Can�t receive mail

I have an Exchange2003 e-mail server and when
I�m using my server as Open Relay server (which I do not) I�m getting all
e-mails that others send me.
When I choose "Only the list below" in Relay
Restrictions options server does not receive mail
from outside.Sender get this message:

550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for example@mydomain.com

Any solutions?

0
noemail1 (157)

Make sure your domain name where you want to receive email from the internet
is in your recipient policy list.

"Mickey M" <noemail@noemail.com> wrote in message
> I have an Exchange2003 e-mail server and when
> I�m using my server as Open Relay server (which I do not) I�m getting all
> e-mails that others send me.
> When I choose "Only the list below" in Relay
> Restrictions options server does not receive mail
> from outside.Sender get this message:
>
> 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for example@mydomain.com
>
> Any solutions?

0
irwanhadi (32)
12/27/2003 12:32:19 PM
Thanks,

That was it, there was only "domain.local", well now it works

"Irwan Hadi" <irwanhadi@phxby.com> wrote in message
> Make sure your domain name where you want to receive email from the
internet
> is in your recipient policy list.
>
> "Mickey M" <noemail@noemail.com> wrote in message
> > I have an Exchange2003 e-mail server and when
> > I�m using my server as Open Relay server (which I do not) I�m getting
all
> > e-mails that others send me.
> > When I choose "Only the list below" in Relay
> > Restrictions options server does not receive mail
> > from outside.Sender get this message:
> >
> > 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for example@mydomain.com
> >
> > Any solutions?

0
noemail1 (157)

Play a sound upon new mail arrival
I have a mail-enabled public folder which I have access to. I would like to set up a rule so a sound is played every time a new message arrives. I can't seem to find any documents stating how this is done. Is this at all possible? You can't do this natively you'll need an Add-In. http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Watch-Outlook-Folders.asp?Source=RS If you decide to order use "BH93RF24" to get a discount -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: ...

Mail Filtering [AGAIN]
Posted this with no responses a while back - - let's try again: I have SMTP mail filtering configured and turned on for my SMTP virtual server IP address. My question is will the sender of a message that is going to be filtered out get a non-delivery response or will it just look as if the message has gone through to them? Thanks This will answer your question for Exchange 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823866 Geoff Pearce Nemx Software "Scott M." <s-mar@nospam.nospam> wrote in message news:u9ga6ZZ0EHA.2600@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... &g...

Need help re settting default font for Create Mail
Can anyone help me with this? When I go to Options>Compose>Font Settings (Outlook 6), I change it to Courier New, size 12. But when I hit Compose button to the Create Mail button, to compose a new e-mail, it gives me Arial Font size 10. Now, I tried creating a Stationery template that would give me Courier New size 12. I opened an e-mail, set it to Courier New size 12, and then used Save As and saved it as a Stationery under the name Courier. But when I use the drop down menu under Create Mail and choose that template, and go to write the e-mail, it does not give me the Courier that ...

Exchange Server not sending or receiving email.
I'm running Exchange Server 2003 on a SBS 2003 SP2 machine. Every other day email cannot be sent out or received until after I restart the Exchange Store Service. Any assistnace to help me overcome this will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. What is your ".NET" (dotnet) question? This newsgroup is for general questions about Microsoft's .NET programming platform. -Scott "moyondizvo" <moyondizvo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA3FA808-EAF4-4DD0-A650-5FD786F5107D@microsoft.com... > I'm running Exchange S...

Can�t receive mail
I have an Exchange2003 e-mail server and when I�m using my server as Open Relay server (which I do not) I�m getting all e-mails that others send me. When I choose "Only the list below" in Relay Restrictions options server does not receive mail from outside.Sender get this message: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for example@mydomain.com Any solutions? Make sure your domain name where you want to receive email from the internet is in your recipient policy list. "Mickey M" <noemail@noemail.com> wrote in message news:SCdHb.55$Rw6.34@read3.inet.fi... > I have an Exchan...

