Can't create new Recipient Update Service in Exchange 2000

Running Exchange 2000 sp3 on Windows 2000 server sp4

I'm trying to create a new Recipient Update Service (for my child domain). I can right click on the Recipient Update Services folder, select new and follow the process through to the end, but when I click finish it pops the error:

Access is denied
Facility: Win3
ID no: c007000
Exchange System Manage

Now all of the research I've done about this problem says to make sure the user acount trying to make the change is allowed Exchange Full Administrator rights and is a member of the local administrator group on the Exchange server.
I have checked this and these are set correctly

I have come across an article that says to use regini.exe to modify the registry key permissions in a similar situation
see the article at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323915 .

My questions are

1) If this solution will work for my problem, what registry key to I modify
2) Is there any other solution that will provide the desired result without having to hack the registry

Thank you for any help
Rolan

0
anonymous (74722)

Install ESM on the child DC and see if you can create it there.

--
Hope that helps,
Dan Townsend

"Roland" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Running Exchange 2000 sp3 on Windows 2000 server sp4.
>
> I'm trying to create a new Recipient Update Service (for my child domain).
I can right click on the Recipient Update Services folder, select new and
follow the process through to the end, but when I click finish it pops the
error:

> Access is denied.
> Facility: Win32
> ID no: c0070005
> Exchange System Manager
>
> Now all of the research I've done about this problem says to make sure the
user acount trying to make the change is allowed Exchange Full Administrator
rights and is a member of the local administrator group on the Exchange
server.
> I have checked this and these are set correctly.
>
> I have come across an article that says to use regini.exe to modify the
registry key permissions in a similar situation
> see the article at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323915 .

> My questions are:
>
> 1) If this solution will work for my problem, what registry key to I
modify?
> 2) Is there any other solution that will provide the desired result
without having to hack the registry?

> Thank you for any help.
> Roland

0
dtown (976)

Outlook 2000 #176
Customize Outlook Today Button not responding. Any ideas? "JMARA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2bbd01c470a2$9cfee5a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Customize Outlook Today Button not responding. Any ideas? www.google.com - you'll find THOUSANDS of hits about this. ...

How to forbid the Windows Updates
Hello, Windows Server 2003 Following a catastrophe after a Windows Update, I want to forbid any future Windows Update, even the option when we shutdown the server: "Install the updates and shutdown". How can I do that? Thanks Disable the Windows Update service. Start|Run|services.msc For the idiotic 'Install Updates and Shut Down' option. Start|Run|gpedit.msc Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Update Do not display 'Install Updates and Shut Down' option in Shut Down Windows dialog box -- Regards, Dave P...

create a roster

Exchange 2000/2003 Public Folder item Permissions Problem
Hi all, I've been having an issue with Public Folder permissions for some time now. The folder contains contacts for all company employees (most of which aren't on the company network), and is maintained by HR. Brief history is: Had Exchange 2000 on Win Server 2000, and a previous administrator modified public folder permissions on the M drive in explorer (a no-no). This resulted in the ESM "Invalid window handle" error. Managed fix these by following KB 270905 (permissions nuke), and deleting and re-creating the public folder. The latter was a problem, as most users were ...

Task Create - Status

New Store in other country
hi all, we have opened a new store in other foreign country, the problem is this new store will receive stock and sell with his local currancy ( currancy rate 1.2 ). How can we manage this store ( calculate the cost ,reports... etc) in HQ. any help please thanks Get ready for a lot of manual work. The way I handle it is each stoer is in local currency. When I transfer something from location to location, I manually change the costs on the transfer in at the receiving store. "Sad" <Sad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B929754D-D285-42BA-B2D1-03D6D0262902...

Pivot Table update without opening the Excel file.
Hi, I have a spreadsheet saved as an xlt. It has three pivot tables which connect to CSV data files using Microsoft Text Driver. The CSV files are updated overnight by an external application. The Excel file is in \\Server\Viewers The Data files are in \\Server\Data Local users use a shortcut to open the Excel file on \\Server\Viewers which the does an auto-update from the CSV files. The pivot table data is updated. All that has been working perfectly for years, internally. Now I need to send the same excel file to another company by email. I have succeeded in writing a vbscript that creates...

