cannot receive e-mail from outside domains

We have a lcient who cannot receive e-mail from domains outside his own.  He
is not behind a pix firewall.  Please respond and let me know what you think
I should check to try and resolve this issue.

Thanks

David GOldberg

Hi David

What is your clients domain name?
Do they have an MX record configured on an external DNS server for his
domain?

--
Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Limited

"David Goldberg" <DavidGoldberg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have a lcient who cannot receive e-mail from domains outside his own.
> He
> is not behind a pix firewall.  Please respond and let me know what you
> think
> I should check to try and resolve this issue.
>
> Thanks
>
> David GOldberg

0
markfu (160)
4/26/2005 9:05:11 PM
Is this a new domain?  If so, has the email domain been added to Exchange
default Recipient Policy?

Kind Regards,

--
Colin M. McGroarty, MCSE, MCP+I, NT-CIP
2004 Microsoft MVP, Windows Server - General

0
CMcGroarty (78)
4/26/2005 9:07:56 PM
David,

Things to check:

- Is the FW allowing TCP port 25 from the outside to the IP of the Exchange
server?

- Is client's Internet domain properly configured with an MX record?

See some additional info on this issue:

Configure MX Records for Incoming SMTP E-Mail Traffic:
http://www.petri.co.il/configure_mx_records_for_incoming_smtp_email_traffic.htm

--
Cheers,

Daniel Petri
MCSE, MCT, Exchange Server MVP
www.petri.co.il

(This post is provided as-is with no warranties, expressed or otherwise,
etc.)

"David Goldberg" wrote:

> We have a lcient who cannot receive e-mail from domains outside his own.  He
> is not behind a pix firewall.  Please respond and let me know what you think
> I should check to try and resolve this issue.
>
> Thanks
>
> David GOldberg

0
msforums1 (3)

E-Mailing Information
All - I have a form that is used to select Sub-Contractors. The "Select" box is not bound to any field on the form. When the user has finished making their selections, they click a button to generate the email. What I've been using is the EMailToPDF module, which works great. The question I have is...is there a way to take the results of the report I'm emailing (or recordset) and put that information in the email body...Let me make the stipulation that I don't want to send an individual email to each record or I don't want to attach the report. I only wan...

Pictures Received Are Garbled
Hi, I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. How do I (or they) make it stop? Marebear wrote: > Hi, > > I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the > pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. > Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. > > How do I (or they) make it stop? Anti-...

How to highlight the mail was sent by bcc
How to highlight the mail was sent by bcc? anyway is acceptable, ex: move them into a special folder, or make the mail up a color, or add a flag with is .....etc. Please share a way to do management of bcc mail. Thanks kuotaiyi wrote: > How to highlight the mail was sent by bcc? > > anyway is acceptable, ex: move them into a special folder, or make > the mail up a color, or add a flag with is .....etc. > > Please share a way to do management of bcc mail. Out of curiousity, do you mean highlight it to the person receiving the email or highlight to the person sending ...

Problem with serial receive
I have a receive thread for a serial com port. I'm calling WaitCommEvent with an overlapped structure to get events. The event mask is EV_BREAK | EV_RXCHAR | EV_ERR. I also have an overlapped read operation to get receive input. Both events are setup with auto-reset. The port works fine until I get an error. When an error occurs on the receive line the read event is signaled and the call to GetOverlappedResult returns 995 Operation Aborted (the thread has not exited). I then get a WaitCommEvent signal. I call ClearCommError() which returns a CE_RXPARITY error. I thought ClearComm...

password protect mail box?
is it possible to password protect an exchange 2003 mail box? All Exchange mailboxes are password protected. -- Ed Crowley Celebrating a decade of Exchange peer support "bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:185139E2-6838-414B-BE94-2B7311278D8A@microsoft.com... > is it possible to password protect an exchange 2003 mail box? On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:44:02 -0700, "bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >is it possible to password protect an exchange 2003 mail box? Isnt this mailbox associated with an AD account already?...

Cant send or receive emails
I've done something to my settings, and cannot send or receive emails. Can anyone tell me what to do? And I'm not a newby either, shame shame! thanks. Kari Error message? Version of Outlook? Type of mail account? Checked your mail account settings already? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Kari Jacob" <jacob52@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:549201c49180$ec8cfa40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I've done something to my...

