Can't setup multiple smart hosts

Trying to setup all my servers to forward their externally bound
internet mail to 2 servers so we can better control the mail flow
outbound.

On the SMTP virtual server, if we enter in the smart hosts names or IPs
as follows we get an error saying "The Domain Name Is Not Valid":

FQDN1;FQDN2  or [1.2.3.4];[1.2.3.5]

If we put just 1 of the FQDN or the IP it will accept that, but not
multiples of either.  Any ideas why?

Thanks

0
dave313 (9)

Don't configure Smarthosts on the SMTP Virtual Server, for starters.

Create an SMTP Connector to do this.  Assugn the connector the address space
of "*".

Where exactly do you get the error?  If you use [1.2.3.4];[1.2.3.4] it
should allow that just fine.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

<dave313@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Trying to setup all my servers to forward their externally bound
> internet mail to 2 servers so we can better control the mail flow
> outbound.
>
> On the SMTP virtual server, if we enter in the smart hosts names or IPs
> as follows we get an error saying "The Domain Name Is Not Valid":
>
> FQDN1;FQDN2  or [1.2.3.4];[1.2.3.5]
>
> If we put just 1 of the FQDN or the IP it will accept that, but not
> multiples of either.  Any ideas why?
>
> Thanks

0
Ben
12/27/2005 3:51:01 PM
Ben,

Just tried this - SMTP VS does not accept the [x.x.x.x];[y.y.y.y] notation
for mutliple IP addresses described in KBA 821911. Tried on a Connector - it
accepted. Tried again on SMTP VS - it didn't. Error: This domain name is not
valid.

Same thing for multiple smarthosts on SMTP VS by fqdn - it won't accept with
a semicolon. The Connector does.

Exchange Server 2003 SP2.

The KBA says "Note The smart host setting for SMTP virtual servers is
similar to the smart host setting on SMTP connectors. You can configure
multiple smart hosts on the connector, because connectors can handle message
delivery on a per-domain basis."

.... which probably means SMTP Virtual Servers do not accept multiple
smarthosts, Connectors do.
Never noticed this difference in behavior of SMTP VS and Connectors
before...
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@nospamdotmessageonedotcom> wrote
in message news:OieUX1vCGHA.740@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Don't configure Smarthosts on the SMTP Virtual Server, for starters.
>
> Create an SMTP Connector to do this.  Assugn the connector the address
> space of "*".
>
> Where exactly do you get the error?  If you use [1.2.3.4];[1.2.3.4] it
> should allow that just fine.
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
> Read my blog!
> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>

> <dave313@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Trying to setup all my servers to forward their externally bound
>> internet mail to 2 servers so we can better control the mail flow
>> outbound.
>>
>> On the SMTP virtual server, if we enter in the smart hosts names or IPs
>> as follows we get an error saying "The Domain Name Is Not Valid":
>>
>> FQDN1;FQDN2  or [1.2.3.4];[1.2.3.5]
>>
>> If we put just 1 of the FQDN or the IP it will accept that, but not
>> multiples of either.  Any ideas why?
>>
>> Thanks

0
bharatsuneja1 (3145)
12/27/2005 4:11:01 PM
What we have is the following:

16 Exchange sites each with their own server.  Each server current sends any
external mail directly to the internet.  This is NOT what we want.  We want
all external destination mail to come to a central point for control and go
out 1 of 2 servers (these servers have the reverse DNS on the internet for
proper SPAM checking).

We thought using the smart host to forward external to these 2 servers woudl
be the best and preferred way to accomplish this?

But as mentioned in another message in here and mine, you can't specify more
than 1 smart host on a VS.

