Cannot hide recipients in the Global Address List

Windows 2000 domain + Exchange 2000 + Outlook 2000. I hide a user, but his
name instill shows up in the Globe Address List. It didn't happen before.
Anybody can help me???

Andy

0
andy.zhou (8)

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 09:52:34 -0600, "Andy Zhou" <andy.zhou@mail.com>
wrote:

>Windows 2000 domain + Exchange 2000 + Outlook 2000. I hide a user, but his
>name instill shows up in the Globe Address List. It didn't happen before.
>Anybody can help me???
>
>Andy

IS the RUS updating for new accounts properly?

0
mark7219 (5666)
1/4/2005 7:54:53 PM
Hi Andy,

Thanks for posting here.

First, I would like to clarify the steps that you used to hide the user in
address list.

1. Open Active Directory Users and Computers
2. Open the user's properties, and then switch to Exchange Advanced tab
3. Select Hide from Exchange address lists

If you have performed the steps above but they have not take effect, the
problem is most likely caused by that the information in AD and Exchange
has not been synchronized.  Let's try the steps below to manually update
the address list:

Step 1: Update Recipient Update Service in Exchange
=================================
1. Open Exchange Server Manager/Recipients/Recipient Update Service/
2. Right-click on the entry in the right pane and select Rebuild
3. Select Offline Address List, right-click on the Default Offline Address
and select Rebuild.
4. After rebuild, please right-click on each item and click Update Now.

Then, please test to see if it works for you.

Step 2: Download Offline Address Book in Outlook
=================================
Open Outlook 2000, select Send/Receive, download address book

Check the issue again.

If the problem persists, please use the LDP.exe tool to dump the attributes
of a problematic user in your AD and also send it to me at
v-patcai@microsoft.com. For more info about how to use ldp.exe to dump
attributes, please refer to the following Knowledge Base (KB) article:

XADM: Alternative Methods to Obtain a Dump of an Object
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;271201

Hope the information helps. If anything is unclear, please feel free to let
us know.

Regards,

Pat Cai
Microsoft Online Partner Support

v-patcai (151)
1/5/2005 10:27:13 AM
Hey Andy, can you have a look at the User object and see if the
HideFromAddressBook property us set to TRUE?  If the value of this property
is TRUE, the User should not be displayed in the address list.  If you have
more than DC in your topology, you may have to wait for replication to occur
since the GAL lookup may occur on a different server than which you made
your configuration change.

"Andy Zhou" <andy.zhou@mail.com> wrote in message
> Windows 2000 domain + Exchange 2000 + Outlook 2000. I hide a user, but his
> name instill shows up in the Globe Address List. It didn't happen before.
> Anybody can help me???
>
> Andy

0
jobrien (4)

outlook 2000 automatically changing e-mail address
how can I prevent Outlook 2000 to automatically replace a manually entered e-mail address for a contact with the first entry. For example: For contact "jim" I have an e-mail address "jim@abc" and an email 2 address of "jim@xyz". I want a specific message to go to the email 2 address and manually enter "jim@xyz" in the To field. When Outlook sends the message, it replaces the "jim@xyz" with "jim@abc" and sends the message to that last account. ...

Using custom fields for better email list view.
Hello. I get lots of letters with the same title. I want to group them by topic and sort on the number of letters in the group. I know that I can do this using custom fields but I do not know what query to use to get the number of letters the group. ...

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

File List Folder Outlook 2003
Hi, I found an article which describes how to setup a folder to view any file system folder in Outlook 2002. I can't find any equivalent in Outlook 2003. Basically I just want to have an Outlook 2003 folder named something like "my files" and have its address pointing to a mapped drive. I have tried setting up a "home page" location on a folder, but it only works for web addresses, not file systems. Thanks in advance. Regards, Troy At the bottom of the Navigation pane, you should have buttons for Folder List, Shortcuts, etc. Select the Folder List button. Op...

Load the address from the lookup table to corresponding contact fi
Is it possible to create a custom mapping / loading between the contact and account entities in such a way that when selected the existing account value from the lookup table of account on the contact page, the existing address fields will be populated into corresponding contact fields? Hi Tom, Yes, it is possible with the help of little coding. Basically you need to add JScript code in onChange event of the Account lookup on Contact entity form. That code will be calling the CRM webservice and fetching the account's address fields. Following posts will explain you a little about ...

Hiding formuals in cells question

hide my name

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

Send to mail recipient feature not working correctly.
When a user right clicks a file and chooses send to mail recipient a new mail message window opens. He can type in the message and you can see the file attached, but when he hits the send button nothing happens. Any suggestions? Office 2003, Windows XP SP2 Cryptographic_ICE@yahoo.com <Cryptographic_ICE@yahoo.com> wrote: > When a user right clicks a file and chooses send to mail recipient a > new mail message window opens. He can type in the message and you can > see the file attached, but when he hits the send button nothing > happens. What do you mean by "nothing h...

