Cannot see neither access newly created mailboxes

Hi,

I have Exchange 2000 server installed on my Windows 2000 Server backup
domain controller. Recently I had a problem with active directory
synchronization, and with some viruses too but I (thought I) was able
to resolve it. Now all seems to work fine but after creating
successfully new mailbox enabled user in ADUC, I can't see the newly
created mailbox in Exchange System Manager, but it can be found by
using find in ADUC (Find->Exchange->"Show only Exchange Recipients",
"Users with exchange mailbox").

Trying to access the mailbox using Outlook I get (clicking on "Check
Name"): "The name could not be resolved". "The action could not be
completed" error. If I try using OWA I get "The page cannot be found"
HTTP 404 - File not found error

Is there any solution other than reinstalling the complete system?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much

regards, dejan

Hi,

do you have anything in Event Viewer, did you check RUS?

Nebojsa Seslija

"Dejan" <dejan.gambin@pula.hr> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have Exchange 2000 server installed on my Windows 2000 Server backup
> domain controller. Recently I had a problem with active directory
> synchronization, and with some viruses too but I (thought I) was able
> to resolve it. Now all seems to work fine but after creating
> successfully new mailbox enabled user in ADUC, I can't see the newly
> created mailbox in Exchange System Manager, but it can be found by
> using find in ADUC (Find->Exchange->"Show only Exchange Recipients",
> "Users with exchange mailbox").
>
> Trying to access the mailbox using Outlook I get (clicking on "Check
> Name"): "The name could not be resolved". "The action could not be
> completed" error. If I try using OWA I get "The page cannot be found"
> HTTP 404 - File not found error
>
> Is there any solution other than reinstalling the complete system?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks very much
>
> regards, dejan

No, nothing as I can see

pozdrav :-))

dejan

Nebojsa Seslija je napisao/la:
> Hi,
>
> do you have anything in Event Viewer, did you check RUS?
>
> Nebojsa Seslija
>
> "Dejan" <dejan.gambin@pula.hr> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have Exchange 2000 server installed on my Windows 2000 Server backup
> > domain controller. Recently I had a problem with active directory
> > synchronization, and with some viruses too but I (thought I) was able
> > to resolve it. Now all seems to work fine but after creating
> > successfully new mailbox enabled user in ADUC, I can't see the newly
> > created mailbox in Exchange System Manager, but it can be found by
> > using find in ADUC (Find->Exchange->"Show only Exchange Recipients",
> > "Users with exchange mailbox").
> >
> > Trying to access the mailbox using Outlook I get (clicking on "Check
> > Name"): "The name could not be resolved". "The action could not be
> > completed" error. If I try using OWA I get "The page cannot be found"
> > HTTP 404 - File not found error
> >
> > Is there any solution other than reinstalling the complete system?
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks very much
> >
> > regards, dejan

Dejane,

when you open properties of newly created user and go to Exchange
Advanced/Mailbox Rights do you see only SELF account or you see a list of
user and group objects?

Pozdrav :-)

> No, nothing as I can see
>
> pozdrav :-))
>
> dejan
>
> Nebojsa Seslija je napisao/la:
>> Hi,
>>
>> do you have anything in Event Viewer, did you check RUS?
>>
>> Nebojsa Seslija
>>
>> "Dejan" <dejan.gambin@pula.hr> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have Exchange 2000 server installed on my Windows 2000 Server backup
>> > domain controller. Recently I had a problem with active directory
>> > synchronization, and with some viruses too but I (thought I) was able
>> > to resolve it. Now all seems to work fine but after creating
>> > successfully new mailbox enabled user in ADUC, I can't see the newly
>> > created mailbox in Exchange System Manager, but it can be found by
>> > using find in ADUC (Find->Exchange->"Show only Exchange Recipients",
>> > "Users with exchange mailbox").
>> >
>> > Trying to access the mailbox using Outlook I get (clicking on "Check
>> > Name"): "The name could not be resolved". "The action could not be
>> > completed" error. If I try using OWA I get "The page cannot be found"
>> > HTTP 404 - File not found error
>> >
>> > Is there any solution other than reinstalling the complete system?
>> >
>> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>> >
>> > Thanks very much
>> >
>> > regards, dejan

Dejane,

when you open properties of newly created user and go to Exchange
Advanced/Mailbox Rights do you see only SELF account or you see a list of
user and group objects?

