Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

Hello,
I am having troubling applying Exchange 2003 Server SP 2. The error message
says I need to uninstall Intelligent Message Filtering  BEFORE I install SP2.
I try to uninstall IMF and it will not uninstall.

The error message says "There is a problem with this Windows Installer
Package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected.
Please contact your support personnel or package vendor. .....A Fatal error
during installation."

I've also reinstalled the original install of IMF and still the same issues.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Randy Hughes
0
Hughes (12)

Reinstall IMF v1 and uninstall. May need to restart between the 2 steps.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"Randy Hughes" <Randy Hughes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I am having troubling applying Exchange 2003 Server SP 2. The error
> message
> says I need to uninstall Intelligent Message Filtering  BEFORE I install
> SP2.
> I try to uninstall IMF and it will not uninstall.
>
> The error message says "There is a problem with this Windows Installer
> Package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected.
> Please contact your support personnel or package vendor. .....A Fatal
> error
> during installation."
>
> I've also reinstalled the original install of IMF and still the same
> issues.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Randy Hughes

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
3/22/2006 11:05:01 PM
I reinstalled IMF v6.5.7202.0, rebooted the server and tried to uninstall and
got the same error messages. Any thoughts on how to unistall manually?
Thanks,
Randy

"Bharat Suneja" wrote:

> Reinstall IMF v1 and uninstall. May need to restart between the 2 steps.
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> www.zenprise.com
> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>

> "Randy Hughes" <Randy Hughes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> > I am having troubling applying Exchange 2003 Server SP 2. The error
> > message
> > says I need to uninstall Intelligent Message Filtering  BEFORE I install
> > SP2.
> > I try to uninstall IMF and it will not uninstall.
> >
> > The error message says "There is a problem with this Windows Installer
> > Package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected.
> > Please contact your support personnel or package vendor. .....A Fatal
> > error
> > during installation."
> >
> > I've also reinstalled the original install of IMF and still the same
> > issues.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Randy Hughes

Exchange 2003 SP2 installation
1) There is no setup.exe after I expand the file under the setup\i386 or setup folders. There is one in the ADC folder .. the only file I see under setup\i386 is update.exe when I double click on that, it gives me an error message. Any idea's what's going on? 2) How do I determine what is the service pack level on my server? Do I start System Manager and go to Administrative groups and right click on my server and go to General Tab to see the service pack? Thank you 1. For an SP, it's update.exe. 2. Do determine the SP level, look on the properties of the server for the bui...

Access 2003
Hi, I am trying to set up a database on Access that Monitors incoming and outgoing email traffic for specific group addresses in an Exchange Enviroment. This only needs to be a simple culmulative count with a date stamp. Not too sure how I would start this. Many thanks in advance for any help that can be given. My guess is to use MAPI to connect to and interact with the server. From there, there should be code available to read the traffic. "MaccaUK" wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to set up a database on Access that Monitors incoming and > ...

Help. Log files are killing me. Exchange 2000
I just installed exchange 2000 on a new machine on a 36GIG drive. I have another empty 36GIG drive. I did not realize that log files take so much space. I only 3 GIG of free space left. 1. How can I move the log files to my empty drive? 2. How can I delete these files w/o any problem on Exchange? I mean almost 20GIG of log files in one day. Give me a break. 3. Is there a way to do that automatically. Thanks, On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 15:19:49 -0400, "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote: >I just installed exchange 2000 on a new machine on a 36GIG drive. I have >ano...

Rules-Outlook 2003-"on this machine only"
When I specify that I want to send a copy of all messages that I send in a specific account...i get the added cindition "on this machine only". I copy my pst file from machine a and b...I uderstand that I have to check to be sure that all rules are active after I copy from machine...but how do I get away from this unselected condition. Exactly the same thing happens when I specify that all messages that are received via a specific account be sent to a folder. ...

Non-Exchange Calendar Invitation Message was sent to Badmail
I have an Exchange 2003 with SP2. Some reason, non-Exchange calendar invitation messages were sent to Badmail and some users have missed some meeting. Is there some knows why it happens and how to resolve this issue? Thanks for your comments in advance. I would try to figure out what is wrong with the messages. This is likely a problem on the sender's end. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Cheongseo" <Cheongseo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7D8C6F2-9CB9-4DA6-8F06-...

CRM <-> Exchange Server Calendar
Is there any way in CRM 3.0 to link the User calendar to the matching Exchange calendar other that via the outlook client which I cant get to work ovr RPC HTTPS thanks in advance ...

