Cannot see Administrative Groups

Exchange 2003 SP1 environment. Delegated a group Exchange
View Only Administrator permissions at the Org level.
Users in the group open system manager on a win2003 DC
(has Exchange 2003 SP1 applied as well) and see only the
Recipients and Tools containers under the Organization.
Global Settings and Administrative Groups containers are
not visible.  In properties of Organization object, the
Display Administrative Groups box is checked.  Sounds
like a permissions problem, but permissions on the one
administrative group we have shows that the Exchange View
Only Administrator permissions have been inherited from
the Org level.  Ideas?
0
anonymous (74722)

Answered the question myself.  When I used the delegation
of control wizard to assign Exchange View Only
Administrator permissions to the organization, an ACL was
added to the Org object that specified _only_ View
Information Store Status and no other permissions.  After
I modified the ACL to grant Read, Read Permissions, List
Contents, List Object, and Read Properties permissions,
everything is working normally now.

So why did the delegation of control wizard mess up the
Exchange Read Only Administrator permissions so badly?
Is this a bug?

0
anonymous (74722)

Startup form selection based on Group permission Options
Hello Group, I have an application that I would like to select the startup form the user sees based on the permissions of their user group. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

I cant see emails coming in anymore.
I used to push send/receive and a box would come up telling me 'Receiving 8 of 40 emails' with a green bar going across the centre. Once the emails are received the box goes. If I push send/receive nothing happens. If I push it say, 10 times, again nothing happens. Once all the emails are thru the box that used to come up, than flashes up 10 times, but by than its a little late. Does anyone know how to get the box back? I would really appreciate it... KR Mick. I send this message using the forward procedure to somebody of the group My problem is likely the same as a lot ...

Not able to see all data but can see on another computer
Hi, I am using SAP application and if i retrive the excel file from SAP i can see only 48 lines where as i should see 110 lines but if i opened that same excel file in another computer then i can see all lines (110 Lines) i don't know why its happening. Can anyone help on this? Thanks in advance. Regards, Harish ...

Group Permission on Public Folders
Hello I am curious if its possible by any means to add a DL as having rights to a public folder(as if to add a security group)? Rather then one'sies and two'sies of user rights to folders. thanks e- "Eric - ARUP" <EricARUP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am curious if its possible by any means to add a DL as having rights to a >public folder(as if to add a security group)? Rather then one'sies and >two'sies of user rights to folders. Exchange 5.5? Sure. Exchange 2000/2003? It should be a mail-enabled security group, not a distribution g...

Query to Access : does'nt see tables
Office 2000 SP3 FR From Excel / MS Query, I want to read data in Access tables. I choose the mdb file and so MS Query displays this error message (translated) : "This data source does'nt have any visible table". Original in French : "Cette source de donn´┐Żes ne contient aucune table visible." I transfert my data to a new mdb file : it work's few times (!), then the error message appears again. How to resolve this problem ? Jacques. Gotcha ! MS Query does'nt accept a file name with 2 dot inside ! Example : MyFile.mdb --> Ok My.File.mdb --> "...

Restricted distribution groups
Hello all, I want to create a distribution list that is only available to certain users. Is there any way i can apply security to a distribution list? I would prefer the distribution list being maintained at Exchange rather than Outlook. Thanks in advance Regards Ishan Distribution lists are secure unless you specifically grant rights to them. By default, however, anyone can send to them, but you can control that through the list's properties pages Exchange General > Message Restrictiosn settings. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick ba...

Public Folder Object in new Administrative Group
I created a new Administrative Group and installed one Exchange 2003 Server which is located in that administrative group. My Problem is, that the public folder tree is not visible under "Folders" in Exchange System Manager. I created the "Folders" Object manually by right-clicking the Administrative Group Object -> New > Folder Container. Public Folder Replication from other Exchange Servers is working fine. When I check the Public Folder Resources on store level I see all system folders and one folder I've created on another server. Any ideas ? Thanks M...

