Comparison b/w Exchange 5.5 and 2003

Hi all,

Any document that has the features comparison b/w Exchange 5.5 and 2003?
Basically, I want to push our Management to upgrade to Exchange 2003
(Clustered preferably).

TIA.

,Sur

0
nospam7515 (2084)

Here you go:

http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/features/ex_compare.mspx

Not many blue dots in the 5.5 column.  :)

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links, and tips, check:
http://www.msexchangeblog.com

"Sur" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Any document that has the features comparison b/w Exchange 5.5 and 2003?
> Basically, I want to push our Management to upgrade to Exchange 2003
> (Clustered preferably).
>
> TIA.
>

> ,Sur

0
neil.hobson (1158)
3/3/2005 12:06:12 PM
Hi,

More information here:

http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/benefits.mspx

If the info is still not enough, please tell us what you'd prefer and want
them in detail, so we could provide further assistance.

Meanwhile, we would like to introduce you to the CSS Advisory Services
team.  Advisory Services is a remotely delivered, hourly fee-based,
consultative support option that provides a comprehensive result beyond
your break-fix product maintenance needs. You may obtain the detail
information and efficient assistance about how to deploy, optimize and
secure your company E-mail system.

For more info in the US and Canada:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=AdvisoryService

Outside of the US/Canada:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx

Hope the information helps.

Regards,

Pat Cai
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada. This and
other support options are available here:

BCPS:
https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469
Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/

Support page:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.

v-patcai (151)

Database comparison
I have a front-end mde where data is imported from the back-end. Reason being, it is meant for reporting only. Is possible to check and compare the front-end to the back-end to see whether data is up to date? Why not save yourself the trouble and just link to the backend? -- Jack Leach www.tristatemachine.com "I haven''t failed, I''ve found ten thousand ways that don''t work." -Thomas Edison (1847-1931) "tsluu" wrote: > I have a front-end mde where data is imported from the back-end. Reason > being, it is meant fo...

Exchange did not deliver mail
Hello My exchange server 2003 did not deliver mail to any other site of exchange 2003 server it stuck in routing group queue and then unreachable queue, but if I log off from this exchange server then delivery woriking fine, some time I have to restart the server as well. nagori Anything relevant in App or Sys Event logs on the server? You are not VPNing somewhere when logged in, aren't you? Managori wrote: > Hello > > My exchange server 2003 did not deliver mail to any other site of exchange > 2003 server it stuck in routing group queue and then unreachable queue, but...

problem w/econnect with extended pricing
Trying to create a quote via econnect. Have a latest service packs and valid pricing setup with extended pricing. It looks like I need to add something here so "@QuantityFrom" gets filled in but I do not know what that would be Unique MessageId = Line Number=6460 Version=8.0.0.0 Error Source = Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL ServerError Number = -2147217904 Error Description = Procedure 'sopExtPricingGetPrice' expects parameter '@QuantityFrom', which was not supplied. Node Sequence Number = 0 Document Node: <taSopLineIvcInsert> <!-- Sales Order Qu...

Exchange Mobile Messaging and Outlook Rules
Before we upgraded to SP2 for Exchange, my mailbox had several rules to organize my incoming email by sender, subject, etc. Once, we upgraded and I setup my Treo 700w to sync with Exchange, I noticed that only emails which went in to my Inbox were being forwarded to my handheld. I've since decommissioned all of these rules in favor of receiving all email to my handheld, but now I have created a lot more work sorting my mail. Has anyone used Mobile Messaging in conjunction with rules in Outlook which sort mail? Does anyone have any tips on how I can better sort my mail automati...

Outlook 2003 calendaring problem, cached mode with 2 mailboxes
Two mailboxes in cached mode. First box: personal mailbox. Secondary box: Functional mailbox User has full acces on secondary box. User accepts meeting request in secondary mailbox calendar. He is not an attendee but the meeting shows up in his personal calendar(first box) and in the secondary (functional box). -- Marcel How does this user have access to the second mailbox? Opened in his profile? Opened as an additional mailbox? What permissions does he have on the secondary mailbox? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussi...

Date Month comparison in Excel
Hi, If I have Feb or February in cell A1 and Mar or March in A2, or any tw months or dates at 2 different cells, how can I compare that Februar 2004 comes before March 2004 and February 2005 comes after March 2004 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if you have real dates in both cells simply use =IF(A1>A2,"A1 is after A2","A1 is not after A2") >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >If I have Feb or February in cell A1 and Mar or March in A2, or any two >months or dates at 2 different cells, how can I compare that February >2004 come...

