Can't See External To: Names

Exchange 2003 SP1 Enterprise, Outlook Web Access 2003

From time to time a user of mine sends emails to external users plus
himself.  The problem is only his name shows in the TO: list.  The external
user names do not display.  In the latest case, he was replying to an email
received from an external sender.   Everything looks fine in the tracking log
for his sent email, all recipient names are listed.  Needless to say he is
not happy with this situation.  Has anyone had this problem who can help me
understand what's going on?  Why are the external addresses unavailable for
display?  I understand Outlook simply displays the data available, so I am
guessing this is an exchange issue.  Please advise if this is not the case
and I will post to the Outlook group.

Thanks for your help.
0
Diane1 (69)

Are you sure he isn't using BCC?
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Diane" <Diane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Exchange 2003 SP1 Enterprise, Outlook Web Access 2003
>
> From time to time a user of mine sends emails to external users plus
> himself.  The problem is only his name shows in the TO: list.  The
> external
> user names do not display.  In the latest case, he was replying to an
> email
> received from an external sender.   Everything looks fine in the tracking
> log
> for his sent email, all recipient names are listed.  Needless to say he is
> not happy with this situation.  Has anyone had this problem who can help
> me
> understand what's going on?  Why are the external addresses unavailable
> for
> display?  I understand Outlook simply displays the data available, so I am
> guessing this is an exchange issue.  Please advise if this is not the case
> and I will post to the Outlook group.
>
> Thanks for your help.

0
curspice6401 (3487)
2/4/2007 5:30:57 AM
Hi Ed,

BCC is not being used.  That was my first thought.  This was a reply to an
email with all recipients in the CC: field, so they weren't even retyped.
Any other thoughts?  I'm not finding any other clues and I understand it hass
happened more then once, though this is the first time we were notified.

Thanks,

Diane

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> Are you sure he isn't using BCC?
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "Diane" <Diane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Exchange 2003 SP1 Enterprise, Outlook Web Access 2003
> >
> > From time to time a user of mine sends emails to external users plus
> > himself.  The problem is only his name shows in the TO: list.  The
> > external
> > user names do not display.  In the latest case, he was replying to an
> > email
> > received from an external sender.   Everything looks fine in the tracking
> > log
> > for his sent email, all recipient names are listed.  Needless to say he is
> > not happy with this situation.  Has anyone had this problem who can help
> > me
> > understand what's going on?  Why are the external addresses unavailable
> > for
> > display?  I understand Outlook simply displays the data available, so I am
> > guessing this is an exchange issue.  Please advise if this is not the case
> > and I will post to the Outlook group.
> >
> > Thanks for your help.

0
Diane1 (69)
2/4/2007 5:01:00 PM
Is the errant recipient an alternate recipient of one of the listed
addressees?
--

> Hi Ed,
>
> BCC is not being used.  That was my first thought.  This was a reply to an
> email with all recipients in the CC: field, so they weren't even retyped.
> Any other thoughts?  I'm not finding any other clues and I understand it
> hass
> happened more then once, though this is the first time we were notified.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Diane
>
> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Are you sure he isn't using BCC?
>> --
>> Ed Crowley
>> MVP - Exchange
>>
>> "Diane" <Diane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Exchange 2003 SP1 Enterprise, Outlook Web Access 2003
>> >
>> > From time to time a user of mine sends emails to external users plus
>> > himself.  The problem is only his name shows in the TO: list.  The
>> > external
>> > user names do not display.  In the latest case, he was replying to an
>> > email
>> > received from an external sender.   Everything looks fine in the
>> > tracking
>> > log
>> > for his sent email, all recipient names are listed.  Needless to say he
>> > is
>> > not happy with this situation.  Has anyone had this problem who can
>> > help
>> > me
>> > understand what's going on?  Why are the external addresses unavailable
>> > for
>> > display?  I understand Outlook simply displays the data available, so I
>> > am
>> > guessing this is an exchange issue.  Please advise if this is not the
>> > case
>> > and I will post to the Outlook group.
>> >
>> > Thanks for your help.

