Cannot download attachments using OWA

Exchange Server 2003 w/SP1 on Windows Server 2003

I have one user who is cannot save or view attachments via OWA.  She
experiences this problem using her Windows XP SP2 laptop at work or at
home as well as on her machine at home.  The attachment works fine when
she opens the email via Outlook 2003.  The error she gets when she
tries to save the attachment is:

"Internet Explorer cannot download Dept Reports.doc?attach=1 from
mail.mydomain.com.

Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site.  The
requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found.  Please try
again later."

I have done numerous searches on Google and MSKB to no avail.  I used
the actual filename above to show that there are no special characters
that URLScan would block.  Can anyone help me out here?

Hi Rick I'm having exactly the same problem. Let me know if you get it solved.

"Rick Kasten" wrote:

> Exchange Server 2003 w/SP1 on Windows Server 2003
>
> I have one user who is cannot save or view attachments via OWA.  She
> experiences this problem using her Windows XP SP2 laptop at work or at
> home as well as on her machine at home.  The attachment works fine when
> she opens the email via Outlook 2003.  The error she gets when she
> tries to save the attachment is:
>
> "Internet Explorer cannot download Dept Reports.doc?attach=1 from
> mail.mydomain.com.
>
> Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site.  The
> requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found.  Please try
> again later."
>
> I have done numerous searches on Google and MSKB to no avail.  I used
> the actual filename above to show that there are no special characters
> that URLScan would block.  Can anyone help me out here?

WAMU Download Problems
This past week, everytime I download transactions from Washington Mutual to Money 2004, it says the file is corrupt. I have been on the phone with WAMU and MS, and both state to contact the other group. Any suggestions, outside of MS' recommendation of "reinstall the app"? Try the Super Salvage Utility. That will fix any corruption in your money file. If the problem is in the OFX file downloaded from your FI, then the FI should step up to the plate and address it. Tell the FI Microsoft supplies tools to test OFX Files, and you think they need to do that, refer them ...

Excel Charts with attached comments option
It would be good if you could add a comment to a cell and have an option when charting that cell to either show the comment or not. The comment should then be linked to that specific data point. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com...

Postal Bar Coding & Using Outlook Address Book in Publisher
I would like to add bar coding to my envelopes but can't seem to find any help in Publisher for this feature. I'd also like to find a way to use my Outlook Address book in Publisher - can anyone help me. Thanks After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Sharon Fermer <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I would like to add bar coding to my envelopes but can't seem to find > any help in Publisher for this feature. Read www.mvps.org/the_nerd/Publisher/FAQs.htm > I'd also like to find a way > to use my Outlook Address bo...

#VALUE! when using defined name
HELP!!! Problem: receive #VALUE! Using a defined NAME range In workbook MonthlyBudget09Mstr.xlsx are sheets 1209Sch and 1209 1209Sch contains all monthly entries, 1209 is the summary sheet. Defined name: HousingItems, ='1209Sch'!$L$83:$L$88, Values: {"1";"2";"3";"4";"5";"15"} Workbook <<from Name Manager L88 is a SUM function but I have remove L88 from range and still have problem Placing =HousingItems in cell B4 of sheet 1209 results in #VALUE! Error B4:B9 are empty Can copy and then paste 1209Sch L8...

Unable to forward attachments
I'm having problems sending (forward) an attachment with Outlook. I can send an attachment if I send a fresh email but when I forward an email that contains an attachment the recipient doesn't get the attachment. My sent items folder shows the attachment was sent. I'm using WinXP and Office XP. I've tried disabling Norton anti virus but that didn't help. I've searched Google and the Outlook newsgroup and found a lot of people with the same or similar problems but so far I've been unable to find any type of fix. Does anybody have any ideas were to look for more inf...

block owa on Back-end server?
Hi, I have setup a Front-End server with Exchange server 2003 and OWA works fun. Now i want to block OWA on the Back-End server (Exchange 2003). That means I just want our users log onto OWA with Front-End server IP address ( Http://front-end ip/exchange)and do not want users log onto the OWA with the Back-End server IP address (Http://Back-end ip/exchange). Could you tell me how to do it? Any idea or info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. Mike You could do this by limiting what identities the Default Web Site(or whatever web site OWA is under), on the back-end server, will answer for....

