CDOEXM removing exchange attributes

Hi, I can't seem to find a remove exchange attributes within the CDOEXM com
object. Would anyone know of such a method, that is I would like to first
remove then re-add exchange attributes to a few hundred users.

thx jason

0
comp.techs (18)

I don't believe there is anything in CDOEXM that is equivalent to "Remove
attributes" the closest this would be the old killuser utility which you can
get from
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/pss/tools/Exchange%20Support%20Tools/killmailuser/
.. The list of attributes this removes is not as comprehensive as "Remove
attributes"  eg http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307350/EN-US/.

Cheers
Glen

"jason.sigurdur" <comp.techs@aspenview.org> wrote in message
> Hi, I can't seem to find a remove exchange attributes within the CDOEXM
> com object. Would anyone know of such a method, that is I would like to
> first remove then re-add exchange attributes to a few hundred users.
>
> thx jason

0
gscales (8)

Exchange 2003 and SRS
We recovered an Exchange 2003 server from a hardware failure. All went well. When we ran a new ntbackup job, and just verified it works, we got an SRS error. So we did a new job and did not select the SRS stuff. Will this be a problem? SRS is only necessary if we still have exchange 5.5 in the organization? Is this correct? Thanks! On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 08:27:24 -0600, "Dan J.S." <smeski@gmail.com> wrote: >We recovered an Exchange 2003 server from a hardware failure. All went well. >When we ran a new ntbackup job, and just verified it works, we got an SRS >err...

Removing pennies
I need to remove the pennies from the numbers in a column. I know I can format the cells so the decimal places do not show but I need to actually remove the cents so all numbers show in whole dollars. Help! Jody wrote: > I need to remove the pennies from the numbers in a column. > I know I can format the cells so the decimal places do not > show but I need to actually remove the cents so all > numbers show in whole dollars. Help! Hi Jody try =ROUND(A1,0) where A1 stores your dollar value (this will round your dollar amount). If you just want to remove the decimals try =TRUNC(A...

Accidentally Removed an Attachment
A user right clicked an attachment and chose Remove instead of Save As in an Outlook 2002 email. Is there a way to get the attachment back? Check the Outlook deleted items and the temporary folder? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Doreen asked: | A user right clicked an attachment and chose Remove instead of Save | As in an Outlook 2002 email. Is there a way to get the attac...

Outlook Express removing attachments
I have been receiving e-mails with attachments and when I open the e-mail, I get a message that says 'OE has removed the attachments'. I assume it has something to do with virus protection. Does anybody know how to get around this if I know it's from a trusted source? It's happenign from several senders. Would appreciate a response at mark.setzler(removethis)@areojet.com. ...

Remove the Settings from the left navigation
Hello, One of our depatments needs to see a custom entity and customers in CRM. They also only want to see a specific left nav name, signifies the department name "claims". They don't want to see any other entitiy sales, marketing, service, settings. I configured the sitemap to add their department name "claims". So now a specific user sees only "claims" on the left nav bar. I configured a new security role called claims and gave it access to custom entity, but I have 2 problems. Problem 1: When I log in as a user I see "settings" on ...

Remove caption that states which printer you are printing to.
I have been asked how to get rid of the caption that tells you what printer you are sending your printing to. "Sue" <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42E9E6E2-756C-4827-8DEF-EF3E2C48139D@microsoft.com > I have been asked how to get rid of the caption that tells you what > printer you are sending your printing to. I would suggest that's a WINDOWS problem not Outlook. ...

Exchange documentation contradiction
Hi all, In the MSExchange blog here http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/10/02/429053.aspx they very clearly say that the RUS is gone. Yet in article http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=931328 referenced in the Rollup 3 fixes, they clearly DO talk about a RUS. Please, does the RUS exist or not in Exchange 2007? Thanks -- Tim. On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 10:17:55 -0400, "Tim Munro" <Excelsior@Liamtoh.moc> wrote: >Hi all, > In the MSExchange blog here >http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/10/02/429053.aspx they very clearly >say...