E-Mail Signatures?
Hi All, How are users of CRM who want to send e-mails from within the web client handling e-mail signatures? Alan Hi Alan, - if you mean a personal signature as " Regarding ..." then you can use and create the templete at the template manager from settings. (you should have the privellege. - if you mean a security signature, you must use Outlook for Sales. Alfred G�bel (MS-CRM, Germany) "Alan Whitehouse" <awhitehouse@NO-SPAM.tgo.ca> wrote in message news:uiOLHrr2DHA.2548@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > How are users of CRM who want to send e...

Receiving Duplicate Email Messages
Hello Everyone, I am hoping someone may be able to help shed some light on this problem. We use Sunbelt's Ninja Messenger for spam filtering on an Exchange 2003 SP2 server for about 6-7 months now. I have been finding the past two months or so that about half of the messages we receive to our spam filtering mailbox are duplicates. One email is usually html or rich text with images, fancy text, animations whatever, the other email will be a duplicate in content but it will be text only with no formatting. I had posted this on Ninja's support forum and got no real advice. I am t...

user mailbox receive size
I need some help rectifiying a situation I have verified with ms kb322679 on how to set size limits for messages in Exchange and although i have set the limits to its highest limit possible or no limit at all i still have failures on receiving file attachements greater that 10 meg in size. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated ...

Send/Receive doe not work... I can send but not receive in Outlook
I have my Yahoo (pop3) account set up in Outlook and have done for some time. It has just decided to stop retrieving my incoming mail, however I can still send mail through outlook. It is set up to leave a copy of all messages on the yahoo server so I can access this through Outlook on my office compuer also - this works fine. The problem is with Outlook on my home PC. When I hit Send/Recieve nothing happens, not even an error message. Can anyone help? I can't find anything online. Thanks a mil! What kind of service do you have? I'vehad problems like that with Verizon DSL, but...

New Mail icon/ghosts
I'm using the excellent SpamInspector to remove the curse of tedious Spam.My problem is it works very well but everytime it moves a spam e-mail to my deleted items folder I also obviously get a new mail icon appear.It's the same with "rules" removed mails-is there anyway of making sure I get the envelope icon in my tray only when there is mail in my inbox? Thanks The icon fires when mail is received. It does not depend on whether the mail is subsequently moved by rules or an Anti-Spam program. The arrival happens first so the icon fires before any subsequent action ...

Receiving in fewer parts than required
When we are creating a sub-assembly we will create a MO for the amount of finished goods we will get if all the parts successfully pass inspection. For example, we will start out planning on making 15 sub-assemblies and end up with only 10, which is ok because we expect some losses during processing. However since we initially set up the MO as requiring 15 pieces but only ended up with 10 we will never be able to "complete" the MO even though its not necessary for us to do so (i.e. we have enough finished sub-assemblies to continue production). How can we complete the MO eve...

how do I print data in a spreadsheet data base to a mailing lable. #2
I would lik eto take the data from a customer data base in Excell and print each customers information on a mailing lable can this be done? should I use Access? if it can be done please help me. I currently am using Microsoft Office 2000 ...

not able to access contact list when sending e-mail.
I have Outlook 2002. I recently recreated a new Outlook.pst file (thanks to one of you guys here) and am able to use Outlook again. However, when I am writing an e-mail and click on "To:", I get this message: "The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts Folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions." Any ideas?? I restored the content in my Contact list by synching it with a third party program and my online phone list (which had been created by exporting data from Out...

Can�t navigate pages
I am running P2002 on XP. I have a number of multi-page documents which normally have a line of page numbers along the bottom of the screen allowing me to navigate from one page to another. Sometimes theses numbers will disappear while I am working. Today I tried opening a set of documents I have not looked at for some time and the line of page numbers will not display at all, so I can�t navigate through the document. Does anyone know what is wrong? (I can work around this by clicking the print preview icon then clicking through the document to the required page and then hitting esc, but this ...

How do I block receiving mailes from some one ???

