Cant open Exchange System Manager and backups are failing

I'm running SBS 2003 with exchange. Everything has been running great
up until a few days ago. All of the sudden veritas backupexec started
failing with the log saying it is unable to attach to exchange, and I
am now unable to open exchange system manager. When I try to open
system manager it immediatly throws an erorr dialog "Exchange System
Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close". I've tried
resetting the server. I've tried removing the exchange system manager
component and reinstalling it. When i do that I am able to run it once
after install, but after that it starts crashing again. I tried
running an exmerge to backup the mail store but it throws "Error
opening message store (MSEMS)". All users are able to send and receive
email normally. I've checked the send as and receive as permissions
for administrator and they seem fine. I also made sure the
administrator account was not hidden from the exchange address list,
as i had this cause backup failure on another server.

Any suggestions on what else to try would be much appriciated.
0
qjrq (1)

Default: Open to Calendar
Can I set Outlook 2003 to open to the Calendar as my default page/window? Yes. See Tools > Options > Other tab > Advanced Options button. The setting you area after is right at the top of the dialog. "Bryan" <bryan.459@pac.bell.net> wrote in message news:C_hyf.1012$Jd.431@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net... > Can I set Outlook 2003 to open to the Calendar as my default page/window? > "neo [mvp outlook]" <neo@online.mvps.org> wrote in message news:ul52teYGGHA.3976@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Yes. See Tools > Options > Other tab >...

Cant delete any messages
Hi! My friend at work has a weird problem recently he can't delete any messages in Outlook Express the delete button doesn't work so does not the right mouse button menu delete option. When d&d the files theres a error that says "An error occurred" He works on a normal user account. Any ideas? Have your friend post in an Outlook Express newsgroup. Tell him/her to include the version of OE, the exact error message, and any other pertinent details. Outlook Express and Microsoft Outlook are not the same e-mail client, nor are they related in spite of the similarity of ...

Shared Outlook 2000 Address Book (without Exchange)
I've got approximately 50 users on a network and they all use Microsoft Outlook 2000 with independent PST files and are downloading their mail from a pop server. We are currently using Microsoft Mail for out Address Book. I'm looking to get rid of Microsoft Mail and use External Email for interoffice correspondence until I get an Exchange server installed. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what I could use for a Shared Address Book? I've looked into using LDAP for this but with Microsoft Outlook 2000 it will not show you a full listing by hitting the "To:" butto...

Opening a file
When I open a file in excel, it automatically opens a blank(new) file along with the file I was intending to open. Is there a setting to defeat it from doing this? Thank you. Try this first. Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. See the space between exe and /regserver You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe. In that case Start>Run "C:\yourpath\excel.exe" /regserver(quotes required)>OK If no...

cant open file
I have windows vista and microsoft publisher 2007 did my website and now out of nowhere it says cant open file tried everything and is not happening What kind of file are you trying to open? What steps are you taking? What kind of error messages are you getting? Details are important. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "arleen" <arleen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B264DC25-1072-4931-B44C-7F481A13DBEE@microsoft.com... >I have windows vista and microsoft publisher 2007 did my w...

help some intended recipients failed to delivered
could there be some relay problem? or is this problem on the recipient end? this is the return message: our message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: FW: Updated seminar presentation for review Sent: 8/16/2005 9:45 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: user@domain.com on 8/16/2005 9:49 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. < user.domain.net #5.7.1 smtp; 550 5.7.1 Message content rejected, UBE, id=24218-01-2> On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 08:58:37 -0700, "chris" &l...

cannot open outlook 2007 in Vista
when I try to open outlook 2007, a prompt saying that register VB ScriptDLL failed. Asked me to re-install or execute Regsvr32.exe Vbscript.dll to try register. I tried execute "Regsvr32.exe Vbscript.dll", then launch the outlook again. Same message prompt out again. I tried re-installed the outlook, still the same. I think it maybe the access right problem with Vista. Anyone can help suggest a solution to launch outlook from Vista ? Go to the Run item on the Start menu, and type: regsvr32 filename.ext Not regsvr32.exe. -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: ht...

