Can't forward to an external email address...

We have a user that uses his external AOL account as well as his company
email account. He has asked me to forward all company mail to his external
AOL account. I figured I'd be able to just go into the delivery options on
the "Exchange General" tab for his user profile and forward to the
appropriate address. However, you cannot enter just any address in there, it
forces you to select an address from the directory - of course his AOL
address is not there. Is there an easy way to forward all mail from his
internal account to an external account?

I tried creating a rule on his Outlook client but he uses Terminal Services
and for some reason the rule can't be saved on the Exchange server. This is
why I thought I'd set it up the other way.

Thanks,

Brad

What if you created a "contact" in AD.  This would show up in the Global
Address List, and you should be able to pick this contact as the forwarding
address

--
Nicholas Basile(MSFT)
nicbas@online.microsoft.com

Please do not send email directly to this alias is for newsgroup purposes
only!.

"Brad Pears" <donotreply@notreal.com> wrote in message
> We have a user that uses his external AOL account as well as his company
> email account. He has asked me to forward all company mail to his external
> AOL account. I figured I'd be able to just go into the delivery options on
> the "Exchange General" tab for his user profile and forward to the
> appropriate address. However, you cannot enter just any address in there,
it
> forces you to select an address from the directory - of course his AOL
> address is not there. Is there an easy way to forward all mail from his
> internal account to an external account?
>
> I tried creating a rule on his Outlook client but he uses Terminal
Services
> and for some reason the rule can't be saved on the Exchange server. This
is
> why I thought I'd set it up the other way.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brad

0
nicbas (128)
4/13/2004 5:57:41 PM
Excellent!!!  Never thought of that. Appreciate the response!

Brad

"Nicholas Basile(MSFT)" <nicbas@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What if you created a "contact" in AD.  This would show up in the Global
> Address List, and you should be able to pick this contact as the
forwarding
> address
>
> --
> Nicholas Basile(MSFT)
> nicbas@online.microsoft.com
> Microsoft PSS
>
> Please do not send email directly to this alias is for newsgroup purposes
> only!.
rights.

> "Brad Pears" <donotreply@notreal.com> wrote in message
> > We have a user that uses his external AOL account as well as his company
> > email account. He has asked me to forward all company mail to his
external
> > AOL account. I figured I'd be able to just go into the delivery options
on
> > the "Exchange General" tab for his user profile and forward to the
> > appropriate address. However, you cannot enter just any address in
there,
> it
> > forces you to select an address from the directory - of course his AOL
> > address is not there. Is there an easy way to forward all mail from his
> > internal account to an external account?
> >
> > I tried creating a rule on his Outlook client but he uses Terminal
> Services
> > and for some reason the rule can't be saved on the Exchange server. This
> is
> > why I thought I'd set it up the other way.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Brad

Then "hide" the contact under exchange advanced on the propoerites dialogue.

Michael

> Excellent!!!  Never thought of that. Appreciate the response!
>
> Brad
>
> "Nicholas Basile(MSFT)" <nicbas@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > What if you created a "contact" in AD.  This would show up in the Global
> > Address List, and you should be able to pick this contact as the
> forwarding
> > address
> >
> > --
> > Nicholas Basile(MSFT)
> > nicbas@online.microsoft.com
> > Microsoft PSS
> >
> > Please do not send email directly to this alias is for newsgroup
purposes
> > only!.
> rights.
> >
> > "Brad Pears" <donotreply@notreal.com> wrote in message
> > > We have a user that uses his external AOL account as well as his
company
> > > email account. He has asked me to forward all company mail to his
> external
> > > AOL account. I figured I'd be able to just go into the delivery
options
> on
> > > the "Exchange General" tab for his user profile and forward to the
> > > appropriate address. However, you cannot enter just any address in
> there,
> > it
> > > forces you to select an address from the directory - of course his AOL
> > > address is not there. Is there an easy way to forward all mail from
his
> > > internal account to an external account?
> > >
> > > I tried creating a rule on his Outlook client but he uses Terminal
> > Services
> > > and for some reason the rule can't be saved on the Exchange server.
This
> > is
> > > why I thought I'd set it up the other way.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Brad

Printing Attachments with Email Messages
When I select email messages (with attachments) to print, all the email messages are printed first and then all the attachments together. I have to go back and try to figure out which attachment goes with which email message. Is there a way for it to print message/attachment/message/attachment so that the attachment is right after the message to which it applies? ...

I'm new to Outlook and cannot send or receive email. Please help
Hi. I have tried to set up my email in Outlook. I used the import function and then clicked test account settings and got this error message: Find incoming mail server (POP3): Outlook could not connect to the incoming mail server (POP3). The problem could be the server name or port, or your server may not support SSL. Verify your port and SSL settings in More Settings under the Advanced tab. I checked the port and SSL settings in another email program I have that works and they match, so I'm not sure what is wrong. Does your server require SSL? Does it work without that settin...

