Cannot start pop3 and Imap4 service

I just install a new exchange server in a new domain.

and i can't start POP3 and IMAP4 service

I have somme errors in the event viewer.

a first message :
Source : POP3SVC
EventID: 1040
Description : An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange 
POP3 Service: the call to DwInitializeInstances() failed with error 0x64a.

the second one :

Source : POP3SVC
EventID: 1040
Description :An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange 
POP3 Service: the call to IIS_SERVICE::StartServiceOperation() failed 
with error 0x64a.

it seem to have some pb with the IIS configuration. i can't start OWA too.

Xavier.
0
6/14/2006 2:48:12 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

14 Replies
600 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 3

Can you change the startup type to disable/manual? If so restart your 
machine. The bigger problem is probably OWA. Do you know of anything that 
may have caused this problem?

Nue
"Xavier NICOLLE" <xavier.nicolle@virginmobile.fr> wrote in message 
news:OffGNG8jGHA.836@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>I just install a new exchange server in a new domain.
>
> and i can't start POP3 and IMAP4 service
>
> I have somme errors in the event viewer.
>
> a first message :
> Source : POP3SVC
> EventID: 1040
> Description : An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange POP3 
> Service: the call to DwInitializeInstances() failed with error 0x64a.
>
> the second one :
>
> Source : POP3SVC
> EventID: 1040
> Description :An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange POP3 
> Service: the call to IIS_SERVICE::StartServiceOperation() failed with 
> error 0x64a.
>
> it seem to have some pb with the IIS configuration. i can't start OWA too.
>
> Xavier. 


0
imaneophyte (3004)
6/14/2006 3:21:50 PM
I already change the startup type to Automatique it was Disable.

i think i need a exchange application pool in IIS for Exchange 
application for OWA. I don't have it for the moment.



Nuevo a �crit :
> Can you change the startup type to disable/manual? If so restart your 
> machine. The bigger problem is probably OWA. Do you know of anything that 
> may have caused this problem?
> 
> Nue
> "Xavier NICOLLE" <xavier.nicolle@virginmobile.fr> wrote in message 
> news:OffGNG8jGHA.836@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> I just install a new exchange server in a new domain.
>>
>> and i can't start POP3 and IMAP4 service
>>
>> I have somme errors in the event viewer.
>>
>> a first message :
>> Source : POP3SVC
>> EventID: 1040
>> Description : An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange POP3 
>> Service: the call to DwInitializeInstances() failed with error 0x64a.
>>
>> the second one :
>>
>> Source : POP3SVC
>> EventID: 1040
>> Description :An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange POP3 
>> Service: the call to IIS_SERVICE::StartServiceOperation() failed with 
>> error 0x64a.
>>
>> it seem to have some pb with the IIS configuration. i can't start OWA too.
>>
>> Xavier. 
> 
> 
0
6/14/2006 3:39:55 PM
I'd consider a reinstall:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320202/en-us

Nue
"Xavier NICOLLE" <xavier.nicolle@virginmobile.fr> wrote in message 
news:%23ZKwBj8jGHA.1320@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>I already change the startup type to Automatique it was Disable.
>
> i think i need a exchange application pool in IIS for Exchange application 
> for OWA. I don't have it for the moment.
>
>
>
> Nuevo a �crit :
>> Can you change the startup type to disable/manual? If so restart your 
>> machine. The bigger problem is probably OWA. Do you know of anything that 
>> may have caused this problem?
>>
>> Nue
>> "Xavier NICOLLE" <xavier.nicolle@virginmobile.fr> wrote in message 
>> news:OffGNG8jGHA.836@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> I just install a new exchange server in a new domain.
>>>
>>> and i can't start POP3 and IMAP4 service
>>>
>>> I have somme errors in the event viewer.
>>>
>>> a first message :
>>> Source : POP3SVC
>>> EventID: 1040
>>> Description : An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange 
>>> POP3 Service: the call to DwInitializeInstances() failed with error 
>>> 0x64a.
>>>
>>> the second one :
>>>
>>> Source : POP3SVC
>>> EventID: 1040
>>> Description :An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange 
>>> POP3 Service: the call to IIS_SERVICE::StartServiceOperation() failed 
>>> with error 0x64a.
>>>
>>> it seem to have some pb with the IIS configuration. i can't start OWA 
>>> too.
>>>
>>> Xavier.
>> 

0
imaneophyte (3004)
6/14/2006 4:16:41 PM
Do you have site server installed on the same machine as your exchange server?

Have a look at this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/288200/en-us

"Nuevo" wrote:

> I'd consider a reinstall:
> 
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320202/en-us
> 
> Nue
> "Xavier NICOLLE" <xavier.nicolle@virginmobile.fr> wrote in message 
> news:%23ZKwBj8jGHA.1320@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> >I already change the startup type to Automatique it was Disable.
> >
> > i think i need a exchange application pool in IIS for Exchange application 
> > for OWA. I don't have it for the moment.
> >
> >
> >
> > Nuevo a écrit :
> >> Can you change the startup type to disable/manual? If so restart your 
> >> machine. The bigger problem is probably OWA. Do you know of anything that 
> >> may have caused this problem?
> >>
> >> Nue
> >> "Xavier NICOLLE" <xavier.nicolle@virginmobile.fr> wrote in message 
> >> news:OffGNG8jGHA.836@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> >>> I just install a new exchange server in a new domain.
> >>>
> >>> and i can't start POP3 and IMAP4 service
> >>>
> >>> I have somme errors in the event viewer.
> >>>
> >>> a first message :
> >>> Source : POP3SVC
> >>> EventID: 1040
> >>> Description : An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange 
> >>> POP3 Service: the call to DwInitializeInstances() failed with error 
> >>> 0x64a.
> >>>
> >>> the second one :
> >>>
> >>> Source : POP3SVC
> >>> EventID: 1040
> >>> Description :An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange 
> >>> POP3 Service: the call to IIS_SERVICE::StartServiceOperation() failed 
> >>> with error 0x64a.
> >>>
> >>> it seem to have some pb with the IIS configuration. i can't start OWA 
> >>> too.
> >>>
> >>> Xavier.
> >> 
> 
> 
0
Jude (110)
6/14/2006 10:27:01 PM
No i don't have site server installed on this server.