Can Excel 2003 Do This?
Thanks in advance for anybody that can help me with this... Here's what I want to do: I have a workbook that I have recreated in excel for my boyfriends work. One of the sheets is a weekly production report that he sends in to his employer to get paid. There is a separate sheet that has a list of available units with three columns; 1)Unit ID, 2) Description, 3)Unit price. I would like to somehow make it so all he has to do is type in the Unit ID on the corresponding cell on the production report and have it automatically fill in the correct description, unit price & when he enters t...

Outlook 2003
Is there a text file to edit on the computer for this list, opposed to doing it in outlook 2003? No. The list is still built dynamically when you add senders to the list. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer BoDEAN <jbo@not_a_valid_email_addy.com> asked: | Is there a text file to edit on the computer for this list, opposed to | doing it in outlook 2003? ...

To MS: bug report for Outlook 2003
Hello, I did not find any website to submit a bug report, so I use this newsgroup. Outlook 2003, german, all updates applied (22 july 05) Problems with rules: I have about 15 email accounts defined and about 30 rules. When I create a rule to move received email to an other folder, and when using 'Emails received on this account' this is not working problerly: For some rules the wrong account is used. When I edit the rule in the list a wrong account is displayed (and is used for the rule) but when I click to change the account, the correct account is dispalyed. I have imported 30...

Backup a users mailbox in Exchange 2003
We have recently terminated a couple employees, and I would like to make a copy of their mailboxes. How do I go about doing this? -- Chuck On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 06:36:02 -0800, chb12 <chb12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have recently terminated a couple employees, and I would like to make a >copy of their mailboxes. How do I go about doing this? Exmerge is always a good option. What I normally do is open their mailbox on my outlook, then create a PST (name it the users name). Once the PST is created I copy the contents of their mailbox into the PST. From there you ...

Outloo 2003 pst files
I upgraded office xp with office 2003 beta....on Nov 30th when beta expired i went back to using office xp..all works apart from i am unable to access the pst files i created when i was using outloo 2003...any advice on how i can access these files?? pls reply to my email: tahir_uk@yahoo.com Thanks Check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2003.htm#betaexp -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Tahir" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Missing function in Excel 2003 #2
I have a user that is complaining about a missing function in Excel 2003. He calls it a "Coalition matrix", I have never heard of it before. He used to have it in Excel 2000. Any ideas? Hi never heard about this. Maybe he has to install the Analysis Toolpak Addin ('tools - addins'). "Galldrian" wrote: > I have a user that is complaining about a missing function in Excel > 2003. He calls it a "Coalition matrix", I have never heard of it > before. He used to have it in Excel 2000. Any ideas? > Never heard of a coalition matrix. The Analysi...

Converting Access 2002 to Access 2003 Database
Hi My company has just updated to Window Xp professional ( Operating System ) and Microsoft Office Xp professional. Previous version were Window 2000 and Microsoft Office Xp professional. I have quite few Access database design in Access 2002 ( ie Office Xp ) When I try to convert this database to Access 2003, it gave me error, saying I need to download and update " Microsoft Jet 4.0 service pack 8". I downloaded and updated my systems. When I try to open this database, I get following error " Security Warning : Unsafe expressions are not blocked. Microsoft jet 4.0 service ...

Outlook / Exchange 2003 user connection problem
Ok, we are doing our Outlook configuration in a two step process first we add the Computer to the domain ( not the user ). Then we configure Outlook with the exchange server and user information. All of our users are created and have a default password. Problem is that when we go to setup Outlook we are only able to setup 2 - 5 computers a day. After we get 2 - 5 setup, when we try to install/configue another Outlook client we receive a message that say Cannot connect to Exchange server or Exchange server does not exist. But if we wait a day and go back to setting up Outlook again we are ab...

Move Local Folders from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003
I received Office 2003 as a gift. I added a new email account in Outlook 2003, so hopefully my mail will stop going to Outlook Express and start arriving at Outlook 2003. Can I move my local folders from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003. If so how. Bob J ...

opening a word 2003 document with word 2007
I created some documents on Word 2003 and have been unable to open them with Word 2007. I tried saving them as .docx and .rtf on Word 2003 with no luck. The posts that I have seen thus far have not helped. Does anyone have any suggestions? What happens when you try? Word 2007 should have no difficulty opening Word 2003 documents or RTF documents. Word 2003 can only save docx format if it has the compatibility pack installed. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word...