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:

> Don't configure Smarthosts on the SMTP Virtual Server, for starters.
>
> Create an SMTP Connector to do this.  Assugn the connector the address space
> of "*".
>
> Where exactly do you get the error?  If you use [1.2.3.4];[1.2.3.4] it
> should allow that just fine.
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
> Read my blog!
> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>

> <dave313@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Trying to setup all my servers to forward their externally bound
> > internet mail to 2 servers so we can better control the mail flow
> > outbound.
> >
> > On the SMTP virtual server, if we enter in the smart hosts names or IPs
> > as follows we get an error saying "The Domain Name Is Not Valid":
> >
> > FQDN1;FQDN2  or [1.2.3.4];[1.2.3.5]
> >
> > If we put just 1 of the FQDN or the IP it will accept that, but not
> > multiples of either.  Any ideas why?
> >
> > Thanks

0
dave3131 (11)
12/27/2005 5:15:52 PM
Better accomplished by setting up an SMTP Connector, and you don't even have
to use a SmartHost.

Under the Routing Group, Connectors, create a new SMTP Connector.  Specify
the 2 central servers (assuming they are Exchange servers) as Bridgehead
servers.  Specify the Address Space as *.  Let it use DNS to route mail (it
will work fine).  Specify that the scope be Organization.

Once you do this, ALL external mail should route to one of the Bridgehead
servers, which will then use normal methods (DNS) to lookup the remote
destination and send the mail.  This is what you are desiring, correct?

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"dave313" <dave313@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What we have is the following:
>
> 16 Exchange sites each with their own server.  Each server current sends
> any
> external mail directly to the internet.  This is NOT what we want.  We
> want
> all external destination mail to come to a central point for control and
> go
> out 1 of 2 servers (these servers have the reverse DNS on the internet for
> proper SPAM checking).
>
> We thought using the smart host to forward external to these 2 servers
> woudl
> be the best and preferred way to accomplish this?
>
> But as mentioned in another message in here and mine, you can't specify
> more
> than 1 smart host on a VS.
>
> "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Don't configure Smarthosts on the SMTP Virtual Server, for starters.
>>
>> Create an SMTP Connector to do this.  Assugn the connector the address
>> space
>> of "*".
>>
>> Where exactly do you get the error?  If you use [1.2.3.4];[1.2.3.4] it
>> should allow that just fine.
>>
>> --
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange MVP
>> MessageOne
>> Read my blog!
>> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
>> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>>

>> <dave313@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Trying to setup all my servers to forward their externally bound
>> > internet mail to 2 servers so we can better control the mail flow
>> > outbound.
>> >
>> > On the SMTP virtual server, if we enter in the smart hosts names or IPs
>> > as follows we get an error saying "The Domain Name Is Not Valid":
>> >
>> > FQDN1;FQDN2  or [1.2.3.4];[1.2.3.5]
>> >
>> > If we put just 1 of the FQDN or the IP it will accept that, but not
>> > multiples of either.  Any ideas why?
>> >
>> > Thanks

0
Ben
12/27/2005 5:41:06 PM
Using smarthosts on SMTP virtual servers isn't recommended.

Use Connectors instead - a SMTP Connector with address space * can route
outbound internet mail for entire Org. If outbound mail servers are Exchange
servers, specify them as bridgeheads and use DNS to deliver outbound, else
specify (if using non-Exchange smtp servers) smarthosts on the Connector.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"dave313" <dave313@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What we have is the following:
>
> 16 Exchange sites each with their own server.  Each server current sends
> any
> external mail directly to the internet.  This is NOT what we want.  We
> want
> all external destination mail to come to a central point for control and
> go
> out 1 of 2 servers (these servers have the reverse DNS on the internet for
> proper SPAM checking).
>
> We thought using the smart host to forward external to these 2 servers
> woudl
> be the best and preferred way to accomplish this?
>
> But as mentioned in another message in here and mine, you can't specify
> more
> than 1 smart host on a VS.
>
> "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Don't configure Smarthosts on the SMTP Virtual Server, for starters.
>>
>> Create an SMTP Connector to do this.  Assugn the connector the address
>> space
>> of "*".
>>
>> Where exactly do you get the error?  If you use [1.2.3.4];[1.2.3.4] it
>> should allow that just fine.
>>
>> --
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange MVP
>> MessageOne
>> Read my blog!
>> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
>> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>>

