Changing Default Recipient Policy - Risks

Can anyone please help me out and point out any risks that are involved in
changing the Default Recipient Policy?

0
HELP (162)

What exactly are trying to accomplish?

--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA

"Help" <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone please help me out and point out any risks that are involved in
> changing the Default Recipient Policy?

0
jcoliverjr (1013)
10/12/2006 1:01:40 AM
Our default policy is @companyname.local and will not send NDR's externally.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B829108

"John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" wrote:

> What exactly are trying to accomplish?
>
> --
> John Oliver, Jr
> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
> Exchange MVP 2007
> Microsoft Certified Partner
>
> "Help" <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can anyone please help me out and point out any risks that are involved in
> > changing the Default Recipient Policy?

0
HELP (162)
10/12/2006 1:27:01 AM
Do you have an external domain you want to host with Exchange Server?

--

> Our default policy is @companyname.local and will not send NDR's
> externally.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B829108
>
> "John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> What exactly are trying to accomplish?
>>
>> --
>> John Oliver, Jr
>> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
>> Exchange MVP 2007
>> Microsoft Certified Partner
>>
>> "Help" <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Can anyone please help me out and point out any risks that are involved
>> > in
>> > changing the Default Recipient Policy?

0
jcoliverjr (1013)
10/12/2006 6:58:09 PM
Yes

"John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" wrote:

> Do you have an external domain you want to host with Exchange Server?
>
> --
> John Oliver, Jr
> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
> Exchange MVP 2007
> Microsoft Certified Partner
>
> "Help" <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Our default policy is @companyname.local and will not send NDR's
> > externally.
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B829108
> >
> > "John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> What exactly are trying to accomplish?
> >>
> >> --
> >> John Oliver, Jr
> >> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
> >> Exchange MVP 2007
> >> Microsoft Certified Partner
> >>
> >> "Help" <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
HELP (162)
10/12/2006 10:58:01 PM
Ok, you will need to add this external domain to your Default Recipient
Policy.  This will then allow NDRs to be sent externally.  Here is a link to
help you out. Please post back with any questions.

> Yes
>
> "John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Do you have an external domain you want to host with Exchange Server?
>>
>> --
>> John Oliver, Jr
>> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
>> Exchange MVP 2007
>> Microsoft Certified Partner
>>
>> "Help" <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Our default policy is @companyname.local and will not send NDR's
>> > externally.
>> >
>> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B829108

0
jcoliverjr (1013)
10/13/2006 12:26:10 AM
Thanks. Can I then remove the old @companyname.local or does that need to
stay there? I want the new one to be the primary address.

"John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" wrote:

> Ok, you will need to add this external domain to your Default Recipient
> Policy.  This will then allow NDRs to be sent externally.  Here is a link to
> help you out. Please post back with any questions.
>
> http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF002.html
>
> --
> John Oliver, Jr
> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
> Exchange MVP 2007
> Microsoft Certified Partner
>
> "Help" <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes
> >
> > "John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Do you have an external domain you want to host with Exchange Server?
> >>
> >> --
> >> John Oliver, Jr
> >> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
> >> Exchange MVP 2007
> >> Microsoft Certified Partner
> >>
> >> "Help" <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
HELP (162)
10/13/2006 12:37:02 AM
You can remove it if all users will have the External domain as their
Primary SMTP address.  You can leave the .local address as Secondary in case
you decide you want to restrict or remove a user from having an external
address but still have the ability send/receive mail to your internal users.

--

> Thanks. Can I then remove the old @companyname.local or does that need to
> stay there? I want the new one to be the primary address.
>
> "John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Ok, you will need to add this external domain to your Default Recipient
>> Policy.  This will then allow NDRs to be sent externally.  Here is a link
>> help you out. Please post back with any questions.
>>
>> http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF002.html
>>
>> --
>> John Oliver, Jr
>> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
>> Exchange MVP 2007
>> Microsoft Certified Partner
>>
>> "Help" <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Yes

0
jcoliverjr (1013)
10/13/2006 12:50:39 AM
we have specific recipient policies for each division anyway, so they get
different recipient policies depending on where they are in the country,

"John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" wrote:

> You can remove it if all users will have the External domain as their
> Primary SMTP address.  You can leave the .local address as Secondary in case
> you decide you want to restrict or remove a user from having an external
> address but still have the ability send/receive mail to your internal users.
>
> --
> John Oliver, Jr
> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
> Exchange MVP 2007
> Microsoft Certified Partner
>
> "Help" <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks. Can I then remove the old @companyname.local or does that need to
> > stay there? I want the new one to be the primary address.
> >
> > "John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Ok, you will need to add this external domain to your Default Recipient
> >> Policy.  This will then allow NDRs to be sent externally.  Here is a link
> >> help you out. Please post back with any questions.
> >>
> >> http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF002.html
> >>
> >> --
> >> John Oliver, Jr
> >> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
> >> Exchange MVP 2007
> >> Microsoft Certified Partner
> >>
> >> "Help" <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
HELP (162)

How to change Central Administration content database status from Stopped to Running in MOSS 2007
Hi, everybody Maybe someone will help me with such problem: I put SharePoint Central Administration content database offline from the Central Administration site web interface "Central Administration > Application Management > Content Databases" (Database status - Stopped). I do that to prepare to migrate this db to another SQL server. Now I have a problem - I can't to connect to the Central administration site! How can I now change Database status to "Running". May bee I can do that from stsadm.exe? What shell I do? Any suggestions? Submitted...

Sync Sent Items by default
Hello. I manage a number of Windows mobile (6.1 and 6.5) devices through Exchange 2007 and a Device Management application (Afaria). In this way I can remotely configure a lot of items on the device, including changing registry settings and xml provisioing. I would like to have the "Sent Items" folder automatically (by dwfault) checked for syncing. Is there a way to select this as checked either via xml provisioning or by changing registry settings? Or is it somewhere else? I can't seem to find it in the registry or via xml provisioning. Any help would be appre...

IMAP default delivery location (Outlook)
Hi: I have my AOL account mapped into my Outlook 2003 via IMAP. Under "E-mail Accounts" i have the "Deliver new e-mail to the following location" set to a PST file's inbox location. But, new AOL mail always comes into the IMAP Inbox, not the PST file specified as above. What am I'm not understanding about this? I want all new mail to come to one Inbox, the one in my personal PST file. thanks, russ You need to create a rule that moves all messages received in your IMAP Inbox to your PST. IMAP doesn't care about the deliver new e-mail to the following lo...

Changing the "From" name
In Outlook XP,I have set up a hotmail account for my closest contacts only.Is there a setting where I can change the name in the FROM line in email sent out to my real name instead of the name of my hotmail account.In othr words,email comes from "Liza Q" instead of "CountDeMoney@Hotmail.com"? "Bill C" <margedaughter3@go.com> wrote in message news:06cc01c36071$09faace0$a401280a@phx.gbl > In Outlook XP,I have set up a hotmail account for my > closest contacts only.Is there a setting where I can > change the name in the FROM line in email sent ou...

Start a reply, close without saving, icon still changes to replied
Hello all, I have an issue that sometimes I start a reply to an email but sort out the issue before I hit the send button. I therefore close the message and click no to save. However, even after not saving, the message icon against the original in my inbox has already changed to replied. As I receive hundreds of emails, sometimes I forget I didn't send the reply but my inbox shows otherwise. Is this a bug? Thanks in anticipation Niki B Outlook Version??? You might have your options set to Automatically Save Unsent Items in Tools, Options, Email Options. "NikiB" wrot...

options related to q319206
All, We have a sub domain of our Organisation which, has had the Global Catalogue servers and Domain Controllers upgraded to 2003. When trying to edit a distribution list using Outlook, trying to save changes results in the error: "Changes to the distribution list membership could not be saved. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. " Previously this worked fine. The groups can still be edited on the server. The MS Q no mentioned above, details that GCs in a different domain only have read access to groups. Other than move the servers to th...

Portfolio Default Page
When I open my Portfolio I would like for my custom page to open ( be the default page ). How to I make my Custom page my default page. Also, sometimes when I open my Portfolio it may display currency other than $-most often the Euro & Ph. I have the $ as the default currency. How do I get the $ to show each time? Thanks, Jamedare In microsoft.public.money, Jamedare wrote: > When I open my Portfolio I would like for my custom page >to open ( be the default page ). How to I make my Custom >page my default page. Your choices for what you see when you start Money are a...

