Can't send attachments

I am on Exch 2000 SP3, using Outlook 2002 as a client

One of my (remote) users, connecting via our VPN and using a MAPI client,
can send emails with no problem, but when he sends one with an attachment
(of any kind), he gets the "Network Problems are preventing connection to
the Microsoft Exchange computer" error.

I see no loss of connection, and he does NOT have to log back on to the VPN
to receive emails, send new ones, etc.

Any ideas ?

0
jmweb (5)

I guess that there is not enough bandwidth on the link and connection
just times out when moving attachment. See if you can copy attachment
over the VPN.

Jim Matthews wrote:

> I am on Exch 2000 SP3, using Outlook 2002 as a client
>
> One of my (remote) users, connecting via our VPN and using a MAPI client,
> can send emails with no problem, but when he sends one with an attachment
> (of any kind), he gets the "Network Problems are preventing connection to
> the Microsoft Exchange computer" error.
>
> I see no loss of connection, and he does NOT have to log back on to the VPN
> to receive emails, send new ones, etc.
>
> Any ideas ?

0
kpalagin5422 (293)

No message in outbox

Sending a macro to another PC-how?

attachments removed?
How can I get access to an attachment deemed unsafe and removed when I know the attachment is safe and I need it! What version of Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, lm asked: | How can I get access to an attachment deemed unsafe and | removed when I know the attachment is safe and I need it! Outlook Express 6 >-----Original Message----- &...

Sending mail from remote location

e-mail attached files: asks for administrator approval? my lapto
In using e-mail with attachments: clicking on the attachment, asks for administrator approval????? my single laptop at home, no connection with anyone else???? -- retired jwb "jwb" <jwb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:843441C1-CC67-4F0C-90D3-6D8D1BA20347@microsoft.com... > In using e-mail with attachments: clicking on the attachment, asks for > administrator approval????? my single laptop at home, no connection with > anyone else???? Since you don't state the exact error message. I can only guess, but I guess this: http://www...

Send and Recieve Fix

.EMAIL ATTACHMENTS #2
I have received emails lately that have an attachment with the extension of .email. I can't get these attachments to open. When I double click, it appears to start to open, but really nothing happens. Any advice? Please respond to email address above. Thanks! The closest "legal" file extension would be .eml , which is the Outlook Express default file extension. Regardless of the file name, extension type, you should be very careful with any file attachments if they are unexpected from people you do not know. If the message is from someone you are expecting a file att...

Unable to send?

Sending messages in Outlook

No Permission to Send/Receive Email???

Send Do Not Send

Sending on behalf... Exchange 2003

What was Outlook sending?

Outlook Can't Send Messages

'SEND' just sends it to the OUTBOX

Rules Wizard and Send/Receive error
A couple of days ago, I received an alert from Norton Antivirus software that the file "belt.cab" was corrupted but could not be deleted. Fearing the worst, I manually deleted the file. Since then, Outlook appears to be completely disabled, with the symptoms being that several commands have disappeared from the Tools menu including Send/Receive (both), Rules Wizard, Out of Office Assistant. I can compose an email, but it will not send. I have checked my email accounts and all appears to be in order. Even after a complete reinstall, I cannot send/receive email. The on...

sending Access files
Is there a quick and easy way to send access files without Outlook blocking them. I exchange files with a limited selection of people so am happy that what I am sending and receiving is OK. I know that I can use WizZip but the knowledge database also suggests changing the .mdb extension. I don't know how to do this. Do I just right click over the file and choose open with Word? Or maybe there is a simpler way. Thanks When you send a file type that on Microsoft's potentially dangerous list, you get a message informing you that the recipient may not be able to access the file on...

Can't save attachments to server
One of my users has a new machine - windows xp pro sp2 and Outlook 2003 Two problems have started. 1. she cannot save email attachments directly to the server. She will get a message about access denied. She has to save them to the desktop first and then drag them to the server. The server is a Mac OS X server with windows clients. It is not a problem with the server because if I login to that server from another machine with her account there is no problem saving the attachments. 2. If she double clicks an attachment and word or excel is not already running it will not open the attachme...

notes / attachments not migrating when lead is converted
I am building out our processes right now. When I put notes/attachments on a lead and then convert it to an Opportunity / Account / Customer - it disappears... anyone know what could be causing this... I looked to see if there was some mapping info under the deployment manager but could not find anything... Thanks! Laurie Notes/Activities stay with the lead - they do not convert.... on your new account - click on the link to the lead and you will see the notes there... "Bahj" <lauriebaggio@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:24303686.0310301307.6c839c36@posting.google.com.....

Auto merging Excel attachments
Hi I'm not even sure this is entirely an Excel question but anyway...every day I get emailed an Excel attachment of new data that I'm then to add to a master worksheet of all the previous emailed data. Up until now I have been opening the attachment, copying the contents and pasting into the master worksheet. Is there any way I can auto extract the contents of the attachment and consolidate into one spreadsheet, so it becomes an automated update of the master spreadsheet? Kind of like parsing an email's text into a spreadsheet, but extracting the contents of the attachment, rat...

Trying to send emails from an external program
I am trying to send email from my accpac software and it makes me allow the email everytime. Is there a way I make my Outlook 2007 accept Accpac as a reliable source for sending emails?? tammy0005 wrote: > I am trying to send email from my accpac software and it makes me allow the > email everytime. Is there a way I make my Outlook 2007 accept Accpac as a > reliable source for sending emails?? MapiLab's security add-on (free) ...

Multiple Send to
Dear Experts, In any Document Library you have a Send To drop down option. This can only be configured once that is only one entry. I have to have 7 Custom Send To options. Does anyone know how to create more than 1 Sent To? Best Regards, -- Girish J Bhatia MOSS Certified, SharePoint Certified, MCSE2003, MCDBA, CCNA, CCNP, CCSA ...

Automatically sending with outlook 2002
I am running Outlook 2002. When I click send, to send an email, it goes into Outbox. I then need to click send/receive from Inbox. Is there anyway the email can just send automatically from the outbox to avoid having to click send in 2 steps? Thanks. Check Tools | Options | Mail Setup Is the option to send messages immediately selected? Also, check the Send/Receive Settings | Define Send/Receive Groups. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Ronk"...