Pozdrav :-)

"Dejan" <dejan.gambin@pula.hr> wrote in message
> No, nothing as I can see
>
> pozdrav :-))
>
> dejan
>
> Nebojsa Seslija je napisao/la:
>> Hi,
>>
>> do you have anything in Event Viewer, did you check RUS?
>>
>> Nebojsa Seslija
>>
>> "Dejan" <dejan.gambin@pula.hr> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have Exchange 2000 server installed on my Windows 2000 Server backup
>> > domain controller. Recently I had a problem with active directory
>> > synchronization, and with some viruses too but I (thought I) was able
>> > to resolve it. Now all seems to work fine but after creating
>> > successfully new mailbox enabled user in ADUC, I can't see the newly
>> > created mailbox in Exchange System Manager, but it can be found by
>> > using find in ADUC (Find->Exchange->"Show only Exchange Recipients",
>> > "Users with exchange mailbox").
>> >
>> > Trying to access the mailbox using Outlook I get (clicking on "Check
>> > Name"): "The name could not be resolved". "The action could not be
>> > completed" error. If I try using OWA I get "The page cannot be found"
>> > HTTP 404 - File not found error
>> >
>> > Is there any solution other than reinstalling the complete system?
>> >
>> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>> >
>> > Thanks very much
>> >
>> > regards, dejan

Only SELF and I saw it before but I read somewhere those rights are
modified when you first access/login to the mailbox but I can not do
it!

dejan

Nebojsa Seslija je napisao/la:
> Dejane,
>
> when you open properties of newly created user and go to Exchange
> Advanced/Mailbox Rights do you see only SELF account or you see a list of
> user and group objects?
>
> Pozdrav :-)
>
> "Dejan" <dejan.gambin@pula.hr> wrote in message
> > No, nothing as I can see
> >
> > pozdrav :-))
> >
> > dejan
> >
> > Nebojsa Seslija je napisao/la:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> do you have anything in Event Viewer, did you check RUS?
> >>
> >> Nebojsa Seslija
> >>
> >> "Dejan" <dejan.gambin@pula.hr> wrote in message

I have even tried to create the mailbox rigts manually, like all other
users have, but without success :-(

dejan
Dejan je napisao/la:
> Only SELF and I saw it before but I read somewhere those rights are
> modified when you first access/login to the mailbox but I can not do
> it!
>
> dejan
>

> Nebojsa Seslija je napisao/la:
> > Dejane,
> >
> > when you open properties of newly created user and go to Exchange
> > Advanced/Mailbox Rights do you see only SELF account or you see a list of
> > user and group objects?
> >
> > Pozdrav :-)
> >
> > "Dejan" <dejan.gambin@pula.hr> wrote in message
> > > No, nothing as I can see
> > >
> > > pozdrav :-))
> > >
> > > dejan

I still think that RUS is causing troubles.

Try this article

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822794

Pozdrav

>I have even tried to create the mailbox rigts manually, like all other
> users have, but without success :-(
>
> dejan
> Dejan je napisao/la:
>> Only SELF and I saw it before but I read somewhere those rights are
>> modified when you first access/login to the mailbox but I can not do
>> it!
>>
>> dejan
>>

>> Nebojsa Seslija je napisao/la:
>> > Dejane,
>> >
>> > when you open properties of newly created user and go to Exchange
>> > Advanced/Mailbox Rights do you see only SELF account or you see a list
>> > of
>> > user and group objects?
>> >
>> > Pozdrav :-)
>> >
>> > "Dejan" <dejan.gambin@pula.hr> wrote in message

