the Exchange Info Store for SBS2003. In an effort to make sure we never reach that, I'm looking to setup a GPO to give everyone consistent AutoArchive settings as well as a common location for the PST file. I have already downloaded the Office Administrative Templates for Outlook 2003, so I already have found the settings I want to modify and have made the changes, I just haven't made them live on the domain yet. My thoughts to date: * create two GPOs, one for the PST location, one for the autoarchive sett...

Your mailbox has been temporarily moved on Microsoft Exchange Server
I'm getting new error messages from my hotmail accounts on MS Outlook 2007 - Your mailbox has been temporarily moved on Microsoft Exchange Server. A temporary mailbox exists but might not have all of your previous data. You can connect to a temporary mailbox or work offline with all of your old data. If you choose to work with your old data, you cannot send or receive e-mail messages. Use temporary mailbox Use Old Data Cancel I don't have any exchange server accounts under this profile - just hotmail. I tried deleting the profile and cr...

SMTP Service hangs on Ex2K3 on 2K Server
I've recently started having the smtp service hangin and mail piling up in the queue without any apparent reason. Box is 2K server with Ex 2003. There are no events in the event log at the times this happens. Any thoughts as to where to start looking? Any local AV clients with port filter rules enabled? Or local firewall software? Is there any pattern to the service hanging, eg time? Nue "Lew Berry" <LewBerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3771C379-7B42-46BF-BF94-B3C819345195@microsoft.com... > I've recently started having the smtp service h...

Exchange Cluster Inplace Upgrade
I have to to upgrade an exchange 2000 cluster to exchange 2003 soon. MSDTC is installed in the default Cluster Group (where the Quroum Disk resides). Do I have to move the MSDTC resource to another dedicated cluster group before upgrading to exchange 2003 and windows 2003 ? If yes, what is the right procedure to do this ? Thanks MC ...

Rename or Exchange Names
Hi! What is the proper way of renaming a computer in windows 2003 Domain and also changing an old pc with a new one? Hello create_share, Just rename the computer connected to the domain, nothing special. You need to use an account that is able to change the name in AD so at least domain admin. Please define the old OS and new OS where you like to change between, is there a need for applications to run on the new one as on the old machine? Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** ...

Remove Exchange 5.5 from Exchange 2003 org
Dear All, I have a problems here, our company have move from exchange 5.5 to 2003 in the last year. but the exchange 5.5 instance still exist in the exchange server manager after the move is complete. now the 5.5 has been complete removed (formatted). and the Domain has been raised to 2003 native. Is there any method I can remove it from the org. our company have a 2003 act as a DC with all FSMO and another 2003 as an Exchange 2003 (which is also a DC). Also, I am planning to move the Exchange to new hardware, I plan to install a new copy of Windows 2003 and exchange 2003 on it to join...

Quattro Pro Converter #5
Does anyone know where.how to get a converter from Quattro Pro 5.00 to Microsoft Excell 2002? Thank You, Bob Runkel P.O. Box 2826 Monterey, CA 93942-1816 Email: brunkel@acm.org (This is just a test to see if I can send from Free Agent, sorry) ...

"Microsoft Exchange Server is Unavailable" Help!!!
I just loaded my version of Outlook 2003. When I attempted to open the program for the first time, it gave me the message "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is Unavailable" I can't get into the program to fix the settings. I tried to reinstall it, and it still gives me the same message. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Thanks in advance for your help! -- Jeff Jeff <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just loaded my version of Outlook 2003. When I attempted to open > the program for the first time, it gave me the message "...

Best partition set for Exchange 2003
I presently have 3 partitions setup on my W2K server with Exchange 2003 In the near future I am going to add another exchange, move everything over to the new one and get rid of the old exchange server. Question I have is do I keep using 3 partitions or is it best to set my partitions some other way. Any feedback will be appreciated. Thank you. http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Art-Science-Sizing-Exchange-2003-Part2.html have a look at the above article simon "Volodymyr" <vg@aspenview.org> wrote in message news:D405E32A-BE7A-4C39-9259-05649B943C9F@microsoft.com... &...

Automating a worksheet in Excel 2003
I have a lengthy worksheet that requires one numerical input on A1 and produces one numerical output on F30. I want to apply this process to a column of input data located on, say M1 ..... M20 and to achieve related outputs on N1....N20 Is there a simple process to do this? I assume the formula in F30 includes a reference to cell A1. All you would need to do is; 1. First change the relative A1 reference in cell F30 to absolute($A$1). 2. Then copy and paste cell F30 to cells N1....N20. 3. Then edit the formulas in cells N1....N20. Change "$A$1" to "$M$1" and ...