Opening a 2003 document in 2007
I have a form document that was created in 2003. When people try to open the document in 2007, they see all the formating markups and have to go through a somewhat lengthy process every time they open the document to be able to see/print the document without markups, but then the form functions are lost. I've been told that there is no way to fix this, that 2003 and 2007 "don't talk." Surely there is something that can be done so the 2007 users can open the document and use the protected form without going through these steps: Review tab: Tracking: Show Mar...

Exchange 2003 Mailbox Rule Viewer #2
Does anyone know if there is a tool that will let you view/edit/delete user created mailbox rules? ...

I am trying to print on legal size paper, i cant set size.
I've tried print option to set up 8.5 x 14 paper put it wont hold the setting. Well, it is to do with your printer driver. Are you sure that the printer supports that paper size? Perhaps you can see if there is an updated driver for the printer. Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 14, 2:26=A0pm, Michele <Mich...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've tried print option to set up 8.5 x 14 paper put it wont hold the > setting. =A0 ...

Inter-office e-mail Exchange 5.5
I need help setting up Exchange 5.5 to not let inter-office e-mails leave our server. How do I get Exchange to just re-route an e-mail, addressed from one employee to another, without sending it out to the internet and having it immediately come back? Is Exchange smart enough to know that e-mail to @ourdomain.com doesn't need to leave the server? Any help would be appreciated, Thank You, Lauren On Wed, 4 May 2005 09:04:03 -0700, "Lauren Morris" <Lauren Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need help setting up Exchange 5.5 to not let inter-office e-mails ...

Outlook 2000 Freezes while Opening
Outlook freezes while in the process of opening - sometimes it will open, but it usually takes 10-15 minutes... Any ideas???? Close Outlook. Find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. (If using Windows 2000 or XP, you will need to enable searching hidden and system folders.) Once you have done so, reopen Outlook and it should open fine. You will need to rebuild any custom toolbars or customizations as the file outcmd.dat controls how the toolbars display. When it becomes corrupted, it will cause Outlook to hang because it cannot create the toolbars that you expect. --� Milly Staples [MVP...

I can't open outlook
When I'm logg on on my account I can't open the MSOutlook but if I logg on like a guest then I can. Where is the problem? milostef <milostef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I'm logg on on my account I can't open the MSOutlook What happens when you try? What version of Outlook? -- Brian Tillman ...

Two instances of iexplore.exe in Task Manager processes
XP Pro, SP3, IE8 I noticed that I had two instances of iexplore.exe running in Task Manager processes. Discovering this was part of my attempt to find out why I suddenly couldn't sign in to WLM. Having done some searching on different forums, I discovered that some people were blaming the BT Yahoo Toolbar for this behaviour. I have run the BT Toolbar without problems before, although I recently upgraded to version 8, so the new version may be the problem. I decided to open IE8 in "No Add Ons" mode but Task Manager still showed two iexplore.exe processes (o...

Deleted Exchange admin mailbox
One of my clients runs a Small Business Server 2003 with the associated Exchange Server. The server and the client workstations are not connected to the Internet, and use Exchange for intra-network communication. (A single workstation, not connected to the network, has been setup as an external email terminal). A few days ago we had trouble when we had to create a new user; and we observed that Windows did not create a mailbox for the new user. Figuring that the account was not created because we used up a restricted number of licenses, my coworker and I opted to remove mailboxes that we kn...

How to auto open inbox when I open Outlook without using snd rcv
When I open outlook I would like for Mial to be recived without having to hit Send/Recive, Thank you Very much nasc75 wrote: > When I open outlook I would like for Mial to be recived without > having to hit Send/Recive, Thank you Very much Then you need to set a time interval for polling for mail. Try Ctl-Alt-S ...

Open non-Inbox folder if any unread there
I want upon starting OL07 to have it normally go to Inbox, but instead go to folder XYZ if there is anything unread in XYZ. (BTW, I don't care if it does or doesn't when a new item arrives in XYZ after OL is running.) Can this be done within a Rule? This always applies to a certain Sender. Is there an action that changes the current folder when it fires the rule? How about an action that just opens the message (I'm surprised that I don't see that action listed)? I also noticed one of the actions for a rule is "run a script." Does that refer to a VBA sub name? If so...

