Cannot see child domain users in parent domain

Our domain has exchange servers in the parent domain and no exchange server
in the child domain, when i create a mailbox for a user in the child domain
the user can connect through OWA. The preview of the GAL on the server
contains the user but on an outlook client i cannot find that user. the user
cannot configure outlook because its name doesn't appear in the address list.

help wanted please
0
Hidma (2)

See if this helps re Outlook:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297801/en-us

Nue

"Hidma" <Hidma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Our domain has exchange servers in the parent domain and no exchange
> server
> in the child domain, when i create a mailbox for a user in the child
> domain
> the user can connect through OWA. The preview of the GAL on the server
> contains the user but on an outlook client i cannot find that user. the
> user
> cannot configure outlook because its name doesn't appear in the address
> list.
>
> help wanted please

0
imaneophyte (3004)
6/28/2006 8:07:41 PM
Thanks, now i know what to troubleshoot.

"Nuevo" wrote:

> See if this helps re Outlook:

> Nue
>

> "Hidma" <Hidma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Our domain has exchange servers in the parent domain and no exchange
> > server
> > in the child domain, when i create a mailbox for a user in the child
> > domain
> > the user can connect through OWA. The preview of the GAL on the server
> > contains the user but on an outlook client i cannot find that user. the
> > user
> > cannot configure outlook because its name doesn't appear in the address
> > list.
> >
> > help wanted please

0
Hidma (2)

Unable to configure outlook client in a new Child Domain
We've been running our Exchange 2003 server for almost a year now in a single domain forest. This past week we created 2 child domains and created some new account in them and mailbox-enabled them. The problem is every time we go to configure the Outlook profile, for the users in the new child domain, we keep getting "The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name in the address list" There are no AD replication problems, we can map drives to and from machine in each domain. I've even created a share on the mail server to make sure everyone can get t...

Moving CRM from Child to Parent Domain
We have a CRM 3.0 server in a Child Domain running Windows 2000 Server, Active Directory, SQL server and CRM. Both Parent and Child domains are Windows 2000 Native mode. Our goal is to migrate CRM to the Parent Domain using the same server and then remove the Child Domain. Then the CRM server would no longer run Active Directory. Is there a Microsoft supported path to do this? Has anyone performed this with success? Can someone reference any documentation that exists? In this case, you have to move all of the users to the parent domain, then install a new instance of SQL server in...

Delegating users to add SMTP addresses
Doe's anybody know how I can delegate a user the permissions to add SMTP addresses to a mail enabled user? Regards, Kjetil That question has been posed a number of times on the forum but I'm not certain there has ever been a definitive answer. As I'm sure you know you'll can use the delegate control wizard in AD to give them permissons to modify the user object but you'll also need to make them an Exchange View Only Admin at the very least. Nue "Kjetil" <Kjetil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CAE2DB1-F30A-42AB-ABF7-A574DEF090B7@mi...

Change AD User Password
I am not AD admin. Give a user's current password, how to change his/her password in powershell? Thanks The easiest way is using either the quest cmdlets or the ad powershell module. example using ad powershell's Set-ADAccountPassword cmdlet: Set-ADAccountPassword johndoe -Reset -NewPassword (ConvertTo-SecureString -AsPlainText "p@ssw0rd" -Force) example using quest's Set-QADUser cmdlet: Set-QADUser johndoe -UserPassword "p@ssw0rd" "Ben" wrote: > I am not AD admin. Give a user's current password, how to change his/...

I cant see emails coming in anymore.
I used to push send/receive and a box would come up telling me 'Receiving 8 of 40 emails' with a green bar going across the centre. Once the emails are received the box goes. If I push send/receive nothing happens. If I push it say, 10 times, again nothing happens. Once all the emails are thru the box that used to come up, than flashes up 10 times, but by than its a little late. Does anyone know how to get the box back? I would really appreciate it... KR Mick. I send this message using the forward procedure to somebody of the group My problem is likely the same as a lot ...