PS 2007 Administrative Time
We have configured our timesheets for weekly reporting. I added the administrative time to the timesheet however I am unable to enter any time in. I can enter time for projects in the timesheet but not the administrative time. Any ideas why I am seeing this behavior? Thank you. ...

Showing only % of group in Pivot Chart
Hi, In a Pivot Table, I'm using a field named "CBU" in my row area, which has item values of "HP" and "AC". In my column area, I'm using a date period. The data area has quantity, which I've converted to show % of row, which naturally gives me the percent breakdown that AC and HP represent out of the total. My problem is, in an associated Pivot Chart, I only want to see the percent of total that HP represents - I don't want to see AC. My reason for this is that I'd like to see this HP percent of total by another attribute - a "CHANNEL...

How to see my mail queue?
Hi there, I have a Exchange 2000 running on Windows 2000 server. Could you please tell me how to monitor my emails in my mail queue? I can't find a location on the Windows to see the mail queue status. Thanks in advance, Ross To view the mail queues follow these steps: 1. Open system manager, Navigate down to the following location Your organization --> Administrative groups --> Your Admin group --> Servers --> Your Server --> Protocols --> SMTP --> SMTP virtual server --> Queues You should then see all the smtp queues and monitor mail. thanks, J. ...

Grouping in a Pivot Table
I have created a Pivot Table off of a spreadsheet containing sales related information. I am trying to group the "Due Date" field into months and I keep receiving an error that I cannot group the selection. I have used this feature before with success and I am stumped as to why it is not working this time. Help! Most often it has to do with having blank cells or text mixed in with your dates. Check out this link. Once you have changed all of your items into dates you may have to refresh your pivot table twice before you will be able to group by dates. http://www...

I see you
Well, not really, but I used Google Earth to zoom in on the Flatiron Building. You can get so close you can see the utilities on the roof, the hydrants on the street, the little parkish area across 5th Avenue, etc etc. Cool! Now tell me where your office is (like where is Peter's window, what floor and facing what street). Google Earth lets you zoom in all directions so I'll be able to turn the map to see that window. Silly I know but still a connection on some level. Pats looked good but not great last night. I didn't watch much more of the game. I'm not sold on ...

administrator rights on xp
I have a sony notebook and am reloading Outlook. When I try to open Outlook, a message pops up saying that I am not signed in as administrator and I am. I think I have to get to the hkeys to change some coding but forgot what coding and where to do it in...can anyone help me? ...

Sum a group of numbers
When I first started using Excel, if I had a bunch of different totals on a worksheet, I could hold down the right mouse button and cover the group I wanted to add. The sum of these numbers would appear on the bottom of either the worksheet or a task bar. I have lost the ability to do this. Or I have lost the task bar. How do I get it back? Hi Barbie, That would be the status bar. If it is not showing, go to View>Status Bar to turn it on. If the sum function is still not showing, right click anywhere on the status bar and select which option you want. HTH Martin "Barbie...

How do I set up and use a group box form control?
All I want to know is how to add a group box to a spreadsheet and add checkboxes so that they're "embedded" in the group box. (Now when I drag the group box around, the checkboxes don't move with it...) Show the drawing toolbar. There's an arrow icon that you can lasso the objects that you want grouped. Then right click on the "grouped" selection and select Grouping. Then Group. Click the arrow icon to get out of that mode. Grizz905 wrote: > > All I want to know is how to add a group box to a spreadsheet and add > checkboxes so that they're ...

To See or Not To See
I have copied a few tables of text from a web page into Excel. Some of the information contain word that are hyperlinks or email addresses. Is there a way to change those columns of information to reveal the web address or email address? Thanks So is it just displaying plaintext currently? Have you seen this information from the Help Menu? When you make changes to the Hyperlink and Followed Hyperlink styles, your changes apply to all hyperlinks (hyperlink: Colored and underlined text or a graphic that you click to go to a file, a location in a file, a Web page on the World Wide Web...