Display name in sending email from CRM 4.0
We are using CRM 3.0 before. When email is sent from CRM 3.0 client, the From: email address is resolved to "CRM User's display name". We have just upgraded to CRM 4.0. CRM 4.0 uses the format xxx@yyyy.com as From in sending email. Is there a way to display the "display name" as "From" instead of actual email address? Thanks. JoF "JoF" wrote: > We are using CRM 3.0 before. When email is sent from CRM 3.0 client, the > From: email address is resolved to "CRM User's display name". We have just > upgraded to CRM 4.0. CR...

REPLY AS who email was TO.
"User A" recieves "User B". That is emails sent to "User B" are being forwarded to "User A". "User A" also has permissions to "Send on behalf" of "User B". When "User A" replys to an email that was addressed to "User B", it appears to come from "User A" unless he manually selects the reply to be from "UserB". How can I make ANY replys to "User B"'s emails appear to come from "User B" WITHOUT User A having to manually change the default? (Ofcoarse, when &...

Allow some users to send Internet email only to certain domains
I have a certain class of users that need the ability to send Internet email only to a certain client's email domain. Is there a way to allow them to send Internet email to this one domain yet prevent the ability to send to any other domain. This class of users should have unrestricted access to send email to internal users. I have used the process outlined on MSExchange to prevent this class of user from sending and receiving any Internet email with success but I need to allow access to just this one domain. I also have a class of users that need the ability to send to any email...

External distribution list
Hi All Is there a way to create an external distribution group aside from having to create an individual user account under AD. I don’t see this as the best option, especially with the numerous clients we have on file. Thanks in advance. Regards Paul Hi Paul, Are you running Exchange 2000/2003, if so you just need to create a contact in Active Directory Users & Computers (ADUC) for each external user, then create distribution group/s and make the contacts members of the relevant distribution group/s. Here is the MS KB article on the subject: http://support.microsoft.com/defau...

Change the order in which Internet email accounts are checked
Hi all, The closest thing I can find in the help file says: In the Address Book, click the Tools menu, and then click Accounts. Click the Directory Service tab. Click Set Order. Click a directory service, and then click Move Up or Move Down. Seems simple enough, except that I want to change the order in which MAIL accounts are checked (I don't even know what these "directory services" are) and the "Set Order" button always seems to be grayed out when I click the "Mail" tab. Any suggestions? Outlook 2000, on Win98. Thanks, John Nasta Responding to m...

Send Page by email results in kanji characters in Outlook 2007
A user running IE8 selects the "Send Page By E-Mail" option in IE8. When Outlook 2007 opens, the page contents look like they have been translated into Kanji characters. This in on an XP desktop computer ...

Email Notifications #3
I have set up an Exchange 2003 Server and everything works fine, but I have complaints that the email notification in the Web Outlook Access is not working for AD users. It works for admin accounts but not a standard user, do they need to be in a certian group in order for it to work for them. It does work for them as long as the Outlook Web Access window is maximized and on top of everthing else. On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 23:30:04 -0800, New email notifications in OWA <New email notifications in OWA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have set up an Exchange 2003 Server and everyt...

HowTo:Deliver emails(as .msg) to network folder directly from Exch
Need to deliver emails as their native .msg file with embedded attachments directly from Exchange Server 2003 to a DFS location without having to run an Outlook application instance. E.g. : External email sent > email received into Exchange > Exchange delivers to \\server\share\folder. File/Name is then \\server\share\folder\email.msg in Explorer. Many thanks!! ...

Send Direct Email button not appearing.
Hi, I have installed the CRM for Outlook client on a number of user's machines. For some reason, the buttons to send direct emails from contacts / accounts pages does not appear for a few users. I have painstakingly checked as many options etc. that I can find to see where any rights are different, but they all seem to have the same rights. Does anyone know if there are any specific rights / settings in CRM or Outlook that will allow a user to use these buttons? Many thanks, Padraig Does anyone know the easiest way to get in touch with MS to ask a technical question directly?...

cache addresses
Hello all, We've upgraded from EX5.5 to EX03 and we changed our SMTP address. Now when our users goes to send an email cache email addresses comes up with the old SMTP address. Is there a way to delete the cached addresses at one time instead of individually? Garry If you're talking about the *.NK2 cache then just hit the keyboard delete key or delete the *.nk2 for completely wiping the file. Make sure Outlook is closed if you go down this route. "Garry Holton" <gholton1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23Ju2WuZoFHA.2904@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello ...

Cloning objects between workbooks without external reference
hi, Is that possible to make it manually or via VBA to clone (copy) whole different objects (for example charts, sheets) that will copy all the data and formatting but WITHOUT the external links? Sometimes I need to duplicate a formula of a chart in the new workbook and if I copy if it will keep reference to the external original workbook. I'd like to keep the format and all the references, but to keep the references local in the new workbook. The time consuming solution is to modify all the series on such a chart manually, but I believe in the better and faster solution. Thanks in ad...

Automatic Forwarding, and Reply
We are implementing a new policy for handling users who leave the company. The policy states that when a person is terminated, all of his/her email will be forwarded to their direct supervisor. We will then auto-respond to the sender to notify them that the person no longer works with our company, and give them an alternate contact. I need a solution that uses Exchange 2003 to setup a rule that both forwards messages, and responds to the user who sent the original message. Is there a way to do this in Exchange 2003? It makes sense to me that it would be some type of Server based rule, ...

