Can�t open some mail in Exchange 2003

Hi!

I�m using exchange 2003 and Outlook 2000 and 2003 I have some mail that I
can�t open, I get the error "Can�t open this item, The operation failed." I
can view, delete or take backup on the mails.

I have tried to resote an old backup, the I get two mails with the exact
same name, I can open the restored mail, but still not the orginal.

How can I delete the bad mails? Is their a tool to check all the mailboxes
for errors in Exchange 2003.

Best regards

Joakim
Sweden

0
Fisk77 (1)

ISINTEG will help you. Make sure that you have usable backup before you start.

Jocke wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I�m using exchange 2003 and Outlook 2000 and 2003 I have some mail that I
> can�t open, I get the error "Can�t open this item, The operation failed." I
> can view, delete or take backup on the mails.
>
> I have tried to resote an old backup, the I get two mails with the exact
> same name, I can open the restored mail, but still not the orginal.
>
> How can I delete the bad mails? Is their a tool to check all the mailboxes
> for errors in Exchange 2003.
>
> Best regards
>
> Joakim
> Sweden

0
kpalagin1 (1216)
5/11/2004 12:26:51 PM
Try to use SHIFT+Del in OWA.

0
srdjan.m (6)

Can�t receive mail
I have an Exchange2003 e-mail server and when I�m using my server as Open Relay server (which I do not) I�m getting all e-mails that others send me. When I choose "Only the list below" in Relay Restrictions options server does not receive mail from outside.Sender get this message: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for example@mydomain.com Any solutions? Make sure your domain name where you want to receive email from the internet is in your recipient policy list. "Mickey M" <noemail@noemail.com> wrote in message news:SCdHb.55$Rw6.34@read3.inet.fi... > I have an Exchan...

How to remove a data-damaged PO from Open to closed?
Using Dynamics 10 We have a PO from 2008 that has been received, posted, invoiced out etc BUT is still showing OPEN - there is missing data on this PO. All it shows is the PO#, an incorrect date of 7/24/09 (when it was issued in 2008 and all material received in 2008). We have tried to reconcile/remove this document to no avail. We have done the utilities on it and we always get the following messages: "Purchase Order Processing data has been damaged; please rebuild the data" We no longer care about this data - we just want it removed. All information that pert...

Money 2006 will not open files
I just installed 2006 (it removed 2005). When it tries to open any file - my converted 2005 file, or the Smaple file or a new file) it fails with an error saying that "try my call later" and something about financial instituition. Then it sends an error report to MS and restarts itself. Net effect -- I think I just wasted my time and money. Help..... I am having the same exact error when trying to import a Microsoft Money 2002 backup file. Nothing that I have tried works at all. "shannu" wrote: > I just installed 2006 (it removed 2005). When it tries to open a...

Outlook--Trouble opening files
I had my computer worked on by an authorized dealer of HP and asked them to back up my outlook folders as they had business information on them. Now I cannot open these files on the system. Help!! What version of Outlook? Have you tried calling them and asking them to restore the files? Does this page help: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Sonia"...

Re: Access 2007 or 2003 with Vista performance slow
Disregard my last statement about A2003 performance. With my laptop disconnect from the network, I get the same excellent performance with A2003 and SS2005 as on Windows XP Pro. It is A2007 that will not perform. If you have any ideas, please let me know. Thanks, Charax "Charax" <chris@NOSPAMparthia.com> wrote in message news:... > Glad to have confirmation it isn't just my installation. Unfortunately, > I'm on a road trip and unable to use my database and only have access to > slow dial-up connections. > > Are you using SQL Server 2005 and A2007...

populate upon opening #2
Is there a way to add a keyboard short cut to reopen box as needed -- Db171 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Db1712's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1591 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27448 ...

Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2000 Administration
Here is my dilema, we recently added a new server running Server 2003 and Exchange 2003 to our existing Small Business Server 2000 network. We migrated all accounts over to thr 2k3 server and made it the Primary Domain Controller. Our client machines use a mix of Win 2k and Win XP. When they get new email they get notification with either a ding or a pop-up but when they open their Inbox the new mail is not there untill they click on "Send/Receive". They claim they didn'y have to do that before. Any suggestions? If posted correctly your setup then its amazing you are runn...

