Cant purge 2 messages from 'recover deleted items'

Using Outlook 2003 against Exchange2003.
We have a problem with 2 messages that cannot be purged from the 'recover
deleted items' window.
All other messages can be purged without difficulty.
When we try to purge thse messages we get the message:

Out look was unable to delete some items from this folder. Make sure you
have the required permissions and try again.

The messages cant be restored either - so I suspect they are either:
a) Corrupted or
b) have weird permissions on them

(needless to say we have full permissions on the mailbox).

How can we resolve this?
Where are messages that are 'deleted' held until they are purged?
Is there any way to check the message object to see if they are messed up?

Any suggestions would be gratefully apreciated.
NB we dont want to delete the mailbox itself.

Al Blake, Canberra, Australia

0
al5376 (18)

Hi,

Did you try to work Offline in Outlook and then try deleting the two corrupt
messages ?

Hope this helps !!!

With Regards,

Sudharson.AN
"Al Blake" <al@blakes.net> wrote in message
> Using Outlook 2003 against Exchange2003.
> We have a problem with 2 messages that cannot be purged from the 'recover
> deleted items' window.
> All other messages can be purged without difficulty.
> When we try to purge thse messages we get the message:
>
> Out look was unable to delete some items from this folder. Make sure you
> have the required permissions and try again.
>
> The messages cant be restored either - so I suspect they are either:
> a) Corrupted or
> b) have weird permissions on them
>
> (needless to say we have full permissions on the mailbox).
>
> How can we resolve this?
> Where are messages that are 'deleted' held until they are purged?
> Is there any way to check the message object to see if they are messed up?
>
> Any suggestions would be gratefully apreciated.
> NB we dont want to delete the mailbox itself.
>
> Al Blake, Canberra, Australia

0
meetsudhar (181)
2/29/2004 5:48:56 PM
....."recover deleted items" won't be available while working offline, as
they're on the server.

Sudharson AN wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Did you try to work Offline in Outlook and then try deleting the two
> corrupt messages ?
>
> Hope this helps !!!
>
> With Regards,
>
> Sudharson.AN
> "Al Blake" <al@blakes.net> wrote in message
>> Using Outlook 2003 against Exchange2003.
>> We have a problem with 2 messages that cannot be purged from the
>> 'recover deleted items' window.
>> All other messages can be purged without difficulty.
>> When we try to purge thse messages we get the message:
>>
>> Out look was unable to delete some items from this folder. Make sure
>> you have the required permissions and try again.
>>
>> The messages cant be restored either - so I suspect they are either:
>> a) Corrupted or
>> b) have weird permissions on them
>>
>> (needless to say we have full permissions on the mailbox).
>>
>> How can we resolve this?
>> Where are messages that are 'deleted' held until they are purged?
>> Is there any way to check the message object to see if they are
>> messed up?
>>
>> Any suggestions would be gratefully apreciated.
>> NB we dont want to delete the mailbox itself.
>>
>> Al Blake, Canberra, Australia

0
lanwench (7567)
2/29/2004 6:26:12 PM
Do you see any errors in your application event logs on the server?

Al Blake wrote:
> Using Outlook 2003 against Exchange2003.
> We have a problem with 2 messages that cannot be purged from the
> 'recover deleted items' window.
> All other messages can be purged without difficulty.
> When we try to purge thse messages we get the message:
>
> Out look was unable to delete some items from this folder. Make sure
> you have the required permissions and try again.
>
> The messages cant be restored either - so I suspect they are either:
> a) Corrupted or
> b) have weird permissions on them
>
> (needless to say we have full permissions on the mailbox).
>
> How can we resolve this?
> Where are messages that are 'deleted' held until they are purged?
> Is there any way to check the message object to see if they are
> messed up?
>
> Any suggestions would be gratefully apreciated.
> NB we dont want to delete the mailbox itself.
>
> Al Blake, Canberra, Australia

0
lanwench (7567)

Date conversion #2
I also have a column that has dates in the format of: 20031201 which is YearMonthDay and I want to convert them all to December 1, 2003. Is this possible? Thanks. =date(left(a1,4),mid(a1,5,2),right(a1,2)) -- HTH Bob Phillips "Newbie" <spam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eYOLgfVjFHA.3300@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I also have a column that has dates in the format of: > > 20031201 which is YearMonthDay and I want to convert them all to December 1, > 2003. > > Is this possible? Thanks. > > Data>Text to Columns>Next>Next Column Da...

Delete rows that don't meet specific criterion
I have a huge report that lists information for many days. I want to delete all rows that don't meet the criteria of todays date in column B. I also want to only keep rows that have todays date with F800 in column D. I plan on putting this code in a macro. Thanks so much....happy summer!!! Thanks Ron, this look pretty complex....I'll add it to my macro and let you know how it goes. One more question...my date, do I have to specificy a format for it or will the code read any format for todays date. Thanks so much, if this works it will be a huge time saver for my folks. I ...