>> <dave313@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Trying to setup all my servers to forward their externally bound
>> > internet mail to 2 servers so we can better control the mail flow
>> > outbound.
>> >
>> > On the SMTP virtual server, if we enter in the smart hosts names or IPs
>> > as follows we get an error saying "The Domain Name Is Not Valid":
>> >
>> > FQDN1;FQDN2  or [1.2.3.4];[1.2.3.5]
>> >
>> > If we put just 1 of the FQDN or the IP it will accept that, but not
>> > multiples of either.  Any ideas why?
>> >
>> > Thanks

0
bharatsuneja1 (3145)
12/27/2005 5:50:36 PM
From this it sounds like we'll be able to do multiples on the VS after we get
up to SP2.  Good info.

> Exchange Server 2003 SP2.
>
> The KBA says "Note The smart host setting for SMTP virtual servers is
> similar to the smart host setting on SMTP connectors. You can configure
> multiple smart hosts on the connector, because connectors can handle message
> delivery on a per-domain basis."
>
> .... which probably means SMTP Virtual Servers do not accept multiple
> smarthosts, Connectors do.
> Never noticed this difference in behavior of SMTP VS and Connectors
> before...
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> www.zenprise.com
> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>

> "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@nospamdotmessageonedotcom> wrote
> in message news:OieUX1vCGHA.740@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > Don't configure Smarthosts on the SMTP Virtual Server, for starters.
> >
> > Create an SMTP Connector to do this.  Assugn the connector the address
> > space of "*".
> >
> > Where exactly do you get the error?  If you use [1.2.3.4];[1.2.3.4] it
> > should allow that just fine.
> >
> > --
> > Ben Winzenz
> > Exchange MVP
> > MessageOne
> > Read my blog!
> > http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> > http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
> >

> > <dave313@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Trying to setup all my servers to forward their externally bound
> >> internet mail to 2 servers so we can better control the mail flow
> >> outbound.
> >>
> >> On the SMTP virtual server, if we enter in the smart hosts names or IPs
> >> as follows we get an error saying "The Domain Name Is Not Valid":
> >>
> >> FQDN1;FQDN2  or [1.2.3.4];[1.2.3.5]
> >>
> >> If we put just 1 of the FQDN or the IP it will accept that, but not
> >> multiples of either.  Any ideas why?
> >>
> >> Thanks

0
dave3131 (11)
12/27/2005 6:01:22 PM
Hmmm....that is much easier...duh.  Will give it a go.

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:

> Better accomplished by setting up an SMTP Connector, and you don't even have
> to use a SmartHost.
>
> Under the Routing Group, Connectors, create a new SMTP Connector.  Specify
> the 2 central servers (assuming they are Exchange servers) as Bridgehead
> servers.  Specify the Address Space as *.  Let it use DNS to route mail (it
> will work fine).  Specify that the scope be Organization.
>
> Once you do this, ALL external mail should route to one of the Bridgehead
> servers, which will then use normal methods (DNS) to lookup the remote
> destination and send the mail.  This is what you are desiring, correct?
>

> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
> Read my blog!
> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>

> "dave313" <dave313@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > What we have is the following:
> >
> > 16 Exchange sites each with their own server.  Each server current sends
> > any
> > external mail directly to the internet.  This is NOT what we want.  We
> > want
> > all external destination mail to come to a central point for control and
> > go
> > out 1 of 2 servers (these servers have the reverse DNS on the internet for
> > proper SPAM checking).
> >
> > We thought using the smart host to forward external to these 2 servers
> > woudl
> > be the best and preferred way to accomplish this?
> >
> > But as mentioned in another message in here and mine, you can't specify
> > more
> > than 1 smart host on a VS.
> >
> > "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Don't configure Smarthosts on the SMTP Virtual Server, for starters.
> >>
> >> Create an SMTP Connector to do this.  Assugn the connector the address
> >> space
> >> of "*".
> >>
> >> Where exactly do you get the error?  If you use [1.2.3.4];[1.2.3.4] it
> >> should allow that just fine.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ben Winzenz
> >> Exchange MVP
> >> MessageOne
> >> Read my blog!
> >> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> >> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
> >>

