Cannot access mailboxes with OWA

I installed Outlook web access on a windows 2000 member server, Exchange 5.5
resides in a NT 4 member server box.
This is a NT 4 Domain no active directory.  When I try to log in it pops the
user name and password right back. I look at the event log on the OWA server
and it tells me that it is the wrong user name and password which is not
true. I have adjusted the local policy for users to log on locally but that
has not worked. Any ideas or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

which goes into detail you might have overlooked
something Hope this helps you
http://www.cgnet.com/Exchange/OWA_inst.htm

0
anonymous (74722)
11/18/2003 7:05:59 AM
Have you tried specifying the domain in the logon ie
domain\username ??

All your answers where very helpful and thanks.  I did specifiy the user
name. After 4 hours with Microsoft PSS
We discovered that by just typing the IP address instead of the computer
name it worked.
The Microsoft rep said that he had seen issues with a computer name like
this computer_nt with an underscore sign
and that explorer 5 and 6 had problems with that.  So for now I can access
OWA by just typing the IP address instead
of the name.

Again thanks for all your help and if you have any comments on this please
do.

Thanks

"Andy Robinson" <andy.robinson@invensys.com> wrote in message
> Have you tried specifying the domain in the logon ie
> domain\username ??

0
GunnerSix (5)

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Restricting access to note attachments

Public Folders - Using as a mailbox
Hi I have set up a public folder and have set it up so the people can read and reply to the emails, and tell when others have read them. What is the best way to track the replies? CC them to the public folder? Any other ideas? Many thanks in advance William ...

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

OWA and changing passwords
I have a problem. I upgraded our server from Windows 2000 to Windows Server 2003 that had Exchange 2003 installed. We had in initial issue with people not able to change their passwords in OWA. I had to register a dll and was able to do so but after I change my password I get the following message: Internet Service Manager for Internet Information Server 6.0 Password successfully changed. " Back to "https://mailserver.abc.com/exchange/userid/?Cmd=close When I click to go back to https:..... I get an error page and don't go back to you session. Also when I try to logo...

Excel Row to Access Columns

Access

access mail on WEB

access or mount mirrored hard disks

Access Database In Great Plains

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Attach POP3 Mailboxes to an Exchange mailbox
Hi All, Is there a way where I can attach several pop3 email accounts to a users exchange mailbox? Thanks, Tarran Not without 3rd party products. Tarran wrote: > Hi All, > > Is there a way where I can attach several pop3 email accounts to a users > exchange mailbox? > > Thanks, > Tarran ...

Public Folders on 2nd server through OWA #2
HI I'm reposting it with new information. A client is running two exchange 2000 SP3 servers. One for mailboxes/outlook web access and 2nd sever dedicated for public folders. None of the servers is designated as front end server. Users can access mail through OWA using http://exchange.domain.com fine but when they tries to access public folders on the second server the browser points to http://server2.domain.com/public/foldername which is not accessible from outside. 2nd exchange server hosting pubic folders does have IIS installed and within LAN i can acess public folders on second se...

Outlook Web Access #19

Cliente premium OWA 2003 Publicado, queda "Cargando..."
Tengo un Exchange 2003 con SP2 sobre un Windos 2003 Con SP1 fixeado hasta el ultimo level, El owa internamente en la lan funciona perfectamente con los dos clientes, el Basico y el Premium, pero cuando lo publico hacia internet el basico anda bien, pero el premium queda en todas las carpetas "Cargando...", lo publico a travez de un Symantec 5429 con los puertos 80 y 443 con un vinculo de 512 k, agradezco cualquier ayuda Vea si esto ayuda. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=280823 Nue <wcasari@fiatauto.com.ar> wrote in message news:1149876952.048096.25700@h76g2000cwa.googleg...

OWA Light
Hello folk, I have the next issue. I have configured a mail account on exchange and I have tried to enter throught OWA. The firs time, I think to checked the "owa light access" and since then I enter to "owa light access" regardless of whether I check this checkbox or not. However, other companion enter to "Outlook Web Access" Premium with the same mailbox's settings. What Could be happen? Greetings!! P.D.: Sorry by my english!!. In OWA go to Options | Accessibility and uncheck "Use the blind and low vision experience" -- Martina "El�...

Accounting with Ms Access

BP3 Site Settings access

Excel to Access
Hi group, quick question. If I have a macro to upload some Excel data into Access, can this macro be used by a user without Access installed on its PC???? The Access database is located in a shared drive, the Excel is stored in the user's PC. ....And same thing in the other way, can a user without Access import from Excel some Access info?? Versions are Excel 2003 and Access 2002. Thanks in advance, Cecilia Can you buy Excel without buying the entire Microsoft Office Suite? I'm not sure if there are variations in the way microsoft sells products in different countries s...

Access Levels
Hi I am having real difficulty in getting the access levels to work as I want them. Basically I want to control access at the Business Unit level. However, how do I know which business unit a specific account record belongs to? As far as I can see it is determined by the owner of the record and their corresponding Business Unit. Is this correct? Thanks You are correct. The record is only tied to the BU through the owner. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 26 May 2004 06:51:29 -0700, l.hargrave@btinternet.com (Lee) wrote: Hi I ...