Client Action Logging

Is there any convenient way to log client actions when they connect via RPC?
I've searched every log I can find and every logging option I can find (POP3,
IMAP4, etc.).  No attempt to reveal this information has succeeded.  I've
found no obvious option that does this

We are using Exchange 5.5 and Oulook clients.  We have been receiving
reports that messages are being sent from our users but not getting delivered
until the next day.  I've looked at the smpt logs and, in some circumstances,
DNS and various other errors do occur.  Those are easily verified.  What I
cannot do is verify when our server received the outgoing mail.  If I had
that, I could cross-reference that vs. the smtp logs.  Without this I cannot
determine if there is an internal processing problem, bottleneck, etc.

Thanks
0
Ty (9)

Turn on Message tracking.  Review logs and use the track message tool.  You
should be able to determine were the delay is occuring.  Link below shows you
how to enable message tracking.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/q173/3/64.asp&NoWebContent=1

Thanks,
Chad

"Ty" wrote:

> Is there any convenient way to log client actions when they connect via RPC?
> I've searched every log I can find and every logging option I can find (POP3,
> IMAP4, etc.).  No attempt to reveal this information has succeeded.  I've
> found no obvious option that does this
>
> We are using Exchange 5.5 and Oulook clients.  We have been receiving
> reports that messages are being sent from our users but not getting delivered
> until the next day.  I've looked at the smpt logs and, in some circumstances,
> DNS and various other errors do occur.  Those are easily verified.  What I
> cannot do is verify when our server received the outgoing mail.  If I had
> that, I could cross-reference that vs. the smtp logs.  Without this I cannot
> determine if there is an internal processing problem, bottleneck, etc.
>
> Thanks
0
ChadP (65)

552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation #5
Hi, I have some people at Earthlink email addresses complaining that their email to users on my Exchange 2003 are bouncing back with the following error: > A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its > recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed: > > user@mydomain.com > SMTP error from remote mailer after end of data: > host mail.mydomain.com [my IP Address]: 552 Requested mail action aborted: > exceeded storage allocation However there are no restricitons on the mailboxes and at the most I have it set so...

Soap client
Hello. How could I consume Web services created using c# with soap client written on c++6.0 ? I can't use .net on client app. Thanks in advance. Look for the COM-based SOAP Toolkit on the MSDN download web site [0]. Check out the MSDN Library [1] for some articles on interoperability issues. -- HTH Christoph Schittko [MVP] Software Architect, .NET Mentor [0] http://www.msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?URL=/downloads/sample.asp?url=/msdn-files/027/001/948/msdncompositedoc.xml [1] http://msdn.microsoft.com/library "Ulan" <usametov@hotmail.com> wrote in messa...

Hundreds of warning on the event logs occuring everyday
I have an exchange server that 2 mailbox stores and a public store, exchange 2003 with SP2 and i see a very annoying warning everyday on the event logs. Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: Exchange Store Driver Event ID: 327 Date: 3/16/2006 Time: 11:16:47 AM User: N/A Computer: (MailServer) Description: The following call : EcLocallyDeliverMsg to the store failed. Error code : -2147221240 (Message-ID <7DFCADDF870056499AE0B3AB82058C3701177854@svrbr001mail.fairmont.fairgp.com>). MDB : 5f2a6494-f8c9-42eb-8db9-fbd1e92a806e. FID : . MID : . File : D...

Installing multiple Sales for Outlook clients
Is it possible to install multiple Sales for Outlook clients via script/msi upon user log on to network, or must all clents be installed MANUALLY? jorgen.b Jorgen Many have trid to figure this out but I have not heard of anyone having any success with automating the install of SFO. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 18 Jan 2005 05:08:49 -0800, "jorgen.b" <lunarleaper@yahoo.com> wrote: Is it possible to install multiple Sales for Outlook clients via script/msi upon user log on to network, or ...

Block attachment size at Client
hi Is there anyway to limiting user using MS Outlook to attachment document which is more than 5MB? thanks "gbkhor" wrote in message news:OfmjM8pVIHA.3556@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > > Is there anyway to limiting user using MS Outlook to attachment > document which is more than 5MB? Sure. As the mail admin, you should be able to configure what is the maximum size of your customer's e-mails. gbkhor <gbkhor@time.net.my> wrote: > Is there anyway to limiting user using MS Outlook to attachment > document which is more than 5MB? You may be able to ...

The name could not be resolved. The action could not be completed
I'm having a problem getting my Outlook 2003 clients to see our Exchange 2003 standard server. When I create the profile I get the following error when I "Check Name": "The name could not be resolved. The action could not be completed." MachineA (Windows 2003 Server) is the exchange server and also hosts external DNS and runs VMWare. VMWare runs MachineB (Windows 2003 Server) which is the DC & GC and hosts DHCP & DNS. MachineA points to MachineB for DNS and all desktop machines (Windows XP Professional) point to MachineB for DNS. We are moving from a linu...

