cant receive mail unless relaunch outlook

exchange 2000 sp3, post sp3 rollup
outlook xp or 2003

the problems are only experienced by some users, not all. and it happens
with both outlook xp and 2003.

problem 1: an internal user will send an email to another internal user. the
user will not receive the email even when manually clicking send/receive. if
he closes outlook and relaunches it, then he receives the message.

problem 2: remote user connect to office via vpn and runs outlook. 5 or 6
messages arrive and no more. waiting and/or hitting send/receive still
produces no more messages. closing and relaunching outlook will bring in
another 5 or 6 messages. each time outlook is restarted 5 or 6 messages will
arrive.

0
jjd228 (96)

Shared Outlook 2000 Address Book (without Exchange)
I've got approximately 50 users on a network and they all use Microsoft Outlook 2000 with independent PST files and are downloading their mail from a pop server. We are currently using Microsoft Mail for out Address Book. I'm looking to get rid of Microsoft Mail and use External Email for interoffice correspondence until I get an Exchange server installed. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what I could use for a Shared Address Book? I've looked into using LDAP for this but with Microsoft Outlook 2000 it will not show you a full listing by hitting the "To:" butto...

Cant delete any messages
Hi! My friend at work has a weird problem recently he can't delete any messages in Outlook Express the delete button doesn't work so does not the right mouse button menu delete option. When d&d the files theres a error that says "An error occurred" He works on a normal user account. Any ideas? Have your friend post in an Outlook Express newsgroup. Tell him/her to include the version of OE, the exact error message, and any other pertinent details. Outlook Express and Microsoft Outlook are not the same e-mail client, nor are they related in spite of the similarity of ...

Windows Live Mail
I am unable to access Windows Live Mail since getting this message "The message store has been corrupted by an application external to Windows Live Mail. Windows Live Mail has been able to successfully recover from this corruption (0X00000000)". I have read messages on various sites which tell me this is a problem with some virus programs. I have uninstalled my virus program. Still could not access Windows Live Mail. I then uninstaled Windows live Mail and then re-installed it still unable to access Windows Live Mail. How do I resolve this problem and recover my mess...

Office Outlook 2003 SP2 pasting and hyperlinks
1) Previously, I could [Insert \ Hyperlink] and browse our company's shared drive to insert a link to a file within the body of the email. Now, when I [Insert \ Hyperlink] I get a different small hyperlink dialog box that has no "browse" option. Where did it go and/or how can I reset this? 2) Previously, I would [shift/edit/copy/as printed] on a selection within an Excel document which creates a picture and places it on the clipboard, and then I would go to Outlook and paste the image into the body of the email. This was very useful even though the image quality wasn't so ...

Window pop-up while compose a mail
I am using Outlook 2002 with SP3. There is a window pop- up while I compose an new e-mail. The window shows "A program is trying to access e-mail address you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No"." I scaned the whole computer and did not find any virus. Anybody have the same issue and resolved? Thanks. See this page for information: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due ...

Select Cell Range for Mail Merge Document
I'm using Word to pull information from an Excel spreadsheet that I extracted from a database... essentially, demographical information used to print up a bunch of labels for tax season. Step 1: Main Document Fine... no problems here. Step 2: Data Source I select Get Data>Open Data Source, and then go to the spreadsheet in question. After selecting this, I see Data: TW2003Label!Entire Spreadsheet How do I get it to select only the cells containing data and not the entire spreadsheet? Thanks in advance. ...

make Outlook use alternate calendar
I have found a dll file which can be replaced by Arabic Hijri Calendar dll files in outlook 2003 program folder (program files\microsoft office\office11) in order to view the calendar in Persian Solar Calnedar, however to make outlook use it as its main calendar I have to change the "Regional and lang..." in Control panel which changes the calendar of the whole windows into Hijri lunar calendar which is not an ideal situtation :). So how can I make outlook to use Hijri calendar as its main calendar while the XP calendar is still Georgian? ...

