Can't login but services ok

Every day when we come in to the office and the services are running for
exchange but you can't login. When I restart all the services everything is
fine. I created a batch file to stop and restart the services but still have
the same problem. Can anyone suggest where I start to look.

Thanks

Glenn

0
Glenn

Check the Event Viewer on the Server for any related errors.  Run ExBPA
against your Exchange Server.  In Exchange System Manager or EMC make sure
the Mailbox Database is mounted when this happens.  What version of
Exchange?

--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA

"Glenn Clark" <glenn@clarkandfox.co.uk> wrote in message
> Every day when we come in to the office and the services are running for
> exchange but you can't login. When I restart all the services everything
> is
> fine. I created a batch file to stop and restart the services but still
> have
> the same problem. Can anyone suggest where I start to look.
>
> Thanks
>
> Glenn

0
John
11/12/2009 3:26:29 PM
On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 08:33:40 +0000, Glenn Clark
<glenn@clarkandfox.co.uk> wrote:

>Every day when we come in to the office and the services are running for
>exchange but you can't login. When I restart all the services everything is
>fine. I created a batch file to stop and restart the services but still have
>the same problem. Can anyone suggest where I start to look.
>
>Thanks
>
>Glenn
There ought to be something logged. If not you probably need to turn
logging up. The services might be started but did you check to see if
the store(s) are mounted?
The root cause is probably going to be backup or anti virus scan
related. What is the schedule on those operations?
0
Mark
11/12/2009 3:27:32 PM
Log in to what?
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"Glenn Clark" <glenn@clarkandfox.co.uk> wrote in message
> Every day when we come in to the office and the services are running for
> exchange but you can't login. When I restart all the services everything
> is
> fine. I created a batch file to stop and restart the services but still
> have
> the same problem. Can anyone suggest where I start to look.
>
> Thanks
>
> Glenn

0
Ed

Error After applying service pack3 on GP9
Hi, After applying sp3 on GP9. I get "a product installed on your computer is on a different version than database version. you will not be able to use the application until this issue is resolved. Use the GP_LoginErrors.log file in the temp directory to assist in resolving this issue." Eventually, I found the GP_loginErrors.log file This is what I see inside that file. Product Name: Microsoft Dynamics GP Database Version: 90114 Client Version: 90310 Product Name: FieldService Database Version: 90114 Client Version: 90294 Product Name: SmartList Data...

Sharepoint Services event 2424
This is SBS 2008. I'm getting this event ID. It reads, in part: "The update cannot be started because the content sources cannot be accessed. Fix the errors and try the update again" I've seen more than one fix for this but http://msmvps.com/blogs/cgross/archive/2009/03/29/sharepoint-search-amp-event-id-2436-errors-in-sbs-2008.aspx looks promising. Is it safe to try that? Also, although I can log on to Central Administration, I can't go anywhere in it because the credentials it's looking for are not any that I have used in setting up this box. Is it safe t...

OWA Login #8
I am having a problem with the OWA login. I have it all set up with a slash "\" in the domain field. I can log in with the username and password under Firefox with no problems. But, when I try to use IE, it continues to ask for login information. The username and password is not working. What do I have set wrong? Thanks for any help you can offer me. Jeff Jeff Grossman <jeff.nospam@stikman.com> wrote: >I am having a problem with the OWA login. I have it all set up with a >slash "\" in the domain field. I can log in with the username and >password u...

Exchange 2003 Domain Seperate from User Login Domain
DomainA = Windows 2000, one domain & DC. Users log into this one DomainB = Windows Server 2003, one domain & DC. Outlook is pointed to this one for mail *This is was setup this way to keep things seperate and to not modify the existing Windows 2000 domain Of course the users have to always type in their password to load up Outlook, because the Exchange domain is different from the domain that they log into Windows with. Besides this annoyance, any other problems that I could run into Thank you ....D Yes, if you have a password expiry policy on your 2003 domain the users may not b...

MONEY 2007 TRIAL More Service Pack 1 Issues
I can see from other threads that the MONEY 2007 SERVICE PACK 1 may have introduced more problems than it fixed... In my case following the Service Pack 1 installation MONEY 2007 will no longer connect directly to an institution's web site with it's internal browser - you can force it to use an external browser, however all attempts to browse within MONEY 2007 result in the old 'This program cannot display the webpage' page... I further suspect that MONEY 2007 may not even be able to update itself properly following SP1 - as it appears to be a connections or connectio...