Outlook 2003 Crashes @Send/Receive (outex.dll)
Hi, i've got the problem that Outlook 2k3 crashes suddenly during receiving and sending mails from an exchange server. Outlook says that it encountered an error and wants me to send a report to MS. EventViewer shows the entry that the error occurred in outex.dll. this *.dll is responsible for the "Out Of Office" Add-In. i've got every ServicePack installed (1,2,3) i need to keep the old *.pst and archive folder What i've done: - tried the repair function of office - useless - tried reinstalling, seemed to work. installed the service packs -> crashed again (same Lo...

Junk Mail Filtering
Are there easier, more intuitive ways to filter adult-content and general junk e-mails within the Organize features already present in Outlook 2002? Are their products out their that I can add to the existent system rather than downloading new stand-alone software packages? I modified the "filters.txt" file but still am not pleased with the increasing amount of junk mail I receive. I feel your pain...I just sent a couple of comments to MS about how poor their SPAM filtering is. Other web mail will flag all bulk email that can be deleted at one time With Mr. Gates working with the...

Not receiving e-mails
I have just started having problems with my e-mail. It will connect, receives and shows number of e-mails, but there is nothing in inbox. Need help to fix if possible. Do you have a filtered view set on your Inbox? Check View | Current View -- what does it show? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:290d01c4281c$330fb800$a301280a@phx.gbl, Taylor wrote: > I have just started having problems with my e-mail. It > will connect, receives and show...

Send/Receive Problem
I am using Outlook 2002 on an XP platform. I cannot get Outlook to check for Email at regular intervals. I have the my Outlook set to Send and Receive all my accounts every 10 minutes but nothing happens. The only way I can receive Emails is by manually using the Send/Recv button or pressing F9. Can anyone offer any help. In case it is relevant I am using Norton Internet Security 2003. PWS Not sure it it Yor problem, but Outlook has some problems with Noroton Antivirus runing and chekking e-mails. As far as I know, Outlook may stop recieving e-mails from POP3 servers due to very le...

Removing days header and attachment view in Entourage mail

changing send/receive to receive/send
According to my host, I need to change the option on my Outlook 200 to check for new messages before it sends any messages. The default is the opposite. Who knows how to change this option? In your email account settings, on the "outgoing server" tab "Caleb G" <caleb@sharedlight.com> wrote in message news:020d01c3463e$039cf300$a301280a@phx.gbl... > > According to my host, I need to change the option on my > Outlook 200 to check for new messages before it sends any > messages. The default is the opposite. Who knows how to > change this option? C...

automatic resolving of e-mail addresses to CRM records
Hi, We have a situation here that is pretty dum. When we sent an e-mail through Outlook and save it to CRM, then some contact records are not automatically resolved in the CRM e-mail window so they appear red. We have alle the CRM users, but these users are also in the contactlist. How does the resolving algoritm works? Alle the users have 2 e-mail adresses: a full one and a short one. If I give the system users all the short one and the contacts the full one, does CRM then resolves this... At this moment, one unhappy victim every week resolves all the "red" items... Thanks...

mass emails...... outlook showing sent but not received by anyone
New computor....I must have something set up different than before in Outlook because the email blast appears to have been sent (shows in sent file) but not received. I have been sending this blast successfully for several years, but with new computor having troubles. Any ideas? is your SMTP server blocking them as spam? or their server treating them as spam? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http:...

Recovering Outlook 2000 Internet mail
A friend of mine reformatted my hard drive because I was having some software issues. I am now back to a "like new" computer. I have now reinstalled my Microsoft Office 2000. However, I do not know how to get my Outlook mail back that he backed up. I use a broadband cable internet connection which is not re-connected yet. Could that be part of the problem? Do I wait until I install my internet info. from the cable company? Lisa <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > A friend of mine reformatted my hard drive because I was > having some software issue...

Send to Mail Recipient (as attachment) Lags
Just recently my computer will lag for an extended period of time (15-30 seconds) when I send a worksheet to a recipient as an attachment. I have also noticed the response time is very slow when opening xls attachments from outlook or when copying worksheet. I am running Office 2003 Professional on an XP platform with Outlook as my e-mail program. All microsoft updates have been done and I've re-installed the program without any success. Any ideas as to why the program is having such a difficult time performing such a simply task?? Thank you, Jim ...