Cannot remove Intelligent Message Filter Ver 1 to install EX2K3-Sp2

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C5E563.9D2EF330

Hi,

When trying to install SP2 on Exchange 2003, I got the flag that I =
needed to remove the Intelligent Message Filter before preceeding, no =
problem says I.  However, on inspection there is no uninstall.  On =
running setup from the Intelligent Message Filter install, in hopes to =
uninstall it from there, I get an unexpected error - code 2755, which =
probably means that it found that it was already installed and there was =
nothing to do. =20

Regardless, the question now is, how do I uninstall IMF in order to =
install SP2.  It looks like there are some nice to have features in SP2, =
and even if there weren't, if EX2K3 ever makes it to SP3 I will probably =
want to get there with it, hopefully without having to reinstall =
Exchange.

Ideas?

Steven Perry
MCSE, CNA, CNE, etc.
------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C5E563.9D2EF330

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>When trying to install SP2 on Exchange 2003, I =
got the=20
flag that I needed to remove the Intelligent Message Filter before =
preceeding,=20
no problem says I.&nbsp; However, on inspection there is no =
uninstall.&nbsp; On=20
running setup from the Intelligent Message Filter install, in hopes to =
uninstall=20
it from there,&nbsp;I get an unexpected error - code 2755, which =
probably means=20
that it found that it was already installed and there was nothing to =
do.&nbsp;=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Regardless, the question now is, how do I =
uninstall IMF=20
in&nbsp;order to install SP2.&nbsp;&nbsp;It&nbsp;looks like there are =
some nice=20
to have features in SP2, and even if there weren't, if EX2K3 ever makes =
it to=20
SP3 I will probably want to get there with it, hopefully without having =
to=20
reinstall Exchange.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Ideas?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Steven Perry</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>MCSE, CNA, CNE, etc.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C5E563.9D2EF330--

0
boscoe (3)

------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C5E648.F84DCFD0

Hi Steven,

It should be in Control Pannel | Add/Remove Programs

Regards
--=20
Ben Hoffman=20
MCP (Win2003 Server, Exchange 2003 Admin & Design)
http://www.ExchangeIS.com
  "JF Geschmidt" <boscoe@weanus.com> wrote in message =
[...]

<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi Steven,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>It should be in&nbsp;Control Pannel=20
|&nbsp;Add/Remove Programs</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Regards</FONT><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2><BR>--=20
<BR>Ben Hoffman <BR>MCP (Win2003 Server, Exchange 2003 Admin &amp; =
Design)<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.ExchangeIS.com">http://www.ExchangeIS.com</A></FONT></=

<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"JF Geschmidt" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:boscoe@weanus.com">boscoe@weanus.com</A>&gt; wrote in =
message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:dkueen$r2f@dispatch.concentric.net">news:dkueen$r2f@dispatch=
..concentric.net</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>When trying to install SP2 on Exchange 2003, I =
got the=20
  flag that I needed to remove the Intelligent Message Filter before =
preceeding,=20
  no problem says I.&nbsp; However, on inspection there is no =
uninstall.&nbsp;=20
  On running setup from the Intelligent Message Filter install, in hopes =
to=20
  uninstall it from there,&nbsp;I get an unexpected error - code 2755, =
which=20
  probably means that it found that it was already installed and there =
was=20
  nothing to do.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Regardless, the question now is, how do I =
uninstall IMF=20
  in&nbsp;order to install SP2.&nbsp;&nbsp;It&nbsp;looks like there are =
some=20
  nice to have features in SP2, and even if there weren't, if EX2K3 ever =
makes=20
  it to SP3 I will probably want to get there with it, hopefully without =
having=20
  to reinstall Exchange.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Ideas?</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Steven Perry</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>MCSE, CNA, CNE,=20
etc.</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C5E648.F84DCFD0--

0
ben.hoffman (411)

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C5E5C4.34370960

Hi,

It is not there.  That would be the logical place...   I originally =
installed it from an MSI file (not a setup.exe - it doesn't download =
with one), am not sure whether the MSI only will create an uninstall.  I =
also tried running the MSI file with the comman line /uninstall, which =
gives me an error too. =20

Do you, or does anyone know how to manually remove it?

