can't expand public folders #3

I can not expand public folders in Exchange system manager. ESM hang
and never returns. The reason I want to expand the public folders i
due to some orphan folders that need to be removed and I want to chang
ownership to do so. Would really appreciate help from someone who know
how to correct these issues. Thanks, Bria

-
brian

Exchange 2003 Public Folder Replication?
I was wondering if you're supposed to replicate public folders to your front-end servers in an Exchange 2003 environment? I can't seem to find any information one way or the other. "Steven Behnke" <Steven Behnke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I was wondering if you're supposed to replicate public folders to your front-end servers in an Exchange 2003 environment? I can't seem to find any information one way or the other. No, don't make FE's replication partners to any PF. Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchan...

Is it normal for a pst file to expand when imported into an ost fi
I had a 2+GB pst file that when imported into my exchange cached environment grew to approximately 20GB. Of course this wreaked havoc on the user's mailbox, and I am now having synchronization and all kind of wierd problems. I guess my first question is, is it normal for a pst file to grow on import? Also, on that import, is it possible for the original pst file to become corrupt, or smaller after the import. I fear that I may have lost some messages in the import In news:88546C4E-0213-4C63-A237-DBF5280576B3@microsoft.com, BookerW <BookerW@discussions.microsoft.com> typ...

Outlook 2000-Probelm to move emails from inbox to Personal folder
Hi, We have MS Exchange 5.5 server & outlook 2000 setup. I am tring to move emails from inbox to personal folder & getting an error for move/copy. I tried to repaird pst file using scanpst.exe, but fail to solve this issue. Please let me know the solution for the same Thanks jignesh On 30 Apr 2004 08:42, "jignesh" <jt141974@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >We have MS Exchange 5.5 server & outlook 2000 setup. I am tring to move >emails from inbox to personal folder & getting an error for move/copy. > >I tried to repaird pst file using scanp...

Which Identities folders to keep in the MUD
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Have successfully installed and updated Office 2008 over 2004. In the Microsoft User Data folder there are now three Identities folders. Identities 388KB Office 2004 Identities 91MB Office 2008 Identities 94MB All seems well with 2008, so can I trash the 2004 Identities folder. And is the 388KB Identities folder a throwback to Word X, or Office X from long ago? Or what is it, please? "Identities" is for Outlook Express 5, a Classic application from before Entourage was released. If everything is working wit...

Expanding Folders #2
I have a Hotmail account that I read with Outlook 2003, but I can't figure out how to keep the "Hotmail" folder expanded so I can see the "inbox", "Deleted items," "junk email" and "sent items" sub-folders. Thanks in advance for your assistance tubbfan <tubbfan@excite.com> wrote: > I have a Hotmail account that I read with Outlook 2003, but I can't > figure out how to keep the "Hotmail" folder expanded so I can see the > "inbox", "Deleted items," "junk email" and "sent items...

Data Validation #3
I would like to prevent users of a spreadsheet from entering data into certain fields when they have made certain selections from a drop-down list. I have been looking at Visual Basic Help topics, and there are examples of data validation methods; however, when I copy the code (and modify it to my spreadsheet's needs), I am receiving compile errors "Named arguments not found." I am new to both Excel and Visual Basic; please help me. Let's say that if your name is in A1, you do not want anything entered in B1. Select B1 and Data>Validation>Settings tab>Allow&g...

outgoing messages are not saved in the Sent Folder
Although I have the Option "Save messages in the "Sent Folder" checked my outgoing emails are NOT being saved. I have Outlook 2010 using Windows 7 (x64). Does anyone have a suggestion? What type of email account? Do you have more than one sent items folder in your profile? -- "Desert Rob" <DesertRob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B520073D-802C-4713-AE83-30C22F37FF5C@microsoft.com... > Although I have the Option "Save messages in the "Sent Folder" checked my > outgoing emails are NOT being saved. I hav...