> >> <dave313@gmail.com> wrote in message

0
dave3131 (11)
12/27/2005 7:13:58 PM
One question on the Entire Organization setting...is that truely the entire
org or only that administration group?

Reason I ask is that we are 4 unique areas (admin groups), and really only
want it to affect my admin group (17 sites/RGs), not all 4 areas.

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:

> Better accomplished by setting up an SMTP Connector, and you don't even have
> to use a SmartHost.
>
> Under the Routing Group, Connectors, create a new SMTP Connector.  Specify
> the 2 central servers (assuming they are Exchange servers) as Bridgehead
> servers.  Specify the Address Space as *.  Let it use DNS to route mail (it
> will work fine).  Specify that the scope be Organization.
>
> Once you do this, ALL external mail should route to one of the Bridgehead
> servers, which will then use normal methods (DNS) to lookup the remote
> destination and send the mail.  This is what you are desiring, correct?
>

> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
> Read my blog!
> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>

> "dave313" <dave313@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > What we have is the following:
> >
> > 16 Exchange sites each with their own server.  Each server current sends
> > any
> > external mail directly to the internet.  This is NOT what we want.  We
> > want
> > all external destination mail to come to a central point for control and
> > go
> > out 1 of 2 servers (these servers have the reverse DNS on the internet for
> > proper SPAM checking).
> >
> > We thought using the smart host to forward external to these 2 servers
> > woudl
> > be the best and preferred way to accomplish this?
> >
> > But as mentioned in another message in here and mine, you can't specify
> > more
> > than 1 smart host on a VS.
> >
> > "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Don't configure Smarthosts on the SMTP Virtual Server, for starters.
> >>
> >> Create an SMTP Connector to do this.  Assugn the connector the address
> >> space
> >> of "*".
> >>
> >> Where exactly do you get the error?  If you use [1.2.3.4];[1.2.3.4] it
> >> should allow that just fine.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ben Winzenz
> >> Exchange MVP
> >> MessageOne
> >> Read my blog!
> >> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> >> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
> >>

> >> <dave313@gmail.com> wrote in message

0
dave3131 (11)
12/27/2005 7:43:18 PM
The Exchange Server version tested was mentioned by me, not part of KBA. And
it will not work on SP2 (either), as I posted earlier.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

> From this it sounds like we'll be able to do multiples on the VS after we
> get
> up to SP2.  Good info.
>

>> Exchange Server 2003 SP2.
>>
>> The KBA says "Note The smart host setting for SMTP virtual servers is
>> similar to the smart host setting on SMTP connectors. You can configure
>> multiple smart hosts on the connector, because connectors can handle
>> message
>> delivery on a per-domain basis."
>>
>> .... which probably means SMTP Virtual Servers do not accept multiple
>> smarthosts, Connectors do.
>> Never noticed this difference in behavior of SMTP VS and Connectors
>> before...
>> --
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MCSE, MCT
>> www.zenprise.com
>> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>>

>> "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@nospamdotmessageonedotcom>
>> wrote
>> in message news:OieUX1vCGHA.740@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> > Don't configure Smarthosts on the SMTP Virtual Server, for starters.
>> >
>> > Create an SMTP Connector to do this.  Assugn the connector the address
>> > space of "*".
>> >
>> > Where exactly do you get the error?  If you use [1.2.3.4];[1.2.3.4] it
>> > should allow that just fine.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Ben Winzenz
>> > Exchange MVP
>> > MessageOne
>> > Read my blog!
>> > http://winzenz.blogspot.com
>> > http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>> >