E-mail router 09-17-04
How does the Exchange E-mail router determine if a message is meant to go to the CRM queue. Part of the email configuration is setting an advanced Exchange attribute for the user (CRMEmailEnabled). This let's the router to know to route message trafiic to CRM. Then the email address is used to determine which Queue to send the messages. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 04:49:11 -0700, "walepop@hotmail.com" <walepophotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: How does t...

Receive email in real-time
We have several PCs in our company that are receiving Exchange email messages in real-time, whereas others have to click Send/Receive within MS Outlook to receive their email. How do I setup Exchange where all users can receive their email instantaneously on any machine in the organization onto which they logon. Thanks in advance, Mervin Williams Hi, You can't configure Exchange to not deliver emails instantly to Outlook users. This is an Outlook setting and will have to be configured here. Leif "Mervin Williams" <mwilliams@innovasolutions.net> skrev i en meddelel...

Pre-formatted E-mails for Attachments
We're using Outlook 2003. If a user is in My Documents, right clicks on a Word Document (for instance), chooses Send To, E-Mail, a preformatted E-mail appears on the screen. Is there anyway we can change the Template for that E-mail? TIA, JohnK John F Kappler, you wrote on Mon, 20 Feb 2006 17:10:44 GMT: > We're using Outlook 2003. > > If a user is in My Documents, right clicks on a Word Document (for > instance), chooses Send To, E-Mail, a preformatted E-mail appears on > the screen. > > Is there anyway we can change the Template for that E-mail? You can...

Received Not Invoiced not = GL(205000-000-000 Received Not Invoic
I am working on some questions for an audit, and was asked why when we run an RNI report [Reports>Purchasing>Analysis>Received/Not Invoiced] for a specific date range, it doesn't match the [Summary Inquiry] numbers. Shouldn't you be able to run a report that selects the RNI from the POP tables for a specified date range and the GL20000 (acct code 20500-000-000) for the same date range and come up with the same result. I figured out the answer, never mind! "Rich" wrote: > I am working on some questions for an audit, and was asked why when we run an > RN...

new mail, automatically email adres
Hello, I use outlook 2002, also 2003 on several pc's When i send new mail, automatically when i type the first letters of the recipient, the email adres is visible? Can i delete this list or put it off? Thank you, Uncheck the "Suggest names when completing the To, CC and BCC fields" box here: Tools menu > Options > Email > Advanced Email Options "wvdp" <wavdp@belgacom.net> wrote in message news:%23eAANoXqFHA.3524@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I use outlook 2002, also 2003 on several pc's > When i send new mail, automatica...

Send & Receive button doesn't work
I installed Office XP and the SP3 service pack. I can't get the "send and recieve" button to work in MS Outlook. Everytime I click it I get a error message "The operation failed. An object could not be found." I tried proposed resolution in from MS knowledge base article 312354 but it didn't fix the problem. Any suggestions on the fix? i'd follow the procedure for creating a new profile again first. if that fails, try a repair operation. "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b0d01c425ad$17305570$a401280a@...

Send/Receive Operation Failed
Hey Folks, Symptom: I was receiving an "Operation Failed" message when pressing the Send/Receive button. Background: I tried the trial of Office 2003, reverted back to Office XP. After re-install of Office XP, Outlook resumed all previous settings, however the Send/Receive function was inoperative. Fix: After some searching and experimenting, the solution was found in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 284312. After shutting Outlook down, finding the Outlook file with the extension *.srs, renaming it to *.old, and restarting Outlook, the Send/Receive function resumed n...

email stuck in outbox: receiving error message
My emails are stuck in my outbox. They do send to the recepient, but never switch over to my sent box. Go to the 'Tools' menu, then options. In the first / 'Preferences' window that appears (tab shown at the top) click on 'E-mail Options'. Make sure there's a check mark in the box that says 'Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder'. If this is already done, you might want to note the exact text of the error message and do a search in the Microsoft Knowledge Base. >-----Original Message----- >My emails are stuck in my outbox. They do s...