0
curspice6401 (3487)
2/12/2007 7:27:46 AM
No, there are no alternate recipients.  For this issue, there were six
external "TO" addresses and one internal - the sender who copied himself.
Only the sender's address was displayed on the email.  I saw a few old posts
describing what appeared to be the same issue.  The only difference was the
missing recipient names were replaced by semi-colons which did not occur in
this case.  No one had found a reason/solution for the issue.  Thanks very
much for your continued help.

Diane

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> Is the errant recipient an alternate recipient of one of the listed
> addressees?
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "Diane" <Diane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Ed,
> >
> > BCC is not being used.  That was my first thought.  This was a reply to an
> > email with all recipients in the CC: field, so they weren't even retyped.
> > Any other thoughts?  I'm not finding any other clues and I understand it
> > hass
> > happened more then once, though this is the first time we were notified.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Diane
> >
> > "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Are you sure he isn't using BCC?
> >> --
> >> Ed Crowley
> >> MVP - Exchange
> >> "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"
> >>
> >> "Diane" <Diane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Diane1 (69)

I cant see emails coming in anymore.
I used to push send/receive and a box would come up telling me 'Receiving 8 of 40 emails' with a green bar going across the centre. Once the emails are received the box goes. If I push send/receive nothing happens. If I push it say, 10 times, again nothing happens. Once all the emails are thru the box that used to come up, than flashes up 10 times, but by than its a little late. Does anyone know how to get the box back? I would really appreciate it... KR Mick. I send this message using the forward procedure to somebody of the group My problem is likely the same as a lot ...

External Data wont refresh on a prtected and shared workbook...
I have a workbook that is used by multiple people over a network. In this workbook I added some data from a site that i wanted refreshed everytime the workbook is opened. I found out i can't protect the worksheet or protect and share the workbook and still have it refresh the data. Is there a way to protect/share the workbook (due to code inside the book) and still have the external web data refreshed upon the book opening ...

noobie: calling external DLL
I've been mainly using Delphi for years, and just starting on a personal project in C#. I'm going to need to access an external DLL, so, I searched the net for examples, and found this MSDN article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/e59b22c5.aspx Here, the MSDN sample imports user32.dll: [DllImport("User32.dll", CharSet=CharSet.Unicode)] public static extern int MessageBox(int h, string m, string c, int type); When I try to compile, I get an error that indicates I don't have the required reference. USER32.DLL isn't in my list of poss...

Not able to see all data but can see on another computer
Hi, I am using SAP application and if i retrive the excel file from SAP i can see only 48 lines where as i should see 110 lines but if i opened that same excel file in another computer then i can see all lines (110 Lines) i don't know why its happening. Can anyone help on this? Thanks in advance. Regards, Harish ...

Pivot tables
I have built a report that links multiple pivot tables to various acces queries, it is working exactely as I need it to. Only problem now is need to change the drive and directories the access database and th pivot table report actually sit on. What is the best method for moving the report and the queries -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Rename files based on file name?
Hello, How would I write vb script to do this?...seems simple but I have no idea. I have files in the directory C:\MyFiles they are named MYFiles101509.awq MyFiles111709.awq I want to rename them to OctFiles0001.xls and NovFiles0001.xls is there a way to look through files like look for MYFiles01* and rename that way? thanks. If you don't have the WSH help file you should download it and read up about the VBS methods so that you'll at least "have some idea". :) String operations you might need include Mid, Instr, Left, Right. > Hello, How wo...

Sheet Names #3
Hello, Is there a way yo can put a formula in a cell to have it equal what the sheet name is? Example( I have a spreadsheet with about 30 sheets in it. Each sheet has a different name. Instead of haveing to name every sheet, and tab twice is there a way I can rename the tab and have a formula i the sheet that will name the sheet the same as the tab name?) Try this: =RIGHT(CELL("filename",A2),LEN(CELL("filename",A2))-SEARCH("]",CELL("filename",A2))) Just don't put it in A2 or you'll get a circular reference. "Marcus" <Mar...

