Can't receive mail from Internet after renaming AD account

I need your help regarding my problem. Say I created a user and given her a
firstnyme and lastname.  Her email address would be
firstnyme.lastname@domain.com based on our recipient update policy.  The next
day the account needs to be renamed because of a typo on the request.  So i
edited the account by renaming and edited her smtp address as well to
firstname.lastname@domain.com.  Everything seemed fine as her new name has
already reflected in the GAL.  However, several days later i received a
complaint that she can't receive email from outside our exchange organization
from her renamed email address.  We are using exchange 2003.  Thanks.

You should have left the old SMTP address, and add the new one on to the
account.
Anyway keep it mind, when you rename and e-mail account leave the old SMTP
address as an additional SMTP address, so if someone e-mails with old SMTP
address to this person she still can get the e-mails, you can have only one
Primary SMTP address, one at the time

So in your case, go back to properties of this account, and make sure there
is valid SMTP address in place, if not add one respectively,
When e-mail comes form outside, Exchange server will do and LDAP query to a
GC, and try to locate valid SMTP address on any e-mail enabled object,
If there is none, will generate user unknown back to the sender.

Cheers
Oz

Cheers
Oz

--
Best regards, Good Luck
Oz Ozugurlu

"NoyPi_Yongski" wrote:

> I need your help regarding my problem. Say I created a user and given her a
> firstnyme and lastname.  Her email address would be
> firstnyme.lastname@domain.com based on our recipient update policy.  The next
> day the account needs to be renamed because of a typo on the request.  So i
> edited the account by renaming and edited her smtp address as well to
> firstname.lastname@domain.com.  Everything seemed fine as her new name has
> already reflected in the GAL.  However, several days later i received a
> complaint that she can't receive email from outside our exchange organization
> from her renamed email address.  We are using exchange 2003.  Thanks.
0
oz952 (210)
4/26/2006 5:34:02 AM
Hi Oz,
Thanks for your response.  I'll keep your tip in mind.  I have renamed
accounts before and did the same procedure.  I just advise the user to inform
their external contacts of their new SMTP email address.  I am looking at the
email addresses tab of the user and there is one smtp address with th renamed
address as firstname.lastname@exchange.domain.com.  I just tried sending her
an email from a yahoo account and my email bounced back.
xxx.xx.xx.xx does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.
Giving up on xxx.xx.xx.xx.

I really don't know what is wrong

"oz@msexchange911.org" wrote:

> You should have left the old SMTP address, and add the new one on to the
> account.
> Anyway keep it mind, when you rename and e-mail account leave the old SMTP
> address as an additional SMTP address, so if someone e-mails with old SMTP
> address to this person she still can get the e-mails, you can have only one
> Primary SMTP address, one at the time
>
> So in your case, go back to properties of this account, and make sure there
> is valid SMTP address in place, if not add one respectively,
> When e-mail comes form outside, Exchange server will do and LDAP query to a
> GC, and try to locate valid SMTP address on any e-mail enabled object,
> If there is none, will generate user unknown back to the sender.
>

> Cheers
> Oz
>

> Cheers
> Oz
>
> --
> Best regards, Good Luck
> Oz Ozugurlu
> ____________________________
> MCSE 2003 M+,S+, CCNA
> Http://www.msexchange911.org
> Http://www.consultusa.us (Blog)
>

> "NoyPi_Yongski" wrote:
>
> > I need your help regarding my problem. Say I created a user and given her a
> > firstnyme and lastname.  Her email address would be
> > firstnyme.lastname@domain.com based on our recipient update policy.  The next
> > day the account needs to be renamed because of a typo on the request.  So i
> > edited the account by renaming and edited her smtp address as well to
> > firstname.lastname@domain.com.  Everything seemed fine as her new name has
> > already reflected in the GAL.  However, several days later i received a
> > complaint that she can't receive email from outside our exchange organization
> > from her renamed email address.  We are using exchange 2003.  Thanks.
Is that address (firstname.lastname@exchange.domain.com) correct? It does
not match your first post (firstname.lastname@domain.com) and could be the
source of this problem if it is not a typo.