Loop folder
Hi all! I would like to create a script to read the contents of a folder. The contents of this folder is "dynamic" in that it can change the structure. Do I have to read all files in all possible subfolders (may be multiple levels). It 'can make a script like this or should I block the creation of subfolders to a maximum level of X? Sorry for my bad english!!! Thank you all! Solved by this script! strFolder = "C:\test" set objFSO = createobject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") GetFiles strFolder sub GetFiles(byval strDirectory) se...

Public Folder Has reached 16GB Limit in Exchange 2003 Std.
Hi - Our Public folder has reached its 16GB size limit and I wanted to know: 1. Can I increase it w/ a registry fix to 17GB (I heard there was a way to do this). 2. Can I create multiple public folders and balance the data load among them? Is that possible w/ Exchange 2003 Std.? Thanks for any help! - Tony I'm not sure if the registry fix applies to the PF store or not, but it would be worth a shot... http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813051 - simply substitute public for private under the steps to create the registry key. As far as #2, creating multiple public folders won&...

Public profile change
I need to change how other people see my e-mail. I went to Tools-Windows messenger-Options In Public there was EditProfile button, when I clicked it said it needs to install Add-Ins, which i did and rebooted too. Now I am clicking EditProfile and it is searching for the webpage which is 'unavailable" Please, help. Thanks TIA ...

deleting emails from deleted items folder
Hi, am unable to delete emails from deleted items and junk mail folders. Please help? colucol Hello Colucol, The options in PROBLEM ONE of the tutorial below should be able to help you delete this possible stuck message. http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/63567-power-options-sleep-mode-problems.html Hope this helps, Shawn colucol;1215689 Wrote: > Hi, > > am unable to delete emails from deleted items and junk mail folders. > > Please help? > > colucol -- Brink '*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*' (https://mvp.suppor...

calendar #3
I would like the week to start on Monday instead of Sunday (Publisher 2003) You make this change in the control panel in the "Regional & Language Options" folder. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "padum" <padum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77137E01-09A9-463E-815D-0214DC442BAB@microsoft.com... >I would like the week to start on Monday instead of Sunday (Publisher 2003) ...

Expand Tag Along
hi, how can i expand the tag along item ,that the cashier can select the tagged item from a list of items (choose a gift for customer sold free with an item). thanks ...

public folder recovery #3
Can a public folder, or public folder data be recovered through deleted item retention. Or is there another way to recover public folder info other than a brick level backup. Currently, i have deleted item recovery set for 7 days. Deleted mailbox recovery is set for 30 days. Does this only address the private store though. Thanks Yes. Public Folders can be recovered the same way. Choosing the Parent PF, then choosing Recover Deleted Items should show the deleted folder, but I believe you have to have the DumpsterAlwaysOn reg key on your computer in order to do this. -- Ben Winze...

Symbols (Icons) in Sent Folder
I can't seem to find reference to the symbols used in the Sent folder. 1. Specifically, in the "Sort by: Icon" column, I'd like to know what the open envelope with the blue "i" in a circle means. I notice that this never appears for mail sent out of the office, but it may or may not appear for mail sent to individuals in the office and in the mailbox. I also noticed that the sent items with that symbol have a tracking tab, while those without the "i" do not - so I'm assuming they may be related. If so, I can understand why I can't tra...

Corrupt contacts folder?
Has anyone run across an issue when clicking on the contacts folder in outlook that it immediately creates an error message and restarts. I believe that the folder must be corrupt, but because it is a "special" folder I cannot delete it and recreate it. If it is a corrupt contact, I cant get in the folder to delete it. How can I delete the contacts folder or is there a better solution. I am using Exchange 2000 on Win 2000 Server and Outlook XP as the client. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance Jim Using an Exchange mailbox >-----Original Messag...