Using Powerpoint 2007
PPS files on webpage open as PPT using PowerPoint 2007. Don't have this same issue when opening the same link from an Office 2003 computer, they run the show only. -- Miroshak ...

restricting distribution of attachments
In Outlook 2002 (XP), is it possible to send an email message to several people but only send attached files (e.g. .xls) to a selected few? No - send separate messages. K. Georgiadis wrote: > In Outlook 2002 (XP), is it possible to send an email > message to several people but only send attached files > (e.g. .xls) to a selected few? ...

Use of Option Buttons
I have a main form where I display a record and associated fields. One of the fields is called 'source'. Currently, the source is linked to a one-to-one source table. No problem with this setup. However, I want to be able to assign and display multiple 'sources' for each main record. This ends up being a many-to-many relationship and, therefore, I have created the following tables (not all fields are listed). Program Table Prog_ID Program_Name Link Table Prog_ID Source_ID Source Table Source_ID Source_Name I want to display on the main form 'buttons' indicating ...

OWA domain login
I have IIS configured under the Exchange folder to login to our default domain. That allows OWA clients to login without putting the domain\username. Now the problem that I am having is that if there is a link in an email it prompts them to login again and then they have to login by domain\username, and the spell check doesn't work. If I go back into IIS and under the Exchange folder I take off the default domain everything works, except that the users now have to login with domain\username. I would like the OWA user not to have to login with domain\username and at the same time get sp...

How to use OpenArgs
Hi all, a pop-up form is opened from a subform with this code: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) Dim strCustomerName As String Dim strBuildingNo As Long If IsNull(OpenArgs) = False Then Dim arrArgs() As String arrArgs = Split(Me.OpenArgs, "~") strCustomerName = arrArgs(0) strBuildingNo = arrArgs(1) End If End Sub It is working good and my array, arrArgs, is populating strCustomerName and strBuildingNo perfectly. If a new record is needed I use the following: Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) '...

Using (1), (2), (3), etc. in Risks and Issues Category values?
Do most of you use numbers, like (1), (2), (3), to define Category values for Risks and Issues to keep it "the same" as the out-of-the- box values for Status? Just curious. Thanks Andy Novak UNT Andy, I have used both with numbers and without for projects, based on the clients maturity. I would suggest if you want to make it as easy as possible to differentiate between the different risk and issues categories, put the number in, it makes it much easier to see. Alex. On Feb 20, 8:48=A0am, "ano...@unt.edu" <ano...@unt.edu> wrote: > Do most of y...

Using eseutil.exe
What is the best way to determine, if my store need to be defragged with eseutil. We have been running W2K3 Exch for about 7 months, we have removed a lot of information from the store (by forcing users to clean up their sent items and deleted items folders) yet the store remains so large the backup will not fit on 1 40GB tape. Is this an indication that I should use the utility? If the online defragmentation runs as part of the online maintenance that should run every evening then you may be able to tell from this, have a look at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;...

CFormView with CDialog attachment example?
Hello, I'm really new to MFC. I'm trying to create a multi-form ActiveX control using a single CFormView as the base along with a few CDialogs to display the multiple screens/views (this is an SDI app). I've seen several posts on this topic, but they usually don't display all of the required code and I don't have enough background in MFC to implement what they describe. The posts usually just say to use the following method: 1) Create a CFormView-based class. 2) Create a CDialog and attach it to the CFormView-based class. 3) Use MoveWindow() to position the dialog on the...

Money internal error when I download from bank
Help! was using M04, recently upgraded to M05. After new install was prompted to use MSN passport- realised afterwards I didnt want to. After reinstall and restore from backup, I am now finding that when I download from Royal Bank (Canada) there is an "internal error" and money restarts. It often does this 2 or 3 times on restart, and Ive lost the downlaod data from the bank- Im fed up with having to restart and type entries by hand. Have I a setting wrong somewhere? ...

invalid use of property message
I am trying to cre4ate a macro that checks the value of a number of sheets to determine if they are already visible and if so it will not close them - With Sheets("Pay Inflation - Biometrics") Sheets ("Statistics") Sheets ("Direct Cost Savings Breakdown") Sheets ("OT Reduction") Sheets ("Nurse OT Reduction") Sheets ("Premium Labor Utilization") Sheets ("Pay inflation - Timestamp") Sheets ("Calculation Error") Sheets ("Le...