>> > <dave313@gmail.com> wrote in message

0
bharatsuneja1 (3145)
12/27/2005 7:55:04 PM
SMTP Connector settings do not apply to Administrative Groups.  Admin groups
are only a security/delegation boundary.  They are not a routing boundary.
When you go to the help on that topic, it shows that setting the scope
defines which servers the SMTP Connector will be available to.  However,
Cost needs to be taken into account as well.  Exchange servers always take
the lowest cost, so they would likely only use the SMTP connector if it was
a lower cost than their normal delivery method.

In your case, I believe that you'll have to create a separate SMTP Connector
for each Routing group, and you will have to use SmartHosts.  If this is
indeed the case, then setting the scope to Routing Group shouldn't have any
effect, though you might want to leave it to Organization so that it can be
used as a path if a less expensive path is not available...

Have you considered consolidating Routing Groups?  Are all the servers in
these different routing groups in different locations with slow connecttions
between them?

--

> One question on the Entire Organization setting...is that truely the
> entire
> org or only that administration group?
>
> Reason I ask is that we are 4 unique areas (admin groups), and really only
> want it to affect my admin group (17 sites/RGs), not all 4 areas.
>
> "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Better accomplished by setting up an SMTP Connector, and you don't even
>> have
>> to use a SmartHost.
>>
>> Under the Routing Group, Connectors, create a new SMTP Connector.
>> Specify
>> the 2 central servers (assuming they are Exchange servers) as Bridgehead
>> servers.  Specify the Address Space as *.  Let it use DNS to route mail
>> (it
>> will work fine).  Specify that the scope be Organization.
>>
>> Once you do this, ALL external mail should route to one of the Bridgehead
>> servers, which will then use normal methods (DNS) to lookup the remote
>> destination and send the mail.  This is what you are desiring, correct?
>>

>> --
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange MVP
>> MessageOne
>> Read my blog!
>> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
>> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>>

>> "dave313" <dave313@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > What we have is the following:
>> >
>> > 16 Exchange sites each with their own server.  Each server current
>> > sends
>> > any
>> > external mail directly to the internet.  This is NOT what we want.  We
>> > want
>> > all external destination mail to come to a central point for control
>> > and
>> > go
>> > out 1 of 2 servers (these servers have the reverse DNS on the internet
>> > for
>> > proper SPAM checking).
>> >
>> > We thought using the smart host to forward external to these 2 servers
>> > woudl
>> > be the best and preferred way to accomplish this?
>> >
>> > But as mentioned in another message in here and mine, you can't specify
>> > more
>> > than 1 smart host on a VS.

0
Ben
12/27/2005 10:10:54 PM
"Bharat Suneja" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote:

>Just tried this - SMTP VS does not accept the [x.x.x.x];[y.y.y.y] notation
>for mutliple IP addresses described in KBA 821911. Tried on a Connector - it
>accepted. Tried again on SMTP VS - it didn't. Error: This domain name is not
>valid.

This is a problem with the SMTP service, not Exchange. It fails the
same way if you try assigning multiple smarthost addresses to a SMTP
server in the IIS Admin UI, too.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:

> Have you considered consolidating Routing Groups?  Are all the servers in
> these different routing groups in different locations with slow connecttions
> between them?

Yep, different locations connect via WAN links thru VPN tunnels.
0
dave3131 (11)

Moving multiple profiles from outlook 2000 on win98 to outlook 2002 on XP pro machines
We are in the process of upgrading our computers from win98 with outlook 2000 to XP pro with outlook 2002. We are changing out all of the workstation hardware. I have all of the workstations set up with outlook 2000 with as many as 20 profiles, for different users, on each machine. All of the profiles are pop3 accounts, and the .pst files are located on a central file server (not on the workstations). Is there a way to export the user profiles and import them onto the new machines. When the original accounts were set up the users changed thier passwords, so I would have to hunt down and si...