Attachment security in Outlook 2003
Does anyone know why when I browse for files to attach .zip files never show up in the list. I had a folder with 4 .doc files and .zip (the file I wanted to email). It didn't show up on the list. Eventually, I had to drag the file from the folder to my email. Is this part of the same lunacy in Outlook XP that wouldn't allow me to receive .vbs and .exe files? If yes, then is there a way in 2003 to turn this "security feature" off? I'm a web developer and if I can't send and receive .zip, .vbs and .js files, I need to find a new mail client. Thanks, Steve ...

receiving mails twice
I am using office XP on my pc. Whenever i start my outlook t see messages i receive each message twice.i dont know whether the prob is from server side or client side.. we use exchange 5.5 server... please help ...

Outlook keeps restarting 05-19-10
Have made no changes to Outlook and for some reason it keeps restarting. I have been using Xobni and Catsone as plug ins. This restarting problem has happened subsequently. Any suggestions would be very welcome! Thanks! http://forums.slipstick.com Does this happen even if you start Outlook in Safe Mode? (hold down CTRL while you click the icon) See if this helps: http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook/tsol.htm#safe If not, then I'd suggest disabling those plug-ins and see if the problem goes away. If it does you could then re-enable the plug-ins, one at a time, u...

Outlook receiving
I have been ill and not checked mail for a week. I have over 150 new mail waiting and when it starts retrieving it goes to 73 or 74 and I get an error message that my connection has been unexpectedly terminated. I try to receive again and I get the same 73 or 74 and get the same message again. How can I bypass the one message that deems to get hung up and retrieve the rest after it. Please Help!!! There may be a message with a questionable attachment that outlook is refusing to download. You'll have to go into hotmail the old fashion way. :( Oh, I am assuming you are using ...

How to delete mails on the server automatically?
Hi all, I use Outlook 2003 and Microsoft Exchange Server to send/recv mails. Plenty of mails every day and my mail box will be full. How can I config the Outlook so as to download and save the mails on my hard disk and delete them on the server automatically? When I used a POP3/SMTP mail server, I could just uncheck a box "Leave copy of messages on the server" and mails would be deleted automatically. It seems there is no such checkbox like that when I use a Microsoft Exchange Server. Thanks in advance! campos <huwenyan@gmail.com> wrote: > I use Outlook 2003 and Micros...

Sales For Outlook
I've followed all the steps in KB Article 829467 to try to get Sales for Outlook installed on a certain client machine with no luck. The last time I ran the installation I created a log file. Below is a snippet of the log containing the first mention of a fatal error: MSI (c) (34:48) [16:24:31:153]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Deleting SECONDSEQUENCE property. Its current value is '1'. Action ended 16:24:31: ExecuteAction. Return value 3. MSI (c) (34:48) [16:24:31:153]: Note: 1: 33 MSI (c) (34:48) [16:24:31:153]: Doing action: Fatal_Error Action start 16:24:31: Fatal_Error. MSI (c) (34:20)...

Outlook won't remember password #4
The "dialer" box always has a default(?) 16 char password in it and I have to enter the correct password by hand. It seems to remember other stuff like the phone number. If this is your internet connection dialogue then this is not an OL question, but one that should be directed to the group supporting your o/s If when you use IE this doesnt happen, and you connect normally, then it is possible you have the wrong connection in use in your OL accounts setup "ratman" <endlr@execpc.com> wrote in message news:fk3jb2ppti890n6u9td8aqffi2s0rsp15j@4ax.com... > The &qu...

zoom function outlook mail preview

Inter-office e-mail Exchange 5.5
I need help setting up Exchange 5.5 to not let inter-office e-mails leave our server. How do I get Exchange to just re-route an e-mail, addressed from one employee to another, without sending it out to the internet and having it immediately come back? Is Exchange smart enough to know that e-mail to @ourdomain.com doesn't need to leave the server? Any help would be appreciated, Thank You, Lauren On Wed, 4 May 2005 09:04:03 -0700, "Lauren Morris" <Lauren Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need help setting up Exchange 5.5 to not let inter-office e-mails ...

