Change user email address for outbound emails

I have a recipient policy that sets up email addresses based on the user
name.  One of  the users has a name with an ' (apostrophe).  Many people
can't send emails to addresses that contain an apostrophe.  Because of this
I need to change her email address without changing her name in Active
Directory.  I just added a new SMTP address in the user properties and set
the new address to primary and then unchecked "Auto update based on
Recipient Policy".  Is this the best way to address this issue.

0
legendsfan (21)

Works for me.

"Colin" <legendsfan@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>I have a recipient policy that sets up email addresses based on the user
>name.  One of  the users has a name with an ' (apostrophe).  Many people
>can't send emails to addresses that contain an apostrophe.  Because of this
>I need to change her email address without changing her name in Active
>Directory.  I just added a new SMTP address in the user properties and set
>the new address to primary and then unchecked "Auto update based on
>Recipient Policy".  Is this the best way to address this issue.

0
tfelts (292)
11/17/2005 7:59:06 PM
Also set the new address as the reply address but yes, that should do it

"Colin" wrote:

> I have a recipient policy that sets up email addresses based on the user
> name.  One of  the users has a name with an ' (apostrophe).  Many people
> can't send emails to addresses that contain an apostrophe.  Because of this
> I need to change her email address without changing her name in Active
> Directory.  I just added a new SMTP address in the user properties and set
> the new address to primary and then unchecked "Auto update based on
> Recipient Policy".  Is this the best way to address this issue.

0
mark564 (750)

External data link change

MAPI and IMAP coexsistance on same client/server for transparent users in the wild...
An exchange 2003 server with enabled secure IMAP and OWA. Clients running Outlook 2003 with both MAPI and IMAP connections to the same server. This is for troubleless connections for users being both on the LAN and out in the wild without VPN. What are your experinces about best setup in this scenario - how will users get the most transparent feel - that is: calender working, mails getting to the same location, still available via OWA... regardless whether they are on the LAN or in the wild. Regards, Lars. Go with Mapi all the way for the functionality. Implement RPC over HTTPs for rem...

Why does the change change to a number?

incoming emails ok but can't send emails
I recently added a ES 2003 to an Exchange 5.5 org. and so far so good. Now I want to decomission 5.5 but when I stopped the services (as a test), I can't send email anymore but receiving works fine. - Telnet on exch2003 server port 25 is responding - nslookup works fine returning the proper MX record in the domain from outside I changed the MX record on the internal DNS server to point to the new ES 2003. I know MX records are related to incoming messages. So what did I miss ? TIA The 5.5 server still has an IMS. Add an SMTP Connector to the Ex2003 server and increase the co...

Track Changes

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Automatically move original email to folder on reply
When replying to messages, I want the original email to be automatically moved to a folder within my mailbox. I have played around with the inbox rules however, it appears I can only automatically move a copy of my sent message to a designated folder, and not my original message. Each time I reply to messages I want them moved to folder x. I know I could just create a rule to move them all into folder x before I read them however, I want to leave my unreplied messages in my inbox so I know which messages still need responses. Any help much appreciated!! Thanks. You should be abl...

more on VBA function name change

Stop sheet showing when Using Datapig's Force Users to enable macr
Hi, I think this is probably not do-able I'm using Datapig Technologies example to force users to enable macros When the workbook is closed all sheets other than a warning sheet are very hidden so that if the workbook is opened with macros disabled then the user can only see a warning sheet saying to close and open with macros enabled. Then on opening with macros enabled the waring sheet is very hidden and the other sheets can be seen. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) Application.ScreenUpdating = False Sheets("Warning").Visible = True Sh...

How to change icon for my application

Updating Contacts via Email
Can anyone recommend software that will send info update requests to everyone in my contacts folder and integrate their replies automatically? I found a program called Contacts Clinic, but I can't find any sort of review of it. Does it work? Is there a better alternative? I'm not looking forward to the prospect of calling every number in there to update manually. ...

How to change newsgroup message font

Cant send emails 06-04-10
I get the following message: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'free movies', Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E How do I fix it so I can get emails. ...

Change a formula to an acual number

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?

How to permanently redirect an exchange smtp email account to third party address.
I have been successful with creating a server side outlook rule that will redirect all inbound email and also delete it. This is fine but the email ends up in the profiles sent folder and deleted items. Attempting to add the "delete permanetly" rule does not work because the rule is client based, and we dont want the outlook client to be running permanetly. This account is not managed and I do not want to have to manually log in and clean it out eventually. In the UNIX world Its a simple creation of an alias... Again how would I create an email redirect within Exchange without t...

College research project
Hi All! I'm conducting a survey for my college research project and need responses. It's for MS office users and I need as much of a response as possible. Under the name question, just put your first name and your last initial. I just need it as a separate identifier. if you have a handle that you use in the newsgroup, feel free to use that, too. There is no personal information asked for. Here's the link: http://www.summitcadd.com/ms_word_survey.htm Thanks, John From: "John" <jprovetto@earthlink.net> | Hi All! | | I'm conducting a survey for my co...

Import users to AD
I am trying to import 200 users from a .csv file to Windows 2008 R2 Active Directory. As I have no idea of scripting, I searched the Internet and found this: Import-CSV c:\users.csv | ForEach-Object { New-QADUser -Name $_.display -SamAccountName $_.SamAccountName -UserPrincipalName $_.user1 -FirstName $_.first -LastName $_.last -DisplayName $_.display -Phone $_.phone -Department $_.departamento -Title $_.Title -Company $_.company -Streetaddress $_.street -PostalCode $_.zip -City $_.city -StateOrProvince $_.state -UserPassword $_.password -ParentContainer DOMAIN.CORP/NEWUSERS } ...

Deleted User Mailbox
Delete a user from Exchange 2003 and the mailbox showed as orphane. Later created a new user and connected that mailbox to that new user successfully. Now the new user cannot logon using OWA. Under Mailboxes in the ESM it shows user connected successfully but under Last Logged in by it show ... S-1-5-21-106....... Please advise. Thank you in advance. ...

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

icon changes with change of extension