The best Exchange setup in a small hosting setup
I need to set up at small hosting setup where the users can access their email through RPC-HTTPS and webmail. But what do I need? One ISA server? One front-end server? One back-end server? Some clustering or is it overkill? Best Regards Martin - You can do it with as little as a single Exchange server and a firewall. - In a single server environment, FE/BE topology doesn't really buy you much... - Clustering can be an overkill or not, depending on what your goals are. If high-availability is a valued goal, you could look at clustering (and the investments that go with a clustered ...

Page Setup
Hi, I have a problem with Excel XP in that when I preview a page which is in Landscape, it automatically displays as portrait. When I resize it, it goes back to landscape but then back to portarit again ! Any ideas ? Many thanks. Colin. If you change printer drivers, does it happen? If no, then I'd download a newer/fresh printer driver for that troublesome printer. Any chance you have some helpful macro jumping in to fix the page setup for you? If you open the workbook with macros disabled, does it still happen? Colin wrote: > > Hi, > > I have a problem with Excel X...

Adding multiple intances from several sheets?
I use a timesheet in my job & I want to total project times over the course of the year. There are 52 sheets, one for each work week, plus a totals sheet. I want excel to look in column c for of each sheet a given project number and add the time in column f. I can do it for one sheet but I get value! when I try to specify a range of sheets. The sheets are set up like this: Date Acronym Project No. Phase Description Hours 11-20-09 CHLFD 091102 V Plans 7.5 11-20-09 JDSF 091021 ...

Multiple id problem
Hello. I have an instance that I'd like some input-suggestions on if anyone would be so kind. We have a vendor table with each vendor ID being unique. One problem is, some vendor numbers have changed so there is a current # and an old #. Because of the multiple vendor #s the primary key is an auto #. The main dilemma I'm having with the design is that at least one vendor (maybe a few more but I'm not sure yet) has two old numbers and one new/current #. There are hundreds upon hundreds of vendors, and I'm wondering if a third vendor # field is the way to go. It see...

Multiple windows updating multiple rows simultaneously ?
I'm maintaining an application that currently allows entry of new records or updating exisiting records. What would be involved in modifiying the application to allow multiple windows to be open simultaneously. In other words, if the user is updating or creating a record in one window, he can leave that window and go update another record in another window or create a new record in another window, returning to the other windows afterwards. How complex would this be to handle? Thanks in advance for any help. Yes, I guess that's what it would amount to. "SteveM" wrote...

excel page setup
Hello, I have a spreadsheet and I am using cells a:k50, but when I go to see the end of my spreadsheet it tells me I have used cells a:ak 295. I have 35 sheets like this and is is making the file bigger than it has to be. I have tried deleting, clear, page preview setup but nothing seems to clear and make my page a1: k53. Any suggestions. Thank You Select the row following the end of your data. Ctrl+Shift+Down Arrow to select all rows beyond your data and Edit>Delete. Select the column following the end of your data. Ctrl+Shift+Right Arrow (US) to select all columns beyond your data...

[ANN] The Entourage Help Blog: "Updated Exchange setup script supports Entourage 2008"
I've posted version 2.0 of my EntourageExchangeSetup AppleScript on The Entourage Help Page that includes support for Microsoft Entourage 2008's Kerberos feature as well as some minor additions and bug fixes. This AppleScript is intended to be modified by an administrator to assist his Entourage users with the setups of their Exchange server accounts. It has been tested specifically with Entourage 2004 11.2.6, 11.3.3, 11.3.7 and Entourage 12.00, 12.0.1 and 12.1.0 but should work with any version of Entourage 2004 SP2 (11.2.0) and higher. Every company's network is different...