Problem opening a pdf file in outlook e-mail attachment
I use outlook 2000 e-mail. When I try to open a pdf attachment it looks like the adobe acrobat reader is not linked. I in a a note pad instead of the acrobat reader. Is there a link I have overlooked. I just updated to acrobat reader6.0. Any help will be appreciated. Tony ...

Count Workbooks that are open; Prevent another from opening
I’m running the code from here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291295/EN-US/ That works great if I get into the Sub and hit F5! Now, I’m trying to think of a way I can modify this slightly so as to prompt a user that the WB is already open if they try to open the file again. The file will be saved back to SharePoint and I want to make sure there is ONE SINGLE incidence of this Excel WB open at a time (it’s fine if several other WBs are open). Basically, I don’t want someone to open the file, do some work, walk away, forget that it’s open, and try to open it again (from Shar...

Track outbound mail in CRM4
I would like to setup our system so all outbound email send through outlook will be tracked in CRM. We are using CRM 4, and have the Email Router setup, so this is tracking all inbound email, but users have to click the track in CRM for outbound email, we would like all mail to be tracked in CRM without them having to click this. One option I have seen metioned is to forward a copy of all outbound email to the CRM Email Router account, which would probably work, but I can not find any way to forward all outbound email to this account. In Rules in outlook the only option is to cc to thi...

Removing link requests when opening a file
How do you remove link request to other spreadsheets when opening a file. Thanks! Try Bill Manville's excellent "FindLink" utility It's available at Stephen Bullen's page: http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/Default.htm -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond in thread xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Craig" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5aa401c48128$9e0ca400$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do you remove link request to other spreadsheets when > opening a file. > > Thanks! ...

Opening CRM 3.0 in full screen browser
Hi, When I am opening the CRM in browser mode it is opening as a site in the browser (I can see the address bar) and not as an web application (full screen). Why is it happening in some clients and how it can be fixed ? Thanks in advance, Eddie This is controlled in the web.config on the web server. There is a setting for app mode that needs to be set to On/ -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Eddie" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD80F65E-A047-4BFB-8079-B4FF45A7F0BE@microsoft.com... Hi, When I am opening the CRM in browser mode it is op...

Open IE8 from Link
I know this is an old one, but cannot find a solution by Googling ...... Start IE8 by shortcut it starts maximised - OK. However, if I click a link, IE opens in a small window. Drives me nuts. I've tried resizing, then close or exit while holding Ctrl or Shift, nothing works. It seems to have started after an Update, but I'm not sure. (IE 8.0.6001.18702 on XP SP3) TIA Pedro Hi Pedro, Its your IE8 tabs and popup blocker settings. Tools>Internet Options - General tab, Tabs section, Settings button. enable When a popup is encountered... "Let...

my client can't open attachement of my mail
Dear All: One of my client told me they can't open my PDF attachment through windows live mail. They also told me this only happens to my mail and they can open attachment properly from other company; and moreover, almost all the recipient can open my attachment but only above mentioned company can't open it. I feel strange whether me or the company may cause this problem? Below is the error message told from the company, that can't open my pdf file as I said: Adobe reader could not open.....pdf because it is either not a supported file type or because the file...

Clip Gallery won't open on Mac
I am running Mac OS 9.2.1 Office 2001 I have used Clip Gallery several times and all of a sudden it won't open. I've tried Word, Excel and PowePoint. I go to Insert then Picture then Clip Art and the screen flashes like it is loading but immediately quits. I have installed the 9.0.4 update but that didn't help. I've reinstalled Clip Gallery and restarted my computer and it still won't work. Any ideas? Thanks, S Parker In article <b6852783.0312101332.2beb99ef@posting.google.com>, sherip@pippeoria.com (S Parker) wrote: > I am running Mac OS 9.2.1 > Offic...

delivery notes for e-mail in outlook 2003
I want to send a e-mail and I want a delivery note from that person if they have read it.How do I do that? Request a read receipt. There's some info here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/192929/en-us Note that users can deny the return of receipts. "Marthinus" <Marthinus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D35BB32-C3EB-42DA-A9B1-3871B8482115@microsoft.com... >I want to send a e-mail and I want a delivery note from that person if they > have read it.How do I do that? ...

