Can't forward to an external email address...

We have a user that uses his external AOL account as well as his company
email account. He has asked me to forward all company mail to his external
AOL account. I figured I'd be able to just go into the delivery options on
the "Exchange General" tab for his user profile and forward to the
appropriate address. However, you cannot enter just any address in there, it
forces you to select an address from the directory - of course his AOL
address is not there. Is there an easy way to forward all mail from his
internal account to an external account?

I tried creating a rule on his Outlook client but he uses Terminal Services
and for some reason the rule can't be saved on the Exchange server. This is
why I thought I'd set it up the other way.

Thanks,

Brad

What if you created a "contact" in AD.  This would show up in the Global
Address List, and you should be able to pick this contact as the forwarding
address

--
Nicholas Basile(MSFT)
nicbas@online.microsoft.com

Please do not send email directly to this alias is for newsgroup purposes
only!.

"Brad Pears" <donotreply@notreal.com> wrote in message
> We have a user that uses his external AOL account as well as his company
> email account. He has asked me to forward all company mail to his external
> AOL account. I figured I'd be able to just go into the delivery options on
> the "Exchange General" tab for his user profile and forward to the
> appropriate address. However, you cannot enter just any address in there,
it
> forces you to select an address from the directory - of course his AOL
> address is not there. Is there an easy way to forward all mail from his
> internal account to an external account?
>
> I tried creating a rule on his Outlook client but he uses Terminal
Services
> and for some reason the rule can't be saved on the Exchange server. This
is
> why I thought I'd set it up the other way.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brad

0
nicbas (128)
4/13/2004 5:57:41 PM
Excellent!!!  Never thought of that. Appreciate the response!

Brad

"Nicholas Basile(MSFT)" <nicbas@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What if you created a "contact" in AD.  This would show up in the Global
> Address List, and you should be able to pick this contact as the
forwarding
> address
>
> --
> Nicholas Basile(MSFT)
> nicbas@online.microsoft.com
> Microsoft PSS
>
> Please do not send email directly to this alias is for newsgroup purposes
> only!.
rights.

> "Brad Pears" <donotreply@notreal.com> wrote in message
> > We have a user that uses his external AOL account as well as his company
> > email account. He has asked me to forward all company mail to his
external
> > AOL account. I figured I'd be able to just go into the delivery options
on
> > the "Exchange General" tab for his user profile and forward to the
> > appropriate address. However, you cannot enter just any address in
there,
> it
> > forces you to select an address from the directory - of course his AOL
> > address is not there. Is there an easy way to forward all mail from his
> > internal account to an external account?
> >
> > I tried creating a rule on his Outlook client but he uses Terminal
> Services
> > and for some reason the rule can't be saved on the Exchange server. This
> is
> > why I thought I'd set it up the other way.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Brad

Then "hide" the contact under exchange advanced on the propoerites dialogue.

Michael

> Excellent!!!  Never thought of that. Appreciate the response!
>
> Brad
>
> "Nicholas Basile(MSFT)" <nicbas@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > What if you created a "contact" in AD.  This would show up in the Global
> > Address List, and you should be able to pick this contact as the
> forwarding
> > address
> >
> > --
> > Nicholas Basile(MSFT)
> > nicbas@online.microsoft.com
> > Microsoft PSS
> >
> > Please do not send email directly to this alias is for newsgroup
purposes
> > only!.
> rights.
> >
> > "Brad Pears" <donotreply@notreal.com> wrote in message
> > > We have a user that uses his external AOL account as well as his
company
> > > email account. He has asked me to forward all company mail to his
> external
> > > AOL account. I figured I'd be able to just go into the delivery
options
> on
> > > the "Exchange General" tab for his user profile and forward to the
> > > appropriate address. However, you cannot enter just any address in
> there,
> > it
> > > forces you to select an address from the directory - of course his AOL
> > > address is not there. Is there an easy way to forward all mail from
his
> > > internal account to an external account?
> > >
> > > I tried creating a rule on his Outlook client but he uses Terminal
> > Services
> > > and for some reason the rule can't be saved on the Exchange server.
This
> > is
> > > why I thought I'd set it up the other way.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Brad

Seconday email
Is there any way to email to a users secondary email address. When we select a user, there doesnt appear to be any way to specify which email is used. Ian ...

Email Woes
To Anyone that can Help: I recently had to help my cousin and completely reinstall WindowsXP on his home pc.After I got all up and running,I installed Spybot S&D,Ad-Aware,AVG anti-virus,and all is working well.But he never had set up his email account,so asked if I would.So,I set his up for him,and installed Incredimail,which I use with NO problems ever.Then from his pc,I sent an email to my home pc to test it to see if it worked.When I got home,I had received the email,but when I tried to reply back to him,he never got it,nor did it get returned as "Undeliverable". After a cou...

Clarification on Email templates
I just wanted to get clarification on the use of email templates. Can templates only be used when sending email to external users? Can they be used to help with internal process/workflow. For example, if I take a simple workflow scenario like when a new Sales Order is created, use "X" template to send an internal email to accounting to notify them. I can only seem to get this to work only if there is an email address on the customer account record then CC: an internal user account. Am I missing something? Thanks for the help! ...

