CEICW FAILS

I need some help i have SBS2003 Exchange sp2 running and using smtp.

It have work for several month but now all the incoming e-mail message are
stuck in the Message waiting to be routed queue in a Active state.
After one to three hours the email are delivered to the users inbox.
outgoing mail are ok.

And I have try to run CEICW and it fails at the email configuration.
And I cant see any error in the icwlog.txt
What can I do to fix this.  Please help.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

/Thanks A lot

0
slo (2)

downloads fail on vista
Hi, I am managing a web server. It has some applications for download. The problem is, on some vista machines the downloads are failing. Sometimes a couple of files are missing, sometimes only a couple get downloaded. Any idea how I could go about fixing something like this?. I am looking for general tips on managing a web server. A little about me - I am C++ developer and a computer scientist. I have never had to go anywhere near servers and never had to work on vista either. My problem is I don't what the taps are - I mean where are the logs, any developer tools that can ...

Failed to install ocx on another PC
Hi: I have an activex control (my_control.ocx) developed using MFC on Windows XP. It can be installed using regsvr32 on the development machine without problem. But if I copy the control to another PC (which also has MFC dlls installed), say: C:\Temp\my_control.ocx, it does not register. The regsvr32 returns message "cannot find my_control.ocx"; even I was running the regsvr32 at C:\Temp directory. Also tried regsvr32 c:\temp\my_control.ocx. Any input is appreciated. Thanks Polaris Try using depends.exe to see what the working version loads and compare it to the non working v...

Some contact GUID's fail contact.Retrieve()
I have a list of GUIDs that exist in the contactBase table (contactID field. All of these GUIDs are valid entries in the table but when I use contact.Retrieve() some fail and cause a general MS CRM error while others execute just fine. Any ideas? // strServer should be set with the name of the platform Web server string strServer = "crm"; // virtualDirectory should be set with the name of the Microsoft CRM // virtual directory on the platform Web server string virtualDirectory = "mscrmservices"; string strDir = "http://" + strServer + "/" + virtualDir...

TransparentBlt fail in some printer devices
Hi, I need print a bitmap with transparency, I am using a function of CImage TransparentBlt and this works fine in a lot of printer devices and the bitmaps are displayed fine in the screen. However in some printer devices TransparentBlt function return false and therefore the image is no printed. How can I know if one printer will print with transparency or not? Why in some printer devices TransparentBlt fail? I am comparing the values that function GetDeviceCaps are returning in a printer device that it print the bitmaps with transparency fine with other printer than the Trans...

how to get Outlook Express to continue after failing to read a newsgroup message
I use outlook express as a newsreader. Sometimes I want to get the entire server holdings of a particular newsgroup. Trouble is, OE seems to snag when it was able to read a message header but for some reason it can't retrieve the body. It snags with Outlook Express could not download the requested message. It is likely that the message was removed or expired from the server. Subject 'Simple security??', Account: 'news.nevrona.com', Server: 'news.nevrona.com', Protocol: NNTP, Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800C006F and the only op...

Win2k3 patches failed
Hi I am working in an AD win2k3 R2 SP2 domain with a PDCE and a DC. I just tried to update patches on the DC logged in as a Domain admin and most of the patches failed. When I checked, it was insufficient privs. I launched secpol to try to verify permisions for the account I was using and when I opened 'user rights assignment' there was an info note at the bottom of the pane that said "this setting is not compatible with computers running windows 2000" and the option to add users was grayed out. As I mentioned before, We're running Win2k3 R2 SP2. This ma...

CEICW FAILS
I need some help i have SBS2003 Exchange sp2 running and using smtp. It have work for several month but now all the incoming e-mail message are stuck in the Message waiting to be routed queue in a Active state. After one to three hours the email are delivered to the users inbox. outgoing mail are ok. And I have try to run CEICW and it fails at the email configuration. And I cant see any error in the icwlog.txt What can I do to fix this. Please help. Any ideas would be appreciated. /Thanks A lot ...