Mail Merge Publications as E-mails in Publishher 2003
I don't know what I'm missing but I'm sure someone can set me straight. 1) I want to send a Publisher e-mail template to people in my Outlook contacts. I'm familiar with mail merging in Word. 2) When I go through the mail merging process in Publisher, I see no option to actually send it as an e-mail. 3) I end up with a merge that has individual publications but no option to send these as e-mails. 4) If I do a similiar process in Word, at some point after I select that I want an e-mail, I get an option following through with the e-mail procedure. 5) I have read several post...

Mircosoft Web Outlook having problems reading my mail
I am having trouble accessing my e-mail through Mirco-Soft Exchange Web Outlook ...

Forwarding mail received from a receive-only account to a send/receive account
I am trying to setup Outlook 2002 (SP3) to pop mail from one of my accounts. This account (Account1)is receive-only, that is in the Send/Receive group settings I have setup the account to "Receive mail items" but not to "Send mail items". I have existing rules that forward mail that I get from certain people, and I have another account (Account2) which I have setup to send and receive. However, when I receive mail from Account1 that matches the rules, the mail gets forwarded(sent) using Account1 even though the Send/Receive group settings say the account is receive-only. ...

Sending and receiving
I can receive e-mail but cannot send. I've checked my settings - they are the same as Outlook, which I used on my old XP computer. This is a new Win 7 computer. Copy and paste the entire error message for analysis please . ... . "Railroad Henry (not John)" <RailroadHenrynotJohn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:120A3A4D-6860-46AC-A94E-C7CB0AB7AD34@microsoft.com... > I can receive e-mail but cannot send. I've checked my settings - they are > the > same as Outlook, which I used on my old XP computer. This is a new Win 7 > compu...

After importing from 2004 to 2008, many e-mails are missing!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I just installed Office 2008 Business Edition on my Mac. When I opened Entourage, it automatically knew my account information and appears to have transferred e-mails from the former 2004 edition over. However, there were several e-mails missing. <br><br>I went to File > Import and followed the prompts to bring everything from 2004 over, but there are still weeks worth of e-mails MISSING entirely. Additionally, there are several calendar items that are missing as well. <br&...

Where is my POP3 Mail going?
I've been brought into a situation where the Exchange server appears to be retreiving from our ISP, however I don't know where they are going after that. They do not appear to be sending to any mail boxes. Thanks! Eric "Eric McDonald" <emcdonald@docutap.com> wrote in news:vs7llg7utpid53@corp.supernews.com: > I've been brought into a situation where the Exchange server appears > to be retreiving from our ISP, however I don't know where they are > going after that. They do not appear to be sending to any mail boxes. I think we'll need more i...

Is there a way create a identity for Windows Mail
Hello, I am working in earhlink. I want to whether there is way to create a identity in Windows mail. Thank you. ...

Hiding Received Items on Purchase Orders
Is there a way to hide already received items on a PO? That is, can a revised PO be printed that only shows remaining open items (backorders). On that same note, is there a way to print out a "Receiver" or "Check-in Sheet" for my staff to check in orders against, as opposed to the actual purchase order, which shows more information than I'd like shown... Thanks for any input!! ...

IMAP E-mails Automatically Marked As Read?
outlook is somehow automatically marking all my emails as read via imap for my host's emails. i've tested it. i send myself a bunch of emails and it takes about a second and a half for outlook to automatically mark them all as read at once, no matter what the subject is or what the email's contents are or where the emails are coming from. this only happens in outlook and nowhere else i check my host's email via imap. this is a fresh outlook install with no rules set or anything.. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Are you syncing with a smartphone? -- Diane P...

Exch2003 SMTP connector send outgoing mail very slow to smart host
Dear Sir, Just installed first exch2003 and join in exch55 organisation, move all the users mailbox to exch2003. Create smtp connector in exch2003,both exch server smtp connector configure using smart host. Cost for smtp connector for exch2003 set to 1 and exch55 is 10. All the outgoing mail through exch2003 smtp connector very slow to send out. Caused all the outgoing mail queueing. If I make the outgoing mail through exch55 IMC, outgoing mail very fast to send out. Both server running Trend micro scan mail. Version different. Tested without scan mail in exch2003 sam...