Steve

  "Ben Hoffman" <ben.hoffman@cdu.edu.au> wrote in message =
[...]

<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>It is not there.&nbsp; That would be the logical =

place...&nbsp;&nbsp; I originally installed it from an MSI file (not a =
setup.exe=20
- it doesn't download with one), am not sure whether the MSI only will =
create an=20
uninstall.&nbsp; I also tried running the MSI file with the comman line=20
/uninstall, which gives me an error too.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Do you, or does anyone know how to manually =
remove=20
it?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Steve</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"Ben Hoffman" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:ben.hoffman@cdu.edu.au">ben.hoffman@cdu.edu.au</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
  message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:%23x$Khlf5FHA.2560@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl">news:%23x$Khlf5FHA.=
2560@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi Steven,</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>It should be in&nbsp;Control Pannel=20
  |&nbsp;Add/Remove Programs</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Regards</FONT><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2><BR>--=20
  <BR>Ben Hoffman <BR>MCP (Win2003 Server, Exchange 2003 Admin &amp;=20
  Design)<BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.ExchangeIS.com">http://www.ExchangeIS.com</A></FONT></=

  <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
    <DIV>"JF Geschmidt" &lt;<A=20
    href=3D"mailto:boscoe@weanus.com">boscoe@weanus.com</A>&gt; wrote in =
message=20
    <A=20
    =
href=3D"news:dkueen$r2f@dispatch.concentric.net">news:dkueen$r2f@dispatch=
..concentric.net</A>...</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>When trying to install SP2 on Exchange 2003, =
I got the=20
    flag that I needed to remove the Intelligent Message Filter before=20
    preceeding, no problem says I.&nbsp; However, on inspection there is =
no=20
    uninstall.&nbsp; On running setup from the Intelligent Message =
Filter=20
    install, in hopes to uninstall it from there,&nbsp;I get an =
unexpected error=20
    - code 2755, which probably means that it found that it was already=20
    installed and there was nothing to do.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Regardless, the question now is, how do I =
uninstall=20
    IMF in&nbsp;order to install SP2.&nbsp;&nbsp;It&nbsp;looks like =
there are=20
    some nice to have features in SP2, and even if there weren't, if =
EX2K3 ever=20
    makes it to SP3 I will probably want to get there with it, hopefully =
without=20
    having to reinstall Exchange.</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Ideas?</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Steven Perry</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>MCSE, CNA, CNE,=20
etc.</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C5E5C4.34370960--

0
boscoe (3)
11/10/2005 2:58:50 PM
Try reinstalling the MSI, then uninstalling...

--
Christopher G. Lewis
http://www.ChristopherLewis.com

"Boscoe Weanus" <Boscoe@Weanus.com> wrote in message
[...]

Christopher
11/12/2005 8:43:17 PM
Thanks that is at great idea.

Steve

"Christopher G. Lewis" <Chris@NoSpam@ChristopherLewis@Com> wrote in message
> Try reinstalling the MSI, then uninstalling...
>
> --
> Christopher G. Lewis
> http://www.ChristopherLewis.com
>
> "Boscoe Weanus" <Boscoe@Weanus.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> It is not there.  That would be the logical place...   I originally
> installed it from an MSI file (not a setup.exe - it doesn't download with
> one), am not sure whether the MSI only will create an uninstall.  I also
> tried running the MSI file with the comman line /uninstall, which gives me
> an error too.
>
> Do you, or does anyone know how to manually remove it?
>
> Steve
>

> "Ben Hoffman" <ben.hoffman@cdu.edu.au> wrote in message
> Hi Steven,
>
> It should be in Control Pannel | Add/Remove Programs
>
> Regards
> --
> Ben Hoffman
> MCP (Win2003 Server, Exchange 2003 Admin & Design)
> http://www.ExchangeIS.com
> "JF Geschmidt" <boscoe@weanus.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> When trying to install SP2 on Exchange 2003, I got the flag that I needed
> to remove the Intelligent Message Filter before preceeding, no problem
> says I. However, on inspection there is no uninstall.  On running setup
> from the Intelligent Message Filter install, in hopes to uninstall it from
> there, I get an unexpected error - code 2755, which probably means that it
> found that it was already installed and there was nothing to do.
>
> Regardless, the question now is, how do I uninstall IMF in order to
> install SP2.  It looks like there are some nice to have features in SP2,
> and even if there weren't, if EX2K3 ever makes it to SP3 I will probably
> want to get there with it, hopefully without having to reinstall Exchange.
>
> Ideas?
>
> Steven Perry
> MCSE, CNA, CNE, etc.

