client operation failed on determining TNEF attachment type

Hi,

We are using Exchange Server 5.5, and have applications written in VB6 and
C# that read and process emails.

We are experiencing intermittent errors similar to

    C# Application

        System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): The client
operation failed. [Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store -
[E_FAIL(80004005)]] at System.RuntimeType.ForwardCallToInvokeMember(String
memberName, BindingFlags flags, Object target, Int32[] aWrapperTypes,
MessageData& msgData) at MAPI.Attachment.get_Type()

    VB Application

        -2147467259 = The client operation failed. [Microsoft Exchange
Server Information Store

The error happens on the determination of the attachment type, as shown in
these code snippets:

    C# Application

        if ((CdoAttachmentType)att.Type ==
MAPI.CdoAttachmentType.CdoEmbeddedMessage)

    VB Application

        If CInt(objMessage.Attachments(j).Type) <> CdoEmbeddedMessage Then

As it is, the fact that there are attachments is recognized, but fails in
determining the attachment types.

Please note that we can open the emails and attachments from Outlook without
any problems.

We noticed that this behavior happens for emails with source containing
something similar to:

    --Boundary_(ID_UMmVtfCC+Dy+KJBXVN6RQg)

Any help you can provide to help us understand the problem and work towards
a solutions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Romel

Romel,

You sand this message to the newsgroup from VBNet and not to C#.

VB6 and VBNet are almost complete different languages and of course
especially the errorcodes. (C# and VBNet are lookalikes and give the same
errorcodes, so maybe you are lucky and somebody recognise that)

However that change is in my opinion small, so why not try it in
microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
and maybe for VB6 (the most active VB6 newsgroup VB6 now)
microsoft.public.vb.generaldiscussions

I hope you find your solution

Cor

"CTDev Team" <CTDev_Team@newsgroup.nospam>

> Hi,
>
> We are using Exchange Server 5.5, and have applications written in VB6 and
> C# that read and process emails.
>
> We are experiencing intermittent errors similar to
>
>     C# Application
>
>         System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): The
client
> operation failed. [Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store -
> [E_FAIL(80004005)]] at System.RuntimeType.ForwardCallToInvokeMember(String
> memberName, BindingFlags flags, Object target, Int32[] aWrapperTypes,
> MessageData& msgData) at MAPI.Attachment.get_Type()
>
>     VB Application
>
>         -2147467259 = The client operation failed. [Microsoft Exchange
> Server Information Store
>
> The error happens on the determination of the attachment type, as shown in
> these code snippets:
>
>     C# Application
>
>         if ((CdoAttachmentType)att.Type ==
> MAPI.CdoAttachmentType.CdoEmbeddedMessage)
>
>     VB Application
>
>         If CInt(objMessage.Attachments(j).Type) <> CdoEmbeddedMessage Then
>
> As it is, the fact that there are attachments is recognized, but fails in
> determining the attachment types.
>
> Please note that we can open the emails and attachments from Outlook
without
> any problems.
>
> We noticed that this behavior happens for emails with source containing
> something similar to:

>     --Boundary_(ID_UMmVtfCC+Dy+KJBXVN6RQg)
>
> Any help you can provide to help us understand the problem and work
towards
> a solutions is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Romel

Hi Cor,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

The same question was originally posted to the just to the csharp group
yesterday, and we decided to post it to the other related groups as well.

As you have suggested though, we are including

    microsoft.public.vb.generaldiscussions

in this post.

Again, many thanks.

regards,
Romel

"Cor Ligthert" <notfirstname@planet.nl> wrote in message
> Romel,
>
> You sand this message to the newsgroup from VBNet and not to C#.
>
> VB6 and VBNet are almost complete different languages and of course
> especially the errorcodes. (C# and VBNet are lookalikes and give the same
> errorcodes, so maybe you are lucky and somebody recognise that)
>
> However that change is in my opinion small, so why not try it in
> microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
> and maybe for VB6 (the most active VB6 newsgroup VB6 now)
> microsoft.public.vb.generaldiscussions
>
> I hope you find your solution
>
> Cor
>
> "CTDev Team" <CTDev_Team@newsgroup.nospam>
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > We are using Exchange Server 5.5, and have applications written in VB6
and
> > C# that read and process emails.
> >
> > We are experiencing intermittent errors similar to
> >
> >     C# Application
> >
> >         System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): The
> client
> > operation failed. [Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store -
> > [E_FAIL(80004005)]] at
System.RuntimeType.ForwardCallToInvokeMember(String
> > memberName, BindingFlags flags, Object target, Int32[] aWrapperTypes,
> > MessageData& msgData) at MAPI.Attachment.get_Type()
> >
> >     VB Application
> >
> >         -2147467259 = The client operation failed. [Microsoft Exchange
> > Server Information Store
> >
> > The error happens on the determination of the attachment type, as shown
in
> > these code snippets:
> >
> >     C# Application
> >
> >         if ((CdoAttachmentType)att.Type ==
> > MAPI.CdoAttachmentType.CdoEmbeddedMessage)
> >
> >     VB Application
> >
> >         If CInt(objMessage.Attachments(j).Type) <> CdoEmbeddedMessage
Then

