Can't select storage group to create mailbox

Hi,

I have an problem where the Help Desk is starting to create mailboxes
in AD.  When they get to the screen to create the mailbox they can
select the server but no storage groups appear.  I'm pretty sure it is
some sort of permissions problem.  The Help Desk has the role of
Exchange View Only Admin.

If someone can let me know what I am doing wrong that would be great.

Thanks!

Scott

0
sabel

Good afternoon Scott,

First thing to check - do your helpdesk operators have exchange view only
role assigned to the administrative group?

Joe

"sabel@1800flowers.com" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an problem where the Help Desk is starting to create mailboxes
> in AD.  When they get to the screen to create the mailbox they can
> select the server but no storage groups appear.  I'm pretty sure it is
> some sort of permissions problem.  The Help Desk has the role of
> Exchange View Only Admin.
>
> If someone can let me know what I am doing wrong that would be great.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Scott

0
Joe (497)
3/15/2006 5:05:00 PM
They'll also need permissions on the storage group they will be adding
mailboxes to.

Nue
"Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Good afternoon Scott,
>
> First thing to check - do your helpdesk operators have exchange view only
> role assigned to the administrative group?
>
> Joe
>
> "sabel@1800flowers.com" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have an problem where the Help Desk is starting to create mailboxes
>> in AD.  When they get to the screen to create the mailbox they can
>> select the server but no storage groups appear.  I'm pretty sure it is
>> some sort of permissions problem.  The Help Desk has the role of
>> Exchange View Only Admin.
>>
>> If someone can let me know what I am doing wrong that would be great.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Scott

0
imaneophyte (3004)
3/15/2006 6:25:05 PM
If you've given them View Only Admin role in the administrative group, then
something nonstandard has happened because this should be enough.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

<sabel@1800flowers.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have an problem where the Help Desk is starting to create mailboxes
> in AD.  When they get to the screen to create the mailbox they can
> select the server but no storage groups appear.  I'm pretty sure it is
> some sort of permissions problem.  The Help Desk has the role of
> Exchange View Only Admin.
>
> If someone can let me know what I am doing wrong that would be great.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Scott

0
curspice6401 (3487)

Run report on multi selected records.

grouping a chart in Access
I have a query that is 31 rows. I created a report that is grouped by Farm Name and House. The data shows correctly on each page for each Farm and House, but when I add a chart it gives me the data on the first page, but then gives me 30 pages of blank charts, till the next group. What did I miss? I am using Access 2010 beta. I expect the issue is with the section of the report containing the chart or the Link Master/Child properties of the chart control. -- Duane Hookom MS Access MVP "dstraub" <dstraub@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Legal archiving for a group of users
I have a situation for legal reasons that i have to archive all communications for a group of users. I need to know how I can setup an Archive with either creating a seperate storage group for the users or installing some 3rd party solution. I've just never had a situation like this and need to know what my options are for doing such a task. Thanks in advance for anyone that might respond In article <00b801c3c006$571470c0$a301280a@phx.gbl>, "Linnie Gooch" <linniegooch@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have a situation for legal reasons that i have to > archive a...

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

Recovery Storage Group error when trying to add database
Running Exchange 2003, SP1, native mode on Windows 2003 I have created a recovery storage group, and when I right click on it to add the database to recover, I get the following error: The search filter cannot be recognized. Facility: Win32 ID no: 8007203e Exchange System Manager I have verified that AD has synced. Any ideas? Hi, The problem is that in the distinguished name of the database there is a single parenthesis without its match. Examples of this would include: cn=Mailbox Store 1 (SG1,cn=First Storage Group,.... cn=Mailbox Store 1 (SG2),cn=Second Storage Group (TestServer,cn...

Exmerge options with Recovery Storage Group
I recoverd mailboxes into a Recovery Storage Group. I want to exmerge into a pst rather then the users mailbox. when I run Exmerge from outside the recovery storage group on one of its mailboxes, I get an error in exmerge when getting a list of mailboxes from the recovery group and it says to look in the exmerge.log. that says "it cannot identify the user with the msExchmailboxGuid" and then gives the GUID number. Is this caused by the users mailbox being in the recovery group. Can the exmerge only work with the built in version and going to the users live mailbox? Thanks in advance...

orphaned mailbox's in Exchange 2003
For some reason I have about 9 mailbox's that have suddenly become orphaned because their user accounts have been deleted. I have used a utility in the past called killmail that allowed me to disconnect the mailbox's from the user accounts so that I could recreate an account and then reattach the new account to the old mailbox thus allowing the user to keep the mailbox with it's contents. Can anyone tell me how I can get the killmail utility so that I can do this? The same functionality of killmail was built into Exchange 2000 SP2 and beyond. Its called remove Exchange a...

Help with grouping columns
Maybe I'm overlooking the obvious...but I'm having a hard time groupin columns. Here's the goal: Columns A - L are the 12 months... Jan-Dec. I want to group 3 columns (3 months) at a time. So I'd have 4 colum groups side by side. I select the entire first 3 columns...data...group/outline...an group...creates the group fine. I then select the next 3 columns (next 3 months)...to be in their ow group. When I try to group them...it just ads them to the firs group...making one large group. The first 3 columns are not selected when I do this. I've also tried playing with the s...

Can't Create New Message Outlook 2000
I have a Windows 98 computer running Office 2000 Small Business Edition. Yesterday, mysteriously, it began misbehaving. When clicking on "New" to create a new mail message, you get an hour glass and then a "not responding." When clicking on other shortcuts other weird things happen, i.e. when you click on Tasks it goes to Notes, when you click on Calendar it crashes, when you click on Contacts, it goes to calendar. We have uninstalled Office and gone through the KB article 252566 to manually remove leftover files, but when we reinstall, the same thing happens. ...