OWA and second mail address
Exch 2003 cluster I have a domain with two mail address. The first one is example.com (pubblic address) and the second is test.com (only for internal mail). Example.com is the default address. Every users are configured only with example.com and are able to connect to OWA. Every users are configured with example.com and test.com and are able to connect to OWA. The others users that have only test.com but doesn't are able to connect to OWA. Do I have to configure the HTTP protocol or IIS or both? Thanks for your reply All users should be able to connect to OWA regardless of what thei...

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

REPOST: Contacts/Global Address List/Automated Dialling
We can currently initiate telephone calls from within our contacts folders, plus some public (contact) folders, by right-clicking and selecting Call Contact. This feature could use our mobile phones (via Bluetooth) but more usually it uses our BCM office phone system. This all works fine. However, under this system we are maintaining a lot of duplicate data: 1 x Active Directory, 1 x Exchange 5.5 directory, and several public contact folders. We are moving to Exchange 2003 soon which will mean that Exchange will directly tap into AD, rather than maintain it's own directory. We would als...

Hiding a worksheet #3

Hide images when Hiding Rows

how to hide an ActiveX control?

control box list
Hi I have a long list of hospitals, and would like to put a control in that will fill in as you type to search. I have tried list box, but can not see how to enter the list into the find data. thanks tim ...

Address book #18
I installed a new hdd making it the master and the old one the slave. All of my contact info is still on the old drive. I need to know the file name and location so that I can get my old contact info back. Thanks. Look here for all the information you need on backup and restoration of Outlook data: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:097a01c3973e$a20fd920$a001280a@phx.gbl, Danny wrote: > I i...

Change of Address
Hi folks, Where in Money 2004 Small Biz do I change my address and phone? Can not seem to find where that gets set. Thanks. -=Bob=- ...

Hiding plot Area

How do I get my XP Pro Outlook to auto fill email addresses?
My Microsoft XP Professional Outlook has stopped the auto fill function when emailing to parties that I've previously emailed to, so I have to retype the persons email address each time. Have reinstalled the program and run the detect & repair to no avail. Not sure where or what my problem is, but would appreciate any suggestions. Auto fill function works fine in Google, etc., but not in Outlook. Did the feature ever work? Assuming you still have the feature turned on, this usually means a corrupt profile. Create a new one with a different name. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] &q...

Click on list Item and open a Detail form
Hi Everebody, I need help withe the following: I have a form that has a listbox that gets its data through a query, the list box only show two colums: Company and ProcessDate, also the query retrieves more fields but I set the width of the columns to zero. I also have a command button "CmdViewDetail" that on_click should open a new form that will contain the rest of the information for the record I selected on the list box. How should I do this? I'm not very experienced with vba, could somebody help me? hi Sara, Sara wrote: > I also have a command button "CmdV...

Packslip ship to address
I would like to print the ship to address from the header table, on the packslip, and not the ship to address from the invoice lines, how can I do this in Dynamics GP 10? I have tried modifying the report with report writer but am struggling.... -- Doug ...

Hiding rows with VBA
Hi all, In my sheet called "insertsheet I have this VBA: (thanks to some users of Google groups) Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const nMAX As Long = 10 Dim nRows As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False With Me With .Range("B8") If Intersect(Target(1), .Cells) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub nRows = .Value End With .Range(.Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ .Columns.Count)).EntireColumn.Hidden = True .Range(Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ ...

Should Globally Needed Objects be Members in Main Frame, Application, or be Global?
I have been making objects needed by my entire application members either the Main Frame ( main window derived from CMDIFrameWnd ) or the Application (derived from CWinApp ). To get to these members I use either GetMainWnd() or AfxGetApp() to get pointers I can access them with. Now I wonder if there is any reason not to make these objects global so the use of GetMainWnd() or AfxGetApp() can be dispensed with. What are the the relative merits of putting objects needed globally for the duration of program execution in these three places? I typically create a singleton or static class...

hiding rows
I have data in cells A7:DK394 which all have 0 in them until totals are added in other worksheets which then pullthrough. At the end of the week I have to Hide all rows from A7 to A394 that still have 0 in them as no totals have been added in other sheets so the customer has not posted with us. is there any way excell can recognise the cells that have no data against them and hide them automatically by pressing a button. or if they all start off hidden unhide as data is entered. Hopefully this makes sense many thanks for any help with this as again its to save me lots of...