Trying to add a field in the "Select Names" box when sending mail
Hi, I am trying to add a field in the "Select Names" box when sending email. I click on the To button and the dialog box opens up. Then I select the "Public address book" in the "Show Names from" drop down list and I cannot view the company field in there. All the fields I see are Name, Display Name, Email Address, and Email Type. Is there a way to put another field in there? I use Outlook 2003 on a WinXP machine with Exchange Server. Thank you. No, it is not possible to customize the Select Names dialog. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of ...

how to open excel 2003 by default?
I have both 2007 and 2003 installed. I need to open 2003 by default. Even if i choose open with and browse to excel 2003 - when I double click the excel file - excel 2007 opens. Very annoying. How can i fix this? Stacey This may not have the effect you want as it is seldom possible to get side by side installations working perfectly. Particularly things like help. Try running detect and repair from XL2003 help and supply the CD if asked, making sure you select 'restore my shortcuts' in the start-up dialog -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodge...

What replaces Frontpage 2003 in Office 2007?
I do not want to rewrite a Web site currently written and maintained using FrontPage 2003. Any suggestions now that FP 2003 is no longer supported and Office 2007 has no replacement. FP may not be supported, but there is no reason why you can't continue to use it like so many people do. The replacement is Expression Web, or, a program similar to FP is SharePoint Designer, which is a free download. "Ronandbreda" <Ronandbreda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4232BD86-86F1-4EE8-A2E0-8681236065D9@microsoft.com... :I do not want to rewrite a We...

Outlook 2003 RTF Messages
Hi Folks - I am working with a visually impaired person. Everything is done with the keyboard. When she receives an email in RTF format, she is unable to select and open the attachment using the keyboard. If we convert the messagage to Plain Text or HTML, then we can open the attachment. Does anyone know how to open an attachment with the keyboard when the message is in RTF format? Thanks. Michael ...

how to reset up mail
i can not get or send e-mail .comes up pop3 and http sends error My crystal ball is broke. Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "confused" <confused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2E8E673-5DEE-4A5F-B7D5-552ED26FA058@microsoft.com... >i can not get or send e-mail .comes up pop3 and http sends error Please provide the name of your email provider (a...

Exchange 2k3 public folder Store Database File Grows Unexpectedly
HI, I am running one Exchange 2k3 having 500 + mail boxes and three mail box store. Currently i am facing following problem.. Public folder store database file grows unexpectedly large. Growth rate of pub.edb file is 1 GB per day. Although their is nothing that we have published through public folder. i had gone though this KB815297 but it was for exchange 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;815297#XSLTH3123121123120121120120 Can any one help urgently. Sanjay Raval Looking at the public folder store, under Public Folder Instances, do any of these folders seem...

Kill Open Read Only Message on Open
I have a workbook that I want to run on a schedule after working hours. It has a Workbook_Open event that kicks off several macros. The problem is that when Windows Scheduler opens the workbook when I'm not here, a dialog opens stating that my personal.xls is read only. There will always be other workbooks and instances of Excel open and who knows which one will have read-write priveliges on personal.xls but i really don't care. How do I get Excel to ignore this prompt for personal.xls when I open this workbook (or any workbook for that matter)? Thanks. [Excel 2007; W...

SmartList Builder - Go To
I have created a SmartList similar to the SmartList that comes with GP9.0 called Receivings Line Transactions - Shipments Received but Not Invoiced*. When you double-click on a record in this SmartList, the Recevings Transaction Inquiry Zoom window appears and it is populated with the information for the record you selected. I want to this functionality to my SmartList. When I attempt to add this “Go To” to the SmartList that I created, the form does not open when I double-click on an entry in my SmartList. To see if I was doing this correctly, I was able to have it open the Vendor Mai...

CRM Small Business Edition running on Windows 2003 Server.
Hi all I would like to know if MS CRM Small Business edition will run on a standard Windows 2003 Server. I have SQL 2000 installed and running on a seperate server and could install SQL 2005 on another server if required. Any ideas as to getting CRM small business to run w/o installing Windows 2003 Small Business Server would be extremely appreciated. Thanks In Advance. Mark S. Mark, CRM 3.0 SBE will only install in Small Business Server. Mitch To my knowledge this cannot be done due to licence restrictions. To use the SBS edition of CRM it needs to run on SBS. The only possibili...