Can't create a new user with a mail box automatically with Active Dir #2

I have 2003 server with Active Directory and Exchange
installed. When i click Create -> "User" and reach the
dialog to create an Exchange mail box, the "Mailbox
Store" drop down list is empty. Which has the effect that
the "Next" button is disabled and I can't create a
mailbox attached to that account. Where can I find that
setting or what should I do?

Thanks in advance

/Mac

0
anonymous (74722)

Check and make sure the account you are using to create the new users has
at least Exchange View-Only administrator in Exchange System Manager.

Right-click on either the organization or the administrative group and
click Delegate Control - then set the account you are using as at least an
Exchange View-only admin.

That should do it.

Thanks,
Richard Roddy
Microsoft Exchange Support

--------------------
>From: "MAC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
>Sender: "MAC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
>Subject: Can't create a new user with a mail box automatically with Active
Dir
>Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 12:28:33 -0800
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange.admin
>

>I have 2003 server with Active Directory and Exchange
>installed. When i click Create -> "User" and reach the
>dialog to create an Exchange mail box, the "Mailbox
>Store" drop down list is empty. Which has the effect that
>the "Next" button is disabled and I can't create a
>mailbox attached to that account. Where can I find that
>setting or what should I do?
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>/Mac

0
rroddy (682)

How do I get OL 2003 to back up everythihg in it automatically
I am trying to find out if there is a possibility in Outlook 2003 to save and back up all my Outlook 2003 Info , including contacts, e-mails (received and send) automatically rather than having to do it manually everytime I exit the program? you can use a script and make a copy before you open outlook or use a backup tool to make a copy of the pst and your other files as needed. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ ...

Exchange for remote users/offices
Up to this point i've used SBS 2003 with POP3 (using Popbeamer)...the reason i chose this from the get go was because we have about 15 users here on site and about another 20 that are scattered across the globe. I didn't want to be in charge of mail for those that weren't here remotely, so figured just using the POP3 route was the way to go. Well, i'm preparing to move to SBS 2008 and REALLY want to set it up as a true Exchange server hosing the mail. But, again, am not sure i want to deal with the other 20 users if i don't have to. So, is there a way to set up ...

data input in text box

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Recieve Mail Before Sending

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

New Disk storage

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Microsoft POS #2

transferring to new pc

Unlocking a User
I have GP10 and a user entered a password wrong too many times. I am logged into GP and an under 'Admininstration' and do not see a way to unlock the user. Am I in the right place? Where do I need to go? Thanks, John John, Are you enforcing password policies for your users in GP? If so, go to Microsoft Dynamics GP > Tools > Setup > System > User. Enter a temporary password for the user and check the Change Password Next Login box. Provide the user with the temporary password and the system will do the rest. Again, this is all assuming your are enforcing pas...

Mail lMerge

adding name /creating field/query?

Creating new attributes