SharePoint Services.
Hi, We are trying to do a migration of Sharepoint Services V2.0 from one server to another. Run smigrate to do a migration of the database and website, this appears to work, it backups and compresses all the files into a .fwp format. When we do a restore it becomes apparent that not everything has been backedup correctly. large chunks of the website are missing and no users or permissions have been transferred. The command i am using to back is smigrate.exe –w http://server/site –f C:\companywebbackup\companyweb.fwp -u user_name -pw password To restore smigrate.exe -r -...

Is user login ?
How can I check from service if user is logged to system? ...

Outlook Service pack 1 will not install
I have tried installing this upgrade both from Microsoft Update and as a stand alone download but I just get a message, after a long installation run, installation failed Any one have help on this -- Uncle John This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C83F66.247F8490 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Word 8 users This is the message I get towards the end of stand alone install of = Office 2007 SP1 Outlook Service pack 1 will not install " Word.Document.8\shell\edit not = wri...

CreateProcess fails in windows service
I'm creating a windows service using visual studio .Net. I have a server program that handles some network messages. I want to create a service that runs this server program when the computer starts. The program does have a UI, but I don't care about the UI (it does what I need it to do without any UI updating). In the OnStart() function, I basically have a call to CreateProcess() that runs my server. The service seemed to install fine. When I try to start the service in the visual studio Server Explorer, however, I get this error message: Couldn't perform the requested operation...

MS Money freezes at login
Hi, I've been using MS Money for about 4 years now and I have been using MS Money 2007 for over a year now but suddenly it is freezing every time I try to logon. It takes up about 97-100% of cpu which forces me to close it using task manager. I don't know why it is suddenly acting like this. I have tried reinstalling it with no luck. I normally synchronize my money files with my pocket pc using sbf finance pocket version (since money no longer offers pocket pc synchronization). Recently my pocket pc crashed so I had to reinstall all of its programs and it seems like that is whe...

How to Login
Hi To All, My application is jest create login id and password and store it in a file and using that id and password jest i have to login.For that I created one login dialog box before login iam creating a account means id and password which is storing in a file.It is running and storing in a file which i given as id and password. My problem is when iam using that id and pwd to enter it is taking as string and showing invalid. ...

CRM GP Adapter Discovery Service
We continue to get errors trying to populate the CRM Discovery Server address when running the CRM GP Adapter Configuration wizard. We have the right Domain, Deployment User and Password but based on the error above, it won't find the Organization. Any thoughts? Have you checked in the configuration utility's log for any more information on why it can't find the organizations? -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Old School" wrote: > We continue to get errors trying to populate the CRM Discovery Server add...

outlook and terminal services #3
Just a minor issue. Has anyone managed to configure Outlook using terminal services and be about to play a sound when recieving an incoming e-mail? I have checked the 'play a sound' option but it doesn't work. All other sounds work. Thanks T rad <rad@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<JwGWc.46608$pTn.37639@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>... > Just a minor issue. > > Has anyone managed to configure Outlook using terminal services and be > about to play a sound when recieving an incoming e-mail? I have checked > the 'play a sound' o...

Status of (service) contracts do not change
I created yesterday in service area 3 contracts, 2 with starting date yesterday last contract with starting date the day before, running time one year, invoice date starting from 1st of next month. All contracts includes relevant "details" like calculation address, contract positions, assignment. According to help of CRM, status of the contracts should automatically jump on "active", when contract starting time is reached, but even today it=B4s still on "draft". Has someone an idea, what can be the reason? Thanx G=F6khan ...

Do I have to use a specific e-mail service with Outlook?
Do I have to use a specific e-mail service with Outlook? From: "brad" <brad@discussions.microsoft.com> | Do I have to use a specific e-mail service with Outlook? Yes, the one that provides your email. :-) -- Dave http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp In article <EFC5FBFD-8147-414A-AF20-B527993F6730@microsoft.com>, brad@discussions.microsoft.com says... > > Do I have to use a specific e-mail service with Outlook? If you don't want to "do" email - then n...