Nue
"NoyPi_Yongski" <NoyPiYongski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Oz,
> Thanks for your response.  I'll keep your tip in mind.  I have renamed
> accounts before and did the same procedure.  I just advise the user to
> inform
> their external contacts of their new SMTP email address.  I am looking at
> the
> email addresses tab of the user and there is one smtp address with th
> renamed
> address as firstname.lastname@exchange.domain.com.  I just tried sending
> her
> an email from a yahoo account and my email bounced back.
> xxx.xx.xx.xx does not like recipient.
> Remote host said: 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.
> Giving up on xxx.xx.xx.xx.
>
> I really don't know what is wrong
>

> "oz@msexchange911.org" wrote:
>
>> You should have left the old SMTP address, and add the new one on to the
>> account.
>> Anyway keep it mind, when you rename and e-mail account leave the old
>> SMTP
>> address as an additional SMTP address, so if someone e-mails with old
>> SMTP
>> address to this person she still can get the e-mails, you can have only
>> one
>> Primary SMTP address, one at the time
>>
>> So in your case, go back to properties of this account, and make sure
>> there
>> is valid SMTP address in place, if not add one respectively,
>> When e-mail comes form outside, Exchange server will do and LDAP query to
>> GC, and try to locate valid SMTP address on any e-mail enabled object,
>> If there is none, will generate user unknown back to the sender.
>>

>> Cheers
>> Oz
>>

>> Cheers
>> Oz
>>
>> --
>> Best regards, Good Luck
>> Oz Ozugurlu
>> ____________________________
>> MCSE 2003 M+,S+, CCNA
>> Http://www.msexchange911.org
>> Http://www.consultusa.us (Blog)
>>

>> "NoyPi_Yongski" wrote:
>>
>> > I need your help regarding my problem. Say I created a user and given
>> > her a
>> > firstnyme and lastname.  Her email address would be
>> > firstnyme.lastname@domain.com based on our recipient update policy.
>> > The next
>> > day the account needs to be renamed because of a typo on the request.
>> > So i
>> > edited the account by renaming and edited her smtp address as well to
>> > firstname.lastname@domain.com.  Everything seemed fine as her new name
>> > has
>> > already reflected in the GAL.  However, several days later i received a
>> > complaint that she can't receive email from outside our exchange
>> > organization
>> > from her renamed email address.  We are using exchange 2003.  Thanks.

0
imaneophyte (3004)
4/26/2006 1:04:30 PM
Do you have something between Exchange and the Internet (like firewall
or relay server)?

Could it be because of delivery restrictions (see
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316251/en-us )?

NoyPi_Yongski wrote:
> I need your help regarding my problem. Say I created a user and given her a
> firstnyme and lastname.  Her email address would be
> firstnyme.lastname@domain.com based on our recipient update policy.  The next
> day the account needs to be renamed because of a typo on the request.  So i
> edited the account by renaming and edited her smtp address as well to
> firstname.lastname@domain.com.  Everything seemed fine as her new name has
> already reflected in the GAL.  However, several days later i received a
> complaint that she can't receive email from outside our exchange organization
> from her renamed email address.  We are using exchange 2003.  Thanks.
--

Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.

Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org
Free Internet calling - www.skype.com
Free SQL database Firebird - full support for transaction control,
triggers, stored procedures, partial SQL-99 compliance
http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&s=1142758270:704186&page=what_is_interbase
0
kpalagin (1838)
4/26/2006 1:12:55 PM
Thanks for the responses.  Actually the
firstname.lastname@exchange.domain.com is common on all recipients on our
organization.  And all are able to receive mail from the internet.  It must
have been set up or resolved without exchange when seen on the internet.  It
is just after editing the smtp address on that particular account that it can
no longer receive mail from the internet.  Can anyone enlighten me on the
other attributes like cc mail and mailstop.  I've edited it as well when I
renamed the account.  Together with smtp and x400, these are all the mail
addresses on the email addresses tab of the object in AD.  I am really
puzzled by this issue as the user's renamed account has already reflected on
our address list.  The user can receive mail from inside the organization.
All indications point that all should go well but is not.  Appreciate all the
help.

