Change default email domain name in 5.5

The company I work for is changing its name and I have been tasked to change
the Exchange 5.5 servers' default email domain name.  We currently receive
mail at three addresses, oldname.com, newname.com and mail.oldname.com.  The
server was originally built on oldname.com.  As such, whenever email is sent
from the server, the reply to address is oldname.com.  How do I change this
to newname.com?  We only have around 40 or so recipients so manually
changing the default smtp info is no big deal.  Is there a MS tech bulletin
on how to do this?
Thanks for any and all help
Dave

0
dflaugher (4)

In the properties of the users mailbox, highlight the address you want to be
the reply address and click the "Set as reply address" option at the bottom.
The reply address will be the one in bold.

1. Start the Exchange Server Administrator program and locate the user
   whose e-mail address alias you want to change.

2. Right-click the user and click Properties.

3. Click the E-mail Address tab, click New, click Internet Address, and
then click OK.

4. Click the address, and then click to select the "Set as Reply Address".

Thanks,
Fitz Crittle

Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup

"Dave" <dflaugher@nospamstanhope.com> wrote in message
> The company I work for is changing its name and I have been tasked to
> change
> the Exchange 5.5 servers' default email domain name.  We currently receive
> mail at three addresses, oldname.com, newname.com and mail.oldname.com.
> The
> server was originally built on oldname.com.  As such, whenever email is
> sent
> from the server, the reply to address is oldname.com.  How do I change
> this
> to newname.com?  We only have around 40 or so recipients so manually
> changing the default smtp info is no big deal.  Is there a MS tech
> bulletin
> on how to do this?
> Thanks for any and all help
> Dave

0
fitzcrit (97)

OWA: how to login without entering domain?
Hi, we have recently update from OWA 5.5 and Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 and OWA, before migration, we can log in to OWA 5.5 using user - password, with default domain configured in exchange 5.5 IIS. now in Exchange 2003, with the default domain option configured, we cannot log in and we have to use domain\user - password what can we do? the configuration is similar, thanks and regards First article in http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?catalog=LCID%3D1033&1033comm=1&spid=global&query=owa+default+domain&pwt=false&title=false&kt=ALL&mdt=0&res=...

External data link change

AddIn Functions Have File Path and #NAME? Error
Hello, How do I get Excel 2007 to drop the file path on formulas with Excel addin functions in them? I've just upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007 on XP and am having some trouble with my Excel addin workbook functions. There are a number of addins that are kept in a directory on the computer, C:\ExcelAddins. They are updated from time to time and so everyone has them in this directory on there computer so IT can upload updates. After the Office 2007 upgrade I added all these addins to Excel 2007. In 2003 I would be able to access the addin functions by typing in the name and pa...

Default Company at Login
What determines the default company that is displayed to the user at login? Is it simply alphabetical or is there somewhere to set as the default? i.e if we have 3 companies ABC-Company, 123_Company and All Other Company, Inc., can All Other Company, Inc. be forced as the default presented to the user? Thanks ------=_NextPart_0001_70567BB1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit If there is only 1 company in the list, the list will default to that company. If there is more than 1 company, nothing will default. You could do this trivially with Dexterity if you are o...

Why does the change change to a number?

If my System.IO.StreamWriter Write method throws "The specified network name is no longer available." and I try to Dispose or Close it in the finaly clause the close or dispose method just throws "The
If my System.IO.StreamWriter Write method throws "The specified network name is no longer available." and I try to Dispose or Close it in the finaly clause the close or dispose method just throws "The specified network name is no longer available." again. how to clean this up? after this the stream writer is stuck connected until i restart my process. ...

incoming emails ok but can't send emails
I recently added a ES 2003 to an Exchange 5.5 org. and so far so good. Now I want to decomission 5.5 but when I stopped the services (as a test), I can't send email anymore but receiving works fine. - Telnet on exch2003 server port 25 is responding - nslookup works fine returning the proper MX record in the domain from outside I changed the MX record on the internal DNS server to point to the new ES 2003. I know MX records are related to incoming messages. So what did I miss ? TIA The 5.5 server still has an IMS. Add an SMTP Connector to the Ex2003 server and increase the co...

Track Changes

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Automatically move original email to folder on reply
When replying to messages, I want the original email to be automatically moved to a folder within my mailbox. I have played around with the inbox rules however, it appears I can only automatically move a copy of my sent message to a designated folder, and not my original message. Each time I reply to messages I want them moved to folder x. I know I could just create a rule to move them all into folder x before I read them however, I want to leave my unreplied messages in my inbox so I know which messages still need responses. Any help much appreciated!! Thanks. You should be abl...

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

Updating Contacts via Email
Can anyone recommend software that will send info update requests to everyone in my contacts folder and integrate their replies automatically? I found a program called Contacts Clinic, but I can't find any sort of review of it. Does it work? Is there a better alternative? I'm not looking forward to the prospect of calling every number in there to update manually. ...

OWA as default web page
I have a front end server I'm using for OWA. I would like to configure IIS to default to the login prompt when the user hits the web server, without having to type "/exchange". For example: https://webserver.domain instead of https://webserver.domain/exchange Is there a way to configure this? Thanks The article below describes how to redirect the Default Web page to point to the Exchange virtual directory. 319878 XWEB: How to Make Outlook Web Access the Default Web Site http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319878 >-----Original Message----- >I have a front end server...

using IMAP and Outlook to share folders on 5.5 SP4?
I've got a client with 5.5 SP4 who wants to be able to drag an email from his inbox to a shared folder that his assistant can access. The server is outside their network, so can only use IMAP or POP3 I tried opening up port 143 for IMAP and created a new public folder using Outlook. I can see this new folder using Exchange Administrator app. When I drag an email from the Outlook inbox into the new public folder, I get a msg of: Can't move the items. The server responded: REFERRAL imap://userName:AUTH="@server.com/Public/%20Folders/Test] there is no replica for that mailbox o...

How to change newsgroup message font

Cant send emails 06-04-10
I get the following message: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'free movies', Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E How do I fix it so I can get emails. ...

Change a formula to an acual number

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?

How to permanently redirect an exchange smtp email account to third party address.
I have been successful with creating a server side outlook rule that will redirect all inbound email and also delete it. This is fine but the email ends up in the profiles sent folder and deleted items. Attempting to add the "delete permanetly" rule does not work because the rule is client based, and we dont want the outlook client to be running permanetly. This account is not managed and I do not want to have to manually log in and clean it out eventually. In the UNIX world Its a simple creation of an alias... Again how would I create an email redirect within Exchange without t...

some replies come from default account
Some email replies from me come from the address to which the email was sent and others come from my default address. For example if I reply to a message that came to kozmo@thisaddress.com, the reply comes from kozmo@defaultaddress.com. I can change it manually for each reply but that's a pain and if I forget to it's a problem. Not all messages behave this way. Some come from the correct "reply from" address. I can't figure out what the difference is for those that come from the correct address. I'm using OL2000 on XP, Internet Mail Only. Any ideas what'...