0
boscoe (3)

Outlook 2007 Message Flags Keep Appearing
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C79AF1.3BDDB590 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I'm finding that I constantly have email messages showing up that are flagged but I have never set the flag for the message. Does anyone know what would be setting the flags and how I can stop them from being set? ------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C79AF1.3BDDB590 Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml&q...

Message Sensitivity
In Outlook 2000 what do the 3 message sensitivity options mean? Personal, Private and Confidential ...

Removal

Remove Excel Icon ??

Adding Digital Signature to message(s)
Simple problem, really: The choice to add a digital signature to outgoing messages (Tools/Options/Security) or to an individual message (New Message/Options/Security Settings/Add Digital Signature to this message)is grayed and unavailable. I am seeing this on many of our workstations in the enterprise, but not on ALL of them. I am not using MS Word as my email editor. Any information is greatly appreciated. Ken Are all the workstations running as users or local admins? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert...

problems backing up hotmail messages
I used to always back up old hotmail messages on my HD by simply opening outlook, accessing hotmail via outlook, and then clicking and dragging the messages into my local outlook e-mail folders, which saves them on my hard drive. however i just did a recent backup with outlook express and it saved all the messages as ".EML" files. outlook express would never do this, the message would appear the same as they would in hotmail. i could also transfer them back and forth, from my pc to my hotmail account. my problem is that i need to restore some of these messages to hotmail but...

Exchange 2003 installation problem
Hello All- I am so frustrated with Exchange. This all started out when I installed Exchange 2007 and backed out because of all the restrictions and it was so radically different from Exchange 2003. So I uninstalled it and went through all kinds of gyrations to do so. Then I reinstalled Exchange 2003 and there were multiple administrative groups and mailboxes wouldn't create. So I completely uninstalled it, IIS and all the related services. Then I went into ADSIedit.msc and changed the heuristics value to none. Now I am trying to reinstall Exchange 2003 and at the Forest Preparation...

keep getting error message when sending mail.
I've been using outlook express version 6.0 for awhile now..the other day, for some reason or another I started getting an error message whenever I send email. I receive just fine. I go into setup,and everything is correct as far as the internet mail addresses and such...like I said, everything has worked fine now for several months, and suddenly this message keeps occuring...maybe somebody can explain to me what it means, and where I can look to correct it...below is the message that I continue to receive.. The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejec...

Message headers
All, I have a strange problem im loosing spam score's as messages are passed from my exchange 5.5 server to my exchange 2003 server. Currently we use a mcafee appliance to to stamp a spam score in the message header from there the message delivers to the exchange 5.5 server, and if the recipient is not on that server it delivers to the exchange 2003 server both are in the same administrative group. Exchange 5.5 headers contain the spam score. Exchange 2003 headers do not contain the spam score. Any ideas ? Thanks ~BB "Brian B" <BrianB@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Access 2007 Filter & Labels
I have Access 2007. I set up a database with names & addresses. I turn on a filter to limit the amount of data that I want to print. I used the label wizard and came up with a label report that prints fine. I save every thing and close Access 2007. The problem is when I bring up my database again, and I look at my label report, there are labels for all of the records in the database. I have noticed that the filter has been turned off. Even when I turn the filter on again, my lable report shows all of the records in the database. To get my correct labels to print I have to go...

server-requested client action message
This message comes up on a clients computer with Outlook 2002 sp3 every time it's opened. Tried a lot of different things including Outlook profile removal, reinstalled Outlook and creating a rule and deleting it hoping it would reset. Thanks. In news:%23boIuP6GGHA.3532@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl, MCSA-M <kbenator@gmail.com> typed: > This message comes up on a clients computer with Outlook 2002 sp3 > every time it's opened. Tried a lot of different things including > Outlook profile removal, reinstalled Outlook and creating a rule and > deleting it hoping it would...

