Cannot add groups to Mailbox Rights.

Environment:  Exchange 2003 running on Windows 2003.  Forest and
Domain are at Windows 2003 level.

We have many group mailboxes that have a security group with Full
Mailbox access granted to it.  Yesterday when I went to Exchange
Advanced >>> Mailbox Rights >>> Add I was able to add groups (or any
security principal).  Today the only object types I am able to add are
"Users and Other objects".  Evidently this does not include Groups, as
they do not resolve.

I am not aware of any changes that have been made to my account.  I
have checked with one other domain administrator, and his ability to
add groups to Mailbox Rights has also disappeared since yesterday.

Can anyone tell me how this behaviour occurs?

0
inscope (2)

What happens if you just enumerate all objects, mailbox rights, add,
advanced, find now? Are your groups enumerated, if so can you add?

James Chong (MVP)
MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+
msexchangetips.blogspot.com

On Apr 18, 8:21 pm, Mr Paul <insc...@iinet.net.au> wrote:
> Environment:  Exchange 2003 running on Windows 2003.  Forest and
> Domain are at Windows 2003 level.
>
> We have many group mailboxes that have a security group with Full
> Mailbox access granted to it.  Yesterday when I went to Exchange
> Advanced >>> Mailbox Rights >>> Add I was able to add groups (or any
> security principal).  Today the only object types I am able to add are
> "Users and Other objects".  Evidently this does not include Groups, as
> they do not resolve.
>
> I am not aware of any changes that have been made to my account.  I
> have checked with one other domain administrator, and his ability to
> add groups to Mailbox Rights has also disappeared since yesterday.
>
> Can anyone tell me how this behaviour occurs?

0
jamestechman (1266)

1 Mailbox
Here is the situation: Main Office in Country A (Exchange 2003) Remote Office in Country B (Exchange 2003) I have several users that travel between country A and country B. We have an exchange server in both offices. The complaint is that when the users get to Remote Office in Country B because their profile points to Main Office in Country A, their outlook session runs slowly. We have temporarily put in a measure that when they travel from Country A to Country B that they are instructed to log into a seperate profile that points them to the exchange local to where they are. When travel a...

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

How do I move an Exchange mailbox from one user to another?
I'm new to Exchange and my first task proved to be a bit more than I could chew: One of my users, lets call her Annie, has two NT accounts in my domain: AnnieA and AnnieB. AnnieA has email address AnnieA@MyDomain.com and AnnieB doesn't have email. Now I want to remove account AnnieA and let AnnieB inherit AnnieA's email address and mail box. How do I do this? Thanks! /Carl What version of Exchange? In 5.5 you can just go to the mailbox properties and change the user account associated with the mailbox. In 2000 you use ADU&C to right click >exchange tasks >remove mai...

Excel Add Ins

Add on

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

THANKS A LOT FOR THIS GROUP
I am just making the final touches in my POS before I go live next Monday. I just want to say THANKS A LOT to all of you for taking the time to answer the questions posted because I do not know what I could have done without this group. I have to say it out loud Microsoft Dynamics User's Guide is not very good at giving details and after expending $20K, I do not think that I should pay $500/3hr to get a basic question answered. Thanks a lot Gina Gina, I agree - without this group and the kind assistance from the many that frequent it - we all would have given up a long time ago. ...

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Format text to add character

Add File menu to custom toolbar

how to find mailbox mode for unicode issue
I am receiving some crazy characters in return emails. Is it unicode issue? If so, how to resolve? I followed Microsoft online help for Determine Exchange mailbox mode, and cannot see Mailbox Mode under Advanced tab. What version of Exchange and Outlook? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & E...

add a DC in a LegSite

excel add-ons

Map Add-On?

Mail not visible in shared mailbox
Outlook 2k3 sp2 talking to exchange 2k3 sp2. We have a shared mailbox. If I go to a users desk, create a profile to that shared mailbox, and open it, I see all mail properly. That is, the message count in the inbox says 19, 2 unread, I see 19 and the 2 unread. If I create a new profile, and point it to the users own mailbox, open it, add in the shared mailbox, the shared mailbox will show a message count of say, 19, but only 12 emails will be visible. Also, the unread mail count shows, but the unread mail does not. So far, I have tried the /cleanviews switch on the shared mailbox, a...

Emailing a large contact group
I am sending out an email to around 1500 emails for a PTO notification. I have these 150 emails in a contact group. I type my email and hit send. During the sending it shows an error that one of the emails is not valid. My question is how can I remove that email from that email and get it going again? I don't want to have to delete that email and take out the invalid address in the contact group each time then retype the email and try to send again. Does that make since? I assume I can send that many addresses in one email. What I am sending is a long letter and I am t...

Mailbox Manager #12
I saw an article once that told how to set Mailbox Manager in Exchange 2000/2003 to calculate retention times the same as Mailbox Manager in 5.5. I cannot find that article now. Can someone point me to it? Thank you. Ed Here's the 5.5 article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289122/en-us I believe this is the article you are looking for: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302804/ "Ed" <ed.jackson@americantower.com> wrote in message news:OD864rfHGHA.1728@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I saw an article once that told how to set Mailbox Manager in Exchange >2000/2003...

Add ContractLine Entity in Menu
Hi, Is it possible to add a shortcut in the Service Menu to the ContractLine Entity? I really appreciate if someone could help. Regards, Alcides ...

Problem- add-in Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection & Publis
I have a problem with Outlook 2007 and the add-in Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection and Publishing. This add-in worked when I first installed Outlook 2007 when installing Office 2007 Enterprise. The add-in created a sub-folder in my Inbox named Data Collection Replies and worked well until about 6 weeks ago. Now I can’t get the add-in to work at all even though it appears in the list of COM.adds in Outlook 2007. More perplexing is the error message I now receive EVERY time I click on any email message to read it. The message is titled ‘Custom UI Runtime Error in...

Group Footer
This is probably really easy but I'm having brain freeze. I have the following information: Title, 4", 8", Class STD1 1 1 STD STD2 2 2 STD JWW1 3 3 JWW JWW2 2 2 JWW I need a report that shows Title 4" 8" STD1 1 1 STD2 2 2 STD Total 3 3 JWW1 3 3 JWW2 2 2 JWW Total 5 5 Total 8 8 I can't for the life of me figure out how to print STD Total or JWW Total. I've set up a group footer on class but it prints between each class. ...