Failed to install MS CRM
I have attempted to install MS CRM for my company for the purpose of evaluation of this product. It gets part of the way for the provisioning phase then aborts with the following errors: 1. "Installation ended prematurely because of an error." And 2. "Failed to install Customer Relationship Management Server. Failed to install MSI part of Microsoft CRM server Setup Unspecified error (80004005)" Hardware: Intel Pentium III 450 MHZ RAM : 192 MB Window Server : MS Window Server 2003 Exchage Server : Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition SQL : SQL ...

my install failed where do I go now
Hi, I attempted to install Exchange 2003 onto a Server2003 machine that is the ADC for the network. There is an existing Exchange 5.5 server on a different server running NT4. I had some issues during the install because I did not have my DNS configured properly. One of the issues was that I was not able to do a complete install of Exchange 2003. I am not sure where to go from here. Article KB 839356 "How to roll back a failed migration from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 or to Exchange 2003" says that the first thing I should do is move all of the mailboxes back to the ori...

Cannot install MS CRM 3.0c laptopclient
Hi, I'm trying to install the latest laptop client onto my PC, I uninstalled the previous client and also made sure I removed the old MSDE database, however on the prerequisites SQL Server Express (crm) fails to install given the error message: No encryption key is available. A well-known encryption key was returned. Various searches on the internet have not shed any light on what this error message means or how to resolve the problem, has anyone else encountered this? Jon Jon, to be able to help you, I need following info. 1. What is version of CRM laptop client? 2. What is your PC&...

rpcping failed
I have followed all the instructions on using rpc over http on my exchange server. I'm running Windows 2003 SP1 and Exchange server 2003 SP2 std I have a different AD server as the global catalog it is running Std server 2003 SP1. I have a trusted certificate installed on the RPC server. Here is the change to registry My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Rpc\RpcProxy PCEXCHANGE2 is the name of the exchange server COMAPNY.LOCAL is the local domain COMPANY.COM is the internet domain ADSVR is the Active Directory server that is the global catalog PCEXCHANGE2:100-5000; PCEXCHA...

Add-in Manager fails ...
The Microsoft Outlook Add-in Manager will not install the ECF add-ins. Most importantly I wish to add the Rules Wizard. The proper steps will not implement the addition -- open file dialog window results in no new items on the add-in manager window and I am not getting the wizard installed. Thank you very much ... gjf What version of Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Godfrey J. Fies <glf@oaktreesysdev.com> asked: | The Microsoft Outlook Add-in Man...

crm sbs install failed
I receieved the following error. Failed to install MSI part of CRM Server Set up 80004005 A possible cause could be that I lost network connectivity during the end of the install. what should I do next? any help would be appreciated. Thanks In Advance, Steve Check that you have the framework installed correctly. I had same problem with installation, because the framework SP 2 msi failed to update the .net framework. Hope it helps >-----Original Message----- >I receieved the following error. > >Failed to install MSI part of CRM Server Set up > >80004005 > >A po...

CFrameWnd->GetActiveView() Fails
How does the CFrameWnd->m_pActiveView member function get attached? I am creating a CFrameWnd object with CRuntimeClass->CreateObject(), and passing it a my RUNTIME_CLASS( myViewClass) View class in the CCreateContext->m_pNewViewClass member when I pass the CreateContext argument to LoadFrame(). Everything works fine when run ActivateFrame(), View and Frame functioning normally. However, when I call CFrameWnd->GetActiveView(), which only returns its member m_pActiveView, it returns NULL. Tracing through MFC source, I noticed that when the View object is created, it doesn&#...

Upload Failed
Windows 7 - I posted one message on the Microsoft Community, it appeared to have posted ok, but now every time I open Windows Live Mail I get a dialog bog showing that task with a Red X, and that it Failed. How do I get rid of that, stop it from popping up? Earl Are you talking about your edit contact thread - we got it . . .. . . we responded too. Are you clicking on the "Contact" item on the left side of the main "Edit Contact" window? "Earl Partridge" <earlp@pearnet.com> wrote in message news:uLW33yzqKHA.728@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gb...

email failing to recieve from POP3 server
I am having problems recieving email from 2 diffirent POP3 servers. The following is the error message that pop up for both POP 3 accounts (different servers). I have no problem sending. The error message: Task 'Quikserve - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x80042108): 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). Thank You for any help or suggestions. ...

