Changing Default Recipient Policy - Risks

Can anyone please help me out and point out any risks that are involved in
changing the Default Recipient Policy?

0
HELP (162)

What exactly are trying to accomplish?

--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA

"Help" <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone please help me out and point out any risks that are involved in
> changing the Default Recipient Policy?

0
jcoliverjr (1013)
10/12/2006 1:01:40 AM
Our default policy is @companyname.local and will not send NDR's externally.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B829108

"John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" wrote:

> What exactly are trying to accomplish?
>
> --
> John Oliver, Jr
> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
> Exchange MVP 2007
> Microsoft Certified Partner
>
> "Help" <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can anyone please help me out and point out any risks that are involved in
> > changing the Default Recipient Policy?

0
HELP (162)
10/12/2006 1:27:01 AM
Do you have an external domain you want to host with Exchange Server?

--

> Our default policy is @companyname.local and will not send NDR's
> externally.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B829108
>
> "John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> What exactly are trying to accomplish?
>>
>> --
>> John Oliver, Jr
>> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
>> Exchange MVP 2007
>> Microsoft Certified Partner
>>
>> "Help" <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Can anyone please help me out and point out any risks that are involved
>> > in
>> > changing the Default Recipient Policy?

0
jcoliverjr (1013)
10/12/2006 6:58:09 PM
Yes

"John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" wrote:

> Do you have an external domain you want to host with Exchange Server?
>
> --
> John Oliver, Jr
> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
> Exchange MVP 2007
> Microsoft Certified Partner
>
> "Help" <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Our default policy is @companyname.local and will not send NDR's
> > externally.
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B829108
> >
> > "John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> What exactly are trying to accomplish?
> >>
> >> --
> >> John Oliver, Jr
> >> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
> >> Exchange MVP 2007
> >> Microsoft Certified Partner
> >>
> >> "Help" <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
HELP (162)
10/12/2006 10:58:01 PM
Ok, you will need to add this external domain to your Default Recipient
Policy.  This will then allow NDRs to be sent externally.  Here is a link to
help you out. Please post back with any questions.

> Yes
>
> "John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Do you have an external domain you want to host with Exchange Server?
>>
>> --
>> John Oliver, Jr
>> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
>> Exchange MVP 2007
>> Microsoft Certified Partner
>>
>> "Help" <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Our default policy is @companyname.local and will not send NDR's
>> > externally.
>> >
>> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B829108

0
jcoliverjr (1013)
10/13/2006 12:26:10 AM
Thanks. Can I then remove the old @companyname.local or does that need to
stay there? I want the new one to be the primary address.

"John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" wrote:

> Ok, you will need to add this external domain to your Default Recipient
> Policy.  This will then allow NDRs to be sent externally.  Here is a link to
> help you out. Please post back with any questions.
>
> http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF002.html
>
> --
> John Oliver, Jr
> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
> Exchange MVP 2007
> Microsoft Certified Partner
>
> "Help" <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes
> >
> > "John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Do you have an external domain you want to host with Exchange Server?
> >>
> >> --
> >> John Oliver, Jr
> >> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
> >> Exchange MVP 2007
> >> Microsoft Certified Partner
> >>
> >> "Help" <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
HELP (162)
10/13/2006 12:37:02 AM
You can remove it if all users will have the External domain as their
Primary SMTP address.  You can leave the .local address as Secondary in case
you decide you want to restrict or remove a user from having an external
address but still have the ability send/receive mail to your internal users.

