catch all mail to invalid addresses

We want to have all mail that is incorrectly addressed to the domain to go
to one person, not have an NDR sent out.

I see that this is not possible in Exchange 2000, how about in Exchange
2003?

Thanks, Neal

0
Neal

Hi

this KB is for Exchange 2000 and Exchange 2003

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324021

Nebojsa Seslija

"Neal" <neal_@_ap0yar_dot_co_dot_nz> wrote in message
> We want to have all mail that is incorrectly addressed to the domain to go
> to one person, not have an NDR sent out.
>
> I see that this is not possible in Exchange 2000, how about in Exchange
> 2003?
>
> Thanks, Neal

Yes I thought I'd get sent to that article.  However that is NOT what is
needed as we do NOT want all mail sent to the domain to go to one address,
we want only INVALID mail to go to one address, valid mail to the correct
recipients.

"Nebojsa Seslija" <nebojsa.seslija@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> this KB is for Exchange 2000 and Exchange 2003
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324021
>
> Nebojsa Seslija
>

> "Neal" <neal_@_ap0yar_dot_co_dot_nz> wrote in message
>> We want to have all mail that is incorrectly addressed to the domain to
>> go to one person, not have an NDR sent out.
>>
>> I see that this is not possible in Exchange 2000, how about in Exchange
>> 2003?
>>
>> Thanks, Neal

0
Neal
4/7/2005 10:17:54 AM
Then try this one

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315631

Nebojsa Seslija

"Neal" <neal_@_ap0yar_dot_co_dot_nz> wrote in message
> We want to have all mail that is incorrectly addressed to the domain to go
> to one person, not have an NDR sent out.
>
> I see that this is not possible in Exchange 2000, how about in Exchange
> 2003?
>
> Thanks, Neal

Neal,

Here is a catch all solution for Exchange 2003. I've been using it for a
couple months and works great!

http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/exchange_catcha.html

Mike

"Neal" wrote:

> We want to have all mail that is incorrectly addressed to the domain to go
> to one person, not have an NDR sent out.
>
> I see that this is not possible in Exchange 2000, how about in Exchange
> 2003?
>
> Thanks, Neal

how can I add saved e-mails address's in outlook to my contacts
when I reply to e-mails, the e-mail address is saved if I want to e-mail them again, but they are not saved in my contacts if I want to add senders address to a distribution list? R click the address you want to save > Add to Contacts If you think you want to save every recipient automatically (doubtful) you can use a third party utility for that. Or wait until Outlook 2010 where you can save entries in your autocompletion cache to your Contacts. -- Russ Valentine "dhoney" <dhoney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7CDAC7E-9D12-45EA-8E67-774F...

E-mail set up
How do I set up my personal e-mail in windows mail without contacting my ISP? -- carolyn On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 23:48:28 -0500, "Carolyn" <carolynmack3300@yahoo.com> wrote: > >How do I set up my personal e-mail in windows mail without contacting my >ISP? That's like asking "how do I set up a mailbox at my house without involving the Post Office". Your ISP - *some* ISP such as Yahoo - is the organization which maintains the equipment which transmits your EMail messages from your computer to the desired recipient. If you wish, and have the substanti...

Catch WM_SIZE
Hi, How to catch the WM_SIZE message of a control created dynamically. I mean : BOOL CMyDialog::OnInitDialog() { CDialog::OnInitDialog(); // m_MyControl derived from CWND m_MyControl.Create( NULL, _T(""), WS_VISIBLE, CRect(10, 10, 0, 0), this, 1 ); } LRESULT CMyDialog::WindowProc(UINT message, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam) { switch (message) { case WM_SIZE : // Catch this message but when it is m_MyControl that is resizing. } } Regards, "Erakis" <Erakis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BC2F5F0-D19B-4B3E-9881-E...

Catch all email account
is there a way to set up a catch all email account with exchange 2003. Yes i know the implicaitons of doing this but i believe it is the only way to get this person to realize it is not a good idea after a day or two. In news:uu4FR3XHHHA.924@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, Andrew Mallette <andrewm270@aol.com> typed: > is there a way to set up a catch all email account with exchange 2003. > Yes i know the implicaitons of doing this but i believe it is the only > way to get this person to realize it is not a good idea after a day > or two. Check out MailBasket at www.turbogeeks.com. ...