Grouping by the hour
I would like to bar chart a room usage count by the hour. When the room is checked anytime during the hour it is added to the total for the hour. On the "Y" axis is the room usage count and on the "X" axis is the hour of the day. How should I go about doing this, considering the data below? (e.g. a bar would extend to the point 9:00 AM and 6) TIA for the help. -Brandon P time roomusagecount 8:41 AM 0 8:45 AM 0 9:30 AM 1 9:35 AM 0 9:35 AM 0 9:35 AM 1 9:40 AM 2 9:53 AM 2 10:10 AM 0 10:15 AM 1 10:15 AM 2 11:18 AM 1 11:31 AM 0 11:33 AM 2 12:56 PM 1 1:10 PM 2 1:10 PM 2 2:...

E12 unable to see storage groups through EX MMC
We've been running E12 in a test environment for about 1 month and just today ran into a situation where the storage groups for a server are no longer visible from the console on that machine. If we view the server from a console on a different EX server we see all storage groups and stores. Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks can you list the storage groups and stores from the shell (EMS) on that server? did you try restarting EMC? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- &quo...

Deleting last 5.5 from 2003 admin group (KB question)
I'm following through KB 822450 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822450/ To remove the last 5.5 server from our location. Alls going well but I'm afraid step 12 has flawed me ! it reads: 12. Move any connectors on the Exchange 5.5 computer to a Site Replication Service (SRS) server in the site. This includes any of the following connector types: . Site connectors . X400 connectors . Directory Replication connectors I'm afraid I need a clue on how to get this done. I've looked at the ADC connector on the 2003 server but I can't see an...

Moving mailbox betweek admin groups in mixed mode
I have added Exchange 2003 servers in an existing Exchange 5.5 org and moved most of my mailboxes. I am still in mixed mode and would like to move mailboxes from one admin group to another. First, the move mailbox wizard does not allow moving to another admin group. It only allows moving to another stogare group within the administrative group. If I use Exmerge, how do I delete the mailbox from one admin group and add it to another while keeping is associated with the same NT user account in AD. If anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate it Thanks - AK Exmerge data out. Delete mail...

Nice seeing all of you hopefully I see you in the other forum
really I just wanted to get the last post in prior to it closing today :) ...

Can I see My Calendar as others see it
Can I view my calendar as if I am viewing it by someone with whom I share? no. Your permission levels are greater. Why do you want to be able to? -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook in Canberra, Australia .. "laurelpowellcochrane" <laurelpowellcochrane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46AD6AD8-5B97-4D06-9F73-2D212B626E05@microsoft.com... > Can I view my calendar as if I am viewing it by someone with whom I share? ...

Moved Outlook Express folders to new machine, but cannot see them
Here's what I've done, copied all the .dbx folders from old machine to disk, copied them to desktop of new machine. Opened new account/ new Outlook Express on new machine. Then selected File, Import, Messages, chose OE 6, imported by browsing to the desktop folder I created..I've even received the message"YOUR DATA FROM MICROSOFT OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6 WAS SUCCESSFULLY IMPORTED".. but I still cannot see them within OE.... I have also tried the move by physically copy & pasting the .dbx folders into the 'identities folder' and pointing the store to it and can't ...

Email groups some working some not
I've upgrade from 5.5 to 2003 - now running native mode. Emails groups working fine for months now most but not all work. Can not see a pattern to which work and which don't. It isn't the incorrect setting of the expansion server (checked that). There is no logging trail - the emails just go to the ether. With no faults being reported I've no idea how to go about a fix. On 18 Jun 2006 21:30:54 -0700, imscott@bigpond.net.au wrote: >I've upgrade from 5.5 to 2003 - now running native mode. Emails groups >working fine for months now most but not all work. Can not see a...

Messed up Administrator permissions
Hello... I seem to have messed up the permissions for the Administrator on our Windows Server (2003) as a result of using ExMerge and the Exchange System Manager, and I was wondering if someone would be able to help. I can no longer connect to any other mailboxes as the Administrator, and when I look at the mailbox rights via Active Directory, BOTH the Allow and Deny boxes are checked for Full Mailbox Access, but the Deny box is greyed-out so I can't uncheck it. Similarly, in Exchange System Manager under the Security tab for the mailbox store, BOTH the Allow and Deny boxes are che...