Certain mails going to bad mail folder no error other than 0x80004005

Got SBS with Exchange 2003, ISA 2004 - all updated to latest SP's.

Most of our mail has started going to the bad mail folder, initially
thought it was something to do with attachments, we also have GFI Mail
Essentials, Mail Security and Mail Archiving installed - disabled those
to no avail.

Most of the mail is ending up in the bad mail folder with a BDR report
with the above string in.  (I had to re-enable the bad mail folder
after the SP update to see what was going on - although that doesnt
help).

My ISP says their server is relaying everything to ours okay, they have
no exchange experience, but said "Some servers require PTR records to
be shown before accepting mail from them." however some mail from some
domains is getting through?

I've read other news group posts saying that 0x80004005 errors arent
solved without a full re-install, i'm sure it doesnt need to be this
drastic!!

Chris

Anything relevant in App or Sys Event logs or in SMTP logs?

Rogue wrote:
> Got SBS with Exchange 2003, ISA 2004 - all updated to latest SP's.
>
> Most of our mail has started going to the bad mail folder, initially
> thought it was something to do with attachments, we also have GFI Mail
> Essentials, Mail Security and Mail Archiving installed - disabled those
> to no avail.
>
> Most of the mail is ending up in the bad mail folder with a BDR report
> with the above string in.  (I had to re-enable the bad mail folder
> after the SP update to see what was going on - although that doesnt
> help).
>
> My ISP says their server is relaying everything to ours okay, they have
> no exchange experience, but said "Some servers require PTR records to
> be shown before accepting mail from them." however some mail from some
> domains is getting through?
>
> I've read other news group posts saying that 0x80004005 errors arent
> solved without a full re-install, i'm sure it doesnt need to be this
> drastic!!
>
> Chris

0
kpalagin (1838)
1/15/2006 7:30:56 PM
"Rogue" <roguerogan@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Got SBS with Exchange 2003, ISA 2004 - all updated to latest SP's.
>
>Most of our mail has started going to the bad mail folder, initially
>thought it was something to do with attachments, we also have GFI Mail
>Essentials, Mail Security and Mail Archiving installed - disabled those
>to no avail.

Disabled != Uninstalled.

The 0x80004005 is a pretty generic error, one that's usually thrown
when the software doesn't know what else to do. Disabling 3rd-party
software doesn't always remove the "hooks" it puts into the Exchange
and O/S software.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
richnews (7316)
1/15/2006 8:12:12 PM
Event Type:	Warning
Event Source:	Microsoft Firewall
Event Category:	Packet filter
Event ID:	15108
Date:		13/01/2006
Time:		16:10:19
User:		N/A
Computer:	SERVER
ISA Server detected a spoof attack from Internet Protocol (IP) address
192.168.16.45. A spoof attack occurs when an IP address that is not
reachable via the interface on which the packet was received. If
logging for dropped packets is set, you can view details in the packet
filter log.

Getting hundreds of those from various machines?!  SMTP log looks fine

"Rogue" <roguerogan@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Event Type:	Warning
>Event Source:	Microsoft Firewall
>Event Category:	Packet filter
>Event ID:	15108
>Date:		13/01/2006
>Time:		16:10:19
>User:		N/A
>Computer:	SERVER
>ISA Server detected a spoof attack from Internet Protocol (IP) address
>192.168.16.45. A spoof attack occurs when an IP address that is not
>reachable via the interface on which the packet was received. If
>logging for dropped packets is set, you can view details in the packet
>filter log.
>
>For more information, see Help and Support Center at
>http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
>

>Getting hundreds of those from various machines?!  SMTP log looks fine

I'd guess that your internal network is 92.168.16.0? If that's so,
you've got something sending packets to the wrong interface on the ISA
server.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

This is probably unrelevant. Look for events from "smtpsvc" in Sys Event
log. Is that for incoming or outgoing messages?