Windows pdate Status: Failed

opration failed a objeck cound not be found #2
jeff <jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> Do you have a question? If so, post it in the body of the message, specifying your Outlook version, account type, exactly what you ARE doing, what you WANT to do, what folder you are in, what view you are using, and the EXACT text of any errors you get. -- Brian Tillman ...

MS Exchange and failed relay for secondary domain
I need to add a second domain set of e-mail addresses to our Exchange server. I have updated all MX records as required on the domain and added the second domain to the default recipient policy on the server. When trying to send an e-mail from outside our organization to the new address I receive: Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for newuseraddress@newdomain.com Remote-MTA: 192.168.8.17 When I telnet to the mailserver and use helo to try to send to the new address I receive: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for newuseraddress@newdomain.com The checkbox is checked in the defau...

Connection filtering fails when...
the spammer sends to multiple non-existent recipients (about 57 non-existent recipients in less than two seconds). As you can see, tar pitting fails when the spammer blasts a bunch of these emails. When I get hit by this spammer I usually get a virus but Symantec Anti-Virus Corporate Edition catches it. I'm worried that at some point in the future that there'll be a new virus that Symantec won't catch! Apply Sender, Recipient, and Connection are all check marked. If needed I can post my SMTP log. How do I deny the connection from this IP? Stacey TechNet Plus subscriber...

vlookup fails, and previous ones also now fail!
I sent a file to a colleague that has several vlookups in it so that she could adapt it for her reports. For some reason the vlookup has stopped working (it was OK when she first started changing values). For example, the first vlookup is =VLOOKUP(U4,'Audit tool'!$C$1:$F$514,2,0). In cell U4 is the text 1.1, and the vlookup returns the value appropriate from the audit tool sheet. In the next row is 1.2 and so on. If I change cell U4 to 1.2, it returns #NA, and if I retype 1.1 it still won't return a value. I opened another spreadsheet with lookups in and the same...

The Operation Failed...
I have an Office 2003 SP3 installation on a Terminal Server of mine and when a user double-clicks an attachment it opens. When they double-click the same attachment a 2nd (and any subsequent times) it gives an error message "The Operation Failed." That's it... nothing else. To be able to open this attachment all one needs to do is restart Outlook. But if you try to open it more than once the same error is displayed. I have disabled AV, re-created the profile and ran Detect & Repair. None of these have helped. I have also ran Filemon/Regmon and neither gives a clu...

Which email wizard should I use
I'm confused. Topology: PowerEdge / SBS 23k SP1 / SBS DHCP server / single NIC direct connection to Broadband DSL with PPPoE / Hardware firewall / Backend MS Exchange / Dynamic DNS ISP. Users can access the Internet. Users can log on to the domain locally and remotely through SBS's vpn The Exchange server cannot send e-mail messages, but can receive e-mail messages. Ran the Internet Mail Wizard last week, in Exchange, which created two SMTP virtual servers and connectors, which were later removed. Re-running Exchange's IMW produces: "Selected server cannot be setup b...

Failed Updates
I'm trying to update Vista Home Premium, on a laptop I have just purchased. Everything seems to have gone fine, apart from several updates which have failed. Some of the failed updates are: Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (KB948465) Update for Windows Live Sign-In Assistant (KB967912) Security Update For Windows Vista (KB967723) Security Update For Windows Vista (KB970710) In total there are 43 failed updates, the majority of which are listed as "Important". So, my question is how do I get these installed? I've followed the troubleshooting tips but can'...

OLE Server fail to show the file in Browser.
Hi All, I have made a SDI Project using MFC AppWizard as - In Step 6, I have Selected CHtmlView as Base class of View class. In Browser View, I show WORD files. Sometimes a WORD file (may be corrupted or due to any other reason) can not be shown by WORD. Then, an Error Page "The page can not be displayed" shown in the Browser View. This is due to OLE server (in this case MS WORD) failure. Instead of this page, I want to to do some else activity. HOW CAN I FIND THAT FILE IS SHOWN CORRECTLY OR NOT IN BROWSER ? Plz, Reply ASAP. BEST REGARDS, ...