Not able to send / recv Attachments in the Exchange Server
Hi, We are facing some probelms for receiving / sending Attachments with the Emails. Please reply either on above or qasimpurathil@hotmail.com / kasimpt@yahoo.com Regards, Kasim Does it go to the Outbox or error before that? Does it leave the Outbox? Do you get an NDR? Does the recipient get a mail with the attachment stripped? Is sending to local users affected? -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script s...

Compatibility between Outlook 2003 and Exchange 5.5
Are there any compatibility issues between Outlook 2003 and Exchange 5.5? We installed about 30 PCs with Outlook 2003. We configured them to connect to our Exchange 5.5 server, NOT using "Cached Exchange Mode." When users switch from Calendar to Inbox and back or from Notes to Inbox and back, there is a noticeable delay--about 5-10 seconds--and we get a pop-up balloon in the systray that the client is trying to connect and retrieve information from the Exchange server. We are on a 100Mbps switched network and each client has 100Mbps connection on the PC. The server also has a 10...

Routing Issues with Exchange 5.5
As part of a migration process to get my company's mail out of the ark and across from Exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003, we have some routing issues that I can't get to work right. Our 5.5 site has an X400 site connector to a backbone. The 5.5 backbone site has an IMS pointing to the Internet (address space *). I wish, however, to arrange for our site to deliver any mail for @company.com to be delivered to the Exchange 2003 organisation. I create a local IMS with an address space of company.com and a cost of 1, pointing to a smart host at the Exchange 2003 org. The 5.5 system ...

SMTP Error 452 4.3.1 Out of memory in Exchange Server 2000
After a successful Disaster Recovery of a Exchange 2000 Server (which is a Windows Domain Controller) - I installed Win 2000 Server + SP4, Exchange 2000 + SP3 and the Exchange Backup I get this strange error when I try to TELNET servername 25 and send the MAIL FROM:myself@mydomain.com 452 4.3.1 Out of memory The SMTP Service throws this error, but I can't find any hint in the event log. There is plenty of space on all disks and the permissions on "vsi 1" folders are also correct. Maybe an important hint: Prior to do the test, I installed the Trendmicro Client Server Messaging ...

How does Outlook 2003 handle the MIME type message/rfc822?
Hello, could anyone tell me excactly how Microsoft Outlook 2003 handles the MIME mediatype "message/rfc822"? The reason I am asking is because I am currently working on a gateway to convert mail from a custom format to the rfc2822/rfc2045-2049 specification(s). In this custom format, it is entirely possible for a mail message to have whole mail messages attached. It seemed like this would be easily solved by using the message/rfc822-type to include the entire mail, but this turned out to be a problem if the attatched mail was itself a MIME multipart-message. In that case, Outlook si...

Calender Problem after Exchange Migration
Hi all, I've got a bit of a Exch Calendar problem. We recently migrated from Exch2000 Srv to Exch2003 Srv. We also changed domain names (AD and company) as well. Due to time constraints and other issues I won't go into, things were a little rushed and the way we did the migration was probably not by the MS rules. Basically we restored a backup of the mailboxes from the old Exch2000 server to the new Exch2003 server. This was done via Qinetix MB idata agent. We thought this would be quicker than exporting the mailbox's out as PST files and then importing them. This part app...

Outlook 2003 hangs opening msg with attachments
I just upgraded to Office 2003 from Office XP on Windows XP Pro. Outlook 2002 worked just fine. Now Outlook 2003 three hangs often, especially when I am trying to open a message and almost always when the message has an attachment. Sometimes I can go to the file menu and open it from there but from the right-click menu or double-clicking it hangs sometimes with no attachment and almost always if there is an attachment. Anyone know how to fix this? Lee Robinson ...

Do I need Windows 2003 Enterprise for Exchange 2003 Enterprise?
Hi I am upgrading our server to Windows 2003 either Standard or Enterprise. I know that I want Exchange 2003 Enterprise because we have the Standard version at the moment and are about to hit the 16GB limit. Do I need Windows 2003 Enterprise for Exchange 2003 Enterprise? What will Windows 2003 Enterprise give me that Standard does not? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. No you don't. You would only need Windows 2003 Enterprise if you are planning on doing clustering. I'm sure there are some other things it will get you, but clustering capability is one of the big additions. -...

stopping 2003 enterprise CA
Hello all I have an enterprise 2003 CA that's running on a DC. I want to stop the CA services on this box, to get an idea of what might break out in the wild. When stopping the CA services, will machines that already have a cert from the CA, be able to use this cert to authenticate? example we issue certs for wireless access to the network, if the machine already has the cert, they should still be able to use the wireless network, but I wanted to ask the questions to the experts Thanks If you Install CA on AD then you can't modify anything like computer name and ...