Rogue wrote:
> Event Type:	Warning
> Event Source:	Microsoft Firewall
> Event Category:	Packet filter
> Event ID:	15108
> Date:		13/01/2006
> Time:		16:10:19
> User:		N/A
> Computer:	SERVER
> ISA Server detected a spoof attack from Internet Protocol (IP) address
> 192.168.16.45. A spoof attack occurs when an IP address that is not
> reachable via the interface on which the packet was received. If
> logging for dropped packets is set, you can view details in the packet
> filter log.

> Getting hundreds of those from various machines?!  SMTP log looks fine

0
kpalagin (1838)

Public Folder error #5
Hello. I currently have no public folders, but I would like to add one. Every time I open System Manager and click on Folders, I get the following error: Error ID number: c1030af7 Error Message The operation failed because of an HTTP error 501 (Not implemented). Verify that the ExAdmin virtual root exists on the destination server. I have tried this fix: Troubleshooting • Check to see if the exadmin directory exists in IIS under the default Web site. If it does not, at a command prompt in the \inetpub\adminscripts folder, type cscript adsutil.vbs delete ds2mb and press ENTER. Thi...

0x800ccc0f and 0x80042108 errors
On my laptop I use wireless network connection and have two email accounts on my Outlook - Home & Work. When I am at home or at a colleagues place, I can send and receive on both accounts with no problem. But, when I come to my place of work it does not receive from the Home account. I get the error 0x800ccc0f. Connection to the server interupted. I disabled my Norton for incoming mail and it came back with the error 0x80042108. Unable to connect to incoming POP3 server. What can I do to rectify this? I created the Work account recently, after Norton had been installed. Rayasiom &l...

Outlook 2002 will Not save messages into Inbox folder
I am receiving Email and I get the notice that new mail has arrived and if I want to read it. I say OK and I am able to read the Email but after closing the message the header is Not saved in the Inbox folder therefore I cannot read at a later time. Any help is appreciated Mimis <Mimis> wrote: > I am receiving Email and I get the notice that new mail has arrived > and if I want to read it. I say OK and I am able to read the Email > but after closing the message the header is Not saved in the Inbox > folder therefore I cannot read at a later time. > Any help is apprecia...

2 contacts folders with the same name, but I see just 1 of them, How to delete the 2nd?
Hi, In my outlook 2000, I managed to create a contact folder twice with the same name (I don't know how, but I did). Now both folders appear when I click on the "To" button in a new e-mail. One of them contains my contacts and the other is empty. I want to delete the empty one. The problem is that one one of those 2 folders appear under contacts and it's the one that contains my contacts (not the empty one). How can I delete the empty one? Thanks ThunderMusic Very odd. I'd love to know how you did that. You should post your mail support mode before we try anythin...

Not going to pay for it!
Firstly I apologies if this isnt in the right newsgroup but I am stuck...! I understand that there is an issue with attaching email signatures in Exchange due to the fact that Outlook uses MAPI not SMTP when sending an email. I have also seen VB/VBS code to create a component to attach text to outgoing emails but this only works for the SMTP emails (web access I assume). These companies that make software that can interface with MAPI emails must use some sort of MAPI based code to affect the emails. I would like to know how to do it. I am an app developer and have done a bit with MAP...

deliver mails to a specific account #2
Hi, I am working on outlook 2003, I have 2 profiles, I want to deliver all new mail to the inbox for 1 profile and for the second profile I want to deliver all new mail to a personal folder. How can I do it? Thanks ...

Help: Outlook changes Outlook express mail program
I just installed Office 2003 and I use OE as my mail default client. For whatever reason every time I reboot the computer Microsoft changes all my OE icons to Outlook icons. When I open the program Outlook opens and not OE. Does anyone know how to permanently stop this ? Why is it doing that ? Thank you. Multiposted and answered in the other newsgroups where posted --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "car crash" <carcrash1@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:1175729373.53801...