Locked by User
I have one spreadsheet that occassionally Lock itself and has to be opened as Read Only. It is not marked as a shared worksheet and the only way to open it normally, is to reboot the computer. Any ideas what might be causing this to happen? Hi one idea: Try cleaing up your temp directory. Reboot your computer and try again -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany cincode5 wrote: > I have one spreadsheet that occassionally Lock itself and has to be > opened as Read Only. It is not marked as a shared worksheet and the > only way to open it normally, is to reboot the computer. A...

Not able to see all data but can see on another computer
Hi, I am using SAP application and if i retrive the excel file from SAP i can see only 48 lines where as i should see 110 lines but if i opened that same excel file in another computer then i can see all lines (110 Lines) i don't know why its happening. Can anyone help on this? Thanks in advance. Regards, Harish ...

Query to Access : does'nt see tables
Office 2000 SP3 FR From Excel / MS Query, I want to read data in Access tables. I choose the mdb file and so MS Query displays this error message (translated) : "This data source does'nt have any visible table". Original in French : "Cette source de donn´┐Żes ne contient aucune table visible." I transfert my data to a new mdb file : it work's few times (!), then the error message appears again. How to resolve this problem ? Jacques. Gotcha ! MS Query does'nt accept a file name with 2 dot inside ! Example : MyFile.mdb --> Ok My.File.mdb --> "...

Hyperlinking an entire column of domains
Hi I have a column containing text like *http://somedomain.com* but its not hyperlinked. How can I select the column and convert to hyperlinks ? I know for each cell, on editing if I hit the ENTER key, it gets hyperlinked. But how do I do that for an entire column ? Thanks -- anjanesh Freelance Developer ------------------------------------------------------------------------ anjanesh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27132 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=521308 anjanesh Could you use the column next to i...

How to see my mail queue?
Hi there, I have a Exchange 2000 running on Windows 2000 server. Could you please tell me how to monitor my emails in my mail queue? I can't find a location on the Windows to see the mail queue status. Thanks in advance, Ross To view the mail queues follow these steps: 1. Open system manager, Navigate down to the following location Your organization --> Administrative groups --> Your Admin group --> Servers --> Your Server --> Protocols --> SMTP --> SMTP virtual server --> Queues You should then see all the smtp queues and monitor mail. thanks, J. ...

Enable software to work in Domain user account.
Hi to all Enable software to work in Domain user account. Software which i have installed in Win xp is i install software from domain administrator. 1. Office 2003 it's working 2. adobe PDF it's working Other software's are not working, issue in local user and domain user account only, No problem in administrator account (local and domain) if i give them administrator account i can't stop them from miss use the system. Note: Server OS: Win Server 2003 Client OS: Win xp, Win 7 Pro, Vista Business Regards, Vin Win On 03/07/10 03:37, Vinod ...

I see you
Well, not really, but I used Google Earth to zoom in on the Flatiron Building. You can get so close you can see the utilities on the roof, the hydrants on the street, the little parkish area across 5th Avenue, etc etc. Cool! Now tell me where your office is (like where is Peter's window, what floor and facing what street). Google Earth lets you zoom in all directions so I'll be able to turn the map to see that window. Silly I know but still a connection on some level. Pats looked good but not great last night. I didn't watch much more of the game. I'm not sold on ...

Parent Campaign Look-up
Hi, Hopefully someone can help me with this one.. Is it possible to change the 'Look For' options that are available when using look-up fields, ideally by creating a new view? My company runs a considerable number of marketing campaigns, so when we update the contact campaign activity entity and click on the 'Parent Campaign' look-up button we are only able to select 'Campaign' or 'Quick Campaign' from the 'Look For' drop down menu. The problem with this is that we are then provided with an enormous list of open and closed campaigns, when all w...

To See or Not To See
I have copied a few tables of text from a web page into Excel. Some of the information contain word that are hyperlinks or email addresses. Is there a way to change those columns of information to reveal the web address or email address? Thanks So is it just displaying plaintext currently? Have you seen this information from the Help Menu? When you make changes to the Hyperlink and Followed Hyperlink styles, your changes apply to all hyperlinks (hyperlink: Colored and underlined text or a graphic that you click to go to a file, a location in a file, a Web page on the World Wide Web...