"Kirill Palagin" wrote:

> Do you have something between Exchange and the Internet (like firewall
> or relay server)?
>
> Could it be because of delivery restrictions (see
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316251/en-us )?
>
> NoyPi_Yongski wrote:
> > I need your help regarding my problem. Say I created a user and given her a
> > firstnyme and lastname.  Her email address would be
> > firstnyme.lastname@domain.com based on our recipient update policy.  The next
> > day the account needs to be renamed because of a typo on the request.  So i
> > edited the account by renaming and edited her smtp address as well to
> > firstname.lastname@domain.com.  Everything seemed fine as her new name has
> > already reflected in the GAL.  However, several days later i received a
> > complaint that she can't receive email from outside our exchange organization
> > from her renamed email address.  We are using exchange 2003.  Thanks.
> --
>
> Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.
>
> Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org
> Free Internet calling - www.skype.com
> Free SQL database Firebird - full support for transaction control,
> triggers, stored procedures, partial SQL-99 compliance
> http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&s=1142758270:704186&page=what_is_interbase

Do you have firewall or relay server between Exchange and the Internet?

NoyPi_Yongski wrote:
> Thanks for the responses.  Actually the
> firstname.lastname@exchange.domain.com is common on all recipients on our
> organization.  And all are able to receive mail from the internet.  It must
> have been set up or resolved without exchange when seen on the internet.  It
> is just after editing the smtp address on that particular account that it can
> no longer receive mail from the internet.  Can anyone enlighten me on the
> other attributes like cc mail and mailstop.  I've edited it as well when I
> renamed the account.  Together with smtp and x400, these are all the mail
> addresses on the email addresses tab of the object in AD.  I am really
> puzzled by this issue as the user's renamed account has already reflected on
> our address list.  The user can receive mail from inside the organization.
> All indications point that all should go well but is not.  Appreciate all the
> help.
>
> "Kirill Palagin" wrote:
>
>> Do you have something between Exchange and the Internet (like firewall
>> or relay server)?
>>
>> Could it be because of delivery restrictions (see
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316251/en-us )?
>>
>> NoyPi_Yongski wrote:
>>> I need your help regarding my problem. Say I created a user and given her a
>>> firstnyme and lastname.  Her email address would be
>>> firstnyme.lastname@domain.com based on our recipient update policy.  The next
>>> day the account needs to be renamed because of a typo on the request.  So i
>>> edited the account by renaming and edited her smtp address as well to
>>> firstname.lastname@domain.com.  Everything seemed fine as her new name has
>>> already reflected in the GAL.  However, several days later i received a
>>> complaint that she can't receive email from outside our exchange organization
>>> from her renamed email address.  We are using exchange 2003.  Thanks.
>> --
>>
>> Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.
>>
>> Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org
>> Free Internet calling - www.skype.com
>> Free SQL database Firebird - full support for transaction control,
>> triggers, stored procedures, partial SQL-99 compliance
>> http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&s=1142758270:704186&page=what_is_interbase

--

Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.

Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org
Free Internet calling - www.skype.com
Free SQL database Firebird - full support for transaction control,
triggers, stored procedures, partial SQL-99 compliance
http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&s=1142758270:704186&page=what_is_interbase
0
kpalagin (1838)
4/26/2006 2:38:48 PM
Hi Kirill,

Had this one solved.  Our enterprise admins were trying out a new spam
filter with which you have to add new users to be able to receive mail from
the internet.  Thanks for all the posts.  Mabuhay!