Remove lines with +++

Office 2007 ultimate and Outlook 2007 Installation
I currently have Outlook 2007 on my PC. I will be installinf the complete ultimate suite. Do I need to uninstall the current outlook 2007 first? If I don't and install over it, will I loose my emails and folders? I would prefer to install all of the office suite in case there are files or links that could be omitted if I choose not to install outllok from the suite. Thank you for your help RGH Which Office 2007 version do you have installed at present -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be a...

Error Message #68
When I start Outlook 2002 on my computer, I get the following error message: GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL. Entry Point not found. What does this mean and how do I correct it??? Frank <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I start Outlook 2002 on my computer, I get the > following error message: > > GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library > MSDART.DLL. Entry Point not found. > > What does this mean and how do I correct it??? Asked and answered hundreds of times. Update MDAC at Windows Up...

ODBC Error Message: Configuration Process Failed...
A second error appears that says "Could not write to registry". I have an ODBC connection that our team added to a number of users machines. Through a button it is pulling information from an Access DB. The connection worked, when set-up, on all but about 6 machines. The errors, as mentioned above, were "Configuration Process Failed" and "Could not write to registry". I have been unsuccessful in locating a topic in forums, help files, etc, related to this. Has anyone seen this before? Do you know a solution? Thank you! ...

CRMAF does not work for report filtering
Hi. I am aware of the fact that CRMAF_ prefix is used to enable advanced find filter to custom reports. however, it does not work in one of our customers. I tried everything, but the same code runs in one of the reprts of another customer and does not run in this one I am gonna go crazy real soon Is there a requirement of SQL 2005 in order to make this prefix work? Erdem, As far as I know there's nothing special you need to set in CRM or in SQL for the auto-filter to work. Can you try creating a very simple report and publishing it in CRM? You can also check and Authentication be...

How to Remove SRS

Sounds in html messages
WinXP Pro w/ SP2 and all of the latest updates, patches, hotfixes from the Windows Update Site. Outlook2k3 w/ all of the latest updates, patches, hotfixes from the Office Update Site. Whenever I receive an email in Outlook2k3 and look at the html for that email the bgsound tag points to something similar to "cid:(long string of alpha-numeric)@(xxx)" Where is this file stored? I've done searches for these types of files and the computer never finds that long, cryptic file. Where is it? Thanks in advance for any help! :-) In the mailbox store. (e.g. if you are a pop3...

Public folder message copies to another user
Is there a way from exchange 2003 to allow mails that come to a public folder to be forwarded or a copy of it sent to anotehr user. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Hi Smith, If you mail enable your public folder, you will get the normal Exchange email tabs, then in Exchange System go to the Exchange General tab | Delivery Options | Forwarding Address | Forward To, and type the contact or email account to deliver to. Note this will only work for messages sent to this public folder via its email address. For messages created in the Public Folders directly this method will not wor...

error message #8
How do I install Money 2004 and set it up to use Norton Utilities? In microsoft.public.money, bkoch wrote: >How do I install Money 2004 and set it up to use Norton >Utilities? Try it? If no go, read various opinions and experiences that have been posted: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=&num=50&as_scoring=d&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=nav+norton&as_eq=google&as_ugroup=microsoft.public.money&as_usubject=&as_uauthors=&as_umsgid=&lr=&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=&as_mind=12&as_minm=5&as_mi...

Removing an item from menu

Sharing Workbook Info message ?
Recently, as I go to Tools, Share Workbook, ck on Allow ....(slfkjsaldjflskjf.....) and OK a message box pops up saying "Seletion is too Large" I just ck OK and move on. Am I missing something here? TIA, Jim ...

Message title is blank
Using Outlook 2000, I have noted lately that when I reply to an email stored in my pst file, the information does not have a subject line or a message text from me as it supposed to have. It is just an envelope that is blank. Any idea what is causing this behavior and how to resolve this? It does not happen from my mailbox itself but only from my pst files that are stored on the network. ...