Changing domain names

When I first set up sbs2003 I used companyweb as my domain
name. How do I change it to my xyz.com domain? Also if
anyone knows of any helpful tutorials on this subject it
would really help.

Thanks in Advance
0
anonymous (74725)

Take a look at:

822447 How to Modify an SMTP E-Mail Address by Using Recipient Policies
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822447

You'll need to ensure that the new domain (xyz.com) has MX records pointing
to your router (which should then point to the mail server) or directly to
the mail server.

You'll most likely need to modify the default recipient policy and change
the default SMTP address to use @xyz.com instead of what was used
previously.  If you have multiple domain names, you can create entries for
them, but only one can be the primary name.  Also to receive mail for say
"xyz.com" you have to have an entry in the default recipient policy.

--
Sincerely,

Muhammed Ismail
mismail@online.microsoft.com

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.

mismail (26)

External data link change

OWA: how to login without entering domain?
Hi, we have recently update from OWA 5.5 and Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 and OWA, before migration, we can log in to OWA 5.5 using user - password, with default domain configured in exchange 5.5 IIS. now in Exchange 2003, with the default domain option configured, we cannot log in and we have to use domain\user - password what can we do? the configuration is similar, thanks and regards First article in http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?catalog=LCID%3D1033&1033comm=1&spid=global&query=owa+default+domain&pwt=false&title=false&kt=ALL&mdt=0&res=...

AddIn Functions Have File Path and #NAME? Error
Hello, How do I get Excel 2007 to drop the file path on formulas with Excel addin functions in them? I've just upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007 on XP and am having some trouble with my Excel addin workbook functions. There are a number of addins that are kept in a directory on the computer, C:\ExcelAddins. They are updated from time to time and so everyone has them in this directory on there computer so IT can upload updates. After the Office 2007 upgrade I added all these addins to Excel 2007. In 2003 I would be able to access the addin functions by typing in the name and pa...

Why does the change change to a number?

If my System.IO.StreamWriter Write method throws "The specified network name is no longer available." and I try to Dispose or Close it in the finaly clause the close or dispose method just throws "The
If my System.IO.StreamWriter Write method throws "The specified network name is no longer available." and I try to Dispose or Close it in the finaly clause the close or dispose method just throws "The specified network name is no longer available." again. how to clean this up? after this the stream writer is stuck connected until i restart my process. ...

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Track Changes

New Domain Controllers & EMS
Excahnge 2003 Native on 2003 Domain. I am replacing my domain controllers with new and renaming them along the way. I have not decomissioned (dcpromo) the old ones yet. I have account managers who used to be able to create accounts and create mailboxes in one process. Lately they can create mailboxes only if their DNS is pointing to the old server. Do I need to install Exchange System manager on the new Domain Controllers? Thanks, Tango The DC needs Exchange System Manager only if they will be used as clients to do mailbox management, i.e., if administrators will log on to them...

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

How to change newsgroup message font

Change a formula to an acual number

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

icon changes with change of extension

Field Type Change

Tracking Changes

Save Changes? #2

Sent messages viewed as spam on other domains
I've just set up a Server 2003 environment with Exchange 2003. I'm working on sending and receiving messages using the Outlook Web Access feature. I am able to send and receive messages to other domains, say address@gmail.com or address@yahoo.com. My problem is that my email messages are going into Google and Yahoo's spam folders. How do I prevent my outgoing messages as being viewed as spam? Thanks Hans On 19 Sep 2006 11:55:42 -0700, "hans" <hans.russell@gmail.com> wrote: >I've just set up a Server 2003 environment with Exchange 2003. I'm >wo...

colour change of dated box

Outlook Name lookup
When creating a new email and typing in a name for the To: Outlook does not find the name all the time even if it is in the address/contacts. Does anyone have a fix for this? ...