Chinese Character in Outlook Web Access

Why all chinese email read using OWA shows ???? but it is
ok if I open it using Outlook. Please advise.

Regards,

0
anonymous (74719)

Hello Gareth

I believe I understand your question if not forgive me.

Have you
1) Installed the Chinese language pack on the Exchange server running OWA?
If so did you reboot the server that has OWA installed (this also in effect
restarts the IISAdmin service) to set the changes?
2) Have you set language preferences in Internet Explorer on the client's
computer by going to the "Tools" menu, clicking "Internet Options", and then
clicking "Languages". In the "Language Preference" dialog box, click "Add"
and add the Chinese [zh] language.
3) Did you change the priority of the languages in the Language Preference
dialog box to Chinese first and English second.

Hope this get you going in the right direction.

--
Ted Cormier
Microsoft Exchange Support

purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
confers no rights.
Don't miss out on FREE training at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;pwebcst&expand=none
Check out the new E2K3 Technical Doc's -
"http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtech
nol/exchange/exchange2003/proddocs/library/default.asp"

"Gareth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Why all chinese email read using OWA shows ???? but it is
> ok if I open it using Outlook. Please advise.
>
> Regards,

0
tedc (23)
1/6/2004 11:41:13 AM
Thanks Ted. I will check on the server and try again.

Regards, Gareth.

alias is for newsgroup
>purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no
warranties, and
>confers no rights.
>Don't miss out on FREE training at
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-
US;pwebcst&expand=none
>Check out the new E2K3 Technical Doc's -
>"http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?
url=/technet/prodtech
>nol/exchange/exchange2003/proddocs/library/default.asp"
>
>"Gareth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> Why all chinese email read using OWA shows ???? but it
is
>> ok if I open it using Outlook. Please advise.
>>
>> Regards,
>>

>.

0
anonymous (74719)

which smartphone for Outlook synchronization?
My Samsung BlackJack II is flaking out, and of course the warranty expired two months ago .... I need a combination of good cellphone AND good to excellent synchronization with Outlook for calendar, contacts, and TO DO. Wireless data is not something I use right now, because I can't justify the expense. With the BlackJack, I can sync up easily with a USB plug-in cable. What's hot and what's not? I've heard from several people that the iPhone is not a good phone, whatever its other plusses. I should also mention that my carrier is AT&T. Thanks. -AH Try posting to (...

Outlook 2003
Both are ok, however I have about 500 emails in this folder. I am wanting to email all of them without spending hours typing in email addresses. There has to be a way with a rule, etc. Thanks "Judy Gleeson MVP - Outlook" <judy@acorntraining.com.au> wrote in message news:%23BT6yrehFHA.328@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > And another way....(nothing wrong with Milly's!) > > Right click the senders' addresses and Add to Contacts, make them all the > same Category and then you can email all people in that Category. > > > > Judy Gleeson - MVP Outlook &...

Why the Character O disappers
Hello, When I type a sentence that starts with the letter O, then I click on bullets or numbering, the letter O disappears. This happens in Word 2007 or 2010. What is happening? T.I. Word thinks you are using O as a bullet. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "TITANI" <TITANI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2BE7640D-63C6-4AC8-A6BA-A9CA18992C67@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > When I type a sentence that starts with the letter O, then I click on > bullets...

how I can remove hotmail from Outlook 2000?
I can't use Outlook anymore because I set hotmail and I can not remove and use other server can someonehelpme pls. Paco wrote: > I can't use Outlook anymore because I set hotmail and I can not remove > and use other server can someonehelpme pls. Tools-Email Accounts- remove? Perhaps? -- Registered Linux User no 240308 Kubuntu 6.06, Open Office 2 gordonDOTburgessparkerATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk to email me remove the obvious! Paco <Paco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I can't use Outlook anymore because I set hotmail and I can not > remove and use oth...

outlook 2007 no problem receiving email but problem sending
I have no problem sending and receiving emails when connected at work but from home, I can receive new messages but there is a problem sending. I get the message Sending reported error 0x80042109. Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue receiving this message contact your server administrator or ISP. Any ideas please. Thanks, Charlie Have you verified with your corporate mail admin already that the settings have been correct for usage outside of the company network and if this is indeed fully supported by your corporation? If so,...