How do I scan in a form for entries and changes?
I have a 4 in 1 printer. How can I can in a blank form into my documents so that I can enter information into it. NOTE: I've tried to scan in the form but it gives me a jpeg (picture) format and I cannot make any modifications to it. For a one off, it is probably not worth the effort, but if you insert the jpeg so that it is behind the text, you can then type in front of it. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.co...

Suppressing default error message
How do I suppress the default Access error message. I have a form that opens when the db is started and opens one recordset to check table links. If the link is broken, it refreshes all table links. I've created my own message in the Err_Form_Open: section of the error handler to let users know the links are being refreshed. Now, the weird part. The form worked exactly as it was supposed to when I only had a few command buttons on it but when I added a tab control (to better organize the menus) the default error message displays before my message. The form still refreshes the l...

Changing month start/end time
Hello, As standard, Money's budgeting starts on the first of the month and ends the last day of the month. I would like to change it to begin on the 20th and end on the 19th of the next month. Is that possible? Or should auck it up and quit my whining? Thanks, Kip I'd vote for "suck it up." This has been asked and answered a lot lately including, IIRC, earlier today. Money fixes the year and month boundaries. "kip" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06a801c3b6d7$e8335d10$a001280a@phx.gbl... > As standard, Money's budg...

How do I change the size of the legend key in a chart?
On a column chart in Excel each column has a different color. The name of each category is shown in the legend along with a small box (legend key) with the color corresponding to the color of the column for that entry in the chart. My question is how to I enlarge those little color boxes next to the names in the legend? My color boxes are so small I can't see what the color is. Color boxes are way smaller than font size on the adjoining text. Generally the boxes scale with the font size. One thing you may consider is using an unfilled box, that is, setting the border of the seri...

Text Box Defaults
Hi, Im trying to set a text box Default Value to a public variable in my database I have set the Default Value to = MyVariable(60) but all I get is #Name? the variable is a variant and I have checked to see that whats stored in the variable can be entered into the text box. Help! Steve - Land Down Under Steve, Is MyVariable the name of a Function? If so, I would expect it to work as the textbox's Default Value, as long as its syntax is correct. I would suspect that the #Name? error may not be related at all to this Default Value property. It is more likely to be related to the ...

After main frame size is changed...
I split the main window into two windows.After following RainMan's way,it work well. If the size of left window equal to minimum,user don't drag to left continuously. Now I find a new bug.When I resize the main frame to less than the left window minimum,the left window will be invisible.I don't want to let user reduce the size of main window if less than left window minimum. Thanks. Regards, Miken >"Miken" wrote: >> Now I want to set the minimum size on the left window,and don't drag to left >> continuously if the left window's size equal to mi...

Task ownership changes when assigning opportunities
We have a sales process that assigns tasks to different people for a single opportunity. For example, one person might be responsible for a phonecall confirming an appointment with the opportunity while the other person might be responsible for a task to meet with the customer. Let me see if I can simplify an example of a problem we are encountering: Opportunity X is owned by User A Sales process creates Task 1 for Opportunity X and Task 1 is assigned to [owner] (which is User A) Sales process creates Task 2 for Opportunity X and Task 2 is assigned to User B User A assigns Opportunity X ...

How do I specify the default folder for Microsoft Publisher 2007?
How do I specify the default folder for Microsoft Publisher 2007? This capability has been removed from Tools - Options and there is no Microsoft Office Button for Publisher. This option is under the Microsoft Office Button for other Office programs. You can't... Hopefully this will be fixed in the next Service Pack. Create a Publisher Folder in My Places in Windows XP, click on the folder when you are ready to save or open. If you are using Vista drag the folder to Favorite Links. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "stovertl1" <stovertl1@discussions.microsoft.co...

Passport Sign-In Name Change
I recently changed my passport sign-in name from xyz@domain.com to abc@domain2.com. However, even though I can log into Money 2004 with the new sign-in name and everything works on the web, each time I open Money 2004 it still has the older sign-in name in the Sign-In Name field. I'm able to retype the new one and then my password but I'd like to be able to set Money to remember the new Sign-In Name. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! Try detaching the passport from the Money file, restart Money and reattach the passport with the new name. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP ...