I have just created a ldap dump of the user object. There are many
properties not set or set "differently" from the other (coorect
mailbox user). Maybe this can help you help me :-)):

- homeDB is not set
- cn and displayName are "wierd" (Tmlrb2xpxIcgTWlsamVua2E=)
- dSCorePropagationData does not exist
- mail is not set
- legacyExchangeDN is not set
- proxyAddresses are not set
- sn is "wierd" (Tmlrb2xpxIc=)
- homeMTA is not set
- msExchMailboxGuid is not set
- msExchMailboxSecurityDescriptor is not set
- msExchALObjectVersion is not set
- msExchPoliciesIncluded are not set

So many things seem wrong and I don't have a clue what is going
on....for example in E-mail Addresses tab for this user in ADUC the
mail addresses are shown and correct, but it seems they don't
exist....

thanks very much

dejan

Dejane,

try this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/254030/

--
Nebojsa Seslija

----------------
>I have just created a ldap dump of the user object. There are many
> properties not set or set "differently" from the other (coorect
> mailbox user). Maybe this can help you help me :-)):
>
> - homeDB is not set
> - cn and displayName are "wierd" (Tmlrb2xpxIcgTWlsamVua2E=)
> - dSCorePropagationData does not exist
> - mail is not set
> - legacyExchangeDN is not set
> - proxyAddresses are not set
> - sn is "wierd" (Tmlrb2xpxIc=)
> - homeMTA is not set
> - msExchMailboxGuid is not set
> - msExchMailboxSecurityDescriptor is not set
> - msExchALObjectVersion is not set
> - msExchPoliciesIncluded are not set
>
> So many things seem wrong and I don't have a clue what is going
> on....for example in E-mail Addresses tab for this user in ADUC the
> mail addresses are shown and correct, but it seems they don't
> exist....
>
> thanks very much
>
> dejan
> Dejan je napisao/la:
>> I have even tried to create the mailbox rigts manually, like all other
>> users have, but without success :-(
>>
>> dejan
>> Dejan je napisao/la:
>> > Only SELF and I saw it before but I read somewhere those rights are
>> > modified when you first access/login to the mailbox but I can not do
>> > it!
>> >
>> > dejan

Hi Nebojsa,

One of the problem is that I don't get ANY error in event log when
creating the mailbox. Everthing seems so fine. The only thing that
applies from this KB is the Scenario 1, because in Security Tab of
"Administrator" account there is no check for "Allow inheritable
permissions...". But they say this behaviour is by design...and they
say you should do mailbox related tasks using Active Directory
accounts that do not have administrative permissions. So under which
account should I create new mailbox enabled user?? This is driving me
crazy...

regards, dejan

Nebojsa Seslija je napisao/la:
> Dejane,
>
> try this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/254030/
>
> --
> Nebojsa Seslija
>

> ----------------
> "Dejan" <dejan.gambin@pula.hr> wrote in message
> >I have just created a ldap dump of the user object. There are many
> > properties not set or set "differently" from the other (coorect
> > mailbox user). Maybe this can help you help me :-)):
> >
> > - homeDB is not set
> > - cn and displayName are "wierd" (Tmlrb2xpxIcgTWlsamVua2E=)
> > - dSCorePropagationData does not exist
> > - mail is not set
> > - legacyExchangeDN is not set
> > - proxyAddresses are not set
> > - sn is "wierd" (Tmlrb2xpxIc=)
> > - homeMTA is not set
> > - msExchMailboxGuid is not set
> > - msExchMailboxSecurityDescriptor is not set
> > - msExchALObjectVersion is not set
> > - msExchPoliciesIncluded are not set
> >
> > So many things seem wrong and I don't have a clue what is going
> > on....for example in E-mail Addresses tab for this user in ADUC the
> > mail addresses are shown and correct, but it seems they don't
> > exist....
> >
> > thanks very much
> >
> > dejan
> > Dejan je napisao/la:
> >> I have even tried to create the mailbox rigts manually, like all other
> >> users have, but without success :-(
> >>
> >> dejan

Hi Dejan,

Is this problem only with one user or with every new user you create?
You should create mailbox enabled user with account that have Exchange
permissions.
Does your user have "Allow inheritable permissions..." checked?