Printing on 5.5" X 8.5" card stock
All the card templates I've seen are set up to print on 8.5" X 11" paper. I want to make my cards on 5.5" X 8.5" card stock and am having no end of difficulty getting the Page Setup and Printer settings so that what I see on the screen and in Print Preview is what comes out on the page. Invariably, I'll set it up correctly on the screen, with the text box centered in the bottom half of the front. When I print it, however, the text box runs off the page to the lower right corner. Thanks for the help! You need to setup your printer for a custom size. Ar...

No transport provider
We have an old domain "admin" that the admins (suprise) use. It has an old nt4 machine running Exchange 5.5. As of this morning, none of the users (5 of them) can send any email. Outlook 2000 and 2003, windows 2000 and xp pro. We have 2 accounts setup, "Internet Email" which uses our internet Imail server, and "Microsoft Exchange Server." This config. has been in place for several years now. The exact error is: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: anothermessage Sent: 1/25/2005 12:17 AM The following recip...

Exchange Security/Hotfix State
Hi All, I was wondering is there a way to check the hotfix/rollup state of the Exchange Server. I know I can use Baseline security Analyzer and Add/Remove Programs to check windows updates but is there a way (as in SQL Server) to determine what level of patching the Exchange Server is at ? Under ExchangeAdmin/Servers/Servername I get a version of Version 6.0 Build 6249.4 Service pack 3. This is despite the fact that I have installed Update Rollup for Exchange 2000 (KB870540). The version should now be 6396.1 , I thought. Neither does KB870540 appear in Add/Remove programs. Is the...

Switching from Zimbra to Exchange
The company I'm working for is using a product called ZIMBRA, I am told the product comes from Yahoo. I would like to switch all 500 accounts over to Exchange. Does MS have import/conversion tools I can test out ? Where? Thanks Much. *$ aa#2290 Nothing native to Exchange but you can look at Microsoft Transporter Suite but not sure what it will export/import. Other option is to get all your 500 accounts to PST files and import them using Exmerge.exe or import-mailbox cmdlet depending on version of Exchange. You did not say what version of Exchange? http://www.mi...

message size limit #5
Environment: Win2k Server/ Exchange Server 2k Quick question: When you change message size limits on the Exchange server, do the Exchange services need to be restarted for the change to take effect? Thanks. Peter No, once you apply it, the settings are in effect. Peter wrote: > Environment: Win2k Server/ Exchange Server 2k > > Quick question: When you change message size limits on the Exchange server, > do the Exchange services need to be restarted for the change to take effect? > > Thanks. > > Peter > ...

Outlook 2003 & Exchange 2000 Server
I have upgraded from Office XP to Office 2003 and all appeared to go well but now Outlook will not connect to the Exchange server. Reports error in conf for RPC. OWA stills works fine. Also when I try to add Exchange Server it reports that the server is not online, but it is. I have review everything on MS site but have found nothing that deals with this issue. do you have these keys? [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Rpc\ClientProtocols] "ncacn_np"="rpcrt4.dll" "ncacn_ip_tcp"="rpcrt4.dll" "ncadg_ip_udp"="rpcrt4.dll" "...

Exchange 2003 Mailbox Quota
Hello, Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003 systems. I had a user with 1MB of mail. Her mailbox size limit is 50MB. She had 80MB in "Recover Deleted Items"...nothing in "Deleted Items" container. And she received the message, "You are approaching your mailbox size limit." Does the "Recover Deleted Items" container really impact the mailbox size? Is there any documentation supporting this? Thanks, Exchange2003 On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 11:11:05 -0700, Exchange2003 <Exchange2003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Outlook 2003 and Ex...

formula for comparison
I have a spreadsheet that needs a formula for looking up a name of a fund in one column (A) then if found in that column equal column B. Can anyone help? Try VLOOKUP... =VLOOKUP("FundName",$A$1:$B$100,2,0) Adjust the range accordingly. Hope this helps! In article <72D7145C-866E-4C8E-A880-F9BD6F99605A@microsoft.com>, "sweetsue516" <sweetsue516@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a spreadsheet that needs a formula for looking up a name of a fund in > one column (A) then if found in that column equal column B. > > Can anyone help? Won...

Sendmail and Exchange
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0112_01C64D8B.B9388600 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Forgive my naivity, but can anyone enlighten me whether Exchange uses = the same sendmail component as the security vulnerability described = below? --------------- Sendmail MTA Security Vulnerability=20 March 22, 2006=20 HTML version of this advisory is available at=20 http://www.sendmail.com/company/advisory/index.shtml=20 I. Overview=20 ...

