Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

Hello,
I am having troubling applying Exchange 2003 Server SP 2. The error message
says I need to uninstall Intelligent Message Filtering  BEFORE I install SP2.
I try to uninstall IMF and it will not uninstall.

The error message says "There is a problem with this Windows Installer
Package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected.
Please contact your support personnel or package vendor. .....A Fatal error
during installation."

I've also reinstalled the original install of IMF and still the same issues.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Randy Hughes
0
Hughes (12)

Reinstall IMF v1 and uninstall. May need to restart between the 2 steps.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"Randy Hughes" <Randy Hughes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I am having troubling applying Exchange 2003 Server SP 2. The error
> message
> says I need to uninstall Intelligent Message Filtering  BEFORE I install
> SP2.
> I try to uninstall IMF and it will not uninstall.
>
> The error message says "There is a problem with this Windows Installer
> Package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected.
> Please contact your support personnel or package vendor. .....A Fatal
> error
> during installation."
>
> I've also reinstalled the original install of IMF and still the same
> issues.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Randy Hughes

0
bharatsuneja1 (3145)
3/22/2006 11:05:01 PM
I reinstalled IMF v6.5.7202.0, rebooted the server and tried to uninstall and
got the same error messages. Any thoughts on how to unistall manually?
Thanks,
Randy

"Bharat Suneja" wrote:

> Reinstall IMF v1 and uninstall. May need to restart between the 2 steps.
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> www.zenprise.com
> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>

> "Randy Hughes" <Randy Hughes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> > I am having troubling applying Exchange 2003 Server SP 2. The error
> > message
> > says I need to uninstall Intelligent Message Filtering  BEFORE I install
> > SP2.
> > I try to uninstall IMF and it will not uninstall.
> >
> > The error message says "There is a problem with this Windows Installer
> > Package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected.
> > Please contact your support personnel or package vendor. .....A Fatal
> > error
> > during installation."
> >
> > I've also reinstalled the original install of IMF and still the same
> > issues.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Randy Hughes

Exchange 2003 locales
We're receiving the error when users are attempting to send mail using Japenese characters through OWA. "After changing the locales supported on this server, be sure the appropriate Windows code pages are installed and restart the Microsoft Exchange Server Services" Help!!! IIRC, you'd have to add the locale in Windows - part of that is installing fonts. Will need a restart. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Dame" <bigcity213@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1129924003.7681...

question about IMF
Dear all: If I send the email out, will IMF learn the reception user and add them to white-list? If yes, where is the IMF database? Many thanks for your reply! IMF will not learn, but Outlook will allow you to automatically add people you send email to to your safe senders list. The safe senders list is stored with your mailbox on the server and IMF will respect it (as long as IMF didn't block it at the gateway). -GT "David" <david@idle.com.tw.nospam> wrote in message news:eFPi8qSyEHA.1524@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Dear all: > > > > If ...

Outlook won't connect to Exchange
I have this Windows 2000 machine whith Outlook 2002 installed. When I try to add an Exchange 2000 account, it comes out "Outlook could not log you on. Check to make sure you are connected to the network and are using the proper server and mailbox name". All of that stuff is Correct. Server is correct, mailbox is correct, etc. Then if I click ok, or force it, it comes out "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable". I hace checked RPC's Registry entries and version and they are OK. What could be causing this thing? Please help... Thanks Daurys Please che...

Stuck with Exchange 2007
My client insists that I role out Exchange 2007 by the end of April. I would have to say Exchange 2007 is the most half assed attempt MS has ever made of releasing a product. It is at best in beta stage as far as I can see. I've read that all the stuff that 2003 did should be released by SP1 but that is a long ways off. I don't know any of the esoteric EMS script commandlets sniglets which are completely required to administer an Exchange 2007 server. I realize with SP1 that all that should be back in the EMC like it was in 2000, 2003 but my client won't wait. Ca...

Office Clipboard in Office XP and Office 2003
Hi, How do I turn this off permanently? If I click on Options when it appears and select 'Don't show Office Clipboard automatically', it only gets rid off it until I restart Excel at which time I have to do it again. I'd like to turn it off permanently. Any help would be appreciated. George Hi George In Excel 2002 the option is; "Show show Office Clipboard automatically'' not "Dont show Office Clipboard automatically" ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore! Free Excel Forum http...