"Kirill Palagin" wrote:

> Do you have firewall or relay server between Exchange and the Internet?
>
> NoyPi_Yongski wrote:
> > Thanks for the responses.  Actually the
> > firstname.lastname@exchange.domain.com is common on all recipients on our
> > organization.  And all are able to receive mail from the internet.  It must
> > have been set up or resolved without exchange when seen on the internet.  It
> > is just after editing the smtp address on that particular account that it can
> > no longer receive mail from the internet.  Can anyone enlighten me on the
> > other attributes like cc mail and mailstop.  I've edited it as well when I
> > renamed the account.  Together with smtp and x400, these are all the mail
> > addresses on the email addresses tab of the object in AD.  I am really
> > puzzled by this issue as the user's renamed account has already reflected on
> > our address list.  The user can receive mail from inside the organization.
> > All indications point that all should go well but is not.  Appreciate all the
> > help.
> >
> > "Kirill Palagin" wrote:
> >
> >> Do you have something between Exchange and the Internet (like firewall
> >> or relay server)?
> >>
> >> Could it be because of delivery restrictions (see
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316251/en-us )?

> >> --
> >>
> >> Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.
> >>
> >> Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org
> >> Free Internet calling - www.skype.com
> >> Free SQL database Firebird - full support for transaction control,
> >> triggers, stored procedures, partial SQL-99 compliance
> >> http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&s=1142758270:704186&page=what_is_interbase
> >>
> --
>
> Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.
>
> Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org
> Free Internet calling - www.skype.com
> Free SQL database Firebird - full support for transaction control,
> triggers, stored procedures, partial SQL-99 compliance
> http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&s=1142758270:704186&page=what_is_interbase

Slow send and receive
For some reason my Outlook is slowing down to barely a crawl with Send and Receive. It's now taking minutes to do. Any suggestions? Thanks, Frank What version of Outlook are you using? Also test whether other download traffic is fast or slow as well. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my reply address; remove al...

cannot recieve mail, Error message.
Please help Cannot send or recieve messages.this message pops up: Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'pop.charter.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR An authentication mechanism MUST be entered', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198704 You receive error 0x800ccc90 or error 0x800ccc18 when you try to log on to Exchange Server by using Secure Password Authentication -=- "Michelle E." wrote: > Please help Cannot send or recieve messages.this message p...

Windows Mail After formating my computer
Hi, I would like to know if i lose all my e-mails and contacts and everything i have in my windows mal e-mail, when i format my computer. It is very urgent that i format my computer but i have to be sure i dont lose anything. Thank You. The short answer, you will lose everything on that partition when you form. You will need to back up what you need to save to another partition/Drive. "Catarina" <Catarina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28620520-41CF-4A40-881C-B2BA780E97DE@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I would like to know if i lose ...

CRM 1.2 go online with added activity
If I go online and add an activity, and then choose to go online, I get an error message for the activity that: "The Microsoft CRM Server is unavilable or could not be found" I leave the option of waiting to add the data next time I check in. However, after closing the message, the activity IS added to the CRM Server. If if go offline again, and dont make any changes, and choose to go back online, I then get a message that: "The specified domain logon name already exists. You must specifity a unique domain" This is for the same activity, so it thinks it's not...

Quickbooks CC Accounts
I am finally tackling the QB importing into SO. In the past (Pre RMS) I always entered my Cash, Visa, Amex, etc as "payment" types in Quickbooks--automatically deposited into my main bank acct. Now, SO suggests listing them as "Current Assets." Does this mean that after posting each batch, that I must manually transfer the amounts from the corresponding accounts to my bank accoount? I am clear on this...if so, how do most people go about simplifying this? Thanks. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestion...

Get $500 to your PAYPAL Account by just one CLICK #2

Outlook 2007 E-mail Duplication Problem
I recently migrated from Outlook Express to Outlook 2007. All went well except for some reason every time I send a message there is a copy of that item in my inbox as well as the sent item folder (and of course to the recipient). I obviously don't want that message back in my inbox. How do I keep this from happening? Do you have any rules set up on outgoing messages? -- Jocelyn Fiorello *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "pd417" wrote: > I recently migrated from Ou...

Exchange 5.5
Are there any problems with changing the password on the Exchange 5.5 service account? nope...see this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/157780/en-us -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Tim" <tjc7546@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:777A4324-A65A-4644-B52A-11BB26DD174B@microsoft.com... > Are there any problems with changing the password on the Exchange 5.5 service > account? ...