Outlook 2007 Beta #2
Hello I recently installed Office 2007 beta and now with Outlook, I can recieve e-mails, but I can't view the message, I can only open and view attachments if there are any. Any suggestions? thanks Disable AVG's Outlook integration. Patrick Schmid -------------- http://pschmid.net "bschmidtbauer" <bschmidtbauer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63E57BAA-23A0-4850-9841-5C211E42E004@microsoft.com: > Hello I recently installed Office 2007 beta and now with Outlook, I can > recieve e-mails, but I can't view the message, I can only open and v...

Error message with Publisher 2007 Catalog Merge to SQL 2005
Hello When I attempt a Catalog Merge to SQL 2005 with Publisher 2007, I get an 'invalid object name' error. Yet, when I use the exact same .odc connection in Excel 2007, the SQL view opens with no problems. Can anyone duplicate this bug and/or have a solution besides load the data into Excel, save it, and reload it into Publisher? Thanks. I can't find too much about this error. Publisher 2003 had merge problems, maybe by reading the fix, it will give you insight. Error message when you use an .odc file to connect to a specific table in a mail merge data source in Office 20...

cell shading #2
Heres my issue, I have a certain cell B8 that has a dollar amount in it. I am making a loan calculator for the next 6 years and I want to have the amount in a certain feild that equals b8 to be red and then whn the dollars get to zero I want it to be bolded and highlighted yellow. I went to conditional formating but nothing happens what am I doing wrong? Nick, Possibly, you may need to use a custom formula for your conditional formatting, since the displayed value and the actual cell values can differ. So, when you want the cell that equals B8 to be red, then use the custom formula =RO...

Record Unavailable Message to End User with CRM 3.0
I have a user who is getting "Record Unavailable" on his active accounts and contacts. He can access his opportunities but the Account Name has "Record Unavailable". I checked his User records and he is not working in restricted mode. I also checked the database and verified his user record has not been changed. Now, the user was working just fine last Friday. However, on Monday he started getting the messages. Any thoughts on how to correct this? -- ....Mike Stone On Oct 8, 1:46 pm, Mike Stone <MikeSt...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a ...

Purging Deleted Items In E-mail Folders
I am no longer able to purge deleted items from my various e-mail folders (I was able to before) - Now when I select the various folders, & go under tools to recover deleted items, nothing shows up ? Could a setting have been accidentally changed ? How can I resolve this problem ? I am using Outlook 2003. ...

CString in DLL #2
I have several DLLs that contain CString objects that were compiled with eVC++ 3.0 and eVC++ 4.0 compiler, but now I am porting them to VC++ 2005 and am getting a lot of warnings/errors class 'ATL::CStringT<BaseType,StringTraits>' needs to have dll-interface to be used by clients of class 'CDSNInfo' Is the above warnings really a problem or can I safely ignore that warning? I am passing those CString objects back and borth betwen DLLs and between DLL and application programs. All that's telling you is that you need to declare your those variables with the ...

Cant delete any messages
Hi! My friend at work has a weird problem recently he can't delete any messages in Outlook Express the delete button doesn't work so does not the right mouse button menu delete option. When d&d the files theres a error that says "An error occurred" He works on a normal user account. Any ideas? Have your friend post in an Outlook Express newsgroup. Tell him/her to include the version of OE, the exact error message, and any other pertinent details. Outlook Express and Microsoft Outlook are not the same e-mail client, nor are they related in spite of the similarity of ...

Clip Organizer #2
How do you copy your clip art organized folders to a new computer. I can't find where it is stored on my system in order to transfer them to my new computer. This article explains how to share clipart on a network, it will help you find your clips and move them to your new computer. Rather than using a server, copy the information on a CD and let your Organizer find the clips. Clip2002: How to Share a Collection on a Network http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=300859 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com...

I am trying to print on legal size paper, i cant set size.
I've tried print option to set up 8.5 x 14 paper put it wont hold the setting. Well, it is to do with your printer driver. Are you sure that the printer supports that paper size? Perhaps you can see if there is an updated driver for the printer. Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 14, 2:26=A0pm, Michele <Mich...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've tried print option to set up 8.5 x 14 paper put it wont hold the > setting. =A0 ...

Bonus items
Drug Distributors always sell their quantities with free bonus items attached to each item. How can we enter into the sales order in GP the free bonus quantities automatically, showing the actual purchase and the bonus quantities separately in the order form, delivery note and reports with out reprogramming the entire GP? Never mind. We found the answer in the 'Extended Proces' 'Promotions' section. Thank you "Mitri Muna" wrote: > Drug Distributors always sell their quantities with free bonus items attached > to each item. How can we enter into the sale...