> > As it is, the fact that there are attachments is recognized, but fails
in
> > determining the attachment types.
> >
> > Please note that we can open the emails and attachments from Outlook
> without
> > any problems.
> >
> > We noticed that this behavior happens for emails with source containing
> > something similar to:

> >     --Boundary_(ID_UMmVtfCC+Dy+KJBXVN6RQg)
> >
> > Any help you can provide to help us understand the problem and work
> towards
> > a solutions is greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks and regards,
> > Romel

Soap client
Hello. How could I consume Web services created using c# with soap client written on c++6.0 ? I can't use .net on client app. Thanks in advance. Look for the COM-based SOAP Toolkit on the MSDN download web site [0]. Check out the MSDN Library [1] for some articles on interoperability issues. -- HTH Christoph Schittko [MVP] Software Architect, .NET Mentor [0] http://www.msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?URL=/downloads/sample.asp?url=/msdn-files/027/001/948/msdncompositedoc.xml [1] http://msdn.microsoft.com/library "Ulan" <usametov@hotmail.com> wrote in messa...

Attachments toolbar disappeared
Using Outlook 2000. I have the folders as a column on the left, and the inbox etc on the right with a panel below showing the highlighted selection from the inbox. I always had a paper clip somewhere in the middle right to show an attachment. Its disappeared. How do I get it back? ...

Installing multiple Sales for Outlook clients
Is it possible to install multiple Sales for Outlook clients via script/msi upon user log on to network, or must all clents be installed MANUALLY? jorgen.b Jorgen Many have trid to figure this out but I have not heard of anyone having any success with automating the install of SFO. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 18 Jan 2005 05:08:49 -0800, "jorgen.b" <lunarleaper@yahoo.com> wrote: Is it possible to install multiple Sales for Outlook clients via script/msi upon user log on to network, or ...

HQ Client Server over VPN
In the HQ Client configuration, many of you state that the IP address should be entered for the remote server address in stead of server name. Which IP address is that when you are connecting from a laptop(HQ server) to PC inside the store (HQ client) over VPN? I could be accessing from home or Starbucks and the IP on the laptop changes. Also, since I connect to 2 stores, each store network assigns a different DHCP Ip to the laptop when connected via laptop. ...

Block attachment size at Client
hi Is there anyway to limiting user using MS Outlook to attachment document which is more than 5MB? thanks "gbkhor" wrote in message news:OfmjM8pVIHA.3556@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > > Is there anyway to limiting user using MS Outlook to attachment > document which is more than 5MB? Sure. As the mail admin, you should be able to configure what is the maximum size of your customer's e-mails. gbkhor <gbkhor@time.net.my> wrote: > Is there anyway to limiting user using MS Outlook to attachment > document which is more than 5MB? You may be able to ...

Public folders w/ multiple addresses
I have a mail-enabled public folder with multiple email addresses, and I need to be able to determine through what email address was each email received. The only way I currently know of is to display "Options" on the message and see that in the "Internet Headers". Off course this can be workarounded by creating separate public folder for each address and then copy the emails to the target folder, but there must be some better solution to this. Thanks, George ...

Adding Annotation Attachments in CRM 4.0
I have having a hard time figuring out how to upload a file to an annotation from code in CRM 4.0. It appears that the old UploadFromBase64 etc is no longer in the API. Any ideas? Thanks Nevermind, I figured it out. You just have to send the encoded file to the documentbody property. ...

