communication failure

I am receiving a Microsoft exchange directory ID: no:
DS_E_COMMUNICATIONS_PROBLEM when trying to open an inbox.
-1

Make sure the Exchange services are started.
-1
anonymous (74719)

How to realize communication problem?
Hello everybody. I am working on a project in which I read/write data via rs-232 from/to my Windows application to/from an microcontroller. Now, my boss wants me to write a library which he can use for different microcontrollers. This library should store any changes of data. So the desired microcontroller should just be able to pick up the data. You can think of it this way: Me, representing the Windows application, put a sheet of information into a drawer. A buddy of mine, (representing a microcontroller) can go to the drawer an pick up the sheet for further treatment. So, my quest...

Outlook Failure notice 'doen't accept non-western character sets'
I get a failure notice when emailing certain people with Outlook. "The user does not accept email in non-Western (non-Latin) character sets" Do I have something set wrong in Outlook? This does not happen with my older Outlook Express or my web based email. Please help! thank you. Recheck your View, Encoding in the message. "Pensacola Mike" wrote: > I get a failure notice when emailing certain people with Outlook. "The user > does not accept email in non-Western (non-Latin) character sets" > > Do I have something set wrong in Outlook? ...

Slow or no communication at all
Hello all. Since I'm new around here, please let me know if this is the right place to post this. I've been checking these forums for a long time now, but fortunately I always found what I was looking for and never had the need to post. For that, I want to thank you all for the tremendous work (and help) everyone participating here have been given throughout these years. The problem that brings me here today, relates not entirely to the SBS 2003. What happens is that we have several MAC OS machines connecting to several shares in a SBS 2003. Everything was ok untill one o...

R3 build failure -atlsd
When I install R3, I cannot build even a simple emulator project. I get the following error at the end of build.log: TARGETNAME: jscript makefile.def: Including C:\WINCE600\public\common\oak\misc\sources.ReleaseType_OAK NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make 'C:\WINCE600\OSDesigns\Testce\Testce\Wince600\DeviceEmulator_ARMV4I\cesysgen\oak\lib\ARMV4I\debug\atlsd.lib' Stop. Anyone else seeing this? Any clue how to fix it? I do not know if it was this exact error but I also got lots of build errors after installing R3. I dropped back and punted ... not rea...

Database backup failure
SQL Server 2008 SP1 2734. We have a database that has the data and log file extensions are different. Data file has the .DAT extension and log file has the .LOG extension (Don't even ask who named them like that). Also, the database is in simple mode and set to AUTO CLOSE. The backup failed for this database last night thorowing the error "The log for database 'MYDB P&T' is not available. Check the event log for related error messages. Resolve any errors and restart the database. (Yes the & in the database name and again don't ask why. You wil...

How to communicate between threads?
Hi, there I used "AfxBeginThread()" to run a background working thread, while keeping the displaying thread. Because I got many file names in working thread, I want to show them in the displaying thread. How to get those CStringArray pointer from working thread? Thanks Gary On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 09:31:07 -0700, "Gary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, there, > >I used "AfxBeginThread()" to run a background working thread, while keeping the displaying thread. Because I got many file names in working thread, I want to show them i...

URGENT: Outlook 2003 / Exchange 2003 SP1 communication ports.
Hi, If anyone could help me with this I would be more than grateful. We have moved our Exchange Server to a DMZ with public address space, we are trying to connect Outlook 2003 clients to the server from our private address space. The routing is all set up correctly as we can ping both ways which leads me to believe it's a port problem, i.e. I haven't opened enough up. I've searched TechNet for the relevant documents and have made the needed changes where necessary. I have set a high static port in the registry on the exchange server and our domain controllers for RPC AD re...

Communicating
Hello! I am writning a program that will communicate with a server (Linux) using RS232 or TCP/IP. The server is using the same protocol for both. The protocol is rather 'chatty', so for each command there is a lot of sending and receiving. I have created a test program for the RS232 communication using blocking. It works but the program freezes until the communication is done... So I thinking about using some kind of event driven way. I have looked at Mr. Ramon de Klein's serial classes, and they look very good http://www.codeproject.com/system/serial.asp However I need t...

Service start failure
Our BP server reports an MBF service that fails to start. Event ID 7022 The Microsoft Business Framework queued work item service hung on starting. I've google'd, searched MS Support, customerSource and found no reference to this exact error. Any ideas? Hi Vince, This is a common error. Sometimes the service actually starts after the error appears. As far as I can tell, it's an open issue--we haven't resolved it. The workaround is to start the service manually. Since the service is used to process HRM documents, you don't need to start it unless you're using...

Excel password mechanism failure
I have a 2 PC Home/Biz network. The older PC runs Win XP and the new PC runs Win 7. I have a password protected Excel 2007 document on both systems. (I copied the file from the XP system to the WIN 7 system in January when I installed the WIN 7 system.) I open the file 3-4 times a month on the WIN 7 system. Today I cannot access the WIN 7 stored file using the WIN 7 PC or the XP stored file using the XP PC. On both systems Excel informs me that my password is incorrect . Simply not possible. I wrote the password down and have been regularly using it since Jan 2010. The only thin...

Buisness Portal 3.0: Locking error and Purchase Order Failure erro
I'm new to the company and have landed smack dab in the middle of a GP 7 to 9 upgrade. The company was using eRequisition and must implement Business Portal and is having two errors that haven't been resolved. #1, The selected purchase request is being modified by another user. In order to create this issue all you have to do is open a request and close the browser while the request is in a "being edited" (i.e. save, cancel, approve, etc not pressed) state. Any further attempt to modify the requisition fails withe this error. Is there any way to clear these locks? ...