Client Safety Options #2
I get a Client Safety Options error when importing OLAP Cube into Excel - Client Safety Options do not allow pass through statements to be issued to the data source. Please help. ...

somebody is infected #2
Randall Arnold's recent message is not unwarranted about infected e-mails being received by those who participate. For those that monitor these forums it is important that if you use an e-mail package for your news tool that you use an anti-virus program to ensure that your systems are clean and uninfected. Please scan your systems, the latest version of W32_SWEN impacts all of us and our ability to help each other. ...

Hosted CRM #2
Hello, Let's have a look at one possible situation: We are hosting CRM and we sell 3 licenses to one company. The problem is that they might share these 3 user credentials to 10 people among company and instead of 3 people who use CRM there are 10 people on 3 user accounts. Is there any way we could prevent this? Are there any restrictions that could be applied to prevent this? Thanks I don't think there's any technical way to stop them from doing it, Adi. You should remind them what their EULA includes and does not, and potentially see if they are better suited to device C...

copy worksheet #2
How can I copy a worksheet (tab) from a different file and still retain the links, column widths, and formatting? Seems as simple as Edit-->Move or Copy Sheet to me. >-----Original Message----- >How can I copy a worksheet (tab) from a different file and >still retain the links, column widths, and formatting? >. > ...

Exchange 2003 Mailbox Rule Viewer #2
Does anyone know if there is a tool that will let you view/edit/delete user created mailbox rules? ...

SBS 2003 Pop3 Connector Didn't Deliver Email Messages
We had a problem for a 2 days where messages were being downloaded by the SBS 2003 Pop3 Connector but weren't being delievered by smtp to the users mailboxes. I've gotten everything working properly now by using the troubleshooing guide in "How to troubleshoot the pop3 connector in Windows Small Business Server 2003," Article 885685, however I haven't been able to locate any of the messages that were downloaded during the 2-day period when SMTP wasn't working properly. Can anyone help me retrieve the missing messages? I've checked the folders in the foll...

Line Width #2
Line width in Excel 2007 has increased. A .50 line in Excel 2007 seems as "thick" as 1.25 width in Excel 2003. Can anyone explain or help reduce the width? Forms become very difficult to read when the width is so heavy. Thanks. In XL2003 I using the Drawing tool to make a line In XL2007 I used Insert | Shapes to insert a line Each I formatted to have a width of 1 pt I printed the two worksheets on the same printer (HP LaserJet 1200) I cannot see any difference in their width with a 4X magnifying glass Tell us more about your comparison best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microso...

cant open file
I have windows vista and microsoft publisher 2007 did my website and now out of nowhere it says cant open file tried everything and is not happening What kind of file are you trying to open? What steps are you taking? What kind of error messages are you getting? Details are important. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "arleen" <arleen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B264DC25-1072-4931-B44C-7F481A13DBEE@microsoft.com... >I have windows vista and microsoft publisher 2007 did my w...

Hyperlink #2
I am trying to creat an excel file that will have few sheet. The first one will contain a list of items, the other one will be the details. For example: Sheet1: 1. Pump 2. Computer 3. Laser Head Sheet2: Pump Pump Head Pump Motor Pump tubing .... ... I thought that may be the hyperlink is a good idea, but may be anyone has a better idea? Thanks, Joe Joe What are you trying to achieve? Andy. "Galsaba" <galsaba@aol.com> wrote in message news:20031103213733.11164.00000118@mb-m28.aol.com... > I am trying to creat an excel file that will have few sheet. > The first one...

creation of synchronization log messages
I have outlook XP on win2k, and my deleted items folder is being filled by "synchronization log" messages at the rate of 1 per minute. Where is a setting in outlook where I can disable/change that? ...

Cant get Money to work
when I try to use monwy to set up new account, all I get is "The list is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." This is the second night in a row that it has done this. Did I buy something that does not work???? In microsoft.public.money, Roaddog_tnkr wrote: >when I try to use monwy to set up new account, all I get is "The list is >temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." This is the second night >in a row that it has done this. Did I buy something that does not work???? What did you buy? What are you trying to install it on? On De...

OWA Login #2
When a user connects to OWA, multiple login popups appear: 3 times before the OWA user profile page is loaded, and almost every minute, or when the user tries to send, open, reply an e-mail or browse a different folder, both local or public. It works, but it is so tedious to enter the password so many times! Where should I check to solve this issue? Thanks in advance! Mauro Check the properties of the Default Website (and the Exchange virtual directories underneath) to be sure that Basic Authentication is the only method selected. Because usernames and passwords are sent in clear text in ...

from exchange machine i cant telnet to 25
all machine on customer lan are connecting to exchange server to post mail. when logged into the exchange server i launch cmd prompt and "telnet 192.168.0.10 25" and cant connect to smtp service (i.e from machine that host SMTP so network routing not involved) - netstat -na shows me port 25 is listening - simple mail transfer protocol is running as a service - sending mail via outlook on this server works and also show me a log on my exchange server that it coming from this servers public ip - default smtp virtual server, outbound security set at ANON. - default smtp virtua...