--

> Thanks. Can I then remove the old @companyname.local or does that need to
> stay there? I want the new one to be the primary address.
>
> "John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Ok, you will need to add this external domain to your Default Recipient
>> Policy.  This will then allow NDRs to be sent externally.  Here is a link
>> help you out. Please post back with any questions.
>>
>> http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF002.html
>>
>> --
>> John Oliver, Jr
>> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
>> Exchange MVP 2007
>> Microsoft Certified Partner
>>
>> "Help" <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Yes

0
jcoliverjr (1013)
10/13/2006 12:50:39 AM
we have specific recipient policies for each division anyway, so they get
different recipient policies depending on where they are in the country,

"John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" wrote:

> You can remove it if all users will have the External domain as their
> Primary SMTP address.  You can leave the .local address as Secondary in case
> you decide you want to restrict or remove a user from having an external
> address but still have the ability send/receive mail to your internal users.
>
> --
> John Oliver, Jr
> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
> Exchange MVP 2007
> Microsoft Certified Partner
>
> "Help" <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks. Can I then remove the old @companyname.local or does that need to
> > stay there? I want the new one to be the primary address.
> >
> > "John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Ok, you will need to add this external domain to your Default Recipient
> >> Policy.  This will then allow NDRs to be sent externally.  Here is a link
> >> help you out. Please post back with any questions.
> >>
> >> http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF002.html
> >>
> >> --
> >> John Oliver, Jr
> >> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
> >> Exchange MVP 2007
> >> Microsoft Certified Partner
> >>
> >> "Help" <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
HELP (162)

External data link change

Why does the change change to a number?

Default Company at Login
What determines the default company that is displayed to the user at login? Is it simply alphabetical or is there somewhere to set as the default? i.e if we have 3 companies ABC-Company, 123_Company and All Other Company, Inc., can All Other Company, Inc. be forced as the default presented to the user? Thanks ------=_NextPart_0001_70567BB1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit If there is only 1 company in the list, the list will default to that company. If there is more than 1 company, nothing will default. You could do this trivially with Dexterity if you are o...

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Track Changes

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

OWA as default web page
I have a front end server I'm using for OWA. I would like to configure IIS to default to the login prompt when the user hits the web server, without having to type "/exchange". For example: https://webserver.domain instead of https://webserver.domain/exchange Is there a way to configure this? Thanks The article below describes how to redirect the Default Web page to point to the Exchange virtual directory. 319878 XWEB: How to Make Outlook Web Access the Default Web Site http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319878 >-----Original Message----- >I have a front end server...

How to change newsgroup message font

Change a formula to an acual number

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Recipient limits in Exchange 2003
I have a mixed Exchange 5.5/Exchange 2003 Environment...... An Ex 5.5 user sends emails to a distribution list that has 8000 members using a Shared 2k3 mailbox and has no problems sending to that dl. Another Ex 2k3 user sends emails to the same distribution list using the same shared 2k3 mailbox but receives the following error: The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can be addressed in a single message. Send the message multiple times to fewer recipients. <servername #5.5.3> The global settings Message Delivery in ESM is set to 5000. I do ...

Should I change this code?

some replies come from default account
Some email replies from me come from the address to which the email was sent and others come from my default address. For example if I reply to a message that came to kozmo@thisaddress.com, the reply comes from kozmo@defaultaddress.com. I can change it manually for each reply but that's a pain and if I forget to it's a problem. Not all messages behave this way. Some come from the correct "reply from" address. I can't figure out what the difference is for those that come from the correct address. I'm using OL2000 on XP, Internet Mail Only. Any ideas what'...

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

Moving exchange2k3 server machine account from default OU to another...
Hi all. I have an win2k3 std sp1 server with exchange2k3 std sp2 on it. The computer account of the server sits in the default Computers OU, and i want to move it to another computer OU for policy purposes. I have a 2k AD. I understand that this move should go without a problem, maybe a restart of the services afterwards? I'm not going to move any of the objects in the Microsoft Exchange System Objects OU, just the computer account. Any problems that might occur, and would those potential problems be ok if i just move it back to the default OU? -- Gripe On Fri, 19 May 2006 ...

icon changes with change of extension

Field Type Change

Tracking Changes

Save Changes? #2

Assign a new the default PivotChart
Hi, I am using Office 2003. We know that the default chart type for a PivotChart report is a stacked column chart, which compares the contribution of each value to a total across categories. And whenever you filter the data in the pivotchart, the default chart type is used. Can i assign the custom chart - "Line – column on 2 Axes" as my default PivotChart ? Any comments/help appreciated. Thanks, Denny Daniel ...

colour change of dated box