Outlook to Domino connector; setting default email account
Hi, I'm using the Outlook to Lotus Domino/Notes connector to access our calendar system and contacts. But I use an IMAP account for receiving and sending mail. The problem is that even though I have set the IMAP account to be the default account, all new mail, (when I choose " New Mail message") is sent via the domino server. If I click the "Accounts" drop down button the first name on the list is Outlook Connector for Domino, but the IMAP account is listed as account number 1, and the Outlook connector for Domino is listed as number 2. Any suggestion swould be...

LDS user using AD Group Permissions
I have a web application in which our outside customers need access to run transactions (stored procs on Sql Server) on our domain. We have looked into LDS to keep these users separate from our domain. The problem we are having is allowing the LDS users the AD security rights to access these stored procs. For administration purposes we would like to use an AD group for each transaction (stored proc) which has access to execute. Is there a way to add LDS users to this AD group or allow them the security rights to do this. We have setup LDS and can authenicate an AD user thru to runs th...

Public Folder notification e-mails
Hi, We have hundreds of public folders currently in our organisation that outside people e-mail to. Our different departments then have their own to check. We have many different rules set up, some send auto-replys, others don't etc. We had an issue the other day where someone had 'forgot' to check their folder for about 3 months and subsequently a lot of work was not done. Now they have said can they be notified when an e-mail drops in there. I only know that i can do an auto reply (and CC the said person in) or forward the message (which is not the best method, i don'...

Email accounts for external contractors?
Hi, Should have asked this question Wednesday along with my other question, but didn't think at the time: We have contractors, who we want to give @ourdomain.com email addresses. As they are not permanent contractors we don't really want to give them any access to active directory or set them up with a mail box. Plus they don't have the ability to connect to our exchange server (either with outlook or owa). Is it possible to setup someone in exchange with a domain email address, but have that email forwarded to another address (most use personal email addresses). I guess I...

PDF Attachments in Win Live Mail
Since Windows Mail was moved to Windows Live, I can't open PDF attachments to emails without moving them to Desktop or somewhere, not directly from clicking on the attachment in the email. This seems uncessary and I must be missing something, but I don't know what. Unable to open .PPS attachments directly from Windows Mail in Windows Vista. Applies to WLMail as well. http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/149/1/Unable-to-open-PPS-attachments-directly-from-Windows-Mail-in-Windows-Vista.html -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA &...

Message permanently deleted by rule still displays new mail notification
In Outlook 2003 if a message is permanently deleted by a rule you must manually empty the deleted messages folder before the new mail notification icon disappears. I have tried adding 'mark message\s as read' to the rule with no success. Is there a fix or work around for this issue ? Jeremy Wood <jwood@callcommand.com> wrote: > In Outlook 2003 if a message is permanently deleted by a > rule you must manually empty the deleted messages folder > before the new mail notification icon disappears. I have > tried adding 'mark message\s as read' to the rule wit...

Money gets confused by transfers with different dates in each account
I would've thought that Money could handle what I'm trying to do, so maybe I'm just doing it wrong. I have a checking and credit card account, both of which have the statements entered electronically. I also have other investment accounts, all of which are entered manually. In one of the investment accounts, I had the account do a direct debit from my checking account to buy new mutual fund shares. My bank statement already has an entry, downloaded electronically, that shows the debit. I want to convert that into a transfer to my investment account. I can do it -- almost. The pro...

Rename/Delete/Deactivate Junk Mail Folder
Hi! Does somebody know how I can delete/rename or deactivate the Junk Mail folder in Outlook 2003? If I delete this folder, it will be re-created in the next Outlook start. I've read that Junk Mail folder is an built-in and cannot be renamed/deleted or deactivated?! Please help! Thanks Mustafa That is correct. Why do you need to get rid of it/rename it? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Tried to link/set up email accounts. Now Outlook won't open. Help!
When Outlook opens it unsuccessfully tries to link to my email accounts (a series of dialogue boxes open looking for my email exchange server on UCSF). When the program discovers it can't link, it eventually just closes Outlook. Is there a way to delete the previous info about my email accounts, so that I can start, at least, using the calendar function. Thanks! Use the Mail Applet in the control panel "Jason Earle" <Jason Earle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A89E438E-665A-4E4A-8BDA-31D7BBE27CEF@microsoft.com... > When Outlook opens it unsuccessf...

