Change organisation name in Exchange 2003

Hi,

We are migrating our XCH 5.5 to XCH 2003. We need to change the organisation
name. We can not use XMERGE as we need to keep the rights on the folders. So
we need the new 2003 to join the 5.5 organisation: we can not create a new
organisation and migrate the mailboxes. Is there a way, once the migration
is over, to change the organisation name in Exchange 2003 ?

Thks, Alex

0
alex3458 (1)

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 00:11:35 +0100, "Alex" <alex@alex.alex> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>We are migrating our XCH 5.5 to XCH 2003. We need to change the organisation
>name. We can not use XMERGE as we need to keep the rights on the folders. So
>we need the new 2003 to join the 5.5 organisation: we can not create a new
>organisation and migrate the mailboxes. Is there a way, once the migration
>is over, to change the organisation name in Exchange 2003 ?
>
>Thks, Alex

Change the organizational display name to the name of your choice (
using valid char -
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;289671&Product=exch2003
)
in the 5.5 admin gui prior to running  Exchange 2003 forestprep and
before you join the Exch 2003 server to the existing 5.5 org.

0
adavid (8731)

External data link change

outlook 2003- cant send to some distribution lists
User was upgraded from office 97. the PST was moved at that time. Fast forward several months... user hit the 2gb limit on her PST file. we created a new OL2003 PST, then imported all info from the old PST. Now whenever she tries to send to certain distribution lists, she gets a "unexpected error has occurred". when she hits send. if she tries to expand the distribution list within the TO field, she gets an error of "The command selected is not valid for this recipient. The operation failed." she can open it in contacts with no errors. We have deleted the list and...

Why does the change change to a number?

AddIn Functions Have File Path and #NAME? Error
Hello, How do I get Excel 2007 to drop the file path on formulas with Excel addin functions in them? I've just upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007 on XP and am having some trouble with my Excel addin workbook functions. There are a number of addins that are kept in a directory on the computer, C:\ExcelAddins. They are updated from time to time and so everyone has them in this directory on there computer so IT can upload updates. After the Office 2007 upgrade I added all these addins to Excel 2007. In 2003 I would be able to access the addin functions by typing in the name and pa...

If my System.IO.StreamWriter Write method throws "The specified network name is no longer available." and I try to Dispose or Close it in the finaly clause the close or dispose method just throws "The
If my System.IO.StreamWriter Write method throws "The specified network name is no longer available." and I try to Dispose or Close it in the finaly clause the close or dispose method just throws "The specified network name is no longer available." again. how to clean this up? after this the stream writer is stuck connected until i restart my process. ...

Track Changes

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Stange Error when Launching Exchange Management Console
Hello everyone, Whenever I log on to my Exchange server as Administrator and launch the management console I get a strange message from the console that says: Active Directory server exchange.myserver.org is not available. Error message: A local error occured. It was running command 'get-recipient -ResultSize '1000' -SortBy 'DisplayName' -RecipientTable 'UserMailbox'. However, if I log on to the server as any other user rather than Administrator and then use the console I do not get that message. What would cause this issue with just the administrator? Th...

more on VBA function name change

Exchange Management Tool
Is IIS needed after installing Exchange 2003 Management Tool? The installation required NNTP and SMTP services, but we don't want to have IIS running on this system. THanks -jy You can disable the NNTP, HTTP, and SMTP services after you have finished installing the Exchange management tools. They are not necessary for the tool to work, just for it to be installed. -- Jim McBee Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com "JY" <jasperyue@msn.com> wrote in message news:ukUq$hhjFHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is IIS needed after installing Exchange 2003 Ma...

How to change icon for my application

How to change newsgroup message font

Which one first?Install Windows Server 2003 SP1 or Exchange SP2 ?
Hi, We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. We planned to update the software in terms of patches, so which one should I do first, the OS patches (SP1 and onwards) or the Exchange patches ? Rgrds, Zul If it was me do the OS first. "Zul J" <mlist@istar.com.my> wrote in message news:%23AeXnXErFHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. We planned to update > the software in terms of patches, so which one should I do first, the OS > patches (SP1 and onwards) or the Exchange patches ? > ...

migration from lotus to exchange #2
hello maybe someone help i have a lotus domino server v5 and i wanna migrate to exchange 2000 or 2003 (serwer Microsoft 2000 server) maybe someone have some document about this please send me information where i can find that documents thanks ...

Outlook 2003 MSKSrver.exe! RUNS ALL TIME HOGS MEMORY!
Outlook 2003 Too Slow! I used the MicroSoft task manager to find-out what all the action in the background is! MSKSrver.exe RUNS ALL the time at 85 to 95 CPU and the CPU total usage is near 100% ALL the time with nothing major running but MSKSrver.exe! Whenever I try to do anything else, the new application takes forever to get going as it must compete with MSKSrver.exe! Why is that database server working all the time? What is it doing? I do not use "Favorite Folders" or "Business Contact Manager" yet, though those are areas show in MAIL, empty. I don'...

Mail Merge Publications as E-mails in Publishher 2003
I don't know what I'm missing but I'm sure someone can set me straight. 1) I want to send a Publisher e-mail template to people in my Outlook contacts. I'm familiar with mail merging in Word. 2) When I go through the mail merging process in Publisher, I see no option to actually send it as an e-mail. 3) I end up with a merge that has individual publications but no option to send these as e-mails. 4) If I do a similiar process in Word, at some point after I select that I want an e-mail, I get an option following through with the e-mail procedure. 5) I have read several post...

Change a formula to an acual number

CDO crashes OL 2003
Hello, I've installed Exchange Server 5.5 SP4 and additionally CDO Hotfix KB818709 solving interworking problems with Outlook 2003. CDO works fine as long as I use OL Xp or ealier or do not start OL 2003 on the same development system. If OL2003 is started then the following simple CDO code crashes OL 2003 when accessing the basic session properties: Dim oCdoSession: Set oCdoSession CreateObject("MAPI.Session") oCdoSession.Logon "", "", False, False msgbox oCdoSession.Name & " " & oCdoSession.CurentUser.Name After OL crashes the oCdoSessi...

How do I remove an Exchange 2000 server?
I have built a new Exchange 2000 standard server to replace an existing one. within a few days I'm going to be ready to get rid of the original server as all the users and public folders will have been moved over. How do I gracefully uninstall the origianl Exchange server so that AD, the new Exchange server, etc. are all happy and working well? I can't find a TechNet article on this topic so any information would be very welcome. -- Bettie http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307917 On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:59:01 -0700, "Bettie Claxton" <Betti...

Inserting Video in FP 2003
I am trying to insert a .wmv file and a mp4 files using the Insert Menu, Picture, Video option. When I go into the Preview tab, I can only see the red square, blue triangle, green circle icon. (Video error icon?) I have already installed the WMP add-in for FP. I have Windows media player 11 installed. There are not large files - so it shouldn't take long to load. I tried to just drag the file over in FP and it seemed to create a Hyperlink, but when I previewed it, it still did not work. What else can I do to get these videos inserted on my web page? Thanks What...

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?