Exchange Rights Issue
Somehow my brand new installation of Exchange 2003 has misstated AD rights, when I launch Exchange System Manager I get a window "Exchange System Manager; Facility win32; ID NO: c0070005 ; Exchange System Manager". It will not open. I get a similar error when opening AD Users and Computers MMC snapin. I am logged in as "administrator" on the domain and it appears to have proper rights. Is there some way to fix this??? Brian Hatchell bhatchell@netsolutionsinc.com Does this apply? 323915 XADM: "c0070005" Error Message If You Try to Access a Tab in Exch...

IMF Gateway Blocking Configuration #2
I have my IMF set to archive mail. I read and article that I cannot seem to find that says that I should reject the messages so that when I get a false positive the sender (if legitimate) can contact us and let us know that their message was rejected. On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 07:12:03 -0700, Tyson <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have my IMF set to archive mail. I read and article that I cannot seem to >find that says that I should reject the messages so that when I get a false >positive the sender (if legitimate) can contact us and let us know that their >m...

Exchange
Hi guys, I guess this is a part question part tip post. I've just added a 2003 DC to my 2000 environment running 2003 Exchange. I'm planning to decomission the DCs running 2000 Server and make the domain running at 2003 functional level. Do I need to change anything to my Exchange 20003? Does the following article apply to my situation? This is a good question to apply to all those MCSAs out there. Found this neat trick on USENET while working in a lab environment, where some DC's were yanked out of the AD after installing Exchange 2003. Use this procedure with caution. ...

Exchange clusters
Hello Everyone, I am running two exchange2k3 server clusters on win2k3 servers. I am going to install service pack 2 for exchange2k3. Which cluster do I install it on first? The active cluster or the passive cluster? Thank you, Most appreciative, Do you mean you're running one cluster with two nodes? If you were to install on the active node, Exchange will shut down and the passive node will become the active node. So, it's clear that you should install first on the passive node, fail over, then install on the passive node (which was formerly the active node). -- Ed Crow...

Exchange
Can i have private folders in Exchange 2003 ? I want to reduce my on-line mailbox usage but keep all my old mails so i can access them locally. Please define Private Folders? Folders not accessible by other users? Yes. If you want to keep mails above your mailbox storage limit, use archiving to a .pst file. Check with your Exchange admin as many disable .pst files for good reasons. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted with...

public contacts
I have a problem where a user cannot display the public contacts folder as an email address book in outlook. i know the process > public folder properties > outlook address book > show folder as and email address book> the problem is the tick box for this is greyed out. i have 50 users with same permission setting etc that work fine. any ideas ?? Outlook/Exchange version? What happens if they add it to their favorites (or PF Favorites)? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to...

Exchange 2003 sp2 on automatic update
Is service pack 2 for Exchange 2003 available (automatically) on Microsoft Update? I just installed a copy of SBS 2003, and did a full update: Exchange sp2 was not offered. Does anyone know what gives? (david) You Have to download the Service Pack Manually. "david" <david@nospam.nospam> wrote in message news:u1WaX8ypKHA.4836@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is service pack 2 for Exchange 2003 available (automatically) on Microsoft > Update? > > I just installed a copy of SBS 2003, and did a full update: Exchange sp2 > was not offered. &g...

Login required when trying to use Outlook (with Exchange 2007)
Hey everyone, Just recently we installed SP1 on our Exchange 2007 server. It seems (and I could be wrong) that since then, some users (both Outlook 2003 and 2007) have been forced to supply logon credentials to open a shared calendar, share their calendar or receive emails. Does anyone know what causes this? ...

outlook 2003
I may be mistaken, but i think in previous version of outlook i could open multiple instances of outlook so i could hope between my inbox and contacts, etc. Is this still doable - is there an alternative way under 2003? Thanks Fred Jacobowitz Sure. Right-click the folder you want to open and choose Open in New Window. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Fred Jacobowitz" <Oakleigh@OptOnline.Net> wrote in message news:uuI...

office unistall
I updated office v.x to 10.1.4 accidentally without installing update 10.1.2 I have tried many times to uninstall office so that i can reinstall and update it in the proper order. Undortunately no matter how I proceed in the uninstall, when I reinstall it, it comes back as 10.1.4 Any help would be appreciated. As I mentioned I have unistalled it many times some using the remove feature packaged with it, others manually following the guidlines from microsoft. In article <864373ef.0405301946.79cdf48e@posting.google.com>, adam@ledinvideo.com (lippmana) wrote: > I updated office v...

IMF on NLB front end servers?
We run Exchange with a clustered back-end and a pair of front end servers using NLB. Will this scenario work: - configure the FE servers as SMTP bridgehead servers (set them both and apply costs) - install Exchange Intelligent Message Filter on both FE servers. We cannot install on back-end since IMF does not work with clustered servers. Thanks. -GT Hi GT, That scenario should work just fine for you. Hope this helps. -- Scott Schnoll Microsoft This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email directly to this alias. This ...

