Changing domain password via RPC over HTTP

Hi,

Having a FE RPC/HTTP proxy server, and users connected via HTTP.
The Exchange servers are in a Resource domain, and user accounts are in
Accounts domain.
These are remote users, whose clients are not part of the Accounts domain.

When they're prompted to change domain password (first logon), they're
unable to do so.
Outlook 2003 gave back the same prompting window, until their account get
locked out.

Does Outlook connect to the Accounts domain DCs directly for password
changes, or does it goes through the RPC proxy server?

TIA
Shel

0
shel1 (9)

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 16:25:09 +0800, "Shel" <shel@msnews.forum.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Having a FE RPC/HTTP proxy server, and users connected via HTTP.
>The Exchange servers are in a Resource domain, and user accounts are in
>Accounts domain.
>These are remote users, whose clients are not part of the Accounts domain.
>
>When they're prompted to change domain password (first logon), they're
>unable to do so.
>Outlook 2003 gave back the same prompting window, until their account get
>locked out.
>
>Does Outlook connect to the Accounts domain DCs directly for password
>changes, or does it goes through the RPC proxy server?
>
>TIA
>Shel

You need to make sure you can change the password in OWA first:
http://www.winnetmag.com/Article/ArticleID/42691/42691.html
before looking to Outlook RPC/HTTPS
Can you check that out and advise...
0
mark7219 (5666)
10/14/2004 10:27:36 AM
Hi Mark,

Do you mean that enabling changing password in OWA (on the RPC proxy server)
is equivalent to enabling changing password via RPC/HTTP?

Thanks!

> On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 16:25:09 +0800, "Shel" <shel@msnews.forum.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >Having a FE RPC/HTTP proxy server, and users connected via HTTP.
> >The Exchange servers are in a Resource domain, and user accounts are in
> >Accounts domain.
> >These are remote users, whose clients are not part of the Accounts
domain.

> >When they're prompted to change domain password (first logon), they're
> >unable to do so.
> >Outlook 2003 gave back the same prompting window, until their account get
> >locked out.
> >
> >Does Outlook connect to the Accounts domain DCs directly for password
> >changes, or does it goes through the RPC proxy server?
> >
> >TIA
> >Shel
> >

> You need to make sure you can change the password in OWA first:
> http://www.winnetmag.com/Article/ArticleID/42691/42691.html
> before looking to Outlook RPC/HTTPS
> Can you check that out and advise...

0
shel1 (9)

External data link change

OWA: how to login without entering domain?
Hi, we have recently update from OWA 5.5 and Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 and OWA, before migration, we can log in to OWA 5.5 using user - password, with default domain configured in exchange 5.5 IIS. now in Exchange 2003, with the default domain option configured, we cannot log in and we have to use domain\user - password what can we do? the configuration is similar, thanks and regards First article in http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?catalog=LCID%3D1033&1033comm=1&spid=global&query=owa+default+domain&pwt=false&title=false&kt=ALL&mdt=0&res=...

Why does the change change to a number?

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Track Changes

New Domain Controllers & EMS
Excahnge 2003 Native on 2003 Domain. I am replacing my domain controllers with new and renaming them along the way. I have not decomissioned (dcpromo) the old ones yet. I have account managers who used to be able to create accounts and create mailboxes in one process. Lately they can create mailboxes only if their DNS is pointing to the old server. Do I need to install Exchange System manager on the new Domain Controllers? Thanks, Tango The DC needs Exchange System Manager only if they will be used as clients to do mailbox management, i.e., if administrators will log on to them...

more on VBA function name change

Outlook 2003 and HTTP (Hotmail) Inbox
Hi all, I've searched and searched and searched (to no avail) for a solution to a problem that's just been irritating to no end. I think it's simple, but who knows... I have 2 email accounts with Outlook 2003, one POP, and one HTTP (Hotmail). My issue is that when I look in my inbox for the Hotmail account, Outlook doesn't mark my messages (as it does in the POP account) showing which messages I've responded to. That's it, but it's EXTREMELY annoying to look in my inbox and not know if I've responded to someone or not (without having to wade through my sent ...

Updating Contacts via Email
Can anyone recommend software that will send info update requests to everyone in my contacts folder and integrate their replies automatically? I found a program called Contacts Clinic, but I can't find any sort of review of it. Does it work? Is there a better alternative? I'm not looking forward to the prospect of calling every number in there to update manually. ...

How to change icon for my application

How to change newsgroup message font

Change a formula to an acual number

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?

Prompted for password when running a report
Running CRm 3.0 on a single SBS 2003 box. Everything seems to work great except we get prompted for windows credentials when running a report. I verified the reports and reportserver website are using integrated authentication. The webserver is in the local intranet zone. Any ideas? Thanks Dave Dave, I'd first try adding the server as a 'trusted site' in IE, and under 'custom level' set User Authentication.Logon to "Automatic logon with current username and password". Hope that helps, Jeff Bennett CRM Practice Manager Solutions Consulting Group, Inc....

Excel File Portection/Password
I have an excel document created in excel 02. I now need to open the doc in excel 2000. It is pwd protected but it won't open in excel 2000. Is there a work around? Hi Drew the file should open in Excel 2000 without a problem (after entering the password of course). What kind of error do you get? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Drew wrote: > I have an excel document created in excel 02. I now need > to open the doc in excel 2000. It is pwd protected but it > won't open in excel 2000. Is there a work around? Hi Frank, It says the password is wrong. Thi...

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

icon changes with change of extension

Field Type Change

Any Ideas on how to get around a password...
I must have put a password on my Outlook express identity when I set it up. I had never closed it and now I did and can't get back in. I am a consultant and all my client info and address are in the address book and e-mails are saved in files. I can access current e-mails through comcast directly but have I lost the historical info for good? Michelle <michelleduhl@hotmail.com> wrote: > I must have put a password on my Outlook express identity > when I set it up. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE,...

Tracking Changes

Save Changes? #2