Exchange to Exchange 2003 replication
We have 2 orgs with AD and Exchange 2003 installed. Before we migrate one into the other, i need to replicated the GAL's We also had 2 NT4 and 5.5 domains which we replicated using the ADC. However this doesnt appear to be an option, ie it doesnt work for 2003 to 2003. Is there away to replicate either one way or 2 way between the 2 org's? We faffed around with MIIS but for a temp solution i dont want to rebuild a server for MIIS. Cheers GALSync in MIIS Feature Pack Rod Fournier has step-by-step instructions on his blog http://msmvps.com/clustering/archive/2004/10/06/15141.aspx ...

Back Office 4.5 & Exchange 5.5 Server migration to Win 2003 & Exchange 2003 Server
Hello, Is it possible to migrate a Back Office & Exchange 5.5 server to Win2k3 & Exchange 2003 and keep our NT 4.0 Domain enviroment. ==================== This is what we have: Winnt 4.0 PDC Winnt 4.0 BDC Back Office 4.5 w/ Exchange 5.5 (we want to eliminate this machine!!!) ===================== We have a seperate Win2k3 machine ready but not joined to the domain yet. Do we have to upgrade our Winnt 4.0 PDC aswell to Win2k3 or will our new Win2k3 w/ Exchange 2k3 fit in well in the NT 4.0 domain? What options & steps would be best to migrate? Thanks ahead of time, -Rene Enriq...

GP 9.0 move to new server
Currently we have GP 9.0 server software running on one server and SQL 2000 64 bit running on another. We need to load just the GP server software portion to another server, and leave the SQL database where its at on its current server. Can anyone point to a KB article, documentation or perhaps explain whats necessary to accomplish just a GP server software move or reinstall? Scott, If you are leaving SQL and the databases on the same server as they are now, all you need to do is reload Dynamics on the new server. Be sure you select a server client install during the process. Then...

NT4 and exchange 5.5 running on AD Native mode ?
we want to switch to native mode on AD is there a problem if you have still some exchange 5.5 running on NT4 and other servers on exchange 2003 running on windows 2003. then switching to native Active directory? thanks is nayone doing it? ...

Time keeping systems and Project Server 2007
Can anyone suggest the best way to import actual hours from a existing time keeping system? This is my first Project Server deployment, and it has been smooth so far. I would greatly appreciate advice and/or experience in this area. Thanks, and happy new year D.L. Pruett Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice ASP.NET Production Exception Logging for Dummies http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/9bd9164a-8af4-4951-9f1b-e188b80f5c7c/aspnet-production-except.aspx It all depends upon if you want to kept timephased days/hours without any changes or...

Exchange Server in wrong OU
Hello Our previous network admin migrated our Exchange 2003 Server to new hardware, but failed to place the new Exchaneg server in the proper OU in ADUC. Because of this, security policies in ADUC for our network server are not being applied to this server, it currently resides in the built in Computers OU. We would like to move this server to the correct OU. What will this affect? Can this server simply be moved or will it be necssary to make additional changes? Thank you, Mark Clark You can move the Exchange server to the correct OU but you have to restart the exchange services a...

Exchange 5.5 to Exchange Server 2003
I've looked through quite a few posts here, read a lot of things and still I am not 100% of the best way to go about this scenario. One EX 5.5 server at SP3 on W2K SP3, single AD domain in the forest. Whats the best method to get from this to Exchange Server 2003 on Windows Server 2003? Is is to install Exchange Server 2003 on the Windows Server 2003 box, create a new Exchange Server 2003 organization and then use the Migration Wizard? Or is it soemthing else? TIA I would recommend this procedure, http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Migrating_Exchange_5_5_to_2003.html -- John Ol...

Upgrade Windows 2000 domain and Exchange 2000 to Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003
Hi, Our current settings is the following: 2 x DC running W2K. One also runs DHCP server and the other one runs DNS Exchange 2000 Back-end installed on one of the DC Exchange 2000 Front-end installed on a standalone W2K server on DMZ We would like to upgrade to a W2K3 domain and Exchange 2003. All the hardware will be replaced. This time, we will have 2 servers dedicated to DC roles and Exchange 2003 will be installed on a standalone W2K3 server. What would be the best steps to allow a smooth upgrade, as transparent to the users as possible and with the minimum risks for me! I was think...