Office X Mac Word
Hi, I just installed Office X for Mac. I started using Word and I wanted to change the font. So I used the drop-down font menu and type in "t". Usually in Windows it scrolls immediately to font styles starting with "t". To my dismay, it doesn't do that. I have to manually scroll down & down to go the font I want. Does anyone know if there's any update that I have to install in order to get this feature? ( i don't even know what to call it)? Thanks! Mvo No, I don't think that feature is available in Office X. However, there are some updates you shoul...

Outlook 2003 not default MAPI client
I can't get Outlook 2003 set as my default MAPI client. I have answered "yes" when Outlook asks me if I want it to be the default email program, and I have set Outlook as the email program in Internet Explorer (under Tools|Internet Options|Programs). But still, when I click on a link in a browser windows such as someone@microsoft.com, up pops Outlook Express asking if I want it to be the default program. How can I set things so that when I click an email link, I get Outlook 2003, not Outlook Express? Many thanks for your help! Check the file associations for URL:MailTo Proto...

Missing Attachment
This is wild, and I haven't been able to find anything out there relating to this problem. The prerequisities: Exchange 2003 (no sp yet) running on 2000 sp4. When receiving email (obviously) from one company, if they attach a file and send it to multiple people at my business, the last recipient in the list does not get the attachment. It seems to be only from this particular company, but I can't for the life of me figure out what is causing the attachment to magically disappear from the last persons mailbox. It doesn't matter who the last person is. Any thoughts? Do y...

Installing RMS SP2 on W2K domain controller & clients
Just wanted to know in advance if this is ok. The RMS SP2 directions are very general re: computers, so I assume it doesnt matter, but our server install of RMS is running on a W2Ksp4 DC, with SQL ServerSP2. Dont want to break anything, so any insights are appreciated. The desktops are either XPsp1A or W2K sp3 /sp4. XPsp2 still is causing others hedaches, and really dont want to deal with it right now, have not installed it yet. Thanks Also, our server install is in a data path E:\PROG FILES\MSFT RMS\ETC, not on the C: partition. Is this an issue? I have read the post below re: 10 st...

4.0 Client Config error
The Client config returns an error with this in the server log; Exception information: Exception type: HttpParseException Exception message: Could not create type 'Microsoft.Crm.Sdk.Crm2007.CrmDiscoveryServiceAD'. Request information: Request URL: http://toshiba2002:5555/MSCRMServices/2007/AD/CrmDiscoveryService.asmx Request path: /MSCRMServices/2007/AD/CrmDiscoveryService.asmx The web client works OK, and I also get this same error when I try to connect the DMManager. The Server is SBE. Any ideas? -- Thanx Grizz Dear see this http://support.micros...

Outlook Client: Syncronise other peoples calendars
Hi, Is it possible to let the Outlook client bring in other peoples appointments in CRM. We want all our sales team to see all appointments in Outlook, We this to happen by default rather than having to add attendees each time. -- Thanks in advance Chris ...

Is there a way to attach files to records in Access 2003?
I have a database where I would like to attach files, faxes etc...directly to record. Is there a way to do that in access version 2003? If so, can someone assist me with the macro or expression to do so? I would HIGHLY suggest not storing the files in Access but store the link to the location. Access only holds up to 2Gb of data and embedding documents in the table is a sure way to reach that limit very fast. Also, it isn't that easy to do things such as open them up from there. It is much easier to use, say the FollowHyperlink command to open up the documents from a network l...

Update for Windows Vista (KB976662) has failed to install
Can anyone help, I have tried on numerous occasions to update the above but on every occasion as failed "Echo8" wrote: > Can anyone help, I have tried on numerous occasions to update the above but > on every occasion as failed Echo8 wrote: > Can anyone help, I have tried on numerous occasions to update the > above but on every occasion as failed mes wrote: > I also keep getting a not repsonding Nothing like tacking onto an existing conversation and ignoring the request for more information just like the original poster. ;-) -- Shena...