Exchange 2003...Queues...Find Messages...icons?
I regularily view messages that have been in the queue on Exchange 2003. If I select one of the domains of the messages in the queue and do a find messages I get a window with the various messages. The messages will have an icon beside them that varies. I am unable to find any documentation to describe the significance of the various icons under sender. Here are a few that I have seen: 1) A normal envelope 2) An envelope with a red circle around a red square in the lower right corner 3) no icon Anyone now where I can find a description of these and there significance? TIA R...

Excel 2003 hangs calculating cells from a Excel XP created Document
I have an excel document that was created in Excel XP, and it opens fine in Excel XP. When I try to open it in Excel 2003, it tries to go thru 'calculating cells'. It hangs at 5% on a mid range laptop and 25% on a high end desktop. Is there a fomula converter or something I cna run on the file to get it to open in Excel 2003? James Bates Excel 2002 and 2003 use the same file format so it's not an issue of converting formulas. Rather it would seem to be something it 2003's configuration. In your place I'd see what happens when the workbook is opened in a 'pure...

Field by Field Comparison
I have two tables with the exact same column names. I want to do a field by field comparison of the two tables. If one letter or number is off in any field, I would like for the whole record to show up in my query. I can only figure out how to show records which are equal. I would like to show records which are not equal. Is there a query criteria or something where I can perform this? Thanks. Do a UNION query. Create a query that lists all the field in one table. Then open that query in SQL view. At the end of the SQL, delete the semicolon ";". At the...

=?Utf-8?B?5oCl5ZWP?=
請教一下如果有下列資� 工作表1 工作表 A B A 1 光復 100 1 台� 2台中 220 2 高� 3 台南 200 3 南� 4台中 300 4 台� 5台東 20 6台北 50 請問如何將工作表1所計算出來的資料能自動的填到工作表所對應的縣市中,要能自己判斷,而不是用B1=工作表1!B2的方式,因為這樣還是要用人工的方式,感謝各位� ...

exchange without AD
Hello, Is it possible to have Exchange working without AD? Best Regards Dariusz Tomon -- Mazars & Gu�rard Audyt Sp. z o. o. Z siedziba w Warszawie Ul. Foksal 16, 00-372 Warszawa - Polska Tel: 00 48 (0) 22 34 55 200, 22 826 46 30 Fax: 00 48 (22) 826 51 34 main@mazars.pl, www.mazars.pl Sp�lka zarejestrowana pod nr KRS 0000086577 w Sadzie Rejonowym dla M. St. Warszawy, XII Wydzial Gospodarczy KRS Kapital zakladowy: 1 268 000,00 PLN, NIP: 526-021-54-09, Konto w banku Soci�t� G�n�rale: 71184000072210007008101219 ***************************************************************************...

Rules not working #5
We recently upgraded to exchange 2003 using exmerge. Once our upgrade was completed my rules didn't work. I deleted and recreated them but still they don't run. They are all server side rules and it doesn't seem to matter what computer I'm on or how I've installed Outlook. I can run the rules manually (go in to rules and choose run now) and they do run. I'm using Outlook 2003 (that is included in Office). Any help anyone could provide would be appreciated. Dave Russell ...

BlackBerry And Exchange 2007
Are there any updates that need to be installed on the exchange server to make this function? Thanks! On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 14:33:12 -0800, D303M <D303M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Are there any updates that need to be installed on the exchange server to >make this function? > >Thanks! http://www.blackberry.com/select/exchange2007/ ...

Re: Rich Text Field w/ Access 2003
"e;o" <A@gmail.com> wrote in message news:... > > "e;o" <A@gmail.com> wrote in message > news:ed$wff1jHHA.680@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >> >> "Neil" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message >> news:kK2%h.2624$RX.941@newssvr11.news.prodigy.net... >>>I need to implement a rich text box in an MDB file for a user base that >>>consists of Access 2000 and Access 2002. Unfortunately, I'm using Access >>>2003 on my development machine. My understanding is that because of >>>security issue...

Is there a way to keep Exchange and CRM contact data in sync?
I am fairly new to CRM. I can see that I can import Exchange contact data into CRM, but is there a way to just use an exchange public folder contact list for both Exchange and CRM, or some other way to insure that Exchange and CRM changes to contacts are automatically replicated between the two systems? Bill Walter ...

Exchange version
How do I find out what version of exchange I am running. WE have small business server 2000 with exchange running on it. I went into exchange manager and clicked on help about and it comes up with microsoft management console with no reference to exchange. Please help If you're running SBS2000, you're using Exchange 2000. paploo wrote: > How do I find out what version of exchange I am running. WE have > small business server 2000 with exchange running on it. I went into > exchange manager and clicked on help about and it comes up with > microsoft management console with n...