Firewire communication
Hi guys, I am trying to interact with a camera through firewire. I wrote a code based on the example given in MSDN. When I execute the code it always return the value 1 no matter whether the device is connected or disconnected. Please let me know what went wrong, i couldnt figure out the problem so for. My code is as follows. -------------------------------------- void CFireDlg::OnDeviceNotify() { // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here CString cs; bool bDevInterResult=FALSE; HDEVNOTIFY *hdn=NULL; bDevInterResult = DoRegisterDeviceInterface(GUID_MP1394MI,...

Installatoin failure
I uninstalled Business Contact Manager. I want to reinstall it to give it a try. However, when I go to run setup either direct from the CD or from Install/Uninstall program I get the following error. I retrieved the error from the error that is sent to microsoft. As a side I get an error everytime I open Outlook. I would like to fix this problem also. Loading package metadata: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\Office Setup Controller\Access.en-us\..\Access.en-us\AccessMUI.xml Loading package metadata: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\O...

Microsoft Office 2007 Update Failures
I have now accumulated 5 updates which repeatedly fail. They are: KB983486 - Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Junk Email Filter --------- - Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 2 (SP2) KB967642 - Update for 2007 Microsoft Office System KB951944 - Update for 2007 Microsoft Office System KB951550 - Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 OS (Windows 7) other updates seem to install correctly, as do updates for any drivers. Have tried both auto and manual update installs .... have tried one at a time and all at once ... Nothing seems to correct the situation. Any ideas...

Excel communicating to csharp application
In Excel I need some information that the csharp application holds. What would be the best aproach for this problem. Any help is really appreciated. THANKS ...

communication
My client needs to communicate between two computers. Is there anyway they can share calendars without a server. I think I know the answer and its nuts. The work arounds I have tried do not work efficiently. Can someone steer me in the right direction? I need to share calendars and winfax pro files ? Thanks Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without r...

Exchange CRM Router
I'm trying to add the users using the Rule Deployment Wizard, except I get failures for all users. Details of the Failure: User 'xx' cannot be resolved because Active Directory could not be contacted for domain 'abc' Has anyone seem this before?? Any help would great. Thanks Stuart. hi stuart i have the same problem, do you have a dot in your domain name? "StuartM" wrote: > I'm trying to add the users using the Rule Deployment Wizard, except I get > failures for all users. > Details of the Failure: User 'xx' cannot be resolved becau...

Temporary delivery failures not being retried
I've inherited looking after an Exchange server and am in need of some assistance. Suggestions are most welcome. We will send an email with a large number of recipients (20-30). One receiving mail server is accepting from 3 domains. Only one message got through it. We talked to the admin and this is what they replied: There were indeed three separate copies of the message sent to our e-mail server. That would be because of the different e-mail address types of the recipients. Only one was delivered successfully. The other two were rejected by our e-mail server with a tempor...

HP Boot MGR failed to find os loader--File repair os failure-0x2
I have a 6150 hp that has restart repair failure. Problem event name Signature 01Autofailover Signature 02 6.0.6000.16386.6.6000.16386 Signature 03 0 Signature 04 65537 Signature 05 unknown Signature 06 MissingOsLoader What can be done to correct this problem????????HELP The newsgroup to which you posted is dedicated to supporting the=20 Windows Mail program. You will get more help by posting that issue in the appropriate OS forum: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Micros...

SetSelectionCharFormat specific failure....
Hi, [SUMMARY] SetSelectionCharFormat() fails only when I pass off HANDLE to rich edit to other class, for later for format text, same code works perfectly when used from within same dialog class, in which this rich edit is placed. ENV:" VS Studio 2003, Rich Edit 2.1 in MFC [DETAILS] SetSelectionCharFormat() fails in my case, when I pass off handle to dialog's rich edit control to my other utility class, who is supposed to format the new piece of text after adding to this rich edit control. Text gets added, but this formatting does not work. Surprisingly, same text addon formatti...

Handling Thread communications
I have 2 threads used for serial communications (receive and transmit). I've wrestled with a couple of issues off and on for long time. 1. I currently use a ring buffer for the receive thread to put data in. When data is received, the thread uses PostMessage() to send a message to the application to process the data. This works for the most part except now I have encountered a problem when I display a MessageBox() while processing received data; I get more messages from the thread that seem to interfere with the process. ie the MessageBox displays twice for some reason. When I chang...

Entourage communication issue
My entourage quit communicating last week. Worked fine wednesday, thursday not. I can open entourage, but it won't send or retrieve mail. times out and gives a message that it's a server issue. My wife's works fine. tried installing the latest upgrade from microsoft, still no change. Both our macs have the same email configuration. tried the fixes given in the help section - snding myself an email, restarting entourage, etc, nothing. I'm not a computer genius, and need help. By the way, if i go into windstream via the internet, every thing's normal Thanks,Tj On 7/24...

CreateDialogIndirect()'s silent failure...
Hi, ENV: Visual Studio 2003, MFC-VC++ I have following along with main MFC application project: 1> MFC extension DLL having dialog with its class exported from this DLL - say DLL#2. 2> No collision of resources between this DLL and any other DLL or application resources 3> Said dialog above having a custom control in it which in terms is exported from another DLL - say DLL#1. When I invoke DoModal() it fails to create dialog. Resources are getting loaded very well. There is no debug assertion failure. dwError after CreateDialogIndirect() is zero only. I am wondering what is causi...

Office Communicator- Can you create Chat Rooms within Communicator
I need to cross boarders with a live Chat room. I need to find out how I can initiate a chat room for a group of 50 or 60 people. Can anyone assist me? Can Communicator do this. ...

Money for Imate and Nokia communicator 9300
I want to know if there exists a version of Money for I-mate and Nokia communicator 9300 ...