E12 unable to see storage groups through EX MMC
We've been running E12 in a test environment for about 1 month and just today ran into a situation where the storage groups for a server are no longer visible from the console on that machine. If we view the server from a console on a different EX server we see all storage groups and stores. Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks can you list the storage groups and stores from the shell (EMS) on that server? did you try restarting EMC? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- &quo...

Exchange 5.5 in a 2003 domain? Using ADMT
Hello all, Sorry, but I couldn't find the answer online, so I thought I'd take it here. I am getting ready to plan a migration from an NT 4.0 domain to a Windows 2003 domain. We are going to use ADMT 2.0 for the user, computer and profile migration. In the existing Windows NT domain, we are running exchange 5.5 on an NT server. We would like to leave this just as it is. If this migration goes well, we will migrate to Exchange 2003 towards the end of the year. What I am trying to find out is, is this even possible to migrate to a 2000 domain and keep the same exchange 5.5 server?...

Publish CRM to External users without the need for A VPN tunnel
I would love the ability to access CRM from my Outlook Client without establishing a VPN connection. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c33e96cd-39d4-469b-92e8...

Nice seeing all of you hopefully I see you in the other forum
really I just wanted to get the last post in prior to it closing today :) ...

Remove Child Node!

Can I see My Calendar as others see it
Can I view my calendar as if I am viewing it by someone with whom I share? no. Your permission levels are greater. Why do you want to be able to? -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook in Canberra, Australia .. "laurelpowellcochrane" <laurelpowellcochrane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46AD6AD8-5B97-4D06-9F73-2D212B626E05@microsoft.com... > Can I view my calendar as if I am viewing it by someone with whom I share? ...

URGENT
We made a change to our exchange server (don't know what it was) and now exchange users cant send email to users in the Global Address Book that have a contact SMTP (ex joe@mycompany.com). Those users are on another email server (unix) . We can however send email to outside SMTP address's. It appears to only happen with SMTP address's that are listed in the global address book. I can send to joe@yahoo.com with no problem URGENT Thanks for your Help Ed homer wrote: > We made a change to our exchange server (don't know what it was) and > now exchange users cant se...

Cannot see posts again
My posts from the Ng do not appear on the NG. I have to go to google groups to look them up. Cumbersome. How can I solve the problem? TIA This newsgroup ? Is WLM configured to use newsgroup community features(if so disable it) Are any of the missing messages present in the Storage folders/Recovered = items folders(and appearing as if sent to you instead of=20 the newsgroup)? -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "Ben Stevenson" wrote in message = news:u3f9tyRNLHA.4288@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... My posts from the Ng do not appear on the NG. I have to go to google = grou...

How do I count words line by line and see them on the left colum?
I need to have a cumulative line-by-line word count, reflected within my document, on the left hand side. Word does not provide any built-in way to do this, and I don't believe it would be feasible even with fields or macros. You would have to do it manually. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "MimiT" <MimiT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64BF758E-FB7F-4BC6-ACD1-250043456C8F@microsoft.com... >I need to have a cumulative line-by-line word count, reflected within m...

User Category Integration Mapping (Inventory)
I am using Integration Manager to pump inventory items into GP V8. I am able to do the necessary mappings other than for User Categories that i have created. Under the Options Tab (Integration Mapping>Inventory Item), i can only see 'Track' and 'User Category' . Any help out there? It appears that you are using the SQL optimized adaptor, which does not support writing to these fields. Your options are: a. use the standard/legacy adaptor. Speed can be an issue b. use a custom stored proc or vbscript in the after document or after integration events to write data to t...

Moved Outlook Express folders to new machine, but cannot see them
Here's what I've done, copied all the .dbx folders from old machine to disk, copied them to desktop of new machine. Opened new account/ new Outlook Express on new machine. Then selected File, Import, Messages, chose OE 6, imported by browsing to the desktop folder I created..I've even received the message"YOUR DATA FROM MICROSOFT OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6 WAS SUCCESSFULLY IMPORTED".. but I still cannot see them within OE.... I have also tried the move by physically copy & pasting the .dbx folders into the 'identities folder' and pointing the store to it and can't ...