Changing "more addresses" label.
We want to rename the "more addresses" label in the CRM navigation. Does anyone know where this label is located? Thanks, John ------=_NextPart_0001_3BC8A3AC Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit "John" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: > We want to rename the "more addresses" label in the CRM navigation. > > Does anyone know where this label is located? Unfortunately, the label cannot be changed by the user. It is compiled into the resource DLL. -- Tao Yue Microsoft Dynamics CRM Development This posting is provided "...

Cost change Report
Hello Great Plains Gurus, I have been taxed with creating a report that will show all inventory activity (receipts, sales, adjustments, etc) in a certain time period (ie previous months) and show the cost of the item after that transaction. Well, showing the inventory activity is easy enough by just pulling information out of IV30300 but the problem that I am having is to show the current cost of the item (we use average perpetual valuation on all of our items) at the time just after that transaction occurs. IE I would be displaying item# widget1, receipt 100pc, receipt date, new current co...

Change Exchange Domain
Hi Does anyone knows how can I change my Exchange Domain? When installing Exchange I put the same domain that I have in the Internet, so I can't send emails to that domain. Thanks in advance -- Jose Meireles =?Utf-8?B?am1laXJlbGVz?= <jmeireles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:CE785A6D-E6F8-45BC-8B79-A8B5CCB7D344@microsoft.com: > Does anyone knows how can I change my Exchange Domain? When installing > Exchange I put the same domain that I have in the Internet, so I can't > send emails to that domain. I don't quite understand what you are asking. Excha...

How to change Display fonts size?
Hi, I am running Microsoft 2003 on Windows XP and I find its display font to be too small. Does anybody know how I can change the size of display fonts? THANKS Perhaps increasing the size of your system fonts in the display control panel might help. In general, Money complies with none of the accessibility protocols in this regard. What you (can't) see is what you get. "nmzhivago" <nmzhivago@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:18a7701c386c1$7f4452a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am running Microsoft 2003 on Windows XP > and I find its display font to be too small. >...

Report won't change Date Range
I am trying to do a transaction report on an account. It is my checking account and has a fair amount of trasnactions. It defautls to a 6 month period. When I try to change that, say to a year or all dates, Money flips it back and refreshes the report. I am not sure why it won't take the range I give it. 3 Months works, but 12 months, all dates, etc. do not. I don't have tens thousands of transactions...probably a couple thousand if that. ...

How to override MRU default behaviour?
My MFC app has two different DocTemplates (each associated with different file formats). I used my own DocTemplates(derived from CMultiDocTemplate) so that I can control file formats for each DocTemplate. When I open file from MRU menu items, wrong DocTemplate is used as it does not go through my code to create child window. My question is how and where do I intercept the MRU message so that my own create window function can be used? Thanks. Michael http://www.codeproject.com/docview/multimrulist.asp -- With Regards, Selvam http://www.wincpp.com "Michael" wrote: > My M...

Calendar views change
Hi running Exchange 5.5. We have different computers running different clients. Problem is some clients are viewing events as all day while some are viewing it as having a start time and end time. So the event could expand into another day. The problem is not client specific and has nothing to do with how it was created. For ex. PersonA (running Outlook 2003) creates an All day event. She views it and it looks like an all day event. PersonB (running Outlook 2003) opens it up and the event has a start time of 1:00 am to 1:00am the next day. Any ideas on why this is happening? ...

how to rename default column heading?
column heading in my MS excel now showing 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ... how to change the header default to A, B, C, D, .... thanks Noel, Go to Tools/Options/General/ and uncheck R1C1 Reference Style This Help? Dave noel Wrote: > column heading in my MS excel now showing 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ... > how to change the header default to A, B, C, D, .... > thanks -- Piranha ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Piranha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=20435 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t...

How do I set hyphenation to default to OFF??
I am running Publisher 2003 on Windows XP Home. I don't want any of my text hyphenated. It's a pain to have to go into the language->hyphenation window for every single text box in my publication to turn it off. I want to set the default for every single document I ever create in publisher to turn hyphenation OFF!!!!! I can always turn it back on manually if I need it. Also, how can I set the default font style and size for new text boxes? I don't want Times New Roman. I want Arial. I used to be able to do this in pub 97 but can't find it now. Thanks! DB wrote: >...