I am trying to print on legal size paper, i cant set size.
I've tried print option to set up 8.5 x 14 paper put it wont hold the setting. Well, it is to do with your printer driver. Are you sure that the printer supports that paper size? Perhaps you can see if there is an updated driver for the printer. Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 14, 2:26=A0pm, Michele <Mich...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've tried print option to set up 8.5 x 14 paper put it wont hold the > setting. =A0 ...

Customize Outlook Today Won't Work
When I click on the icon "Customize Outlook Today" on my Outlook Today page, nothing happens. Normally I should be taken to a page where I can change the layout or theme of my Outlook Today page. I have Outlook 2000 on a maching running Windows XP Professional. According to Article 820575, you would have had to install critical update 813489 (Q813489) for this problem to occur. I'm having same problem --Customize outlook today link doesn't work but i've installed only sp1, Q810847, Q813951, Q818529, AND Q330994 for Microsoft Internet Explorer. Would it still ...

outlook hangs #10
I have two computers where this is happening. On both, simply opening a message causes Outlook to hang. I have tried the following: compacting the pst file reinstalling outlook to its original state cleaning up temp files One of the computers uses a local message store. The other keeps its pst file on the network. Once Outlook hangs the only way to recover is to CTRL-ALT- DEL and shut down the program. ...

Outlook for CRM purpose
Hi there, I wanted to know if I could use Outlook as a tool to offer customer support. I want to receive emails on one ID and then the same to be forwarded to some of the executives who would be responisble for replying to those emails. Regards, Arvind In CRM its possible to set up queues such as support@yourcompany.com and have emails from the outside fed into those queues however someone has to have responsibility for monitoring the queues and feeding the activities to an appropriate person "Arvind" <jasunder@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:06df01c3713b$33859ef0$a...

Interleaving comments into e-mails OL2007
As a method of working (in .html mode) I like to take an incoming e-mail, hit reply, and put my responses into the incoming e-mail in (say) a different colour/font in the original prior to sending back "as commented". However, when I do so Outlook (2007) has an irritating habit of throwing my view back to the top of the page even though it is happy enough for me to return it to where I was and continue entry (or indeed, to continue entry "blind"). Can I stop this behaviour, please?? TIA Phil Harrison When exactly does it return to the top of the messag...

why is my queues full with domains mail i dont reconize
i have exchange 2003 and the queues is full with other domains mails. no matter what i do it still fills up. so when i send my mail out it seems to get stuck and not go out util i reboot the exchage server. this is getting crazy. ive been looing into my relay setting follow all the advice. So how do i clear out these domain now that i have locked down the relay stuff Sounds like you are getting Reverse NDR spammed. You can apply a recipient filter to your SMTP virtual server that will drop all email to non-existent recipients instead of sending an NDR. In the system manager, expand ...

Start Windows Live Mail with Newsgroups
When I start Windows Live Mail (using Windows 7), it displays Mail. I would like it to display Newsgroups, instead of Mail, because I use it primarily for Newsgroups. How do I get it to start with Newsgroups being displayed? - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com Explained here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop&tid=dd25475c-6dbd-46a4-b1db-54a260d177ef&mid=2ad24a4a-2fed-4852-9fc3-feadff11cab5&cat=&lang=&cr=&sloc=&p=3 -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] ...

cant open file
I have windows vista and microsoft publisher 2007 did my website and now out of nowhere it says cant open file tried everything and is not happening What kind of file are you trying to open? What steps are you taking? What kind of error messages are you getting? Details are important. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "arleen" <arleen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B264DC25-1072-4931-B44C-7F481A13DBEE@microsoft.com... >I have windows vista and microsoft publisher 2007 did my w...

cannot open outlook 2007 in Vista
when I try to open outlook 2007, a prompt saying that register VB ScriptDLL failed. Asked me to re-install or execute Regsvr32.exe Vbscript.dll to try register. I tried execute "Regsvr32.exe Vbscript.dll", then launch the outlook again. Same message prompt out again. I tried re-installed the outlook, still the same. I think it maybe the access right problem with Vista. Anyone can help suggest a solution to launch outlook from Vista ? Go to the Run item on the Start menu, and type: regsvr32 filename.ext Not regsvr32.exe. -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: ht...