Routing mails to another mail server in same machine
Hi I have Exchange 2003 in a machine listening at port 25. I would like to direct all mails received by it to another mail server listening at port 10025 in the same machine. I tried SMTP connectors but I m not sure how to send it to a particular port in the same machine. Any ideas? Thanx Jag On 8 Nov 2006 03:18:28 -0800, "Jag" <jagathishp@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi > >I have Exchange 2003 in a machine listening at port 25. I would like to >direct all mails received by it to another mail server listening at >port 10025 in the same machine. I tried SMTP connecto...

Today's date in e-mail template
Is it possible to have a filed which returns today's date in an e-mail template? ...

TD Waterhouse "Add Shares" problem in investment account
A few weeks back (12 July to be precise), Cal Learner suggested that I look in my investment account to see if TD Watehouse had created an "Add Shares" entry, and if so there was a workaround he could detail. Believe it or not it has taken until now to get around to looking and there are some "Add Shares" entries for sale of money market assets. Thanks for the tip, and could Cal (or anyone else) post the workaround? Would I be better off turning off automatic updates from TD Waterhouse and just manually updating it? It isn't like I'm doing heavy trading in the acc...

2005 merge account
I setup an MSN Bill Pay account, but it created a new account instead of connecting to my existing account that was already setup in Money. Now when I try to merge the accounts, I get an application error and money crashes and restarts. Any ideas? I've restarted, I've repaired the file, I've disabled the bill pay sevice and re-set it back up... nothings working. -- Mike I have a call into Money support. The tech I spoke to said this was a problem with upgrading and had to research with Microsoft Technical Support and will get back to me. So far, I haven't heard ...

Windows Live Mail: Autocomplete does not work
I installed Windows Live Mail on 3 separate laptops running Windows 7 and the Autocomplete feature in the To: box does not work. It works fine with contacts loaded in the address book but somehow does not recognise any email addresses that have been used before that are not part of the address book. I have read most posts on the topic and cannot find a solution. From what I can read it should just work by default. I found some posts referring to a registry key (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Recently Used Addresses) but this key does not exist, could t...

Email accounts of Outlook 2003
I need to move all my email accounts of Outlook 2003 on my old pc to a new pc. copied the file Outlook.pst to the new pc and retrive all data except the email accounts. Can someone advise me how to move the email account to the new pc. Thanks, Scott Scott <NoSpam-Scott.Xe@GMail.com> wrote: > I need to move all my email accounts of Outlook 2003 on my old pc to > a new pc. copied the file Outlook.pst to the new pc and retrive all > data except the email accounts. Can someone advise me how to move > the email account to the new pc. The Office Save My Settings wizar...

Exchange 2000 Keeps Sending the same Mail each time the Server is Restarted.... !
Hi Folks; I'm running Exchange 2000 and I recently sent out email to 5,600 people that belong to my website. The problem is, each time I re-start the server it sends out all those emails - again. I've re-started the server 4 times now over the last few weeks (due to Windows Updates etc) and each time it sends the same emails to the same 5,600 people. Needless to say, people are starting to wonder about me ;-) Does anyone know what would cause Exchange 2000 to do this? Thanks! Marvin Hi, Look in the SMTP queue folder to see if the message is saved there. Leif "Marvin Mill...

Safe sendershould not go to junk mail
Hi, I have an web application sends email, I found outlook 2003 puts the emails to the junk mail folder if multiple emails were sent within a short period of time, about 1 minute. The initial one was ok went to inbox, while the followings went to junk mail. but if the gap between multiple emails sent time was longer, the problem went away. (each one went to inbox). This only happened for outlook 2003, not for outlook xp. The sender address is in the global address list, with the same domain with all my users. (so I think it qualified as safe sender.) Question: How can I turn off this filt...