Forward from provider or forward from Hotmail?
I currently have my Comcast and Gmail forwarded to my Live account though my Live account. It is very slow to get email this way on my computer through Outlook. Does anyone else do this? Does anyone else not do this and have their mail forwarded from their provider to Hotmail, rather than having Hotmail handle the forward? Questions? Answers? Opinions? Thank you very much kind people, MHL MHL wrote: > I currently have my Comcast and Gmail forwarded to my Live account though my > Live account. It is very slow to get email this way on my computer through > Outlook. Does anyo...

Email layout changes when sent (font size/bold etc)
Hi, We have a problem with emails which layout are changed after being sent. * Formatting changes (normal text gets bold, underlined) * Font types changes (also standard fonts like arial) * Font sizes change (is increased, mostly from 10 to 12) It happens with whole sentences/paragraphs. * The email in the 'Sent items' is ok * Email received is not ok. Server: Exchange Server 2003 Sp2, Exchange Server 5.5 SP4/Faxination (to be retired). Clients : Outlook 2000, 2002 and 2003 (mostly 2002, 2003). We had this problem already in 2004 when we were still on Exchange 5.5 with Outlook 2000...

[HELP] Problems forwarding NDR reports to a Public Folder
I have a problem with Non Delivery Reports that tries to be sento topublic folder with mailbox, but only in a special condition. I think it is a permission problem, and I would have an help to solve it. This is the scenario: There are some USER MAILBOX, for example xxx@domain.com, for which I have set-up a *forward* to the address of a PUBLIC FOLDER with a mailbox called xxx1@domain.com. The Client Permissions in this public forder are: Default: contributor Anonymous: contributor Administrator: owner If user xxx@domain.com sends a mail to an existing server (for example hotmail), but to an...

Links to external images and printing the images
I am in the very beginning stages of developing a database for someone in sort of an HR function in our organization. She needs to be able to keep track of various employment qualifications - certification dates, drivers license status, etc. The tricky request she has given me is that she wants to click on a button/record/somesuch for an employee, and have it bring up the appropriate scanned image, such as a scan of the drivers' license, and then print it. I was thinking of using the attachments feature in Access 2007 (which i will be developing in), but saw that the attachment total for t...

Multi Users shared same external address
Hi All, My company has 10 staffs and all of them using Outlook 2003 and connected to Exchange 2003 server. Currently we are using Outlook 2003 for our internal mail. We also have a common external mail ( host by ISP ) and used by our manager. I intended to allow all the staffs can send mail using external mail address so that the recipient will see the mail is from our external address instead of internal address. I know that some of the third-party software can manage it. How about Exchange 2003 server? I would appreciate someone could guide me. Alan Lim Alan Lim wrote: > Hi All, >...

Sent emails appearing in inbox
Hello: How can I stop this? I recently installed Windows Mail with my Gmail account. Every email I send appears in my inbox. Does anyone know how to change settings so that I only see my new emails in the inbox with the correct number in parenthesis next to the Inbox folder? Currently the number of emails in the inbox reflects new emails plus those I send. Thank you in advance, Mary WYSIWYG when using IMAP to access the account. You want to switch to POP3 access. Mary Montanez wrote: > Hello: > > How can I stop this? > > I recently installed W...

forwarding emails between accounts in same AD Forest?
I am trying to setup a forwrding address for a user to forward to another mailbox of theirs which is in a different domain but same forest. I am selecting the account to forward to in the forward to box in the delivery options window in their AD account. But I am geting this error: A referral was returned from the server Facility: LDAP Provider ID no: 8007202b Microsoft Active Cirectory - Exchange Extension Any have any ideas on ways around this. Many thanks Does the account you're using to make this delegation have sufficient rights in the other domain to look up the alternate recip...

.forwards
When we used pine email we could easily set it up to send a copy of ALL emails received to another address automatically. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to do this in Outlook. For more explanation - our students are assigned email addresses like abc1234@ourschool.edu. Many would rather use their yahoo or hotmail account. They want ALL of their mail sent on to the other account. What directions do I give to them to make that happen? Thanks so much AC Outlook is a client, not a mail server. You'd need to set this up on your server, if you've really decided that this is wh...

outlok con't recognize the address
When i reinstalled the outlook . i can't send out the email with the Global Address. It shows that Microsoft doesn't recognize the address what is in the global address what error message do you get? Did you make a new profile? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.CO...

Forward Unopened messages?
I'm trying to cut down spam and don't want to open any spam emails. The FTC has an email address (uce@ftc.govsite) where you can forward spam emails that don't follow the regs or don't have opt-out options however when I forward the message Outlook opens it. Is there a way to forward the offending spam email as an attachment without opening it? Thanks Ted Ted <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm trying to cut down spam and don't want to open any > spam emails. The FTC has an email address > (uce@ftc.govsite) where you can forward...

bounce emails #2
Is it possible to bounce emails back to the sender so they think the email is no good which you can do in other email programmes. I am getting emails that cannot be unsubscribed and I don't want to have to put them in junk email and then have to empty it all the time. "jenniw" <jenniw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF5B1E32-0272-4D2D-B6BD-1121A095593D@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to bounce emails back to the sender so they think the > email is > no good which you can do in other email programmes. I am getting > emails that > ca...