Query to Access : does'nt see tables
Office 2000 SP3 FR From Excel / MS Query, I want to read data in Access tables. I choose the mdb file and so MS Query displays this error message (translated) : "This data source does'nt have any visible table". Original in French : "Cette source de donn´┐Żes ne contient aucune table visible." I transfert my data to a new mdb file : it work's few times (!), then the error message appears again. How to resolve this problem ? Jacques. Gotcha ! MS Query does'nt accept a file name with 2 dot inside ! Example : MyFile.mdb --> Ok My.File.mdb --> "...

How to see my mail queue?
Hi there, I have a Exchange 2000 running on Windows 2000 server. Could you please tell me how to monitor my emails in my mail queue? I can't find a location on the Windows to see the mail queue status. Thanks in advance, Ross To view the mail queues follow these steps: 1. Open system manager, Navigate down to the following location Your organization --> Administrative groups --> Your Admin group --> Servers --> Your Server --> Protocols --> SMTP --> SMTP virtual server --> Queues You should then see all the smtp queues and monitor mail. thanks, J. ...

Send email using dynamic sender names
I just have one account configured in my outlook. Is it possible to send emails by different sender names (which should look like different senders are sending emails)? I don't want to add any more accounts. Receipents replying to these emails should come to the main configured inbox. Can this be done using outlook vba or anything else? Maxi <maheshchindarkar@gmail.com> wrote: > I just have one account configured in my outlook. Is it possible to > send emails by different sender names (which should look like > different senders are sending emails)? I don't want to add...

Unresolved external #2
Hi all... I have a DLL ( A ) that uses some controls present in another DLL ( B ). All works well except when I derive a class from a control implemented in DLL B. That derived class is present in DLL A. I receive the following linker error: Linking... Creating library Debug/Handkey.lib and object Debug/Handkey.exp Masked.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static struct CRuntimeClass const CSuperEditEx::classCSuperEditEx" (?classCSuperEditEx@CSuperEditEx@@2UCRuntimeClass@@B) Masked.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: static...

Sorting names from a list
I want to highlight all names in a particular column, say column A starting with an alphabet value, say t, placed in a cell in anothe column, say B2. So, names are listed in column A, B2 contains t. I wil like to color all cells in column A that contain names strating with t I would actually prefer to create a macro. Any help will be mos welcome. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi rkumar, Can't help you with a macro but this is very easily done with conditional formatting. Select the range to apply this to. Select Conditional Formatting Formula Is =LEFT(A1,1)...

Copying Named Ranges in Chart Series
I have a workbook with a tab that has charts and data. Because the number of data points can vary month to month, I have set up the chart to reference named ranges. The named ranges are columns that vary in length, defined by language like this: "yvals"=3DOFFSET('MainSheet'!$B$2,0,0,COUNTIF('MainSheet'!$B$2:$B $20,">0"),1) "xvals"=3DOFFSET('MainSheet'!$A$2,0,0,COUNTA('MainSheet'!$A$2:$A$20),1) The X and Y series use the named ranges. If I add or remove data the chart range automatically changes accordingly. These na...

Duplicate Record Name (when attempting to add a Team)
Greetings CRMers, I've got a new installation of CRM that I'm trying to learn to customize. At some point I had a team or queue that was called Field Support, and deleted it, but now I can't use the name any more and I don't know where to look to remove said name. Ideas... advice? Thanks in Advance, Fred ...

I see you
Well, not really, but I used Google Earth to zoom in on the Flatiron Building. You can get so close you can see the utilities on the roof, the hydrants on the street, the little parkish area across 5th Avenue, etc etc. Cool! Now tell me where your office is (like where is Peter's window, what floor and facing what street). Google Earth lets you zoom in all directions so I'll be able to turn the map to see that window. Silly I know but still a connection on some level. Pats looked good but not great last night. I didn't watch much more of the game. I'm not sold on ...