jude a écrit :
> Do you have site server installed on the same machine as your exchange server?
> 
> Have a look at this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/288200/en-us
> 
> "Nuevo" wrote:
> 
>> I'd consider a reinstall:
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320202/en-us
>>
>> Nue
>> "Xavier NICOLLE" <xavier.nicolle@virginmobile.fr> wrote in message 
>> news:%23ZKwBj8jGHA.1320@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> I already change the startup type to Automatique it was Disable.
>>>
>>> i think i need a exchange application pool in IIS for Exchange application 
>>> for OWA. I don't have it for the moment.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Nuevo a écrit :
>>>> Can you change the startup type to disable/manual? If so restart your 
>>>> machine. The bigger problem is probably OWA. Do you know of anything that 
>>>> may have caused this problem?
>>>>
>>>> Nue
>>>> "Xavier NICOLLE" <xavier.nicolle@virginmobile.fr> wrote in message 
>>>> news:OffGNG8jGHA.836@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>>>> I just install a new exchange server in a new domain.
>>>>>
>>>>> and i can't start POP3 and IMAP4 service
>>>>>
>>>>> I have somme errors in the event viewer.
>>>>>
>>>>> a first message :
>>>>> Source : POP3SVC
>>>>> EventID: 1040
>>>>> Description : An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange 
>>>>> POP3 Service: the call to DwInitializeInstances() failed with error 
>>>>> 0x64a.
>>>>>
>>>>> the second one :
>>>>>
>>>>> Source : POP3SVC
>>>>> EventID: 1040
>>>>> Description :An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange 
>>>>> POP3 Service: the call to IIS_SERVICE::StartServiceOperation() failed 
>>>>> with error 0x64a.
>>>>>
>>>>> it seem to have some pb with the IIS configuration. i can't start OWA 
>>>>> too.
>>>>>
>>>>> Xavier.
>>
0
6/15/2006 1:11:36 PM
The reason I asked was that these error messages indicate that you do.

Since you do not, is there anything else running on this exchange server or 
is it on a member server.

"Xavier NICOLLE" wrote:

> No i don't have site server installed on this server.
> 
> 
> jude a écrit :
> > Do you have site server installed on the same machine as your exchange server?
> > 
> > Have a look at this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/288200/en-us
> > 
> > "Nuevo" wrote:
> > 
> >> I'd consider a reinstall:
> >>
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320202/en-us
> >>
> >> Nue
> >> "Xavier NICOLLE" <xavier.nicolle@virginmobile.fr> wrote in message 
> >> news:%23ZKwBj8jGHA.1320@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> >>> I already change the startup type to Automatique it was Disable.
> >>>
> >>> i think i need a exchange application pool in IIS for Exchange application 
> >>> for OWA. I don't have it for the moment.
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> Nuevo a écrit :
> >>>> Can you change the startup type to disable/manual? If so restart your 
> >>>> machine. The bigger problem is probably OWA. Do you know of anything that 
> >>>> may have caused this problem?
> >>>>
> >>>> Nue
> >>>> "Xavier NICOLLE" <xavier.nicolle@virginmobile.fr> wrote in message 
> >>>> news:OffGNG8jGHA.836@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> >>>>> I just install a new exchange server in a new domain.
> >>>>>
> >>>>> and i can't start POP3 and IMAP4 service
> >>>>>
> >>>>> I have somme errors in the event viewer.
> >>>>>
> >>>>> a first message :
> >>>>> Source : POP3SVC
> >>>>> EventID: 1040
> >>>>> Description : An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange 
> >>>>> POP3 Service: the call to DwInitializeInstances() failed with error 
> >>>>> 0x64a.
> >>>>>
> >>>>> the second one :
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Source : POP3SVC
> >>>>> EventID: 1040
> >>>>> Description :An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange 
> >>>>> POP3 Service: the call to IIS_SERVICE::StartServiceOperation() failed 
> >>>>> with error 0x64a.
> >>>>>
> >>>>> it seem to have some pb with the IIS configuration. i can't start OWA 
> >>>>> too.
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Xavier.
> >>
> 
0
Jude (110)
6/15/2006 1:46:01 PM
It's a Domain Controler for sure.