Installing CRM on SBS2003 gives cannot register security services error
I am trying to install CRM 1.2 on a SBS2003 system that I have in a test lab and I get a cannot register security services error with a retry cancel and ignore buttons. Is this a know issue with a workaround that I missed in the documentation? Bill Walter ----- Bill Walter wrote: ----- I am trying to install CRM 1.2 on a SBS2003 system that I have in a test lab and I get a cannot register security services error with a retry cancel and ignore buttons. Is this a know issue with a workaround that I missed in the documentation? Bill Walter ...

XP Service Pack 2
Hi, My laptop has XP with service pack 2 but the Indic language support (Install files for complex script and right-to-left languages) is not enabled. If I check the box, the XP disk is required but I don't have a functional disk drive in my laptop. Is there a way to copy the files from the service pack two? I downloaded the service pack 2 from Microsoft website but it seems it can't be extracted. I searched fro a source that allows download of this particular set of files but don't find any. What I need is support for Indian languages. Can somebody help? Thanks in advanc...

Is there an Update on the Login Issue???
Haven't seen an update in many hours. Any news??? I need to run my financial life!!! >-----Original Message----- >Haven't seen an update in many hours. Any news??? I >need to run my financial life!!! >. >Me either. I can't believe it. I'v ben using Money for more than five years and never happen to me anything like this ...

CRM in the Service Industry.
Good Evening. I am looking for some advice on the capabilities of Microsoft CRM. We are a Microsoft Certified Partner looking at options for CRM. We have found many of our customers are beginning to investigate CRM solutions, however there appear to be no adequate solutions providers in our region. I have started investigating Microsoft CRM with several options in mind. 1) To up skill our own technicians to be capable of supporting and integrating CRM, with the view of also becoming a Business Solutions Partner. 2) Implementing CRM within our own internal systems to improve our own m...

Outlook 2003 indicates unread items at Win XP login
Underneath the Windows XP login icon is a meassage that indicates that I have 10 unread messages. After loggin in and going to Outlook 2003 - i do not see any unread messages.... This is an ugrade from Office XP to 2003. Any ides of how to correct this reporting error? ...

Exchange Services #2
In the Services, Microsoft Exchange Event is failed to start even if we tried to manually start the service. What can we do about it and How? You can take a look in App Event log, if you do use Events service. jhon wrote: > In the Services, Microsoft Exchange Event is failed to start even if we tried to manually start the service. What can we do about it and How? -- Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain. http://spf.pobox.com ...

Where's the Services... dialog?
I got a problem. My drive died and when I reinstalled Outlook 2000 the Tools->Services... item has changed to Tools->Accounts and I can't use that. I have to set up different profiles including different mail servers and personal folders because I run several email bots whose mail absolutely must be kept separate from mine. How do I get Services back? -SHAWN- You need to change modes (you want corporate/workgroup and not internet mail only mode). More info on how to do is here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/choosingmode.htm "Shawn Fessenden" <shawn@testech-lt...

exchange 2k3 ssl+fba fails vs no ssl login ok
good morning i am in trouble !! i have reset the exchange 2k3 strucuture in iis and now this is the situation : if i enforce ssl, opening https://myserver/exchange goes to the standard login page but the credentials are not accepted withou ssl, i get a standard browser pop for credentials and the login is validated how can i fix this ? thank you Pedro Leite From Portugal With SBS 2003 its best to let the CEICW setup OWA etc. and not try to do it manually. "Pedro M. Leite" <pleite@cimbo.com> wrote in message news:O4yc5LzXHHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > good mornin...

Login failes
Has anyone received an answer on how to get into money 2004 yet? I really would like to see what balance I have. Called help line, was told 2004 is no longer supported by MSN. I have been told many thing by the "technichians", none of which are correct. They don't seem to care and are opening themselves to bad PR and possible legal action. If you look at my posts in UK Money 2004 login fails you will see I can demonstrate that it is nothing wrong with our PC's (caching etc) It has to do with the Money web page updates on Dec 17th that locked us all out of our d...

OWA form login to Exchange 2000
Hi all! Does anyone know how to use a webpage form login to Exchange 2000 OWA rather than the popup login box that appears? I've looked around for a solution but came up empty. I'm sure there has to be a way, right? "Keith Walsh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all! >Does anyone know how to use a webpage form login to Exchange 2000 OWA rather than the popup login box that appears? I've looked around for a solution but came up empty. I'm sure there has to be a way, right? I haven't seen a commercial or freeware one around. I supp...