How to read B-LOB data from Oracel DB using Pro*c
Hello, I'm trying to read B-LOB data in Oracle Database using Pro*c. I know how to read it with char mode. What I want to know is read it with binary mode. Are there any good person help me? Let me know if you have a good sample source. Thanks and have a nice day. ...

CHM Help using MFC and VC6
I'm not certain I'm in the right place, so please direct me if there is another forum where this question would be more appropriate. Two questions: 1) Migrating an existing application from using WinHelp to using HTML Help. 2) Building a new application to use HTML Help, using VS6 and MFC. Everything I've found in the MSDN so far is suggesting that building an application in VS6 to use HTML Help is a brutal and bloody process. The preferred approach seems to be use VS.Net. This doesn't make sense, since HTML Help existed long before VS.Net. I can't imagine ...

Supported File Attachment for Faxes
What are the supported file attachment types for fax activities? So far I've gotten simple text files and Bitmaps to attach properly, but Word documents do not work. Anyone know? Is this completed undocumented or what? Try this! If you are attaching a file under the Notes tab, you need to save your fax activity first then you can attach the file. Hope this help, DK "iparadox" wrote: > Is this completed undocumented or what? > > It does'nt work with Word attachments, it only works with .txt files. But it can't be this is what MS wanted. Can anyone p...

how to use Field codes in Excel
Hi, I am facing a problem in using custom property values in excel worksheet. Here is my requirement. I want to display the Version No in the footer. how to do the same using custom properties. I have used field codes in Word but could not find the same in excel. Can you pls help ASAP "Radhika" wrote... >I am facing a problem in using custom property values in >excel worksheet. Here is my requirement. I want to >display the Version No in the footer. how to do the same >using custom properties. I have used field codes in Word >but could not find the s...

Send Fax with .doc and/or .pdf and .xls attachments from CRM SBS
When working with FAX the most common documents to be send are doc,pdf or xls. All these are in CRM not supported and are not working reliable although CRM is propagated as the perfect application to interact with MS-Office applications. In my opinion they should become supported and tested as soon as possible. Here are our test results regarding send FAX with doc files attachments ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Simple Word file with just 1 line of text, and a short English filename [25 KB]. Successfully sent. Word file with a table tha...

How to install software on a terminal server/use microsoft office through RDP
My boss is asking me to figure this out, so I do not know all the configurations he is using. I can tell you its Windows server 2k3. He wants to be able to RDP to server, and work physically on the server. He also needs to have office 2003 license installed. So the greater question is "how to use ms office 2k3 through RDP on microsoft 2003 server?" -- jgosney ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jgosney's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/159717.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-server-help/1277...

Viewing attachments
Is there any way of configuring CRM so that the user can click on an attachment to open it, so that they do not have to right click & download the attachment, then find it & open it? Thanks Chris No they need to download it to their local hard disk. "Chris Galley" <chris.remove.galley@cedalion.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23PNMcWsLEHA.2100@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there any way of configuring CRM so that the user can click on an > attachment to open it, so that they do not have to right click & download > the attachment, then find it & open...

Dates and balances don't change after downloads
I am using Money 2005 and I have five accounts (three bank accounts and two credit card accounts) from which I download financial data. Downloading financial data gives me no problem but the balance and dates of four of the five accounts don't change: they all sit on the same date with the time as midnight and the balance as it was in October or November. How do I fix this? Salvage tells me the files are fine and I'm at a loss. Steven ...

Sys table Query to Obtain List of Queries used in Reports
Is it possible to query the Access 2007 Sys tables to obtain a list of which queries are used in which reports? Thanks, Brad If you've named your queries according to their functionality it is easy. To get a list of queries from the system table use: SELECT Name, DateCreate, DateUpdate FROM MSysObjects WHERE (((MSysObjects.Name) Not Like "MSys*") AND ((MSysObjects.Type)=5)); The quewry has no idea where it will be used so there isn't any way for it to give you that information. The recordsource is in code or it's name is stored with the form or repo...