Windows mail
When I e-mail someone, the word "work" appears in the "from" column. How do I change that? "Kenworth007" <Kenworth007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:849728AD-811C-4776-934C-1CB005228DF7@microsoft.com... > When I e-mail someone, the word "work" appears in the "from" column. How > do I > change that? Go to tools menu>accounts>select your account>properties>general tab, change the name line>apply>ok. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.getsafeonline.org/ ...

help when mailing #2
That works great for changing the name but I would like the user to b able to change the directory (s)he saves to. Right now it defaults t my docs but users say it would be helpful if tehy can pick teh folde to save to -- eluehman ----------------------------------------------------------------------- eluehmann's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1309 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27785 I didn't see the previous response, but if you are using GetSaveAsFileName in a macro, the user can select the directory....

Windows Mail
Problem started today. When I open Windows Mail and click on Send and Receive the information window just flashes quickly and no mail is received. I've checked all settings in account. That mail account may be corrupted. Delete the account, restart Windows Live Mail, then recreate the account. If no improvement, which antivirus are you running? Make sure your antivirus is not configured to scan emails. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ------------------------------------------------------ "Rick" wrote in message = news:B9740AFE-BBC4-4778-BDF9-02C1FD7...

outgoing mail server
Made a new identity, with a new domain name, and I can recieve mail but cannot send it. I have to change my outgoing mail server? I have it but don't know how to get to it on outlook 6. Also I don't want to screw up the other email accounts here, help! ...

Catching mail for disable user with no mailbox
I have a user ("olduser') in AD who has been gone for a year and never had an Exchange mailbox (pre-migration). As of today, I want to have any inbound mail to "olduser" captured by the SMTP virtual server and sent to another user. I simply gave "otheruser" an additional address of "olduser@domain" and delivery works internally via Exchange, but external senders get a reply: Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 Requested action not taken: mailbox not available. I expect I could delete the old user from AD, but that's not permitted right now. Thanks...

Using brackets in email address SMTP format
Hi, does anyone of you know how to configure exchange server to be able to accept email messages with "username@ [smtpserverip]" format of smtp email address? Thanks in advance Karel kr@eg.cz "Karel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1d9e801c45442$ba5b8030$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, does anyone of you know how to configure exchange > server to be able to accept email messages with "username@ > [smtpserverip]" format of smtp email address? > > Thanks in advance > > Karel > kr@eg.cz > Which version of E...

SEND TO d-mail
In Excel I select a range, which includes numbers and a small picture (a gif file). I click on File, Send To. I select Mail Recipient I send it to myself, and it arrives exactly as I want it, in the body of the e-mail.. I send it to my computer at home, and I get NOTHING in the body, and only the gif file as an attachment - no numbers. Help! In news:O9ciiHVQHHA.3500@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, dancer <dancer@microsoft.com> typed: > In Excel I select a range, which includes numbers and a small picture > (a gif file). > I click on File, Send To. > I select Mail Recipient > ...

how to catch key stroke events "globally"
How do can one catch key pressed events "globally"? By that, I don't mean by the main app, I mean, say for example you want to create a "panic button". So that say you're running what ever app (not the one you made), and you want to catch/use the escape key as your panic button. The user presses the escape key, and all windows become hidden. The first problem, is catching the escape key, the second is iterating all top level apps/windows. "Martin Ortiz" <martinortiz@optonline.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:u6eERqJ8DHA.488@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... ...

can not send or recive mail
i can not send or recive mail. please help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Error Message plz? -- Vijay Sites that I would recommend http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx http://support.microsoft.com/ Try the Windows Live Mail Beta http://ideas.live.com/programpage.aspx?versionId=5d21c51a-b161-4314-9b0e-4911fb2b2e6d "suad" <suad@moe.gov.om> wrote in message news:1164514539.062706.154920@n67g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... >i can not send or recive mail. please help me > !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! > ...

Undeliverable Mail #3
Running Exchange 2003 on Win2K3 Server People who submit email to a non-valid address are not getting an "Undeliverable" message back to notify them. I have setup a copy to be sent to my administrator account and I do receive notification there, but the original sender (doesn't matter if it's an internet or external address) is not getting any notification. How can I resolve this? Thanks, Enrique On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 10:18:17 -0500, "Enrique" <enrique@avertinc.com> wrote: >Running Exchange 2003 on Win2K3 Server > >People who submit email to a no...

mailing labels #3
Is it possible to make mailing address lables from Outlook Express 6.0 or higher? On 28 May 2004 15:59, "neal" wrote: >Is it possible to make mailing address lables from Outlook Express 6.0 >or higher? I don't think so. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.ou...

moving mails in mail enabled public folders
Hi, when user just drags a mail from the public folder and moves it to another public folder, it gets copied. How can I set it so that it gets moved? I know the shift key can be used, but I need it to work without any additional tasks then dragging the item. Thanks, Jan Drag with the right mouse button not left? Oliver On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 12:49:22 +0100, "Jan Kucera" <miloush@community.nospam> wrote: >Hi, > when user just drags a mail from the public folder and moves it to another >public folder, it gets copied. How can I set it so that it gets mo...