--
Nebojsa Seslija

----------------
> Hi Nebojsa,
>
> One of the problem is that I don't get ANY error in event log when
> creating the mailbox. Everthing seems so fine. The only thing that
> applies from this KB is the Scenario 1, because in Security Tab of
> "Administrator" account there is no check for "Allow inheritable
> permissions...". But they say this behaviour is by design...and they
> say you should do mailbox related tasks using Active Directory
> accounts that do not have administrative permissions. So under which
> account should I create new mailbox enabled user?? This is driving me
> crazy...
>
> regards, dejan
>
> Nebojsa Seslija je napisao/la:
>> Dejane,
>>
>> try this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/254030/
>>
>> --
>> Nebojsa Seslija
>>

>> ----------------
>> "Dejan" <dejan.gambin@pula.hr> wrote in message
>> >I have just created a ldap dump of the user object. There are many
>> > properties not set or set "differently" from the other (coorect
>> > mailbox user). Maybe this can help you help me :-)):
>> >
>> > - homeDB is not set
>> > - cn and displayName are "wierd" (Tmlrb2xpxIcgTWlsamVua2E=)
>> > - dSCorePropagationData does not exist
>> > - mail is not set
>> > - legacyExchangeDN is not set
>> > - proxyAddresses are not set
>> > - sn is "wierd" (Tmlrb2xpxIc=)
>> > - homeMTA is not set
>> > - msExchMailboxGuid is not set
>> > - msExchMailboxSecurityDescriptor is not set
>> > - msExchALObjectVersion is not set
>> > - msExchPoliciesIncluded are not set
>> >
>> > So many things seem wrong and I don't have a clue what is going
>> > on....for example in E-mail Addresses tab for this user in ADUC the
>> > mail addresses are shown and correct, but it seems they don't
>> > exist....
>> >
>> > thanks very much
>> >
>> > dejan

This is happening for each new user I am creating. I am creating the
user as a domain administrator like I always did. I don't know which
user do you think on: administrator has not "Allow inheritable
permissions" checked (but this seems to be by design), and my newly
created user has (like any other)

dejan
Nebojsa Seslija je napisao/la:
> Hi Dejan,
>
> Is this problem only with one user or with every new user you create?
> You should create mailbox enabled user with account that have Exchange
> permissions.
> Does your user have "Allow inheritable permissions..." checked?
>
> --
> Nebojsa Seslija
>

> ----------------
> "Dejan" <dejan.gambin@pula.hr> wrote in message
> > Hi Nebojsa,
> >
> > One of the problem is that I don't get ANY error in event log when
> > creating the mailbox. Everthing seems so fine. The only thing that
> > applies from this KB is the Scenario 1, because in Security Tab of
> > "Administrator" account there is no check for "Allow inheritable
> > permissions...". But they say this behaviour is by design...and they
> > say you should do mailbox related tasks using Active Directory
> > accounts that do not have administrative permissions. So under which
> > account should I create new mailbox enabled user?? This is driving me
> > crazy...
> >
> > regards, dejan
> >
> > Nebojsa Seslija je napisao/la:
> >> Dejane,
> >>
> >> try this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/254030/
> >>
> >> --
> >> Nebojsa Seslija
> >>

> >> ----------------
> >> "Dejan" <dejan.gambin@pula.hr> wrote in message

Query problem. Access is my nightmare.
I have a parameter query set up. It prompts me for a Ticket Number. It works fine. I want to set-up a macro or something that I can run from my switchboard. Edit Ticket Number. I set it up and it will allow any number to be put in and it will pull up all records. How do I set this up from my switch board to where someone types the Ticket Number into the parameter window and it only pulls up that record or comes back with an error message saying "record not found"? On Jan 24, 1:52=A0pm, p-rat <osupr...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have a parameter query set up. It prompts me for a ...

