Change Password from RPC/HTTP(s) Connection in Outlook

I have a ton of clients which I have setup to use an RPC proxy in
Outlook 2003 so that they can use Outlook and not OWA, from outside of
the local network.

One thing I find now that is becoming an issue is that there is no real
good way for a user who is never physically plugged into our network,
to change his/her password.  OWA is able to do this, and on the fly I
set that up, which is super ugly though.

This got me thinking to ask, if anyone knows of a way for users to
update their passwords with the Outlook client.

Seems that Microsoft seriously overlooked this in their design of
Outlook Exchange connections!

Dear John,

Open outlook 2003, go to tools, click options, click other tab, click
advanced options button, click custom forms, here you will find an option
password.
Try this to change the users passwords using Outlook.
I haven't personally tested this option.

REgards,
Kashif

"john.lockie@gmail.com" wrote:

> I have a ton of clients which I have setup to use an RPC proxy in
> Outlook 2003 so that they can use Outlook and not OWA, from outside of
> the local network.
>
> One thing I find now that is becoming an issue is that there is no real
> good way for a user who is never physically plugged into our network,
> to change his/her password.  OWA is able to do this, and on the fly I
> set that up, which is super ugly though.
>
> This got me thinking to ask, if anyone knows of a way for users to
> update their passwords with the Outlook client.
>
> Seems that Microsoft seriously overlooked this in their design of
> Outlook Exchange connections!

0
KashifAwan (28)

Don't know where else to put q's. 2 questions. 11g Dongle and wire
What is and Acer WLAN 11g USB Dongle? It is some program that is on my computer and pops-up at start-up. I'v double clicked it, and nothing happens. I went on Acers site, and I can find nothing. Even some freeware mentions it, but they only talked about the freeware, not this WLAN 11g itself. And how can I tell if I have wireless or not. This seems like a nobrainer, you have it or not. But some documents on my computer mention wireless internet surfing in programs that are there. I use a high speed connection through an external modem that connects to my comuter and the w...

outlook express Spell check not working
I installed MS-office 7.0 on my XP and the icon for the e- mail spell checker came on but the still does not work. I get an error message. Whats up now??? I was told all I needed was office and it would work!! This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public....

External data link change

outlook 2003- cant send to some distribution lists
User was upgraded from office 97. the PST was moved at that time. Fast forward several months... user hit the 2gb limit on her PST file. we created a new OL2003 PST, then imported all info from the old PST. Now whenever she tries to send to certain distribution lists, she gets a "unexpected error has occurred". when she hits send. if she tries to expand the distribution list within the TO field, she gets an error of "The command selected is not valid for this recipient. The operation failed." she can open it in contacts with no errors. We have deleted the list and...

Why does the change change to a number?

Synchronize Desktop Outlook to Outlook Web Access?
Using Outlook 2003 with Win XP SP1, latest updates to both. I just got a new e-mail address from work, which uses Outlook Web Access (Exchange server) for its web mail. Since the folders look similar to the Outlook folders in my desktop Outlook, I wonder if there is a way to synchronize the data between my desktop Outlook, and that on the web. In other words, to import the contacts, calendar, tasks, notes, etc. from my desktop Outlook into the folders on the web. My Inbox as well. (I have several e-mail accounts, all going into one Inbox in my desktop Outlook. Of course, I think I can only a...

outlook 2000 #31
I cannot customize outlook today page now. The capability to do this quit working about six weeks ago. I have re- installed outlook 2000 but that does not help. ...

Outlook Unknown Error 0x8004060C
Hi, I have the following error message at the end of downloading new messages. The system stop and shows a popup with "Unknown Error 0x8004060C" I installed Outlook XP again but I got the same problem. Everything was working fine until...it could be an email of around 3Mb who stopped everything. I have no idea. Please help me. Thanks, Olivier I found a solution. This message means that you reach the limit of size of your pst file. You need to backup your pst file and create a new one. Or at least diminish the size of your actual pst file. Hope this will help someone, O...

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Track Changes

more on VBA function name change

Stop sheet showing when Using Datapig's Force Users to enable macr
Hi, I think this is probably not do-able I'm using Datapig Technologies example to force users to enable macros When the workbook is closed all sheets other than a warning sheet are very hidden so that if the workbook is opened with macros disabled then the user can only see a warning sheet saying to close and open with macros enabled. Then on opening with macros enabled the waring sheet is very hidden and the other sheets can be seen. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) Application.ScreenUpdating = False Sheets("Warning").Visible = True Sh...

Microsoft Outlook #22
I am trying to figure out how to receive/sent emails with Microsoft Outlook from a remote site computer (away from office/home computer). Where can I find this information or what are the procedures? I like access my e-mails while traveling. Unless you are talking about an .ost file with Microsoft Exchange or Outlook Web Access, you better HOPE you can't access your local Outlook over the internet as this would mean that your computer is open to anyone on the Internet. However, if you mean can you setup a mail account identical to your one at home, then if you are using the same ISP,...

Outlook 2003 and HTTP (Hotmail) Inbox
Hi all, I've searched and searched and searched (to no avail) for a solution to a problem that's just been irritating to no end. I think it's simple, but who knows... I have 2 email accounts with Outlook 2003, one POP, and one HTTP (Hotmail). My issue is that when I look in my inbox for the Hotmail account, Outlook doesn't mark my messages (as it does in the POP account) showing which messages I've responded to. That's it, but it's EXTREMELY annoying to look in my inbox and not know if I've responded to someone or not (without having to wade through my sent ...

How to change icon for my application

using IMAP and Outlook to share folders on 5.5 SP4?
I've got a client with 5.5 SP4 who wants to be able to drag an email from his inbox to a shared folder that his assistant can access. The server is outside their network, so can only use IMAP or POP3 I tried opening up port 143 for IMAP and created a new public folder using Outlook. I can see this new folder using Exchange Administrator app. When I drag an email from the Outlook inbox into the new public folder, I get a msg of: Can't move the items. The server responded: REFERRAL imap://userName:AUTH="@server.com/Public/%20Folders/Test] there is no replica for that mailbox o...

How to change newsgroup message font

Outlook 2003 MSKSrver.exe! RUNS ALL TIME HOGS MEMORY!
Outlook 2003 Too Slow! I used the MicroSoft task manager to find-out what all the action in the background is! MSKSrver.exe RUNS ALL the time at 85 to 95 CPU and the CPU total usage is near 100% ALL the time with nothing major running but MSKSrver.exe! Whenever I try to do anything else, the new application takes forever to get going as it must compete with MSKSrver.exe! Why is that database server working all the time? What is it doing? I do not use "Favorite Folders" or "Business Contact Manager" yet, though those are areas show in MAIL, empty. I don'...

Change a formula to an acual number

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?

redefine rich edit's version
I'm using vc6. the default version of rich edit in vc6 is 1.0. I have installed newer SDK so that I can use newer version of rich edit control, version 2.0. But I can't tell vc6 that I want to use version 2.0 of rich edit control until I find the solution of adding this code " #undef _RICHEDIT_VER #define _RICHEDIT_VER 0x0200 " right after the line of "#include <afxwin.h> " Here comes my question: why shoud I redefine that macro RIGHT AFTER including <afxwin.h>? I know _RICHEDIT_VER is defined 0x0100 in afxwin.h, but I think it should be ok to redefin...