jude a écrit :
> The reason I asked was that these error messages indicate that you do.
> 
> Since you do not, is there anything else running on this exchange server or 
> is it on a member server.
> 
> "Xavier NICOLLE" wrote:
> 
>> No i don't have site server installed on this server.
>>
>>
>> jude a écrit :
>>> Do you have site server installed on the same machine as your exchange server?
>>>
>>> Have a look at this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/288200/en-us
>>>
>>> "Nuevo" wrote:
>>>
>>>> I'd consider a reinstall:
>>>>
>>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320202/en-us
>>>>
>>>> Nue
>>>> "Xavier NICOLLE" <xavier.nicolle@virginmobile.fr> wrote in message 
>>>> news:%23ZKwBj8jGHA.1320@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>>>> I already change the startup type to Automatique it was Disable.
>>>>>
>>>>> i think i need a exchange application pool in IIS for Exchange application 
>>>>> for OWA. I don't have it for the moment.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Nuevo a écrit :
>>>>>> Can you change the startup type to disable/manual? If so restart your 
>>>>>> machine. The bigger problem is probably OWA. Do you know of anything that 
>>>>>> may have caused this problem?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Nue
>>>>>> "Xavier NICOLLE" <xavier.nicolle@virginmobile.fr> wrote in message 
>>>>>> news:OffGNG8jGHA.836@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>>>>>> I just install a new exchange server in a new domain.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> and i can't start POP3 and IMAP4 service
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I have somme errors in the event viewer.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> a first message :
>>>>>>> Source : POP3SVC
>>>>>>> EventID: 1040
>>>>>>> Description : An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange 
>>>>>>> POP3 Service: the call to DwInitializeInstances() failed with error 
>>>>>>> 0x64a.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> the second one :
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Source : POP3SVC
>>>>>>> EventID: 1040
>>>>>>> Description :An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange 
>>>>>>> POP3 Service: the call to IIS_SERVICE::StartServiceOperation() failed 
>>>>>>> with error 0x64a.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> it seem to have some pb with the IIS configuration. i can't start OWA 
>>>>>>> too.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Xavier.
0
6/15/2006 2:15:49 PM
Are you running IIS on this machine?

If so find out what services are stopped that are related to IIS and try to 
start them up


"Xavier NICOLLE" wrote:

> It's a Domain Controler for sure.
> 
> 
> 
> jude a écrit :
> > The reason I asked was that these error messages indicate that you do.
> > 
> > Since you do not, is there anything else running on this exchange server or 
> > is it on a member server.
> > 
> > "Xavier NICOLLE" wrote:
> > 
> >> No i don't have site server installed on this server.
> >>
> >>
> >> jude a écrit :
> >>> Do you have site server installed on the same machine as your exchange server?
> >>>
> >>> Have a look at this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/288200/en-us
> >>>
> >>> "Nuevo" wrote:
> >>>
> >>>> I'd consider a reinstall:
> >>>>
> >>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320202/en-us
> >>>>
> >>>> Nue
> >>>> "Xavier NICOLLE" <xavier.nicolle@virginmobile.fr> wrote in message 
> >>>> news:%23ZKwBj8jGHA.1320@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> >>>>> I already change the startup type to Automatique it was Disable.
> >>>>>
> >>>>> i think i need a exchange application pool in IIS for Exchange application 
> >>>>> for OWA. I don't have it for the moment.
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Nuevo a écrit :
> >>>>>> Can you change the startup type to disable/manual? If so restart your 
> >>>>>> machine. The bigger problem is probably OWA. Do you know of anything that 
> >>>>>> may have caused this problem?
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>> Nue
> >>>>>> "Xavier NICOLLE" <xavier.nicolle@virginmobile.fr> wrote in message 
> >>>>>> news:OffGNG8jGHA.836@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> >>>>>>> I just install a new exchange server in a new domain.
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>> and i can't start POP3 and IMAP4 service
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>> I have somme errors in the event viewer.
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>> a first message :
> >>>>>>> Source : POP3SVC
> >>>>>>> EventID: 1040
> >>>>>>> Description : An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange 
> >>>>>>> POP3 Service: the call to DwInitializeInstances() failed with error 
> >>>>>>> 0x64a.
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>> the second one :
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>> Source : POP3SVC
> >>>>>>> EventID: 1040
> >>>>>>> Description :An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange 
> >>>>>>> POP3 Service: the call to IIS_SERVICE::StartServiceOperation() failed 
> >>>>>>> with error 0x64a.
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>> it seem to have some pb with the IIS configuration. i can't start OWA 
> >>>>>>> too.
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>> Xavier.
> 
0
Jude (110)
6/15/2006 4:11:02 PM
The problem is i don't have the application pool for exchange in IIS ... 
i don't knwo how to reinstall it.


jude a écrit :
> Are you running IIS on this machine?
> 
> If so find out what services are stopped that are related to IIS and try to 
> start them up
> 
> 
> "Xavier NICOLLE" wrote:
> 
>> It's a Domain Controler for sure.
>>
>>
>>
>> jude a écrit :
>>> The reason I asked was that these error messages indicate that you do.
>>>
>>> Since you do not, is there anything else running on this exchange server or 
>>> is it on a member server.
>>>
>>> "Xavier NICOLLE" wrote:
>>>
>>>> No i don't have site server installed on this server.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> jude a écrit :
>>>>> Do you have site server installed on the same machine as your exchange server?
>>>>>
>>>>> Have a look at this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/288200/en-us
>>>>>
>>>>> "Nuevo" wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> I'd consider a reinstall:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320202/en-us
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Nue
>>>>>> "Xavier NICOLLE" <xavier.nicolle@virginmobile.fr> wrote in message 
>>>>>> news:%23ZKwBj8jGHA.1320@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>>>>>> I already change the startup type to Automatique it was Disable.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> i think i need a exchange application pool in IIS for Exchange application 
>>>>>>> for OWA. I don't have it for the moment.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Nuevo a écrit :
>>>>>>>> Can you change the startup type to disable/manual? If so restart your 
>>>>>>>> machine. The bigger problem is probably OWA. Do you know of anything that 
>>>>>>>> may have caused this problem?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Nue
>>>>>>>> "Xavier NICOLLE" <xavier.nicolle@virginmobile.fr> wrote in message 
>>>>>>>> news:OffGNG8jGHA.836@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>>>>>>>> I just install a new exchange server in a new domain.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> and i can't start POP3 and IMAP4 service
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> I have somme errors in the event viewer.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> a first message :
>>>>>>>>> Source : POP3SVC
>>>>>>>>> EventID: 1040
>>>>>>>>> Description : An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange 
>>>>>>>>> POP3 Service: the call to DwInitializeInstances() failed with error 
>>>>>>>>> 0x64a.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> the second one :
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Source : POP3SVC
>>>>>>>>> EventID: 1040
>>>>>>>>> Description :An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange 
>>>>>>>>> POP3 Service: the call to IIS_SERVICE::StartServiceOperation() failed 
>>>>>>>>> with error 0x64a.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> it seem to have some pb with the IIS configuration. i can't start OWA 
>>>>>>>>> too.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Xavier.
0
6/15/2006 4:30:19 PM
When you go into the add/remove components for IIS what options do you have?