Select contact then hangs

Add users to a Distribution Group using csv file
Is it possible? I have a list of approx 3200 users that I want to add to a common duistribution group w/o having to do it manually. At present I have a csv file with all the users that I want to be in the group. Is there a way to import them into the group using this file w/o recreating their accounts using csvde or ldife? TIA. Should be http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=237677 http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/Logon/Logon_CSVDE_Bulk.htm Nue "kage13" <kage13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8FB3846-DCDE-473F-9F1D-89E8CF0A66E3@microsoft.com... &...

Selecting rows from various sheets

select text in Calendar

Have Stores Create Records in HQ
Is it possible to have the stores databasse create records in the HQ dbase and not the other way around? For eg. Sometimes clients forget when they get new products to create it in HQ then send out to stores. Merci We have a utility to allow you to create an item simultaneousely at store and in HQ. Contact m efor more detail. Afshin Alikhani - [afshin@retailrealm.co.uk] CEO - Retail Realm "SIDSolutions" wrote: > Is it possible to have the stores databasse create records in the HQ dbase > and not the other way around? For eg. Sometimes clients forget when they get &g...

I need a templet or file for creating a personal checkbook.
I would like a templet or file that I can covert to Lotus 123 that will track my checks. There is a few templets out there but I can not convert them to Lotus? Any help would be appericated in advance. Mike ...

Create an Scheduled Tasks without a User Password in C++?
Hi comunity, is there any way to create an scheduled tasks without a user password, for example, i'ma Administrator on my pc, without a password? I use the VisualStudio 6 and the OS is WinXP Professional! The function what i use is : /* SetAccountInformation(L"", NULL); */ // first that is what i mean?! SetAccountInformation(myUserName.AllocSysString(), NULL); regards mirsad hi It's is impossible to create an new right scheduled Task without inputting a user password . if it do , there will be a bug in windowsXP. it you will to research that , I can advise you to get...

Cannot create new, reply, forward
Hello - I am using Win XP and Outlook 2002 on an Exchange server. We have recently changed domains and since then I can receive mail but my new message, reply and forward commands no longer work. Buttons are there by commands are greyed on teh menus or missing. Have tried uninstalling Office XP (inc registry keys) and reinstalling, then installing SP1 for OffXP but that didn't seem to rectify this. Does anyone know why? I'm going crazy and my systems manager is baffled. All suggestions welcome. Thanks I can't, it won't let me access the Email Accounts settings either...

Deleted Mailbox/Retention
Hi all, I'm working with an Exchange 5.5 server at the moment, and our client asked us to delete a mailbox (which we did). Now they've decided they want it back. I know Exchange has a deleted item retention that keeps this stuff for 30 days, but I also know this is just meant for replication to other servers - in short, can I work with this stuff? If yes, how do I get it back? If no, is my only option to restore an old backup of the exchange database on another machine, and pull the emails out to *.PST? TIA, user0 user0 wrote: > Hi all, > > I'm working with an Exchan...

Web Site Created with Publisher 2000
'Need your help folks. I've created a web site with Publisher 2000 and wish to have a counter to track number of visitors. Calls to my I.P. didn't prove to be fruitful. They gave me a script and told me just type the text on the page. Not only does this not work but it doesn't seem correct. My site is at: http://www.pacifier.com/~dschmidt/OSIA%20Vancouver%20USA/ and the script is there as string of text. What am I doing wrong?? Don Vancouver, USA Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from Don Schmidt <RetiredEngr@BabyBell.fa...

How to move Ex2k3 Sp1 between Admin Groups
All my Exchange 2003 servers have Sp1 applied. (we are still in Mixed Mode). How do I move a Exchange "003 server from an admin group with only itself and an Exchange 5.5 server init to another admin group with both Exchange 2003 & 5.5 servers in it ? 1) How do you actually do it ? 2) Should I remove the Exchange 5.5 Server first or remove it after the move ? Thank's Godfrey You cannot move servers between admin groups. You can move users between admin groups, though if: a) You're in Exchange native mode or b) You use the site consolidation tools in Exchange 2003 SP1...

Creating an lookup price-list
I am trying to build a lookup list in excel but unable to decide how to proceede ? Let me try to illustrate the problem here: I have a price-list workbook which has data like below: Header Row -> Name Brand Packing Price Data Row 1 -> Horlicks Nestle 500 g $10.00 Data Row 2 -> Britannia Nestle 500 g $3.99 Data Row 3 -> Taj Mahal ITC 250 g $7.78 Data Row 4 -> Seaking Grasim 100 ml $4.23 I want to create another worksheet where users can select Names from a dropdown and automaticall the brand, packaging and price column would be filled. Basically the i...

Creating a worksheet from others (IF statement)
Hi Guys, I tried looking fort his answer and I think it is answered in parts of other questions but I cant get it together. Scenario: I have a file called invoices.xls which is a workbook of 12 monthly worksheets for the year. Each item in a monthly worksheet is a row that houses project information financials etc (project cost, outsourced cost, project name etc) We also have another file (wip.xls) where we double handle all of that information and cut and paste only those files that we are currently working on. I would like wip.xls to be automatically populated with certain cells f...

Shared Mailboxes?
i have 10 or 15 users who work in a department who would like to be able to take emails out of their mailboxes and put them in a shared mailbox that everybody in the dept. can get to. does anybody know a good way of going about doing this? "Brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i have 10 or 15 users who work in a department who would >like to be able to take emails out of their mailboxes and >put them in a shared mailbox that everybody in the dept. >can get to. does anybody know a good way of going about >doing this? Sounds like a good candida...