Outlook Operation Failed #2
I'm running Outlook 2007 connected to Exchange 2007. When I press the Send/Receive button, I get error 0x80190193 - The operation failed. As far as I can tell, the user's accounts are synchronized. This error only occurs when I press the Send/Receive button; it does not occur during Outlook's scheduled send/receive. I've tried disabling Outlook Anywhere and have deleted and recreated the user's profile. Anyone have any insight on this specific error? I can't seem to find anything on the net for this error code. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_N...

Slow Opening Links to Web Sites; Just recent behavior
I use Outlook 2003 and both the latest Firefox and IE browsers. This phenomena just started showing up on both my PCs. Whenever I use to click on a link to a web page that was in a email I quickly got an opening browser page. Now I wait 20-30 seconds. I have this on mulitiple machines and have all the recent upgrades form MS and Fireefox. Has something been changed with all the updates. Is there anything I can reset to get my old performance back? ...

Chinese junk emails
Is there a way to block Chinese/Asian emails from coming in to Outlook? They use different names and ip address and subjects Outlook 2003 allows you to filter based on some International info (character set & such): Tools menu > Options > Junk E-mail > International tab "rmwatrich" <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OQVx7fEaFHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to block Chinese/Asian emails from coming in to Outlook? > They use different names and ip address and subjects ...

trouble accessing out of office reply
I was able to access my out of office reply function last week but I am unable to do so this week, getting the message: The command is not available. See the programme documentation about how to use this extension. Can anyone help me? Do others in your company have the same issue or just you? If they all have issues, contact your email admin. If it is just you, verify that the proper Exchange Extensions have been enabled in Outlook. See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/374 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://ww...

Outlook using 100% resources
Outlook 2003 consuming 100% CPU on Windows XP Pro machines. Outlook starts OK but then the more you use it the more CPU time used. It seems to increase exponentually with each task preformed in Outlook. If you close and open Outlook again it works for a few tasks and then is back to 100 % CPU. Have uninstalled and reinstalled Office, All updates installed. Recreated profiles including OST and PST, Scanned for spyware and virus. Recreating the Windows profile seemed to work for a day or 2 but the issue returned. This is happening to IBM T43 laptops. Is Outlook trying to do a sp...

Outlook 2000 #65
There is no From: line when I compose an e-mail. This does not allow me to choose which mail server I want the e- mail to be sent from. How do I fixed this? Do you have Outlook 2000 configured in Internet Mail Only mode or in Corporate/Workgroup mode? If you're not sure, check the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:042301c3ae1f$0b71c350$a401280a@phx.gbl, Bill wrote: > There is no From: line...

Character counter #3
Hello, I have created a User form to allow users to enter data onto a report. To ensure that data entered does not exceed the space available I have limited the number of characters that can be entered, I want to put a box on the form that will show the user how many characters that they have available and I would like it to update as they type so they know how much space they have available. eg. 100 characters available to start, as they type this would decrease accordingly, so if they typed "Hello" the box would show 95 available. How can I do this? Thanks in advance...

Outlook Express Shuts Down Netzero
Just recently this started happening. I have dial up with Netzero and I can use IE 6 without any issues. I can use Netscape without any issues. But when I open up my Outlook Express, it shuts down my netzero and connection instantly, or sometimes it will wait until all new e-mails download and then it will shut it all down. Any suggestions on how to resolve this? Thank you. Its a very simple problem. The option under tools >option s>connections > says hang up after send and r3eceiving email - Please uncheck that and i hope the Outlook express will not shut down after teh ...

Chinese Chars in Failed Backup
Getting whole bunch of the errors like the one below. Backup fails. Can't find the message so that i can delete it when i go to the folder of the user in the outlook. What other methods are available to me to get rid of those corrupted messages. For certain reasons we need to backup individual mailboxes and not just the store. I am aware that backing up the store will solve the problem. ============================================================================ === WARNING: "\\SERVER\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Joe Shmo. [jshmo]?Top of Information Store?Deleted Items?�?????????????...

Web Outlook & Exchange Setup need ideas
I currently have Server: Windows 2000 Server, Exchange 5. Clients: Windows 2000 Pro, Outlook 200 I am planning to install Outlook Web Access. I want to upgrade Exchange Server 5.5 to 2003. People say Ex 2003 does has installation probles with Win 2000 Server. Is this true Does Outlook Web Access have to be installed on the same box that is running the Exchange Server? If it has to be, will it work if I install Exchange Server on a different box and have its information store point to the information store of my original Exchange Server. And then install Outlook Web Access on the new box I a...