HQ Client Server over VPN
In the HQ Client configuration, many of you state that the IP address should be entered for the remote server address in stead of server name. Which IP address is that when you are connecting from a laptop(HQ server) to PC inside the store (HQ client) over VPN? I could be accessing from home or Starbucks and the IP on the laptop changes. Also, since I connect to 2 stores, each store network assigns a different DHCP Ip to the laptop when connected via laptop. ...

How to save the application data while log off the system
Hi Everybody, I want to add some features in my application. Please help me to incorporate those features. 1. Saving the application data while log off the system. I have created application which is runs on system tray. I have added this application to the windows startup folder. So whenever the user "log in" to the system, the application will automatically loaded into the system tray. My requirement is whenever the user "log off" the system, the application will automatically save the data for the application. But right now the application will lost the data while log...

Outlook 2003 not default MAPI client
I can't get Outlook 2003 set as my default MAPI client. I have answered "yes" when Outlook asks me if I want it to be the default email program, and I have set Outlook as the email program in Internet Explorer (under Tools|Internet Options|Programs). But still, when I click on a link in a browser windows such as someone@microsoft.com, up pops Outlook Express asking if I want it to be the default program. How can I set things so that when I click an email link, I get Outlook 2003, not Outlook Express? Many thanks for your help! Check the file associations for URL:MailTo Proto...

Installing RMS SP2 on W2K domain controller & clients
Just wanted to know in advance if this is ok. The RMS SP2 directions are very general re: computers, so I assume it doesnt matter, but our server install of RMS is running on a W2Ksp4 DC, with SQL ServerSP2. Dont want to break anything, so any insights are appreciated. The desktops are either XPsp1A or W2K sp3 /sp4. XPsp2 still is causing others hedaches, and really dont want to deal with it right now, have not installed it yet. Thanks Also, our server install is in a data path E:\PROG FILES\MSFT RMS\ETC, not on the C: partition. Is this an issue? I have read the post below re: 10 st...

"Right-Click" actions
I thought I'd remembered reading somewhere that "Right-Click" actions could be assigned to controls. Yet, I don't see a "Right-Click" option given in the "Events" tab of a combo's property sheet. It seems that the "Right-Click" action can only be specified at the form's level, is that the limitation? Bill I stab in the dark, but couldn't you use the On Key Press Event to verify if the right-click was used and if so execute some code? -- Hope this helps, Daniel P "Bill" wrote: > I thought I'd remembered ...

Customising Outlook taskbar Icon actions / options
Hi there, I posted this a few weeks ago, to no avail. Trying again... ------------------------- Does anyone know how I might be able to tweak / customise the task bar icon for Outlook? I am referring to the Icon down on the right side of the task bar which appears when I set outlook to do so when minimised. Clicking this icon brings up various options... like OPEN OUTLOOK, Show Network Warnings, Hide when Minimised... etc. I would like to add SEND / RECEIVE to this little icon so that I can start a send / receive routine without taking outlook out of the minimised state. Anyone familar with ho...

How do I eliminate the need for Log On information?
I recently put my pc back to factory settings. Prior to that, when I powered on, I was not required to enter a username and password; now I am. I have never set this up, so I simply press enter to 'Log On'. Currently, when this window appears, username is listed as 'Owner'; no password is listed. I am the only user, so no need for administrator privileges. My question is this: how do I eliminate this window showing up at power on? I would like to simply power on, and a few seconds later have my desktop on the screen, ready to use. Thanks in advance for any ...

4.0 Client Config error
The Client config returns an error with this in the server log; Exception information: Exception type: HttpParseException Exception message: Could not create type 'Microsoft.Crm.Sdk.Crm2007.CrmDiscoveryServiceAD'. Request information: Request URL: http://toshiba2002:5555/MSCRMServices/2007/AD/CrmDiscoveryService.asmx Request path: /MSCRMServices/2007/AD/CrmDiscoveryService.asmx The web client works OK, and I also get this same error when I try to connect the DMManager. The Server is SBE. Any ideas? -- Thanx Grizz Dear see this http://support.micros...

Outlook Client: Syncronise other peoples calendars
Hi, Is it possible to let the Outlook client bring in other peoples appointments in CRM. We want all our sales team to see all appointments in Outlook, We this to happen by default rather than having to add attendees each time. -- Thanks in advance Chris ...