Removing Personal Folder to the Folder List
Hello I have a problem in removing my other Personal Folder (2003 and 2004 folders) in my Folder list, I already change the Delivery to another Folder (2005 forlder) then I want to delete the other personal folders. Can you help me with this, is there something i can do to the registry, something like that pls helppp.... Unless you migrated your data incorrectly, just R click and close any folder that is no longer your default. If you can't, then post the details on your Outlook version and how you set a new folder as your default. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] ltamisin wrote: &...

Copying a Publication document
How do I copy a Publication document onto a second page of another Publication document? You can have many instances of Publisher open at one time, file, select all, copy and paste to the new Publisher document. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Hoopla2" <Hoopla2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F980F72A-3B53-492C-B6B7-0D9611204F96@microsoft.com... > How do I copy a Publication document onto a second page of another > Publication document? ...

OL2003 Doesn't Archive Public Folders
When trying to archive an Exchange public folder in Outlook 2003, I get the message, "The selected folder cannot be archived." If I perform the same operation using Outlook 2000, it works fine. Does anyone know why this is, and if OL2003 can be fixed to allow archiving of public folders? TIA, Russ ...

Signature in Outlook #3
We have a SBS 2003 with exchange. Some of out users have an e-mail adress on the exchange server and an pop3 e-mail adress outside the server. They all have a signature to both account and the signatures changes if you change the account. One of the users have a problem. When she creates a new e-mail, the signature of the default e-mail account is written in the mail. But when she changes the e-mail account, the signature does not change as is should and as is does on the other users. Can someone explain that? Regards Jens Using Outlook 2003? That feature only works when you have ...

Replicate Mailbox Data to Public Folder
Team, Thanks in advance for any advice you can give. My enviroment is an active\active\passive Exchange 2003 SP1 (soon to be SP2) enviroment. Is there a way to replicate a users mailbox to a public folder? We have an employee who quit but was kept on as a contractor who works part time; they want her mailbox open but they want to actively replicate the data to a public folder for the rest of her team to access. I know I can just give them rights to the mailbox and they can open with their mail client, but that is not how they want it. If you need any more info, please let me know. Thanks ...

Oulook, Expand/Collapse How to setup from Expand all the time.
It drive me nut to reset this each time I need to look at my contact. Need help on this on. Ernie You can set that in the view settings. While in the view in question go to the View menu > Current View > Customize Current View > Group By dialog and set the expand/collapse setting at the bottom "Ernie" <Ernie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF7CD991-6AA9-47A8-8B5A-4F601176399C@microsoft.com... > It drive me nut to reset this each time I need to look at my contact. > Need help on this on. > Ernie ...

Can't view Calendar in a public folders
Is there a way to view a shared calendar that is located in Public Folders in the Navigation Pane and keep the setting? When I try to view shared calendars through the "Open a shared Calendar" and go to Public Folders it is empty. Pete Network Consultant Add the calendar folder to Public Folders\Favorites. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "pete" <pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35881EC8-...

Public folder unread message count
Hi There ! Is it possible to get subj. on public folders (inbox alike) where the unread message count is pr. user based ? With Kind Reguards Kim On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 07:25:01 -0700, Kim (KBData) <KimKBData@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi There ! > >Is it possible to get subj. on public folders (inbox alike) where the unread >message count is pr. user based ? > >With Kind Reguards > >Kim huh? Kim, If you are running Exchange 2k3 you can change this setting on the General tab of the Public folder in question. If you are running Exchange 2k let me ...

Automatically Expanding the GL Transaction Entry Grid
Does anybody know the code to automatically expand the grid on the GL Transaction Entry window? I tried to use the same code (adapted) that I used on the payables transaction distribution window, namely: scrollexpandswitch.value = 1 But I got an error when it ran. -- Charles Allen, MVP Using VBA, that is. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Charles Allen" wrote: > Does anybody know the code to automatically expand the grid on the GL > Transaction Entry window? I tried to use the same code (adapted) that I used > on the payables transaction distribution window, namely: >...