Changing Display Name does not reflect.

Hi, I have an exchnage server 2003 and Outlook 2003. We recently changed opne
of our employees last name in ADUC and her display name, the ran the Update
manually and waited 24 hours and still the dsiplay Name in the Global list
shows the Old One. I checked in AD and it is set to her new spleeing,
Anything I'm missing I should look at.

Thanks

If this is Outlook 2003 using Cached mode, then you would also need to
rebuild the Offline Address Book and have Outlook download the OAB - this is
what cached mode clients use for their GAL.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Sam NetAdmin" <SamNetAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I have an exchnage server 2003 and Outlook 2003. We recently changed
> opne
> of our employees last name in ADUC and her display name, the ran the
> Update
> manually and waited 24 hours and still the dsiplay Name in the Global list
> shows the Old One. I checked in AD and it is set to her new spleeing,
> Anything I'm missing I should look at.
>
> Thanks

0
Ben
8/23/2005 1:21:17 PM
"Sam NetAdmin" <SamNetAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I have an exchnage server 2003 and Outlook 2003. We recently changed
> opne
> of our employees last name in ADUC and her display name, the ran the
> Update
> manually and waited 24 hours and still the dsiplay Name in the Global list
> shows the Old One. I checked in AD and it is set to her new spleeing,
> Anything I'm missing I should look at.

If this is Outlook 2003 then they are using a local copy of the GAL.
It may take another 24 hours for this to update.

Helpful Hints:
GOFF Concepts L.L.C.
http://goffconcepts.com/products/windows/profiler/index.html

0
na1 (222)

External data link change

AddIn Functions Have File Path and #NAME? Error
Hello, How do I get Excel 2007 to drop the file path on formulas with Excel addin functions in them? I've just upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007 on XP and am having some trouble with my Excel addin workbook functions. There are a number of addins that are kept in a directory on the computer, C:\ExcelAddins. They are updated from time to time and so everyone has them in this directory on there computer so IT can upload updates. After the Office 2007 upgrade I added all these addins to Excel 2007. In 2003 I would be able to access the addin functions by typing in the name and pa...

Why does the change change to a number?

how to display a activex control to toolbar?
i want to display a mfc activex control on toolbar, how to do? thanks The articel below shows how to add any control in a toolbar. THat will be a good start: http://www.codeguru.com/article.php/c2547 Another easy option might be to use a CDialogBar, which is based on a dialog template. It might be easy to add ActiveX to a dialog instead. --- Ajay ...

If my System.IO.StreamWriter Write method throws "The specified network name is no longer available." and I try to Dispose or Close it in the finaly clause the close or dispose method just throws "The
If my System.IO.StreamWriter Write method throws "The specified network name is no longer available." and I try to Dispose or Close it in the finaly clause the close or dispose method just throws "The specified network name is no longer available." again. how to clean this up? after this the stream writer is stuck connected until i restart my process. ...

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Track Changes

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

How to change newsgroup message font

Change a formula to an acual number

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

BUG?!: PP 2007 does display all "Paste as link" charts of Excel 20
I discovered a bug in Excel / PP 2007 which I can easily reproduce. I have a simple "test" files if somebody wants to take a look. The basic outline is like this. 1) I create some graphs in Excel with considerable distance, so that they are not both visible on the screen simontainously. 2) I copy (by selecting a range containing the graphs), then paste-link (as dynamic graphics) the two chars into PP, each in its separate slide. 3) Now, If I rightclick and choose "update", the one which is not visible in Excel will not be shown! To me, it seems like Excel saves...

icon changes with change of extension

Field Type Change

Display Formula Values
I have a number of formulas that are displaying the result using the value that is displayed in a referenced cell rather than what was actually input. For example, if my formula in cell A1 is B1*C1 and my value in C1 is .075 and the cell is formatted to display a percentage with no decimal places my formula in B1 uses 8% instead of 7.5%. How can I address this across the entire workbook rather than having to change the format in each of the necessary cells. Thanks for your help. What formula do you have in B1? -- Regards, RD --------------------------------------------------------...

Using Time as axis, and displaying info on plots
Hi every one...i've been racking my brain out on this one. I'd like to come up with a way to display things better. Background: I am making a running worksheet that has events fo multiple days. each day has a varying number of events. In order t effectively display the data for my boss, the best way is to do it on 24 hour clock instead of the standard 12 hour clock. This allows us t see patterns occuring at certain times. The way I have it currently set up is converting times to angles an using the days as magnitudes. Basically doing a polar chart t cartesian conversion. This...

Tracking Changes

Save Changes? #2

colour change of dated box