Public Folder Assistant Advanced Properties
On upgrading from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003 whilst using Exchange 5.5 we have discovered the following problem. When selecting the properties of a public folder and going to Administration > Folder Assistant > Edit Rule > Advanced an error message appears that states "The Advanced Dialog box cannot be opened...". After acknowloging that message, the Advanced box does appear but it is incomplete - the options normally displayed at the bottom of the box are missing. Furthermore, whilst viewing this partially correct Advanced Dialog box and clicking on the 'Forms' ...

e-mail password in not save on exit
Every time I exit Outlook 2002, my password is deleted. I have checked save password each time but it still doesn't save after exiting the program. Anyone know the answer to this one? There have been several issues with passwords not being retained with Outlook. Here are some of the known solutions: For Outlook 2000 or 2002 on Win 98, NT, or 2000: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290684 For Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000: (CW) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;275465 (IMO) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;259416 F...

Message Labs
Hi - I'm passing on the good word to other exchange admins since my company switched to Message Labs. It has FAR outperformed all other traditional smtp gateway a/v scanners at least in my experience - www.messagelabs.com I've deployed it at a 30,000 seat company. Message Labs "skeptic" engine doesn't operate like traditional a/v scanners which require users to report e-mail viruses to the vendor for a pattern update to be released. It uses a 2gb heuristics engine that actually detects unknown, new viruses. ...

Outlook 2003 -- miscellaneous issues, mainly with Offline Folders
Outlook 2003 seems to really dislike Offline folder synchronization if a user receives any virus infected emails (ie. if something has NetSky in it) -- is there a way to prevent the synchs from erroring? They use NAV for Exchange and it should be protecting them so I don't think that's a concern. ...

Can I receive business mail in one folder and private mail in anot
I've setup 2 accounts. A business account that connects to an exchange server, and a privat email-account that connects to a pop3 server. But it seems that when choosing location to deliver new email to, that I can only choose 1 location for all my accounts. In news:D5147485-B627-4565-AD80-17B93154DE88@microsoft.com, The green parrot <The green parrot@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I've setup 2 accounts. A business account that connects to an exchange > server, and a privat email-account that connects to a pop3 server. > But it seems that when choosing location ...

Lots of error installing SP1 for Exchange Server 2003 on my SBS2003
log. The errors appears in the same order 1-2 times every hour. What went wrong. The system seems to work. These are the errors Error nr. 1 Event Type: Erro Event Source: Microsoft Exchange Serve Event Category: Non Event ID: 100 Date: 31-05-200 Time: 07:35:5 User: N/ Computer: MYSERVE Description Faulting application exwmi.dll, version 6.5.7226.0, stamp 406d1e86, faulting module hmonitor.dll, version 2.11.2061.0, stamp 3e6fb1f5, debug? 0, fault address 0x000490b2 For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwli...

e-mail addresses
I have several e-mail addresses. Quite a number of e-mails I receive show the same name in the "From" column as well as the "To" column. How can I determine to which of my addresses the mail was sent? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ What version of Outlook? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In new...

simple DLL code generates error message
I am trying to create an MFC based DLL. When the header declaration listed below is compiled, the following error message is generated: c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio ..NET\Vc7\include\map(143): error C2248: 'CMyClass::CMyClass' : cannot access private member declared in class 'CMyClass' The error does NOT occur under the following conditions: 1. the macro 'AFX_CLASS_EXPORT ' is removed, or 2. a default constructor with no arguments is included in 'CMyClass' 3. if thi...

Put Password on Folder in Win 7
I have Win 7 (64 bit) and want to hide a folder and password protect it. I knew how to do this in XP. I have created a compressed folder (and put the stuff in it I want to password protect. The next step was to double click it and then click Fille/Password Protect. However, when I click File, I do not see the option to password protect. All I see is "Extract All" and "Close". Can someone tell me how to do this in Win 7? Thank you in advance. Bob On Feb 26, 9:18=A0pm, "Bob S" <B...@nospam.com> wrote: > I have Win 7 (64 bit) and...