Distribution List Max Number of Recipients
Does anyone know what the maximum number of recipients allowed in a distribution list is in Exchange 5.5 Thanks. "L. Wagoner" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone know what the maximum number of recipients allowed in a distribution list is in Exchange 5.5? It's somewhere in the vicinity of 5,000. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

ALT-TAB not working with excel 2000
My problem is, as in the subject, that pressing ALT-TAB to switch among the files opened in Excel 2000 doesn't work anymore. I tried to re-install withouth success. I can only use CTRL-TAB because you haven't multiple sessions running (as usual in Excel 2000) but only one task of Excel. So, it's impossible to use ALT-TAB. Unfortunately, CTRL-TAB isn't useful as ALT-TAB because you can't switch from the current worksheet and the last used but you have to pass cyclicly through the files opened... It seems to be related to the fact that the same worksheets had been opened...

Exchange Database Recovery
Hello, We are a small business with one Exchange 2003 Server. The hard disk died on the server the other day and we couldn't boot. I put in a new disk and reloaded Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. Thankfully, several of us were using Outlook 2003 with Cached Mode, so we simply backed our email up and reloaded it into the newly restored Exchange. However, one user with several years worth of critical email didn't have Cached Mode turned on for some reason, so I'm trying to restore his email. I was able to connect the damaged hard disk and copy the Exchange database fol...

Create external database

Update A Field From Another Field
Hi All, I was wondering if anyone can help me on this one. It's probably simple, but I'm stuck!! I have a Table which fills in data from a form with the following field: ReservationNo ReservationName Surname1 Name1 Surname2 Name 2 Sometimes I don't have the names, so fields Name1 and Name 2 are left blank until I check in the guests using the RESPEL form with the following fields RservationNo ReservationName Surname Name Now the ResevationNo and ReservationName have identical data since they are autofilled. What I want to do is if the ReservationNo and the S...

How to create pie chart with %

how do I copy a range to a new sheet
Now that I this group solved my problem of flagging dates of my club members as "expired", how would I automatically copy all of the members that are expired to a new worksheet so I can use this for a mail merge? I would need to check the condition of the expired column, YES or NO, then copy the yes's name and address columns only to a new page. TIA Why not just add that column and when you use mailmerge, just include the records with that flag set the way you need? If you really want to copy the rows, you could apply Data|Filter|Autofilter and filter to show just those mem...

Service Pack reinstall
I have a debate with an ex co-worker(who left me with this mess) about how hotfixes should be applied. He claims that after installing a hotfix, you should run SP4 again. I say its not necessary and possibly harmful to your system. Since it may copy old files onto your system. I do not claim to know a lot about Exchange and he has been working with it for years. What are your guys/gals thoughts on this? Its a friendly debate, I think we have a few beers and dinner at hooters riding on it.. haha! TIA, Nurv Nurv <Nurv@Ameritech.net> wrote: >I have a debate with an ex co-worker...

when form created

Outlook notification of new mail.
To clarify, the notification works for new messages to Inbox, but fails to display the icon when the message is automatically moved to a subfolder based on a rule. A quick look in Google seems to to suggest that this is something that has been deliberately changed from Outlook XP. Cheers Paul <paul.francis@agresearch.co.nz> wrote: > To clarify, the notification works for new messages to > Inbox, but fails to display the icon when the message is > automatically moved to a subfolder based on a rule. A > quick look in Google seems to to suggest that this is > somethin...

How do you edit HTML source in a new outlook email message?
Trying to create a new email message by inserting HTML. I don't see a place to edit source for a new message. This is probably a really easy thing to do, I just can't find out where the "edit source" option is, and the help files don't seem to be any help. Thanks, Justin The feature doesn't exist in Microsoft Outlook. "justinvanderpol" <justinvanderpol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ADC71DF-40BC-4656-98A8-A473EB40E837@microsoft.com... > Trying to create a new email message by inserting HTML. I don't see a > place ...

Creating a Brochure

CRM Service Activity Outlook Calendar Sync Broken
Hi. All was fine until yesterday but now items on the Outlook calendar no longer appear to be tied to the service activities that created them. When I click on a calendar entry it opens an ordinary appointment view of what should be a service activity. Also, the "track in CRM" button seems to do nothing. A newly created service activity will appear on the calendar, but will exhibit the same characteristics described above. Any ideas on how to fix? I've considered reinstalling the CRM client for Outlook or possibly creating a new Outlook profile. Any thoughts would be...