The recipient name is not recongnized
Trying to send out via internet mail. Exchange for local mail. When sending attachments I get error saying recipient name not recognized MTS-IS Exchange....When sending regulare mail it works fine. When sending attachments via Outlook 2000 it works fine. Any ideas? Not sure if it relates to your problem, but note that using Exchange & Internet mail in the same profile in Outlook 2000 and prior versions is not supported and can lead to all kinds of annoyances. Your Outlook is trying to send Internet out via Exchange, it sounds like....what's your default mail service?You can up...

Extract First Name From String
How can I extract the First Name only from the String Below? I only want to pick up 'Veronica' I can get the Last Name by using CHARINDEX(',',[Patient Name])-1 [Patient Name] = LUNA,VERONICA E -- Brian Conner Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server-programming/200912/1 Brian SELECT LEFT(@Value, CHARINDEX(',', @Value)-1), "Brian Conner via SQLMonster.com" <u47161@uwe> wrote in message news:a0558fa5b6081@uwe... > How can I extract the First Name only from the String Be...

To See or Not To See
I have copied a few tables of text from a web page into Excel. Some of the information contain word that are hyperlinks or email addresses. Is there a way to change those columns of information to reveal the web address or email address? Thanks So is it just displaying plaintext currently? Have you seen this information from the Help Menu? When you make changes to the Hyperlink and Followed Hyperlink styles, your changes apply to all hyperlinks (hyperlink: Colored and underlined text or a graphic that you click to go to a file, a location in a file, a Web page on the World Wide Web...

How to get application handle name (show in tilte bar) from *.exe?
Q: When u open any application, then in tilte bar it show the handle name i need Example Program Input Output ---------------- -------- Notepad.exe - Notepad WinWord.exe - Microsoft Word WordPad.exe - WordPad i need,it should be work for any *.exe To specify the application name, you need either pass the desired name to CWinApp constructor: CYourApp::CYourApp() : CWinApp("name") { } or if not specified, to the resource string with the ID of AFX_IDS_APP_TITLE. If the application name is not found in the resourc...

Name Tags
Hello, I would like to design and print name tags that have a small graphic. Any help would be appreciated. ...

E12 unable to see storage groups through EX MMC
We've been running E12 in a test environment for about 1 month and just today ran into a situation where the storage groups for a server are no longer visible from the console on that machine. If we view the server from a console on a different EX server we see all storage groups and stores. Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks can you list the storage groups and stores from the shell (EMS) on that server? did you try restarting EMC? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- &quo...

Publish CRM to External users without the need for A VPN tunnel
I would love the ability to access CRM from my Outlook Client without establishing a VPN connection. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c33e96cd-39d4-469b-92e8...

Nice seeing all of you hopefully I see you in the other forum
really I just wanted to get the last post in prior to it closing today :) ...

Full Name in Workbook Title Bar
I put the following in the Workbook_Open sub of a workbook. ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveWorkbook.FullName It works just fine for that workbook but I really want it to work for any workbook I open so I tried putting it in the Workbook_open sub of Personal.xls. I got an error message saying something like "block variable not set." What can I do to make the full path name appear for any open workbook with an entry in Personal.xls? Thank you. When you have it in your workbook_open event of a specific workbook, then that event will apply to that workbook. You'll want to...

Name Badges with Graphics
I am trying to create a mail merge in Publisher 2003 that will contain the same graphic for each badge. My data source is a word table. I don't understand how to connect the graphic to the mail merge. Thanks in advance for your help. Help here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH062524751033.aspx Do you have Excel or Access? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "L. Roper" <LRoper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99ED9F25-AE38-4830-ABEA-23170D825AC9@microsoft.com... >...