Can you see the option for pop and imap?


"Xavier NICOLLE" wrote:

> The problem is i don't have the application pool for exchange in IIS ... 
> i don't knwo how to reinstall it.
> 
> 
> jude a écrit :
> > Are you running IIS on this machine?
> > 
> > If so find out what services are stopped that are related to IIS and try to 
> > start them up
> > 
> > 
> > "Xavier NICOLLE" wrote:
> > 
> >> It's a Domain Controler for sure.
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> jude a écrit :
> >>> The reason I asked was that these error messages indicate that you do.
> >>>
> >>> Since you do not, is there anything else running on this exchange server or 
> >>> is it on a member server.
> >>>
> >>> "Xavier NICOLLE" wrote:
> >>>
> >>>> No i don't have site server installed on this server.
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>> jude a écrit :
> >>>>> Do you have site server installed on the same machine as your exchange server?
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Have a look at this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/288200/en-us
> >>>>>
> >>>>> "Nuevo" wrote:
> >>>>>
> >>>>>> I'd consider a reinstall:
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320202/en-us
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>> Nue
> >>>>>> "Xavier NICOLLE" <xavier.nicolle@virginmobile.fr> wrote in message 
> >>>>>> news:%23ZKwBj8jGHA.1320@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> >>>>>>> I already change the startup type to Automatique it was Disable.
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>> i think i need a exchange application pool in IIS for Exchange application 
> >>>>>>> for OWA. I don't have it for the moment.
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>> Nuevo a écrit :
> >>>>>>>> Can you change the startup type to disable/manual? If so restart your 
> >>>>>>>> machine. The bigger problem is probably OWA. Do you know of anything that 
> >>>>>>>> may have caused this problem?
> >>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>> Nue
> >>>>>>>> "Xavier NICOLLE" <xavier.nicolle@virginmobile.fr> wrote in message 
> >>>>>>>> news:OffGNG8jGHA.836@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> >>>>>>>>> I just install a new exchange server in a new domain.
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>> and i can't start POP3 and IMAP4 service
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>> I have somme errors in the event viewer.
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>> a first message :
> >>>>>>>>> Source : POP3SVC
> >>>>>>>>> EventID: 1040
> >>>>>>>>> Description : An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange 
> >>>>>>>>> POP3 Service: the call to DwInitializeInstances() failed with error 
> >>>>>>>>> 0x64a.
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>> the second one :
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>> Source : POP3SVC
> >>>>>>>>> EventID: 1040
> >>>>>>>>> Description :An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange 
> >>>>>>>>> POP3 Service: the call to IIS_SERVICE::StartServiceOperation() failed 
> >>>>>>>>> with error 0x64a.
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>> it seem to have some pb with the IIS configuration. i can't start OWA 
> >>>>>>>>> too.
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>> Xavier.
> 
0
Jude (110)
6/15/2006 10:43:02 PM
Sorry forgot to ask, what verison of exchange are you running?


"Xavier NICOLLE" wrote:

> The problem is i don't have the application pool for exchange in IIS ... 
> i don't knwo how to reinstall it.
> 
> 
> jude a écrit :
> > Are you running IIS on this machine?
> > 
> > If so find out what services are stopped that are related to IIS and try to 
> > start them up
> > 
> > 
> > "Xavier NICOLLE" wrote:
> > 
> >> It's a Domain Controler for sure.
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> jude a écrit :
> >>> The reason I asked was that these error messages indicate that you do.
> >>>
> >>> Since you do not, is there anything else running on this exchange server or 
> >>> is it on a member server.
> >>>
> >>> "Xavier NICOLLE" wrote:
> >>>
> >>>> No i don't have site server installed on this server.
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>> jude a écrit :
> >>>>> Do you have site server installed on the same machine as your exchange server?
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Have a look at this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/288200/en-us
> >>>>>
> >>>>> "Nuevo" wrote:
> >>>>>
> >>>>>> I'd consider a reinstall:
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320202/en-us
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>> Nue
> >>>>>> "Xavier NICOLLE" <xavier.nicolle@virginmobile.fr> wrote in message 
> >>>>>> news:%23ZKwBj8jGHA.1320@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> >>>>>>> I already change the startup type to Automatique it was Disable.
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>> i think i need a exchange application pool in IIS for Exchange application 
> >>>>>>> for OWA. I don't have it for the moment.
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>> Nuevo a écrit :
> >>>>>>>> Can you change the startup type to disable/manual? If so restart your 
> >>>>>>>> machine. The bigger problem is probably OWA. Do you know of anything that 
> >>>>>>>> may have caused this problem?
> >>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>> Nue
> >>>>>>>> "Xavier NICOLLE" <xavier.nicolle@virginmobile.fr> wrote in message 
> >>>>>>>> news:OffGNG8jGHA.836@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> >>>>>>>>> I just install a new exchange server in a new domain.
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>> and i can't start POP3 and IMAP4 service
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>> I have somme errors in the event viewer.
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>> a first message :
> >>>>>>>>> Source : POP3SVC
> >>>>>>>>> EventID: 1040
> >>>>>>>>> Description : An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange 
> >>>>>>>>> POP3 Service: the call to DwInitializeInstances() failed with error 
> >>>>>>>>> 0x64a.
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>> the second one :
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>> Source : POP3SVC
> >>>>>>>>> EventID: 1040
> >>>>>>>>> Description :An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange 
> >>>>>>>>> POP3 Service: the call to IIS_SERVICE::StartServiceOperation() failed 
> >>>>>>>>> with error 0x64a.
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>> it seem to have some pb with the IIS configuration. i can't start OWA 
> >>>>>>>>> too.
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>> Xavier.
> 
0
Jude (110)
6/15/2006 10:52:02 PM
I use Exchange 2003...