.Exchange being added to the SMTP address space. Can anyone PLEASE Help!
Hello, I'm really hoping someone can help me. I am having a very odd problem half way through a Lotus R5 to Exchange 2003 Migration. A bit of background on the environment: There are currently two Domino R5 Servers, let's call them domino1, and domino2. Domino1 is the Mail gateway, and domino2 has all the user mailboxes on it. The future environment, will consist of two exchange servers, let's call them exchange1, and exchange2. exchange1 is a front end server, and exchange2 is the backend server. I am in the middle of the migration, and have migrated three mailboxes already. We...

email sends YES, reply NO, forward NO
Subject: Re: NO forward or reply in outlookXP From: "Eileen" > Sent: 7/13/2003 2:40:08 PM My account server properties ARE set to authenticate. I CAN send email. What I CANNOT DO is REPLY to or FORWARD and email. The error pops up immediately upon clicking the SEND button...before it leaves my PC (or so it seems) >-----Original Message----- >Simple - you cannot send mail through a server to which you are not >connected "relaying denied." > >You need to set your account server properties to allow you to authenticate. > > >-- >...

Cannot Send EMail 03-30-10
Hello, I can send and receive email from Charter Communcations web site. I can receive email with Vista's Windows Mail. I cannot receive any emails. This is an unusual occurence as I have been using Windows Mail for a year now. Charter Comm. doesn't support Windows Mail and we have tried changing the outgoing mail server address. Nothing is working. The outgoing port is 25 for email. Any suggestions. Do you get an error message when you try to send? If so,=20 right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply = here. We can't do much troubles...

Exchange generates randome e-mail addresses
Hi, within the active directory some users on our Small Business Server 2003 are getting extra email addresses generated for them. All the email addresses that appear start with john - and example being john10ce8d@domain.com. We do have a user on the network called John. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the Exchange server itself, or the copy of Outlook (2003) on the client machine. Some users have now got upwards of 100 randomly created addresses. All antivirus software on the server and clients is up to date. Any ideas? Many thanks Andy "Andy" <Andy@discussio...

Spam filter blocked email
I have a Exchange 2003 server and we are running Symantec Enterprise anti virus edition. I activated the spam filtering with RBL on the Symantec software and all my incoming emails were sent back to the sender as blocked. My question is do I still have a copy of them somewhere on my Exchange server? On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 16:32:02 -0800, "fizhon61" <fizhon61@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a Exchange 2003 server and we are running Symantec Enterprise anti >virus edition. I activated the spam filtering with RBL on the Symantec >software and all my incoming ...

Send a worksheet to an open email
Hi Forum, Is there a way of sending an Excel sheet as an attachment to an email in Outlook that is already open. I have read through the forum and all replies seem to open a new email and then make the attachment, I need to do it the other way around if possible. Many thanks in advance. Graham If you have already looked at Ron's site, then I don't know where else to look. http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm "Graham F" <GrahamF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF8577CF-D580-40EE-B85D-33E01808E408@microsoft.com... > Hi Forum, ...

Exporting Email #2
Good Morning. Does anyone here in geekland know how to export a good three years of email to a disk? I want to put them on my other machine, but I've got no idea where to find them. Thanks in advance, Azul Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Azul Funk asked: | Good Morning....

Signature not displayed in reply/forward
I've tried to search for a similar answers but can't quite find anything. I've set up an HTML signature for new emails, forwards and replies. All works fine until an inbound RTF email arrives and the signature doesn't appear in reply or forward automatically. I've checked the settings, I even tried the internet format conversion to HTML format for replies to inbound RTF. In message format I have both 'Use in MS Office Word 2003 to edit email messages' and 'Use MS Office Word 2003 to read RT email messages' are ticked. It's happening ...

System Admin emails in wrong language
I have a feeling I've been here before but can't remember the resolution and am not seeing anything obvious in the KB or online. I have a user who has been getting several "Your mailbox is full" messages from the System Administrator, all in English as per our system config, and then today he gets one in French for some reason (from the Administrateur syst�me instead this time ;) Please tell me this is due to a client-side setting... Thanks, Phil Exchange 2003 SP1 on W2K3 SP1 Look at the language configuration on the client machine, and the language version of O...

PtReceiveNBL how to forward packet.
Hi, I'm had IM driver with 2 NICs. How do I forward a packet in PtReceiveNBL? What I'm trying to do is: If I receive a packet, I do checked if this packet for me I indicated it up. If it not for me I forward the packet on to another node. What I have tried and didn't work: duplicate the packet and used NdisSendNetBufferLists(pAdapt->BindingHandle, CurrentNetBufferList, PortNumber, SendFlags); to forward this packet. Can someone help me to get this wo...

Change Email Sent Address for Email Campaigns
We would like the ability to adjust the email senders email address on campaign emails. This would allow for replies to go into a queue instead of an individual. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/News...