System Commander and WinXPSP2
Here it is: I installed WinXP SP2 on my G: drive along side with Win2k no problem under SysCmdr9 . In WinXP I restored SC only I forgot to tell it that WinXPSP2 was installed. I can now only boot in Win2K on the G: drive. What do I need to tell SC9 that WinXP is on the G: drive? -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.facebook.com/dyadallee Hey! Hey! Ho! Ho! Lying Stephen Harper has got to go! Hey! Hey! Ho! Ho! ...

ShellExecute Open a Mail in Unicode
Hi I am having a Unicode environment for the application. Now I need to open a Mail which I do using ShellExecute () function. Now I pass parameter as mailto:?subject=My_Subject&body=My_Message Now I want the New Message window that is opened after this to show the Subject and Body in Unicode format. So I changed this to (Unicode Environemnt) ShellExecute(NULL, _T("open"), sWBuffer, NULL, NULL, SW_SHOWNORMAL); sWBuffer == _T("mailto:?subject=Some UNICODE&body=SOME UNICODE"); But ehrn I run this I get ???? characters in Subject and ???? in Message body. Can Y...

Cant get Money to work
when I try to use monwy to set up new account, all I get is "The list is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." This is the second night in a row that it has done this. Did I buy something that does not work???? In microsoft.public.money, Roaddog_tnkr wrote: >when I try to use monwy to set up new account, all I get is "The list is >temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." This is the second night >in a row that it has done this. Did I buy something that does not work???? What did you buy? What are you trying to install it on? On De...

Can't open binder file
I am trying to import a packed publication from my home PC to my office PC. The first time I did this it worked fine but now that I have updated the publication it unpacks to a .PUB file on the office PC but then when I double click it I get a message to the effect that this is not a binder file! Binder then opens with no file loaded. I have tried unpacking to several different drives but no luck. Anyone got any idea what is going wrong? The Binder is defunct - well and truly just like Bonsai Blair at the next election. In case you do not know what 'bonsai' means - it is littl...

Can't open attachments #3
On all the e-mails that I receive that show they have an attachment (the paperclip to the left of their addess), when I click on the paperclip, the attachments are not bold and when I attempt to open or save the attachment, nothing works. What do I need to do? Hi, I'm having the same problem. I'm using Outlook 2000, SP3 from MS Exhange 2000. Attachments are blocked. I know this is a Microsoft Security issue, however I beleive there is a registry fix for this. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks, Marc >-----Original Message----- >Is this Outlook or Outlook Expr...

HTM files do not open
Hi Everybody, 1. I have Vista Home Premium and Internet Explorer v 8. I never set anything about users or administrators since I am the only one using this computer. 2. I have many old graphics tutorials in HTM format which I downloaded some years ago when I was using Windows 98. They opened in Windows 98. 3. I can't open them with Vista. If I use FILE > OPEN in Internet Explorer, I get the HTML code. If I double click on the file in Windows Explorer, I get a message saying that Windows Internet Explorer is not responding. 4. I have a similar problem with HTM files wh...

from exchange machine i cant telnet to 25
all machine on customer lan are connecting to exchange server to post mail. when logged into the exchange server i launch cmd prompt and "telnet 192.168.0.10 25" and cant connect to smtp service (i.e from machine that host SMTP so network routing not involved) - netstat -na shows me port 25 is listening - simple mail transfer protocol is running as a service - sending mail via outlook on this server works and also show me a log on my exchange server that it coming from this servers public ip - default smtp virtual server, outbound security set at ANON. - default smtp virtua...

CRM 3.0
Hello all, Does anyone know if an Excel file can be opened from a custom button added to the Account form? We have added the button to the isv.config file, but the file doesn't open in Excel, it just displays characters in the window that opens. Any help is greatly appreciated. ...