How to create a "really" transparence MFC control?
I wrote a D3D app based on the MFC dialog,the app's draw frequency is 30FPS.It has a main dialog,i create the D3D device on it,also i create some sub dialogs and controls on this main dialog.When i run this app, some errors appear.When i click or move the sub dialogs and controls it reflash on the background(I think the MFC's draw frequency unequal to the D3D app's draw frequency cause this problem), this bring on the bad effect.Is there any methods let this sub dialogs and controls didn't reflash or redraw themself to be "really" transparence:only receive or send...

No Access
After I installed the CRM software i cannot add users because I get a message that tells me that I do not have security priviledges to run the user manager wizard. Anyone have any ideas. I have checked all of the permissions that i can find IIS, SQL, AD, wwwroot, and I am not getting anywhere. Help! Scott Did you assign a license to your admin user via the web app? "Scott" <scott@se-tec.net> wrote in message news:0cf701c3b9c4$caf7c570$a501280a@phx.gbl... After I installed the CRM software i cannot add users because I get a message that tells me that I do not have secur...

Connecting to Access database to populate a combobox.
Hi Using Excel 2000 and Access 2000, the code below was working to populate a combobox on a spreadsheet. I'm attempting to use it to populate a combobox--cboQpn--on Userform4. I want the user to type a competitor part number in textbox-- txtCompNum. Then the macro will use that value to find our part number in the access table and put the result in the combobox. I'm using a combobox because there may be more than one record returned. The code fails on this line: Dim wspDefault As Workspace with the error, "compile error: User-defined type not defined" ...

access 2007 use the old query builder format
Is it possible to use the query wizard builder format to edit existing queries in stead of the SQL format, if so how is it enabled Granpa _rb wrote: > Is it possible to use the query wizard builder format to edit existing > queries in stead of the SQL format, if so how is it enabled The only thing that would prevent it from being used is if your sql included syntax that can't be rendered in the design grid. Some examples of these are: - union queries - non-equi-joins (>, <, >=, <=, LIKE) - joins in which functions need to be used to make the join work (tbl...

I cannot see my fill colors on the worksheet?
I just installed my microsoft office 2003. I am creating a worksheet in excel. I enter fille or font color and I cannot view it from my screen. I can only view it in my preview screen. What is not set up correctly and how do I set this up? Maybe... http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531 Changes to the fill color and the fill pattern are not displayed in Office programs VikingsFan wrote: > > I just installed my microsoft office 2003. I am creating a worksheet in > excel. I enter fille or font color and I cannot view it from my screen. I > can only view it in my previ...

Create Exchange 2007 mailbox
Hi! :) We use a vbscript to create users. Here are the lines of code in the script that creat the user account. The password is also set and some groups added... Set objUser = objUserOU.create("user", "cn=" & strEmpid) objUser.Put "SAMAccountName", strEmpid objUser.Put "givenName", strFirstName objUser.Put "sn", strLastName objUser.Put "displayName", strLastname & " " & strFirstName objUser.AccountExpirationDate = DateAdd("d", 1, CDate(strEndDate)) objUser.Put "userPrincipalName&q...

How can I access My outlook account from another computer-vista
My XP computer has crashed. I am trying to access my outlook via a Vista computer but dont know how. Tried the web access programme.,can't download it because my vista computer does not have 11S 5.0 whatever that is. It is called iis5.0. What type of OL account did you have on your XP. POP3,IMAP etc. -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "craftylady" <craftylady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F05BE2A-E82C-4428-A47D-A9A388352FD5@microsoft.com.....