Do not want address suggestions
Hi, When typing a letter in the To-field Outlook lists used addresses, also addresses not in the Contacts. I do not want these suggestions. How can I stop them? Regards > When typing a letter in the To-field Outlook lists used addresses, > also addresses not in the Contacts. I do not want these suggestions. How > can I stop them? Tools - Options - E-mail Options - Advanced E-mail Options -Suggest names while completing the To, Cc, and Bcc fields -- f.h. Microsoft Outlook MVP Thank you F.H.! "F.H. Muffman" <f.h.muffman@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet ne...

Mail System DLL is invalid
I noticed that several weeks ago, the fax console stopped routing incoming faxes. when i try to Mailto on the server, i get an error that says "Mail System DLL is invalid". (if i try to Mailto from a workstation it works fine) i don't recall adding installing anything or modifying anything at that time, except MS updates. the server is W2K3 SP1 (not SBS!!!) the server also has exchange 2003 with all the service packs and updates for both W2K3 and Exchange (also IIS and SQL server 2005 - with CRM) Below is a copy of the event log when a fax arrives: Event Type: Error Ev...

Cant receive mail
I receive this message after adding my new email account:- Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (jeclee) account. Signing in to Windows Live ID failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. Server Error: 0x80048869 Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80048869 Temporary usually means access will be restored later..though it can be indicative of other things.. Is the account accessible at Hotmail.com or Mail.live.com(both go to the same place) ? - When accessing ...

Address/Region Matching by ZIP Code Range
Hello, I'm trying to figure out a way to populate an address table with the linking ID of a region table. Here are the specifics: tblLeads contains address information with a ZIP (ZIP Code) field and a field for RegionID tblRegions contains the fields of: - StartZIP - start of the Left(ZIP,3) range. - EndZIP - end of the Left(ZIP,3) range. - RegionID - a unique ID assigned to each region What I'm looking for is an update query for tblLeads that looks up the RegionID value from Left([tblLeads].[ZIP],3) between StartZIP and EndZIP. My goal is to then relate my tblLeads table b...

catching VK_SPACE in a CHotkeyCtrl
hi all, when i create a CHotKeyCtrl ( even in a new and empty project in an empty dialog) i cannot catch any VK_SPACE key combination, eg if i press Ctrl+Space the hotkey control immediately shows "None" instead. Also the "Del" key cannot be handled. any ideas Peter ...

Telnet sessions allowing spoofed e-mails
We have an exchange 2003 server where Open Relay has been disabled for external use but we are able to telnet into the server over port 25 and send spoofed e-mails internally. Is there a way to prevent this from happening without denying outside e-mails from being received. On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 11:33:00 -0800, ya_daddy <yadaddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have an exchange 2003 server where Open Relay has been disabled for >external use but we are able to telnet into the server over port 25 and send >spoofed e-mails internally. Is there a way to prevent this from...

What am I catching?
I've got a piece of code, looks something like this : try { savetheworld(); } catch(CException* pe) { telltheuser(); } catch(...) { panic(); } The only thing I ever throw are CExceptions (or classes derived from CExceptions), I've even done _set_se_translator() so I capture C structured exceptions (like our good friend 0xC0000005) and turn then into CExceptions that I throw. And yes, they are pointers to CException objects that I've new'ed up, not the objects themselves. So why is it, every once in a while, I catch something that isn't a CException? Now I realize that&...

Unable to Send-Receive Internet Mail (Exchange 5.5 Event 4117)
All of a sudden, I can't send/receive any Internet mail on my Exchange 5.5 SP4...Event viewer reports: MSEchangeIMC, Internal Processing, "An error was returned from the messaging software the Internet Mail Service uses to process messages on the Microsoft Exchange Server. As a result, the message in spool file JNDV2RAB failed to be delivered. The message has been moved to the IMCDATA\IN\ARCHIVE directory". I searched the knowledgebase and it said. 1. Try resetting the character set in Internet Mail Connector to 'Western European (ISO-8859-1): same problem. 2. Delete a...

Scheduling E-Mails
How do I go about Scheduling times for E-mails to be sent? I have Outlook 2003. Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/dev/olforms/skedrpt.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Paula Dawn asked: | How do I go about Scheduling times for E-mails to be sent? I have | Outlook 2003. Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.co...