CRM 3.0 Bulk Import Error
Hey, I'm importing about 21,000+ contacts into CRM. The 1st 1,734 the import aborted. I'm also getting a Low Disk Space warning on the client's hard drive for the CRM Application Server (SQL 2000 is on a separate server). 2 Questions: 1.) Could there low disk space have an effect on the CRM App server? (I wouldn't think so, but...) 2.) The Error # = 0x80070070, does this ring any bells to anyone? We found the same issue after applying rollup 2. Workaround is to open the temp directory on the server and delete the files as fast as they're created so you don't com...

many error messages
I am getting lots of error messages in my Outlook since yesterday. I followed the directions for the Inbox Repair Tool, I un-installed and re-installed the entire Office Suite but I'm still getting these problems. Also, my reminders are either not showing (get an error message that the reminders can't be displayed) or, if they are displayed, when I dismiss or postpone them, I get a message saying that the custom form can't be opened. I have never used a custom form for my reminders. Does anyone know what is going on here or how I can fix this? 1. Receiving' reported er...

Junk folder #2
I loaded Outlook 2002 without the junk folder, I'm pretty sure. It loaded it anyway and I can't get rid of it. It is conflicting with iHateSpam. ...

Error:Object expected , Function:setFocus()
Hi, I am getting a pop up msg. box while saving an activity or incident with values in any lookup fields(ex: From, To ,Regarding frields in Activity). This start happening after UR7 upgrade. when I keep all lookup fields empty and save it's successfull. Please let me know if anybody faced the similar error and got resolved. Error details I am seeing when clicking on 'View the date that will be sent to Microsoft' is, Microsoft Dynamics CRM Error Report Contents <CrmScriptErrorReport> <ReportVersion>1.0</ReportVersion> <ScriptErrorDetails> <Mess...

Mail Merging
Hey, New to the forum so hello to everyone. Right, my problem is this. I have a spreadsheet that contains a list of people and all of their monthly payments to something. Each monthly payment has 8 possible additions to it. Their are approximately 50 payment dates which means each member potentially has 464+ fields in their records. Because excel only goes upto IV in the columns i dont have enough space to have the records going across so they go down. But i need to take all of these payments and put them into a statement (using mail merge because their are 400 people) but because the first...

Encrypted e-mails
We have one of our customers whom requires all e-mails sent between our organization and theirs be encrypted. I have created Digital IDs for the users who deal with this customer. My question is the following: Is there a way to have a server based rule (Exchange Server 5.5) that will take an inbound encrypted message to one user and then forward it to another user (internal) without any encryption? Basically if one of our employees is out of the office we would like to be about to forward their e-mail to another employee. The issue is with the encrypted e-mail, the employee is not about t...

setoption fails with error 12018
I have found some references to this problem, but no actual solutions that work for me, so here it goes again. I am trying to programmatically connect to an ftp-server using a proxy. I have to pass the proxy username and password to the internet session. Using mfc CInternetSession::SetOption() or the SDK function InetrnetSetOption() with the option INTERNET_OPTION_PROXY_USERNAME or INTERNET_OPTION_PROXY_PASSWORD results in an error 12018, meaning that the handle is not valid. This is the MFC code that I am using: inet=new CInternetSession(NULL,1,INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PROXY,proxyName,proxyBypass...

AR2 OR AutoReply 2 error
I have a user whose autoreply sends two responses and one of them reads "AR2" i the subject line. Anyone know how to fix this problem? Configuration is: Windows 2000 Server Service Pack 4 Exchange 2000 Server Service Pack 3 Microsoft Outlook 2002 Service Pack 1 (I think) We have recently migrated from: MS Windows NT Small Business Edition 4.5 Exchange 5.5 which is part of SBS Thank you in advance. Tanya ...

Exchange 2000
When I reboot one of my Exchange 2000/SP3 servers (Windows 2000/SP4), I get an email from WIN@SERVERNAME, with a subject of "Error" on "Servername" "SERVERNAME" has reported a "Error". Reported status is: Queues - "Unknown" Drives - "Unknown" Services - "Error" Memory - "Unknown" CPU - "Unknown" WMI is running. The wbemcore.log (partially shown below) does list several lines with error 80041002. I looked that error up in the MS KB and found article KB316753, but the version of the wlbsprov.dll that...