Help with creating invoice in other currency
I am looking to set up multi-currency invoicing so that I can create an invoice in Great Plains 7.50g3 in a currency (British Pounds) other than the functional currency (US Dollars). I believe I have multi-currency access set up properly, have currencies and exchange rates set up, have accounts set up to receive postings in multiple currencies, and the customer set up with a default currency of British Pounds. However, when I create an invoice, all the financial values are in US Dollars, and the Currency ID field is disabled. What is causing the Currency ID field to remain disabled? Th...

Unable to open Access 95 mdb in Access 97
Hi I am trying to open an old Access 95 mdb in Access 97...I didn't create it but someone who knew the database way back when said that a system.mda file was created for that particular database because it had a lot of personal info in it. (I am not familiar with mda files...the database folder also had a system.ldb file there as well...I deleted that file...but am unsure why it wasn't closed out to begin with) I was able to open Access 97 and repair it...but when I go to open it in Access 97...I get an Automation Error...Cannot find VEENLR3.hlp file. Do you think it may ha...

Why I get always two shortcuts for one "Create Shortcut" request?
I only request one desktop shortcut of a web page I like, yet I end up with two though only one of them works. The other one has only a General tab, without the Web Document tab and URL. I only noticed this recently. ...

How do you create combination charts (line-coulmn) in excel 2007?
I need to create a combination chart (Pareto line-column) in excel 2007 but I can't find the combination chart wizard like the one in 2003. How do I go about creating a line-column chart in 2007. Hi, In 2007 you need to build your own combinations. Start with a column chart based on all the data. Then select the column series you wish to plot as line. You can now change the chart type. Chart Tools > Design > Type > Change chart type. Cheers Andy Leesah wrote: > I need to create a combination chart (Pareto line-column) in excel 2007 but I > can't find the combina...

cannot find layout view tab in access
I am doing an asignment and it is telling me to switch to layout view I have tried to find the layout view tab and cannot Please help What version of Access? Only 2007 has the Layout View. Older versions do not. In 2007 go to the Home Tab. The very left box on the ribbon should say Views. Click on the v dropdown and Layout View should be one of the options. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "gidget" wrote: > I am doing an asignment and it is telling me to switch to layout view I have >...

Reinstalled sql 2000 reporting services now cant see any reports
hello, I have reinstalled my sql server 2000 reporting services, the install completed successfully and i was able to publish my reports. i can view the reports in http://servername/reports and evn run them and get data back! but in CRM the reports just arent there! I have Googled around and added domain\computername$ to CRM pblish right but this did nothing... What else can i try please>???? Thanks Ian Ian, Make sure the organization name you used when you publish the reports matches your crm organization name exactly, with _MSCRM appended. Also, check out http://www.micros...

System Reports
Is there any report out there under System Reports that will list what user classes have access to a certain module or window? I know I can run a report that shows me all the access an individual user or user class has but I want one consolidate report - I need to quickly see how many user classes have access to a certain screen. Advanced Security will have it. >-----Original Message----- >Is there any report out there under System Reports that >will list what user classes have access to a certain >module or window? I know I can run a report that shows me >all the ac...

Access form in 2003 vs Access form in 2007
I created an Access form in 2003 that contains 3 command buttons (like a switchboard). It works fine on my system but when I take it to a Vista machine with Access 2007 nothing works. Any suggestions? -- FKB Thanks Beetle, worked like a charm. Not quite the correct instructions but close enough that I could wing it the rest of the way. I'll be careful how I fish the beetle next summer. -- FKB "AR trout fisherman" wrote: > I created an Access form in 2003 that contains 3 command buttons (like a > switchboard). It works fine on my system but when I take it to a Vis...