CDOEXM Installation
What is the easiest method for installing the Exchange CDO Com classes? I am writing a simple VBScript to add an Exchange 2003 mailbox to a newly created account and I don't really want to install the Exchange Admin tools on the Account Operators desktop. Any suggestions? ...

can't remove old filter added to each new personal folder
A while back I put in a view filter on my personal folders and thought I had removed it. Now when I create a new personal folder, it contains this filter. I have removed the filter from the Current View in each of my Personal folders but can't get it to stop appearing in new folders (and sometimes reappearing in existing one.) How can I change this?? Thanks, Hal ...

Update GAL exchange 5.5
HI How to update Global Address list in Exchange server 5.5 with service pack 4. Thanks Shaikh Not sure what you mean by update GAL? SusanV "Shaikh" <smahaboob@dishnet.com> wrote in message news:ebaAdEjuDHA.3416@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > HI > > How to update Global Address list in Exchange server 5.5 with service pack > 4. > > Thanks > Shaikh > > > I mean , i want to update my GAL so that old e-mail address which is deleated will remove form GAL. the reson is i am getting junk mails to old E-mail box's which r removed and system ...

Can't remove Exch 2003 servers
I have a couple of old Exchange 2003 servers that are no longer on the network for some reason or another. They have not been in the production environment for almost a year. When I tried to remove them using the Exchange system manager I get an error message saying that "One or more users currently use a mailbox store on this server." Being that these servers have been off-line for a year, could there possibly be any implications to just deleting them both? Thanks, -- James have you see this? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924170/en-us -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Ja...

Outlook to exchange 2003 problem
Hi. I've just finished installing Exchange 2003 server but have a problem connecting outlook from a client pc to the exchange server. OWA is working fine. I get the following msg. when I configure the exchange properties in outlook when I do check name. "The name could not be resolved. The action could not be completed." I've had a look at the microsoft knowledge base but found very little info on this. Has anyone had this problem? I'm sure I'm just forgetting some configuration. Plz any ideas? JB "Cyber-Guy" <cyber-guy@netmadeira.com> wrote in ...

Remove Investments Without Removing Account
There are Investments showing on my Home Page, that are closed accounts. Since they are closed accounts I don't want to see them unless I want to access their accounts or reclassify them as open accounts. How do I remove them from the Investment Summary or any watch investment page without removing the actual account itself. I am using Money2004 on a Windows Home XP OS. Thanks. Frank ...

Book for Exchange Design
Im looking to get my messeging specialization and was wondering if anyone can recomend a good book for the design exam. Thanks Kev Check these out, http://www.msexchange.org/pages/books.asp Cheers oz -- Best regards, Good Luck Oz Ozugurlu ____________________________ MCSE 2003 M+,S+, CCNA Http://www.msexchange911.org Http://www.consultusa.us (Blog) "Kev" wrote: > Im looking to get my messeging specialization and was wondering if anyone can > recomend a good book for the design exam. > > Thanks > > Kev On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 05:22:01 -0700, Kev <Kev@di...

Error Delegating Administrator Rights & Removing SID
I have recently taken over for a NetAdmin who I believe deleted the account of the previous NetAdmin rather than disabling it. Consequently ... When attempting to use the Exchange Administration delegation wizard to add or remove a group or a user to the Organization level, I receive the following error: Failed to grant permission from company\Exchange_administrators on this object:/dc=net/dc=company/cn=configuration Subsequently clicking the [NEXT] button yields: The delegation wizard could not grant/change permissions for company\exchange_administrators I would like to remov...