i don't have POP and Imap component. Pop and Imap service are installed 
by Exchange setup.



jude a écrit :
> Sorry forgot to ask, what verison of exchange are you running?
> 
> 
> "Xavier NICOLLE" wrote:
> 
>> The problem is i don't have the application pool for exchange in IIS ... 
>> i don't knwo how to reinstall it.
>>
>>
>> jude a écrit :
>>> Are you running IIS on this machine?
>>>
>>> If so find out what services are stopped that are related to IIS and try to 
>>> start them up
>>>
>>>
>>> "Xavier NICOLLE" wrote:
>>>
>>>> It's a Domain Controler for sure.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> jude a écrit :
>>>>> The reason I asked was that these error messages indicate that you do.
>>>>>
>>>>> Since you do not, is there anything else running on this exchange server or 
>>>>> is it on a member server.
>>>>>
>>>>> "Xavier NICOLLE" wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> No i don't have site server installed on this server.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> jude a écrit :
>>>>>>> Do you have site server installed on the same machine as your exchange server?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Have a look at this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/288200/en-us
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> "Nuevo" wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> I'd consider a reinstall:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320202/en-us
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Nue
>>>>>>>> "Xavier NICOLLE" <xavier.nicolle@virginmobile.fr> wrote in message 
>>>>>>>> news:%23ZKwBj8jGHA.1320@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>>>>>>>> I already change the startup type to Automatique it was Disable.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> i think i need a exchange application pool in IIS for Exchange application 
>>>>>>>>> for OWA. I don't have it for the moment.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Nuevo a écrit :
>>>>>>>>>> Can you change the startup type to disable/manual? If so restart your 
>>>>>>>>>> machine. The bigger problem is probably OWA. Do you know of anything that 
>>>>>>>>>> may have caused this problem?
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Nue
>>>>>>>>>> "Xavier NICOLLE" <xavier.nicolle@virginmobile.fr> wrote in message 
>>>>>>>>>> news:OffGNG8jGHA.836@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>>>>>>>>>> I just install a new exchange server in a new domain.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> and i can't start POP3 and IMAP4 service
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> I have somme errors in the event viewer.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> a first message :
>>>>>>>>>>> Source : POP3SVC
>>>>>>>>>>> EventID: 1040
>>>>>>>>>>> Description : An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange 
>>>>>>>>>>> POP3 Service: the call to DwInitializeInstances() failed with error 
>>>>>>>>>>> 0x64a.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> the second one :
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Source : POP3SVC
>>>>>>>>>>> EventID: 1040
>>>>>>>>>>> Description :An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange 
>>>>>>>>>>> POP3 Service: the call to IIS_SERVICE::StartServiceOperation() failed 
>>>>>>>>>>> with error 0x64a.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> it seem to have some pb with the IIS configuration. i can't start OWA 
>>>>>>>>>>> too.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Xavier.
0
6/16/2006 7:46:37 AM
You are correct that the POP and IMAP are on the exchange CD, however they 
are not installed by default.

Insert the Exchange CD and then install the POP and IMAP components 
separately.

"Xavier NICOLLE" wrote:

> I use Exchange 2003...
> 
> i don't have POP and Imap component. Pop and Imap service are installed 
> by Exchange setup.
> 
> 
> 
> jude a écrit :
> > Sorry forgot to ask, what verison of exchange are you running?
> > 
> > 
> > "Xavier NICOLLE" wrote:
> > 
> >> The problem is i don't have the application pool for exchange in IIS ... 
> >> i don't knwo how to reinstall it.
> >>
> >>
> >> jude a écrit :
> >>> Are you running IIS on this machine?
> >>>
> >>> If so find out what services are stopped that are related to IIS and try to 
> >>> start them up
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> "Xavier NICOLLE" wrote:
> >>>
> >>>> It's a Domain Controler for sure.
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>> jude a écrit :
> >>>>> The reason I asked was that these error messages indicate that you do.
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Since you do not, is there anything else running on this exchange server or 
> >>>>> is it on a member server.
> >>>>>
> >>>>> "Xavier NICOLLE" wrote:
> >>>>>
> >>>>>> No i don't have site server installed on this server.
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>> jude a écrit :
> >>>>>>> Do you have site server installed on the same machine as your exchange server?
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>> Have a look at this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/288200/en-us
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>> "Nuevo" wrote:
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>> I'd consider a reinstall:
> >>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320202/en-us
> >>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>> Nue
> >>>>>>>> "Xavier NICOLLE" <xavier.nicolle@virginmobile.fr> wrote in message 
> >>>>>>>> news:%23ZKwBj8jGHA.1320@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> >>>>>>>>> I already change the startup type to Automatique it was Disable.
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>> i think i need a exchange application pool in IIS for Exchange application 
> >>>>>>>>> for OWA. I don't have it for the moment.
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>> Nuevo a écrit :
> >>>>>>>>>> Can you change the startup type to disable/manual? If so restart your 
> >>>>>>>>>> machine. The bigger problem is probably OWA. Do you know of anything that 
> >>>>>>>>>> may have caused this problem?
> >>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>> Nue
> >>>>>>>>>> "Xavier NICOLLE" <xavier.nicolle@virginmobile.fr> wrote in message 
> >>>>>>>>>> news:OffGNG8jGHA.836@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> >>>>>>>>>>> I just install a new exchange server in a new domain.
> >>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>> and i can't start POP3 and IMAP4 service
> >>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>> I have somme errors in the event viewer.
> >>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>> a first message :
> >>>>>>>>>>> Source : POP3SVC
> >>>>>>>>>>> EventID: 1040
> >>>>>>>>>>> Description : An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange 
> >>>>>>>>>>> POP3 Service: the call to DwInitializeInstances() failed with error 
> >>>>>>>>>>> 0x64a.
> >>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>> the second one :
> >>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>> Source : POP3SVC
> >>>>>>>>>>> EventID: 1040
> >>>>>>>>>>> Description :An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange 
> >>>>>>>>>>> POP3 Service: the call to IIS_SERVICE::StartServiceOperation() failed 
> >>>>>>>>>>> with error 0x64a.
> >>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>> it seem to have some pb with the IIS configuration. i can't start OWA 
> >>>>>>>>>>> too.
> >>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>> Xavier.
> 
0
Jude (110)
6/16/2006 12:43:01 PM
I don't know where i can find POP3 and IMAP 4 server on the CD ...



jude a écrit :
> You are correct that the POP and IMAP are on the exchange CD, however they 
> are not installed by default.
> 
> Insert the Exchange CD and then install the POP and IMAP components 
> separately.
> 
> "Xavier NICOLLE" wrote:
> 
>> I use Exchange 2003...
>>
>> i don't have POP and Imap component. Pop and Imap service are installed 
>> by Exchange setup.
>>
>>
>>
>> jude a écrit :
>>> Sorry forgot to ask, what verison of exchange are you running?
>>>
>>>
>>> "Xavier NICOLLE" wrote:
>>>
>>>> The problem is i don't have the application pool for exchange in IIS ... 
>>>> i don't knwo how to reinstall it.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> jude a écrit :
>>>>> Are you running IIS on this machine?
>>>>>
>>>>> If so find out what services are stopped that are related to IIS and try to 
>>>>> start them up
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> "Xavier NICOLLE" wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> It's a Domain Controler for sure.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> jude a écrit :
>>>>>>> The reason I asked was that these error messages indicate that you do.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Since you do not, is there anything else running on this exchange server or 
>>>>>>> is it on a member server.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> "Xavier NICOLLE" wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> No i don't have site server installed on this server.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> jude a écrit :
>>>>>>>>> Do you have site server installed on the same machine as your exchange server?
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Have a look at this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/288200/en-us
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> "Nuevo" wrote:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> I'd consider a reinstall:
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320202/en-us
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Nue
>>>>>>>>>> "Xavier NICOLLE" <xavier.nicolle@virginmobile.fr> wrote in message 
>>>>>>>>>> news:%23ZKwBj8jGHA.1320@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>>>>>>>>>> I already change the startup type to Automatique it was Disable.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> i think i need a exchange application pool in IIS for Exchange application 
>>>>>>>>>>> for OWA. I don't have it for the moment.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Nuevo a écrit :
>>>>>>>>>>>> Can you change the startup type to disable/manual? If so restart your 
>>>>>>>>>>>> machine. The bigger problem is probably OWA. Do you know of anything that 
>>>>>>>>>>>> may have caused this problem?
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Nue
>>>>>>>>>>>> "Xavier NICOLLE" <xavier.nicolle@virginmobile.fr> wrote in message 
>>>>>>>>>>>> news:OffGNG8jGHA.836@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>>>>>>>>>>>> I just install a new exchange server in a new domain.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> and i can't start POP3 and IMAP4 service
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> I have somme errors in the event viewer.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> a first message :
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Source : POP3SVC
>>>>>>>>>>>>> EventID: 1040
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Description : An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange 
>>>>>>>>>>>>> POP3 Service: the call to DwInitializeInstances() failed with error 
>>>>>>>>>>>>> 0x64a.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> the second one :
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Source : POP3SVC
>>>>>>>>>>>>> EventID: 1040
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Description :An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange 
>>>>>>>>>>>>> POP3 Service: the call to IIS_SERVICE::StartServiceOperation() failed 
>>>>>>>>>>>>> with error 0x64a.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> it seem to have some pb with the IIS configuration. i can't start OWA 
>>>>>>>>>>>>> too.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Xavier.
0
6/19/2006 4:22:47 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

70-284: unable to run Exchange services using a service account
I'm working through the MS study kit for 70-284. I installed Exchange 2003 using a service account set up for the purpose; all OK. Initially the services run as LocalSystem so I changed them to run using the service account. However the System Attendant now does not start. I get an Event ID 1005 with text: "Unexpected error The logon attempt failed ID no: 8009030c Microsoft Exchange System Attendant occurred. " That would suggest a problem with authenticating as the service account, yet I was logged on with that account and the Exchange Management service starts up fine using ...