Multiple types of charts in one chart
Is it possible to do the following: Stacked bar chart for 3 data series. Regular bar chart for 1 data series. Line chart for 1 data series. I've used the custom "line-bar chart 2 axes" combination chart which nearly solves the issue, except that it won't allow me to split up the bar charts. Alternatively, I've also managed to get it "working" except that the bar charts block each other. Is there a way of shifting the bar charts so they do not overlap? I am using Office 2003. Thanks! Alan wrote: > Is it possible to do the following: > > Stacked...

Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
I just upgraded to money '05 because my bank no longer allows acess using money '02. I have been getting this message for TWO WEEKS now. I set up three accounts with no problem, then this message over and over every day. I have tried starting a new account and I still get the same message. Surely MS's server has not been down this whole time, so I guess the problem is on my end. Please Help! In microsoft.public.money, lostmymirth wrote: >I just upgraded to money '05 because my bank no longer allows acess using >money '02. I have been getting this message for T...

Deleting multiple rows through a formula
So does anyone know a formula that will allow me to delete multiple rows of re-occuring data in a spreadsheet. For example, I have a spreadsheet of 10,000 lines, with multiple mobile numbers on it. I need to only have one of each mobile number and delete the remaining rows where the mobile has been repeated? Mike you may be able to use the advance filter where can select unique records only. select data filter advanced filter select copy to another location then in list range box enter range to filter in the copy to box enter a free column select unique records only then ok then just ...

Access command to select from multiple reports
I have a command button on a form that I want to use to print one or two of four letters (reports) based on the criteria tied to the persons account. Right now my statement is this: Private Sub Print_Invitation_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Print_Invitation_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "Evaluator Invitation Letters" DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, , , stlLinkCriteria stDocName = "FA Pre-Festival Evaluator Invitation Letters" DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, , , stlLinkCriteria stDocName = "KT Evaluator Invita...

Error when sending messages : 550 not local host
I have outlook 2002 and keep getting returned mail with the above error even know the mail somtimes gets delivered what causes this is it the ISP? It is the ISP not allowing you to relay through their servers. Set your outgoing server to authenticate. Open the Account properties and on the server tab, check the option for the outgoing serverto authenticate. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding not answer: Brogers@autotote.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I ha...

SETUP
HOW DO I SET IT UP. Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "home" <phillipsjamest@att.net> wrote in message news:u1ikLZSALHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > HOW DO I SET IT UP. "home" <phillipsjamest@att.net> wrote in message news:u1ikLZSALHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > HOW DO I SET IT UP. Start here and look for mail settings. ht...

Multiple domains displayed from within outlook
Does anyone know if there is a way to display 2 different domains from within the same outlook mailbox? -KJK You can only have one Exchange account but you can certainly open multiple inboxes and Exchange certainly supports more than one mail domain. You'll need to clarify your question if you want more specifics. Nue "KJK" <KJK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1013E372-AF26-4880-9507-AC2436F3FB15@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if there is a way to display 2 different domains from > within > the same outlook mailbox? > > -KJK ...

Anonymous Access setup
I have a request to turn on anonymous access (MOSS 2007). We only have one Site collection and it’s an Intranet that uses Authentication Type; Windows and Integrated Windows Authentication. It seems straight forward first Enable IIS Anonymous Authentication, second Enable anonymous access for the Web Application needed, turn on anonymous access for list or site. Question: If I turn on anonymous access without enabling it on any sites or lists will my users notice anything different? I assume they will not notice anything. Next question; if I enable anonymous authentication on...

Profile Setup
When I enter the server name and mailbox name when setting up an Outlook 2003 profile, how does it lookup the name? It seems I can put any name in the server area as long as I have a valid mailbox name. I used a made up server name and it still resolved the mailbox. Thanks, Outlook 2003 uses the Global Catalog servers in an AD environment. (Exchange 200x refers Outlook 2000/2003 to the GCs.) Outside of that, I didn't think what you just did was possible since a new profile (o/s and outlook) shouldn't have a reference to a GC until checking in with Exchange. Guess Outlook ...