Exchange 2007
Hi I installed an Exchange 2007 box all roles in my Exchange 2003 organization. Exchange created a routing group connector to Exchange 2003 so I can send and receive mail. All good. Now I installed 2 additional 2007 Mailbox servers and 2 additional 2007 CAS and HUB servers. I want to move the exchange 2003 connector to the new HUB servers so I can remove the HUB role from my first server. Is there any way I can do this? can I add more than 1 server to the connector? Thanks in advance Isaac __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signatu...

dedicated exchange forest: sharing a mailbox
Hello I have users in one AD and Exchange server in separate AD (forest). The directories trust each other. I added disabled User2 in the second (Exchange) AD. Now, how to grant access to users from the 1st AD for the User2's mailbox? "Delivery Options.." button in Exchange General tab for user doesnot allow add users from another AD. I read in "Planning an Exchange Server 2003 Messaging System" document that "The enabled user from the account forest is associated with a mailbox attached to a disabled user in the resource forest. This configuration allows ...

how do you remove a macro using VBA?
How do you remove a macro using VBA? Windows 2000, Office 2000 ...

Remove Primary Key
Hi. I want to remove the primary key on table on any column if exists otherwise do nothing. Regards, Muhammad Bilal Muhammad Bilal (MuhammadBilal@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > I want to remove the primary key on table on any column if exists > otherwise do nothing. SELECT 'ALTER TABLE ' + quotename(p.name) + ' DROP CONSTRAINT ' + quotename(o.name) FROM sysobjects o JOIN sysobjects p ON o.parent_obj = p.id WHERE o.xtype = 'PK' Copy result and execute it. Note that if there are referencing foreign keys, it will no...

Removal of thousands seperator in downloaded data
I have downloaded data with an open space as thousands seperator, an example is a number like 2 098,67. Excel will not recognize this as a number. How can I remove this thousands seperator so that the number becomes 2098,67? I need to do this to use the data in another program. See other post. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "finney78" <finney78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEE4BBB3-12AB-4DDD-AD0A-F88ADD242B73@microsoft.com... > I have downloaded data with an open space as thousands seperator, an example >...

Exchange 2000 SP3 Errors
Big problems everyone. We could use a little help. While attempting to perform a Windows 2k ---> 2003 / Exchange 2000 --- > 2003 migration, we are seeing the following: EVENT ID: Date: 4/16/2007 Source: MSExchangeIS Time: 19:14 Category: Connections Type: Error Event ID: 1021 User: N/A Computer: EX1 NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM was unable to connect as /o=Organization/ou=Site/ cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=EX1/cn=Microsoft System Attendant. Error 0x80040111. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. We are unable to move mailboxes b...

Removing Outllook 2002
In trying to install Office 2003, it says I must remove the previous version (Outlook 2002) to install Outlook 2003. How do I get it uninstalled/removed? I have tried "control panel" but Outlook is not listed there. Control Panel doesn't separate office products. Pretend you're installing outlook 2002 from the CD. It will detect its presence and ask if you want to update or remove it. Select remove. "Sam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:025601c3a0a7$cb514770$a101280a@phx.gbl... > In trying to install Office 2003, it sa...

Exchange Front-End & Back-End
Hi All We have a Exchange 2003 as front-end and a one again as Back-End. The given task was to remove the back-end exchange with a new one. So i installed a new exchange, moved the mailboxes and public folders to the new one. The only thing that confuses me is how the the front-end knows where to send the mails. Shouldn't i be telling the front-end to forward the Mails to the right back-end? I thought maybe the front-end is sending the mails to the old back-end and this one is forwarding the mails to the new back-end. So i shut down the old back-end but the mails are still getting forward...

Another Exchange Defrag argument
I agree doing an offline defrag should be a last resort for several reasons. However, a question has come up about the use of a third-party file-level defrag utility on Exchange servers. We run Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition so the store size is not limited to 16GB. The stores are fragmented, some with a thousand fragments. Online defragmentation is not going to help with this potential I/O problem; it will simply arrange the white space within the database neatly. As the database continues to grow it will grab some of the fragmented free space on the volume, making the database f...

remove duplications
I have imported a load of data from an accounts package and for some reason every line is duplicated once How do I remove the duplicated rows in one action ? thanks -- Vass Hi Vass Visit Chip Pearsons site http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Vass" <mark.nalder_TRAPTHESPAM_@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:V6udnaSN75BHanXfRVnygg@eclipse.net.uk... >I have imported a load of data from an accounts package and for some reason > every line is duplicated once > > How do I remove the duplicated rows in...