POP3 Virtual Server issue
Hi! I've a POP3 connectivity issue. It's not possible for me to log in from a client machine to the POP3 Virtual Server for a Mailbox account in an specific domain. My AD Forest is like this: domain1.ws (forest root.) - Global Catalog noc.domain1.ws (subdomain) - Global Catalog (This is the Domain where the Exchange Server 2003 exists). I've created an account in "noc.domain1.ws" and everything went well: name: test1 address: test1@noc.domain.ws POP3: mail.domain.ws SMTP: mail.domain.ws User Name: test1@noc.domain.ws When a create a mailbox-enabled user in the pa...

Starting up on start-up help!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello all, <br><br>I'm new here so Hello. I just have a question to see if anyone can help here. I just recently bought a new MacBook Pro, and I got the Microsoft Office for it too. Well, I recently noticed that on start up, entourages My Day keeps opening up. Well when I right click the menu, I check off the box where it says to start on login. <br><br>Well here is the problem. Everytime I uncheck it, it still keeps opening up on start up. <br><br>Anyone know why?...

Need advice to start off a project
Hello! I have never really used Excel much but I have had an idea which could make some of the work I do a lot easier. I know Excel is powerful but I don't know the best way to approach it so can anyone out there help me? I make visits to places and record what kind of visit it was on a spreadsheet with the values in each cell being the date. At the bottom there is a summary box which shows, on each date, how many visits I made of each type. At the moment this is done manually but I am sure it can be done automatically only how? On a different sheet I would then like to have a summary of...

ocx in a service
I want use an ocx in a service. The create method of the ocx is the following virtual BOOL Create(LPCTSTR lpszClassName, LPCTSTR lpszWindowName, DWORD dwStyle, const RECT& rect, CWnd* pParentWnd, UINT nID, CCreateContext* pContext = NULL) In a service I do not have any CWnd, so I don’t know what put in the argument “CWnd* pParentWnd”. How can I solve this? Tks. Rui You should be using CoCreateInstance to create the OCX control. AliR. "Rui Oliveira" <RuiOliveira@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1D47112-53FC-4B85-97A5-614A7139960A@microsoft.com....

POP3 completely broken in Outlook
All of a sudden my Outlook stopped working with POP3 accounts. I did some reading. Microsoft people of cause blaimed anitviruses, firewalls, adviced to install SP2 for XP and such. Nothing of that applied to me - i have XP SP2, no active antivirus (i manually do scan 1/week), no firewall (i think NAT router is enough of a protection), I am current on updates. Outlook reported server timeout errors: 0x8004210A - POP during Receiving 0x8004210B - SMTP during Sending I did try Thunderbird on this machine and yes, everything works. So - "Server administrator" or "ISP" ar not...

Cannot start Outlook 2002
My computer is usualy connected to an MS Exchange server at work. However I'd like to use Outlook at home with another e-mail account. When I try to start Outlook I get an error message : Cannot connect to exchange server. So I click work offline. Then, get another error message: Cannot start Outlook. Could not open information store. The the program quits. Anyone know a work around? Thanks. Create a new profile for your home account. Then set Outlook to prompt for profile. Select your home profile and Outlook will not try to connect to Exchange. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook...

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
Hi, I have Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 3. Everytime I go to Microsoft Updates and attempt to download Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1, I get an error message....DOWNLOAD HAS FAILED. What could the problem be? Thank you for any assistance you can give me. Me to, Anybody?? "moon4707" <moon4707@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5286C7B5-9AB1-478C-A5EE-8F315A9EAB11@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 3. Everytime I go to Microsoft > Updates and attempt to download Microsoft .NET Framewo...

Outlook "Insufficient system resources to complete the requested service" with attachments
Hi gurus In Outlook I am getting "Insufficient system resources to complete the requested service" with any attachments. Can send using the Send To in Word etc. NT4 SP6 Outlook 2000. Only Outlook running. Thanks to 1 n all Juliet x ...

Securing POP3 on Exchange
OK, here's the question...how can I secure POP3 traffic on my Exchange 2003 sever and securely configure my mobile clients so they can still connect to the server, send & receive mail? Right now, I have SMTP secured via SSL on port 443, works great! No issues there, but the mobile users do not want to use OWA all the time. They want to be able to download there email and go back it offline if need be with cached mode. Currently POP3 is using default port 110. I know the SSL port is 995 and also know that port 465 is used for sending via SMTP. Can I change 465 to 443 since I ...

Exchange Services Do not Start After a Restart #2
I have a SBS 2003 Running and for some reason some of my Exchange Service do not start after a restart. System Attendand tries to start shuts down unexpectedly. I can go to services right after logging in and start the services and they start with no problem. Right before the error that service did not start, I get this warning: "A service process other than the one launched by the Service Control Manager connected when starting the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service. The Service Control Manager launched process 2448 and process 3688 connected instead. Note that if this se...

Money Keeps Shutting Down since XP Service Pack 3 was installed
Microsoft prompted me to install some secuirty updates yesterday, and since then Microsoft Money Small Business 2005 will not stay open. Shortly after opening the program, and without clicking on anything, I get the message, "We're sorry, but Microsoft Money has experienced an internal error and will have to restart." The error signature is AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 14.0.0.1105 ModName: myisam05.dll ModVer: 4.0.3107.7 Offset: 00001b37. Upon restarting Money, the same error occurs. I have uninstalled and re-installed Money, and run the Money updates to get current v...