MSCRM 3.0 Emails Not Sent from Laptop Client.. Works from Web Client
I'm attempting to chase down an issue with e-mail here. For some reason, our users using the Laptop client are experiencing an issue where after sending an e-mail through the E-Mail Activity, the e-mail appears properly in the History window, but the recipients never receive the message. >From the web client, this works without issue. I tested using both clients sending an e-mail activity to myself at both my internal corporate e-mail address and to my Gmail address. Both the e-mails from the web client arrived in their respective inboxes, the 2 sent from the laptop client did not. ...

error bar types
I need a simple explanation for the function of the following error bars types: - Error Bars with Standard Error - Error Bars with Percentage - Error Bars with Standard Deviation Thanks in advance The first and last use error bars computed from statistical measures from the data - you would need a course in elementary stats to understand this. The percentage on use a percentage for the error bars. Example you want to plot with 10% error bars. Say one value is 60 then the error bars will go from ( 60 minus 10% of 60 ) to (60 plus 10% of 60) 60 minus 10% of 60 = 60 - (10/1...

Error 13 Type Mismatch 03-07-10
Need help solving a type mismatch error on the following code: Many thanks! Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) 'Limits the number of records allowed 'based on the field FloorProgMaxObservations If DCount("*", "tblFloorProgAudit", "[AuditID] = _ " & Me.AuditID.Value & "" And _ "[FloorProgCriteriaID] = " & _ Me.FloorProgCriteriaID.Value & "" And _ "[AuditorID] = '" & Me.AuditorID.Value & "'") = _ ...

Client Server using TCP/IP
Hi there... I want to write a small utility. It should be front- and backend running on different machines. I don't want to handle error correction or timeouts by myself. Communication is TCP/IP. How could I easyly do the communication? CSocket or something else. Thanks in advance Stefan "Stefan Kittel" <stefan.doofnase.kittel.NoSpam@web.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OFsMb9ijFHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi there... > > I want to write a small utility. > It should be front- and backend running on different machines. > > I don't want to...

Outlook Laptop Client not functioning while other client working f
I have a new CRM3.0 Professional installation. Single server on win2k3 with sql 2000 with all service packs and patches. Multiple Windows XP Professional domain PCs also up to date on SP and patches. Runs under the Network Service account All of them are exhibiting the same behavior: The Web Client works flawlessly The Outlook Desktop (online) client works flawlessly The Outlook Laptop (offline/online) client doesnt. What happens is that when you start outlook with the laptop client you get a CRM login prompt. At that login prompt, I have tried SHORTDOMAIN\user user and user@DOMAIN.COM .....

Add a REAL Outlook Client (rich client)
I believe MSFT is missing the boat on the implmenting a web only CRM solution. With the richness and market share of MS Outlook, using this product is slow, cumbersome, an frustrating compared to using Outlook applications. I know that if Microsoft could offer a rich/smart client version of CRM that has the rich UI like the rest of Outlook there would be no stopping it. The current product requires many clicks to accomplish a single task, let alone a series of task such as acting on a scheduled call activity, you need to: 1. Look up activity 2. click on the activity to view it 3. ...

How to determine what kind of licensekey used?
I have a alphanumeric licensekey which I think is used on an installation. But when I open the 'deploymentmanager' on the server, the licensekey is all numeric. Is the licensekey somehow changed into another key when used? How do I determine is my licensekey is a TRIAL or a MSDN key when I can't see the alphanumeric licensekey? Thanks... In deployment manager , when you click on License , there are three column. License Type ..............Number ...........................LicenseKey Enterprise ---------------------12--------------------------------- (license key is changed to nu...

Excel email attachment fails to open
If I double-click on an excel attachment, excel opens but the file doesn't. However, if I double click on a word attachment, both word and the word document does open I've tried repairing the Office installation but with no success. Can anyone help please ? OS is Win7; Office is 2007 Tx Rob RobFJ wrote: > If I double-click on an excel attachment, excel opens but the file > doesn't. However, if I double click on a word attachment, both word and > the word document does open > > OS is Win7; Office is 2007 Same thing happen when you *...

XP Outlook Express
Could not save or open attachments. Have the message on top "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail". The "Save attachments" was also disabled underneath the Attachment icon. I have downloaded all the window updates for Outlook Express and Internet Explorer but this problem still peristed. Because it is not a problem but a configuration setting. Tools-> Options-> option Do not allow... Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the ...

Issue changing column data type
I have a client that operates off of an access 97 database. I am in the process of migrating them to a more appropriate winforms and sql server solution, but for the time being I am also attempting to support their current system. They have a table that for whatever reason was created with 3 columns that should have been of type "currency" but instead were created as text. I am trying to change the column type to currency so that I can get them some totals on a crystal report I have written for them. I have already scrubbed all values that would cause a datatype mismatch err...