Outlook refuses access by other application
I have an Ericsson P900 phone and with it came a SW that allows to synchronize PIM items between phone and Outlook. It's painful enough that there is this idiotic "security" popup every time that tells me that there is an application trying to access my address book and asking whether I want to grant it access and for how long (why is there no "indefinite"?). It now just topped its stupidity when I just clicked "Yes" again by suddenly declaring that I do not have the permission for this (?!?). And it appears, that since then I can't synchronize any more, ...

reply to ACE_Shankar:unable to access sales transaction screen
You receive the "Your previous transaction-level posting session has not finished" error message in Microsoft Great Plains Sales Order Process Your previous transaction-level posting session has not finished processing. Please allow time for it to finish. If you believe it has failed, log out of Great Plains and log back in to recover transactions CAUSE This behavior occurs when records are locked in the SY00500 table, in the SY00800 table, or in the SOP10100 table. Records have a batch number that is blank, or the User ID is listed as the batch number. RESOLUTION 1. All ...

How do I feed info from invoice I created to a Spreadsheet
I want to create one template invoice to be used repeatedly, and each time a new invoice is created from that template, all of the info on the invoice will feed into an excel spreadsheet, the spreadsheet will summarize all of the invoices. You would need a macro to do this project of finding the next row on the destination sheet and copying there. Put it in the before print of the ThisWorkbook module. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "cjtaylor1969" <cjtaylor1969@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15E98F25-A94B-4FB2-A17A-777DD18F7652@microsof...

Creating custom buttons #2
Hello, I would like to create screens of buttons so that the operators of the register can simply press a button to add an item for a sale. The system will be used at the end of a cafeteria type food line and I need to speed up the check out process. What I am thinking is having 3 buttons on one screen, Hot Food, Drinks, and Candy/Snacks. Then when the cashier presses Hot Food, another screen comes up that displays 1 button for each of the 16 current Hot Food items. When 1 of those items is selected, the Hot Food button screen should remain open until the user presses a Back button. ...

Converting Lead
We seems to have a problem with our CRM system where someone tries to "Convert a Lead" and clicks the "Open newly created record(s)" checkbox. The system will convert the lead, but it will NOT open the newly created records. At first I thought it was a Pop-Up block issue, but I tried it myself with all Pop-Up blocking turned OFF and it still is happening. Any Ideas? Regards, Eric S. On the subject line I meant - "Not Working"... "Eric S." wrote: > We seems to have a problem with our CRM system where someone tries to > "Convert a ...

Choosing FROM when creating an e-mail
I have several e-mail accounts. When creating a new e- mail message sometimes I like the option of choosing a different e-mail account the new e-mail is 'from' rather than the default account. This function is possible in Outlook Express via a drop down list in the 'FROM' field when creating an e-mail, but Outlook doesn't even have a 'FROM' field and uses the default e-mail address as the return address. Please advise if this is possible in Outlook. Thanks. (PS I'm using Outlook 2000) Outlook 2000 Corporate or Workgroup mode (check Help->About) doe...

Unable to access hyperlinked files.
We have a training matrix which is an excel spreadsheet. Each training record is hyperlinked to the appropriate cell on the spreadsheet for each department member. This recently underwent a major overhaul. The existing spreadsheet was copied to another network location. Changes were made adding and removing personnel. No changes were made to hyperlinks since it was not in the final location. The updated file was copied back to the original location. None of the hyperlinks work. We receive the error message "cannot open the specified files". My thought was to ...

The IE closes automatically when I access the CRM site.
Hi all, I installed the MS CRM 3.0 just now. I opened the IE and tried to access http://crmwebsitename. But when I inputed domain account name and password, the IE closed automatically! Why? Thanks in advance. Alan Hello Alan, deactivate all your popup-blockers and it will work... Mario Knezevic > Hi all, > I installed the MS CRM 3.0 just now. > I opened the IE and tried to access http://crmwebsitename. > But when I inputed domain account name and password, the IE closed > automatically! > Why? > > Thanks in advance. > > Alan > ...

question on backing up access db (97)
Hi, I have an old access db running on the server. I would like to be able to back it up every evening. However, some of the users might leave the db often when they finish their and this render the backup program not able to backup the open db. My question is that if I create a batch job that copy the db to another location every time before the schedule backup and have the backup job backup the file in the new location. Would this be a problem even though the users forget to close the application at the end of the day? Thanks Try doing a search on-line for "MS Access Log off...