Can I use a Publisher business card as the Outlook Signature?
Can I import a business card from Publisher into Outlook to be used as Signature? There are email business cards here, designed specifically for Outlook. You can get an idea how to create them. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=card&sc=4&av=ZOL -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Midwest Wedding PIper" <Midwest Wedding PIper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D10894E-C551-4213-89EF-E57A6CA727F7@microsoft.com... > Can I import a business card from Publisher into Outlook to be used as > Signature? ...

No send button in outlook
I have found the answer to this problem in this chat room but the information was either incomplete or I didn't understand it because I am still having the same problem. The other person wrote: Click Start, Click Control Panel Double Click Mail Icon Click Show Profiles In the mail dialog Box, click add Follow the prompts of the inbox setup wizard This information doesn't make sense to me (I'm not very good with computers). First of all there is already a MSN profile (I created a second one, which didn't help). Second problem is, even though I followed all the steps about o...

Advance Find in Outlook for Birthdate field
Hello, I want to find contacts according to their birthdates but grouped by months. For example in Advance Find if I choose "this month" Condition, it should display only those contacts with birthdate in October. However it looks like Outlook finds and sort according to the year of birth. Is there any way to find and group according to month of birth. OS: Windows XP OFFICE: MS Office 2003. Outlook 2003. Regards, Faisal. mfaisald@gmail.com try using the recurring field, not the date field. see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/birthday.htm for some ideas on how to do this. -- ...

Why BSTR does not display the chinese/foreign characters correctly??
Question : Why are all the chinese character in BSTR in the Visual Studio 6 C++ below displayed as ?? I tried compiling in UNICODE also no change.I would also like to save the text in the outerhtml into a html file. How to do this?? In Visual C++ 6 using the code below lHTMLDocument2->get_body(&lHtmlElement); lHtmlElement->get_parentElement(&lHtmlElement2); lHtmlElement2->get_outerHTML(&bstrHTML); &bstrHTML contains the following why are the chinese characters ???-????? <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>???-?????</TITLE> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type c...

Outlook Text Defaults to Bold
One of my users reports that when she writes an email message (either creating a new one or replying) her body text is defaulting to bold. Her signature is affected as well. Essentially, the text she wants bold is regular and the text she wants regular is bold. I checked her options and the fonts were all set to regular and the 'Always Use My Fonts' box was checked. She does not have any stationery selected. I tried to finesse the system by setting her fonts to bold (and restarting Outloook), with no change. On messages, the 'B' key on the toolbar is highlighted. If she c...

Changing character for time enty
Is there a way to change the colon (:) while entering time data? I would like to be able to use the period (.) in my keypad to be recognized as the dividing character for hours and minutes. I am in Excel 2003..... Hi AFAIK this is not really possible (maybe changing the Windows settings could do). You may have a look at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Tam wrote: > Is there a way to change the colon (:) while entering time data? I > would like to be able to use the period (.) in my keypad to be > recognized as the divi...

Outlook #129
It is taking "a while" (5+ seconds) for Outlook to ask for my password, meanwhile it allows access to my information:( Anyway to not allow any access until the password is requested... It seems that this would be a little safer! Thanks. ...

How to export excel column into Access without losing the leading.
I have data in one column that must always be 8 numbers, leading zeros are at least two and at most 5, I have formatted them with the custom number format 00000### but when I import the file into Access (get external data) , Access will drop all leading zeros. I do not see an option to import a .prn file into Access. Hi using a custom formal only changes the display of the numbers, not the numbers themselves - which is why when you import them into access or whatever, the numbers will lose the formatting. the solution (AFAIK) is not to use a custom format but to change the numbers t...

access sql -> ms query sql?
I have a query in Access that works fine. But, if i copy the sql syntax, go into Excel and paste it into MS Query, it doesn't work. It tells me it can't add a table and shows me the entire beginning of the SELECT statement. Is the sql syntax different between Access and MS Query in Excel? Is there something specific i need to change when i copy it over from access? ...

Spell Check in Outlook Express
Running a nDell Dimension 2400. When I spell check e- mail in OE I get,"An error occurred whiole the spelling was being checked.". When I set the option to always spell check before send, I get the message, "The spell check on the document was halted. Do you want to send anyway?" Can someone solve this for me. I will be grateful. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x m...