Exchange Envelope Journaling
I have several servers which have envelope journaling enabled. The mailbox that the journals are sent to is an exchange server hosting only the journaling recipient's mailbox. Don't ask me why, but before it is delivered, I need to get the journal's to go through an SMTP proxy that we have which can then forward them to the appropriate exchange server. How can I do this? Thanks, Sam Set Custom Recipient (with address 1@a.b) as recipient of journaled messages. Specify domain a.b on that specialized server as routed inbound and assign address 1@a.b to one mailbox. This is gener...

exchange 2003 X400 connector to exchange 5.5?
We currently have 2 different organizations/different domains and .coms - one is 2003 and one is still 5.5. For DR purposes, I need to know if I can set up a 2003 SMTP server and create x400 connectors to my 5.5 org and sites and vice versa just for mail routing in case my bridgeheads go down. My feeling is, I'll have to set up 2 servers: exchange 2003 (to talk to our folks that have already migrated) and exchange 5.5 for the rest of the folks. Has anyone had to do this - am I off base or is there some white paper that may discuss this. Let me know if I did not give enough i...

Unistall Exchange
Hi, i need to unistall Exchange as i badly corrupted the priv1.edb and .stm files, and have completely lost the pub1.edb and.stm files too.. I cant create new stores, i cant shift the users from the stores that are in use (not mounted or mountable) i cant uninstall becasue of user attached to the stores either.. I have back .pst files, so i just want to flatten Exchange and start again.. some point me in the right direction of a step-by-step, or any suggestions for 'ripping it out' Simon On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:35:06 -0700, "Simon Roberts" <SimonRoberts@discuss...

Dual Message delivery between Exchange on-premises and Exchange on
Hi, Can we do a dual delivery of messages on both Exchange on-premise and online? If so can you please share the process or links. Regards -- Vivin On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 05:54:04 -0800, Vivin George <VivinGeorge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >Can we do a dual delivery of messages on both Exchange on-premise and >online? If so can you please share the process or links. > >Regards No because the message is delivered to a single mailbox. And that's about as far as I am allowed to say right now. Thanks Mark. Just to clarify I am looking to...

increase exchange drive space
Hardware RAID 5 Software Win 2000 SP4 Exch 2000 SP3 Exchange, Store and Log files are on a D drive partition. The capacity of D drive is getting close to full. Even offline defrags using eseutil do not help much. After reconfiguration of server, I have some unused space. Question is how to make that space D drive. Two options: 1. Make disk dynamic and add or join the spare space. 2. Stop IIS and Exchange services, backup D, delete partition, create new bigger partition as D, restore and start services. Any comments if one or other method is better or other method recommendations? Che...

synchronizing outlook 2003 with palm
can't seem to figure out how to make this happen and can't find anything helpful on the web. can anyone help me? got a step by step document? I'm running XP on my pc and Palm OS 5.2.1 on my new Tungsten E. Thanks! Did the palm software come with sync software and instructions? Generally, you install and configure the sync software and connect the palm to the pc. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outloo...

STOP IMF
Hello, Is it possible to stop the Intelligint Message filter on my exchange2003? "Ponch" <wavdp@belgacom.net> wrote in message news:OtHesuSlGHA.4244@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is it possible to stop the Intelligint Message filter on my > exchange2003? You can de-select the checkbox in the Advanced properties of your SMTP Virtual Server in ESM. Lee. -- _______________________________________ Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP www.owapda.com email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m _______________________________________ sorry i only find prope...

Exchange mit mehreren virtuellen Mails?
hallo miteinander, kann mir jemand die frage beantworten, wie ich bei meinem exchange 2003 server einstellen kann, dass er mehrerere email-adressen (z.b. xxx@yyy.de und aaa@zzz.de) annimmt. Danke Christoph I think you're looking for this: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF010.html BTW, this is an English NG. The German one is microsoft.public.de.exchange -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "gooseman" <chrismess@gmx.net> wrote in message news:ffb46bd0.0408040149.1b094a1@posting.google.com... >...

Automating Exchange Mailbox Export
Hello, We need to automate the procedure of exporting a users (inbox, sent, deleted items) mailbox file on a weekly basis. We are running an exchange server with Outlook 2003 as the clients. I'd prefer to export as a .csv file if possible. Thanks in advance. The import/export wizard is not exposed to developers and requires programming your own export routine. If this is something your not comfortable with, you might want to take a peek at http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm to see if you can find something that can be automated. "Dan L" <dan@cytex.net> ...