Payroll Posting Account Setup Window
We have customized the Payroll Posting Account Setup Window for a product of ours. We have received several complaints about the Payroll Posting account window changing the Account number if part of a record in the scrolling window has been modified. We turned off the customization so we were working with the core window and not the customized window and we were able to duplicate the error. The new account is being saved in the table, which is causing a tremendous problems. Here are the steps to recreate this issue. 1. modifiy any record -for instance the code field of any record an...

Process multiple Vouchers from One customer
Is there a recommended way to process multiple gift vouchers from one customer? Now we process one voucher and put trans. balance on account then process next gift voucher toward reaming trans. balance. Repeat this until balance is cleared. Any suggestions? Dave Dave - in SO manager go to database - tender types - select your gift voucher tender then click properties - check mark "allow multiple entries" so that more than one gift voucher tender can be accepted in the same transaction. I think this is what you're looking for, but if I misunderstood your question, plea...

Report setup 01-12-08
I have a db that the client wants me to prepare a report of transactions, from the transaction table, in the following format: (TT = transaction types) (Each lot may have none or many transactions of each type) TT1 TT2 TT3 TT4 lota 0 10 8 2 lotb 5 0 0 1 lotc 1 5 0 0 "" etc. I am able to create a report that has the lots listed sequentially, then the details of the lot transactions, but not in the above format. Any ideas? Damon Create a new report using the wizard. When it asks you for grouping options, se...

Multiple mfc activex controls in one dll
In VS6, there was a possibility to define up to 4 controls, when creating a new activex project. No such possibility in VS2005. Is there any way in 2005 to add an addtional one to an existing MFC ActiveX project? Any pointers will be appreciated! ...

Multiple signatures for multiple mail accounts
Hi all I posted the question below on the OE6 newsgroup but came to the conclusion that OE6 cant really handle this very well so I thought I would ask the question here I'm trying to setup different signatures for multiple different accounts. I've setup 10 accounts and 10 signature files However when I start a new message it puts in the signature from the default account. If I then straight away change the "From" account......The signature does NOT change ? Surely if you can set different signatures for different accounts on the signatures tab in the tools menu .........

Deleting 1 account when multiple at institution
This is related to Money 2005. (FWIW, I'm sorry I upgraded. Several years ago Money was a great product. Over the past couple of annual upgrades more things are broken than work correctly. I'm a MS advocate, but they should be ashamed of this product.) At any rate... In times past I had 3 accounts with Citibank. 1 of them was closed several years ago. On Citibank's web interface this old account still shows up. When I had Money 2005 connect to Citibank for online banking, it downloaded information on 3 accounts--1 of which no longer exists. I tried to delete this ac...

setup.exe /removeorg
Hi, I uninstalled exchange 2003 using the add/remove programs. Then a reboot and a few hours to replicate. Then ran setup.exe /removeorg. I noticed that there was still objects leftover from exchange 2003 in AD, such as: Exchange Groups,Exchange settings in sites and services, distribution groups and disabled users. What exactly does the removeorg remove other that exchange 2003 organization? How do I clean the rest of the mess up? thx jason Hi Jason, You may want to view the following KB: 830185 The REMOVEORG option in Exchange Server 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=830185 ...

Page Setup
Is it possible to have portrait and landscape pages within the same Visio file? Every time I change the layout for one page it changes them all. I am runing Visio 2000 under NT4. Thanks, Andy Yes. IIR UML diagrams don't like doing this but otherwise it's easy. When you insert a new page the Page Setup dialog will come up. Select the Page Size tab, custom size option button, then select page orientation. "Andy Saltiel" <Andy.Saltiel@atosorigin.com> wrote in message news:09b301c35ceb$7c95d510$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to have portrait and landscape...