Moving email from one computer to another 02-11-10
I am trying to move my old email (Windows Mail on Vista) to my new computer which is running Windows Live Mail on Windows 7. I've tried numerous ways to make this work by looking at previous posts but I'm having no luck. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. ...

Email address being impersonated
I am have users complain from users that are receiving email send failures from emails they have not sent. the email come back from the "system admin" showing From: "being a legitimate email address of my users" To: "multiple address that don't exist" What is going on here? Can I stop my users legitimate email address from being "impersonated"? Let me try this again using words that are coherent I have users receiving email "send' failure notices by emails they have not sent. the email come back from the "system admin" sho...

column with emails
hello,please tell me how to convert one column with email adreses to one continuous sequence which I could put into outlook to send my message to all people who adresses I have (its not any spam!) Regards S dont use difficult to understand technical words if you can, I'm not well in english ;) Say your names are in A1:A25 Insert a new column B in A2, type this formula: =a1&";"&a2 Then in B3, type this formula: =B2&";"&A3 Drag it down through B25 Check your email program to see what separator you use. (I used a semicolon.) Then copy B25 and pas...

Help with finding the email sender's originial IP address
I received this email f rom China. It appears to be from a scammer in Beijing. I would like to find the sender's original IP address. The copy of the internet header for the email message (received in Outlook07) is as follows. There are five "received from" lines. I am wondering which one is to use idetify the sender's IP address.. I am using Outlook 2007 and Windows 7. Jorge *************************** Return-path: <xxxxxxx@zzzzz.net> Envelope-to: aaa@bbbb Delivery-date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 22:31:48 -0400 Received: from impinc01.yourhostingaccount....

Help!!! User Administration errors
I have posted this before but have had zero responses. I really need to find a fix for this so would gratefully receive any help/suggestions. _____________________________________________________________ I have an issue where my delegated helpdesk staff cannot amend existing smtp addresses or add new ones to an existing account. Our setup is Windows 2003 SP1 AD and Exchange 2003 SP2 (on Win 2K3 SP1). They have delegated permissions on AD on the users and have Exchange View Only Administrator permissions on Exchange. They can create new mailbox enabled user accounts ok. They can chang...

Auto completed address's
How does one remove the memorized address previously typed into the TO: field of Outlook?? There is no address book nor is there a contact list. I want to delete an incorrect address and one that no longer exists. Thanks. -- Remember.., Take time to smell the flowers! use the arrow key to select it when it comes up and press Del to remove it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscri...

Email Images
When I receive approved commercial messages with embedded images (logos, etc.) Outlook blocks the images and the areas with the embedded images have a message to click here to download image blocked by Outlook. This has always worked well since I installed Outlook 2003 2 yrs ago--until 2 days ago. Now when I click the area as directed by the Outlook, the directions to click disappear, but the images no longer download, leaving a blank space. Any way to correct this? It is important to download the embedded images when I am saving and printing receipts. ...

Remove quotation marks in address book?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop I know why they're there. I stumbled around exporting and importing from Outlook in a CSV format -- that was before I found out about O2M. If they can't help me, I would like to edit the address book, e.g., find all &quot; and replace with nothing. If that's possible, how do I do it? Thanks. On 3/27/10 3:28 PM, BudVitoff@officeformac.com wrote: > I would like to edit the address book, e.g., find all " and replace with > nothing. If that's possible, how do I do it? Thanks....

IE8 doesn't respond to clicks on links in Yahoo emails
On my new Acer Aspire One 532 netbook I have Win7 and IE8. Whilst IE8 usuallly loads and browses web pages OK, for some reason it refuses to respond to clicks on links embedded in Yahoo emails. I read elsewhere that this is due to the installation of IE8 not registering various dlls. Apparently some MVPs have written a script to do this. On my Qosmio laptop I have XP sp3 and have no problem with IE8 at all. Please can someone advise. Thank you. CJB. Is it a Win7 64-bit computer? What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti...

Signature on Forwards as Attachments
In Outlook 2003, I have a user who has her Outlook configured to automatically insert a signature on all emails, even replies and forwards. She also has it set so that when she forwards an email, it forwards it as an attachment. She does not have Word set as her email editor. When she forwards an email, the signature does not automatically show up. Any ideas why? These are all options in Outlook. You need to spend a few minutes using the TOOLS | OPTIONS menu and "tweeking" your settings. Example: Open Outlook Select the TOOLS menu Select the OPTIONS menu Sele...

add email address to a list of names
I have a list of names, 1st column has last name, 2nd column has first name and I know what the email address would be for each person: example would be like Smith_John@nowhere.com. How do I add a column that would be a email address of each of the different people Hi biochemist Try this formula =HYPERLINK("mailto:" & A1 & B1&"@something.com") -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "biochemist" <biochemist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27D3FA43-B372-4C33-A029-796788903128@microsoft.com... >I have a list...