MSCRM 3.0 Emails Not Sent from Laptop Client.. Works from Web Client
I'm attempting to chase down an issue with e-mail here. For some reason, our users using the Laptop client are experiencing an issue where after sending an e-mail through the E-Mail Activity, the e-mail appears properly in the History window, but the recipients never receive the message. >From the web client, this works without issue. I tested using both clients sending an e-mail activity to myself at both my internal corporate e-mail address and to my Gmail address. Both the e-mails from the web client arrived in their respective inboxes, the 2 sent from the laptop client did not. ...

Excel Time Logged Out
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel As of recently (over the last few days), whenever I use Excel, I am unable to shut down my computer afterward without it freezing. A message appears saying something along the lines of &quot;excel log out failure&quot;, and the only way to end the program is to force quit. After I force quit, I'm able to shut down the computer. I was wondering what was causing this and how to fix it. <br><br>Thanks. No idea, and this one may take a while to find. You haven't stated your update ve...

Event Log Error 3018 MSExchangeTransport
I get heaps of these in my exchange 2003 server application event log Event ID: 301 Source: MSExchangeTranspor Category: ND A non-delivery report with a status code of 5.4.0 was generated for recipient rfc822;alison@mydomain.net (Message-ID <73h179e4pz4d$ax2a82d8$wz1760j6@JPMO70>). Causes: This message indicates a DNS problem or an IP address configuration problem Solution: Check the DNS using nslookup or dnsq. Verify the IP address is in IPv4 literal format They seem to be just NDRs for SPAM addresses so I don't even want to see them in the log Normal email is all working per...

Client Server using TCP/IP
Hi there... I want to write a small utility. It should be front- and backend running on different machines. I don't want to handle error correction or timeouts by myself. Communication is TCP/IP. How could I easyly do the communication? CSocket or something else. Thanks in advance Stefan "Stefan Kittel" <stefan.doofnase.kittel.NoSpam@web.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OFsMb9ijFHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi there... > > I want to write a small utility. > It should be front- and backend running on different machines. > > I don't want to...

Outlook Laptop Client not functioning while other client working f
I have a new CRM3.0 Professional installation. Single server on win2k3 with sql 2000 with all service packs and patches. Multiple Windows XP Professional domain PCs also up to date on SP and patches. Runs under the Network Service account All of them are exhibiting the same behavior: The Web Client works flawlessly The Outlook Desktop (online) client works flawlessly The Outlook Laptop (offline/online) client doesnt. What happens is that when you start outlook with the laptop client you get a CRM login prompt. At that login prompt, I have tried SHORTDOMAIN\user user and user@DOMAIN.COM .....

Add a REAL Outlook Client (rich client)
I believe MSFT is missing the boat on the implmenting a web only CRM solution. With the richness and market share of MS Outlook, using this product is slow, cumbersome, an frustrating compared to using Outlook applications. I know that if Microsoft could offer a rich/smart client version of CRM that has the rich UI like the rest of Outlook there would be no stopping it. The current product requires many clicks to accomplish a single task, let alone a series of task such as acting on a scheduled call activity, you need to: 1. Look up activity 2. click on the activity to view it 3. ...

Client Protection Path selection
I've just started using the RC of DPM 2010 and I am really impressed.. I looked at the first release of DPM years ago and found it took more management time than our old Backup solution, but so far this week I have been able to backup all my servers with only a few teething problems (read my lack of reading the manual)... One question I have relates to Client Protection... in the dialog asking for what directories to include/exclude there is a list of common directories, is there a list of what physically directories are included in each of these groups... I could of cours...

Outlook 2002 client #3
I have a 2002 pop client that receives a server time out error when trying to send an original email. All the account tests come back as completed and I receive the test email. It will forward and reply with no problem. Any suggestions? ...

ActiveX custom properties not browsed by clients
Hi All, I've an ActiveX control in ATL which has a few properties; one stock and two custom. I host the control into MS Excel and then from the context menu [on the control] hit Properties option, Excel's Properties browser opens. My problem is that for some reason the custom properties are not listed in that window but the stock property is. Do you know how to make a custom property appear in such a browser. [Note that the Property Pages are working OK; the problem is in Excel's own Properties browser.] The property map looks like this; BEGIN_PROP_MAP(CMyControl) .... PRO...

Outlook Client Cannot Authenticate to Exchange Server 2000
Hi All, I'm having a connection problem to my exchange server from my outlook. I have noticed, someone else got this same issue on one of the forum, but without a solution. Here's my problem in detail. I (user1) have Windows XP pro with SP1, I can authenticated to my domain without any problem. When Outlook XP is launched, the system prompts for the user id. I key the username and password, and the system responds that the logon information is incorrect, check the username, password or domain. This occurs on any id entered, including the administrator. I have not found anything that...