Business Portal and Reporting Services on same server
Hello: There was a white paper published on CustomerSource for integrating BP 3.0 and SQL Reporting Services 2005 onto the same web server. We have both BP 3.0 and SRS 2005 correctly configured and are working just fine. BP is accessible to external customers and also works just fine. However, SRS does not. The white paper states that BP and SRS cannot be in the same web site and one of them needs to be running on a different web site and a different port. So, I set SRS to run on port 81. External users cannot view the SRS website on port 81. The firewall is also correctly configured to...

Service Pack 4a for Dynamics GP Version 8 Error
HI, I am having an error when the number of maximum users has been reached , a message will appear that states the "maximum number of users has been reached." However, when my users click ok to close Great Plains they get a ton of errors. I have been getting this error since I loaded service pack 4a. I was told that a problem report was filed, and it will take six months to correct? Is there any way it can be faster than six months? I have a dexsql log and screenshots for the error. LCR ...

Macro or Lookup? Not sure where to start.
I have created two worksheets: 1) Auction Items Item# Table# Location# ItemDescription WinBid are the headers of the data. 2) Bidders Bidder# FirstName LastName I would like to be able to create a macro or something that will allow me to enter the item#, bidder# and winning bid price and have a sheet filled with. ie. Item# 2 (Handcrafted Table) Bidder# 12 (John Doe) Winning Bid $250 Can excel pull from two sheets and created another sheet with all the final details? I am a little new to excel (version 2000) it is the only tool/application available to us at this time. If anyone can poi...

NM Indexing Service ???
Hi all, I every so often get a error message that comes up saying there's a problem or an error with my NM Indexing Service and it seems to be causing me a few problems. What is this NM Indexing thing and how do I fix it ? Any ideas appreciated. Regards, Caz x On Sat, 9 Aug 2008 14:11:35 +0100, "Carry T" <c.thom1@ntlworld.com> wrote: >I every so often get a error message that comes up saying there's a problem >or an error with my NM Indexing Service and it seems to be causing me a few >problems. > >What is this NM Indexing thing and how do I f...

Outlook starting problem
"Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. A dialog box is open. Close it and try again." ...

Running CHKDSK at start up
Is there a way to run chkdsk f/r on all five drives on one PC at start up? PC runs Windows XP Pro SP3. This way all drives would be checked and errors fixed, if necessary, in one go, at start up on this machine. We intend to do this on this heavily used PC from time to time - we do not need the desired chkdsk functionality to kick in at every boot! Regards and TIA. Avatar -------- "Avatar" <Avatar@re.birth> wrote in message news:hrb4n2$53i$1@news.eternal-september.org... > Is there a way to run chkdsk f/r on all five drives on one PC at start up? ...

Can't Start Any Program
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel It has been two weeks since I can open an Office Program. Please HEEELP! This is my word error report: Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2009-09-09 19:04:02 -0400 Application Name: Microsoft Word Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Word Application Signature: MSWD Application Version: 12.2.0.090605 Crashed Module Name: CoreFoundation Crashed Module Version: unknown Crashed Module Offset: 0x00075354 Blame Module Name: CoreFoundation Blame Module Version: unk...

Service Unavailable 01-23-06
Good afternoon. After a serious problem of energìa the servants were reinitiated. From that momentom has not been possible to raise the CRM. When it is tried to accede to the page of beginning of the CRM throws the error: Service Unavailable what was the serious problem? ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Juan Carlos" <Juan Carlos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B886FB76-44DD-41F3-81C6-CBC7C12AF086@microsoft.com... > Good afternoon. After a serious problem of energ�a the serv...

Starting a new paragraph within a cell
How do you create a line break within a cell? For example, if wanting to list 2 or more items it looks better if each one is printed under the other as a list. Or in a comment column when needing to start a new paragraph, again within the cell. Hi. You can press Alt + Enter to create a line break within a cell. Kath firman wrote: > How do you create a line break within a cell? For example, if wanting to list > 2 or more items it looks better if each one is printed under the other as a > list. Or in a comment column when needing to start a new paragraph, again > within th...

How do I add consecutive numbers but start over at a break in the.
add consecutive numbers but start over at a break in them. I'm trying to calculate consecutive days of attendance. ...

CD does not start
After installing XP on a new disk everything appeared normal. I was able to install a few applications from their cds. Then I attempted to install an application from a downloaded file, but it did not work. So I installed MS frame works and windows installer. Then I was able to install the application from the downloaded file. When I attempted to install another application from its cd (with autorun), nothing happened, namely it fail to start. If I force the setup.exe from Explorer, the error message shows up: "the application configuration is incorrect". Thinking for...

http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp is now in offline mode
Hi; I installed Outlook 2003 about a month ago before I went on vacation. Now when I returned from vacation, I have problems. When I try to check my Hotmail account, it hangs up for a minute or two and then comes up with a message that says "http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp is now in offline mode" What does this mean? I can check my mail at the hotmail site. It has been doing this for about a week. How can I fix it? Thanks Pat Did you activate it before going on vacation? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor,...

Money 2007 tries to update on each start
On each start up, Money 2007 advises that in order to run properly an update to Money 2007 is necessary. When I click OK it downloads files and again I click to start the upgrade. After a few minutes the update completes and a dialog box advises that I should restart Money and if it will not open properly I should restart my computer. I do so and all seems to be OK, but on starting money the update dialog box is back. I checked the Money folder and the update log shows that the update completed. So how do I stop the annoying update dialog box from displaying on each start? "GWL&qu...