Calender Problem after Exchange Migration

Hi all,

I've got a bit of a Exch Calendar problem. We recently migrated from
Exch2000 Srv to Exch2003 Srv. We also changed domain names (AD and company)
as well.

Due to time constraints and other issues I won't go into, things were a
little rushed and the way we did the migration was probably not by the MS
rules. Basically we restored a backup of the mailboxes from the old Exch2000
server to the new Exch2003 server. This was done via Qinetix MB idata agent.
We thought this would be quicker than exporting the mailbox's out as PST
files and then importing them. This part appeared to work and we were able
to restore the mail straight into the users new mailbox's. The issue is that
the calendar information for some users seems locked. They can't edit,
delete or do a properies on  any of their appointments. Outlook just says
the object does not exist. I assume it's some sort of permissions issue or
something. Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this. The only thing
I can think of is to delete his mailbox and restore it minus the calendar,
but seeing they have a lot of appoinments entered and the fact that they are
the CEO..it's probably not a good idea, or at least should only be
considered as a "last resort"

Any help appreciated.

regards

Craig

0
cwigster (8)

Problem adding Stock to Portfolio
I am using MS Money 2004. I had several failed attemps to create a portfolio. I had attempted to add investments for IBM and Carnival Corp. I deleted the portfolio and attemped to recreate. Now when I try to add an stock investment it gives me the error; 'CCL' is already being used as a name or symbol for another investment. Please enter a different choice. I do not have any other investments. How can I resolve this issue. When asked for the stock symbol use the drop down menu rather than trying to type it in again. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips &...

Problems with Edit Hyperlink using Custom Shortcut Menu
I’ve inserted a hyperlink into one of my forms via a label object. I’ve assigned a custom Shortcut Menu Bar called “Edit Hyperlink” to the hyperlink label. My Custom “Edit Hyperlink” Shortcut Menu includes standard access commands such as Edit Hyperlink, Open Hyperlink, Open in New Window, Copy Hyperlink, and Remove Hyperlink. When I switch to form view and right click over the Hyperlink the “Edit Hyperlink” Shortcut Menu is displayed with the commands disabled (i.e. grayed out). Therefore I can’t use any of the commands on my “Edit Hyperlink” Shortcut Menu. Any idea as to what’s c...

Problems terminating a thread.
I start some third party code using AfxBeginThread. The third party code then operates. Later when I want to terminate my program, my program sometimes errors because when my program is half destructed, the thread does something that accesses the already destructed code and I get a runtime error. My solution is to terminate the thread first and then shut down the rest. How do I terminate the thread? Microsoft gives to methods. 1) Drop out of the thread's main function. 2) Call AfxEndThread from within the thread. I can't do either since it is third party software that is runnin...

Outlook2002 snych problem
I havelooked error on microsoft site but to no avail have i corrected problem. trying to synch outlook 2002 to my offline folder hit F9 and get the follow error. I have change macro security to medium, i know there is a limit for offline synch but i'm not even close.....appreciate the help..your fried boritech1 Task "Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x00040820): Error in background synchronization" Do you have a Synch Issues folder in your Folder List that you can open to troubleshoot? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://w...

problem printing
How can I print on a paper size 17'x11' using Epson fx- 1170 printer. There is no option for custom paper size. Please HELP. Hi this is probably not an Excel issue but a printer driver issue. You may update your printer driver -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany oliver wrote: > How can I print on a paper size 17'x11' using Epson fx- > 1170 printer. There is no option for custom paper size. > Please HELP. ...

Calender to switch to the month 04-25-10
One of the control on the form is FldMon. It is a number field. There is a calender on the form. It is ActiveX Control: Calender0 Class is MSCAL.Calender.7 I am using Access 2003 and the tables are Access 2000 format Now when the user updates the field FldMon with a number (1 to 12) I want the calender to switch the display to the corresponding month. How do I go about this and what and where do I write the code? Could someone please help? Thanking in advance Leo ...

Exchange updates and patches
I'd like to be notified about latest security patches and updates whenever they are released for my Exchange 2000 server. Is there a place I can sign up for this? Can you please provide me with a link? Thank you. "mtler" <mtler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A114091D-45D2-4146-BA37-EF054B0712DF@microsoft.com... > I'd like to be notified about latest security patches and updates whenever > they are released for my Exchange 2000 server. Is there a place I can sign > up > for this? Can you please provide me with a link? > Thank you. h...

Resizing problem...
Hi, i got following problem: I create a dialog with the ressource editor and put a control in it, e.g. a CEdit or a CListCtrl. But when I now resize my dialog the CEdit stays at the same size, but I want that it grows/shrinks with my dialog. The behaviour i wanna have is the same as in Qt SetCentralWidget()... any ideas ? best regards Andreas You will have to do this yourself in OnSize of your dialog. In .Net you can anchor this to a specific corner, but nothing like this exists in MFC. There are some examples of layout manager in codeguru that might help. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] aj...

Problem with tracking Database in Exch 2003
Hi, I have a installation of Exchange 2003 Standard, single store. When tracking emails with the tracking Database, most of the time I get the following message: The tracking database file *******.log is corrupted near byte offset xxxxx Miy server is in a fresh new RAID, everything is OK; no event log errors... What can be the reason? I suggest you delete and then recreate the log file to see if could fix this problem. -- Open ESM, expand servers -- Right-click on the server and then open its properties pane -- On the general tab, disable the message tracking temporarily, and th...

Small Capitalisation Problem
I want to make up a table of vowel sounds (for teaching my kids), and have a column with a, e, i, o, u entered. All go in as lower case except i, which insists as capitalising automatically to I. I've tried formating the cell as text, but it makes no difference. As a workaround (just to get the spreadsheet working), I enter "i" as =LOWER("I"), but I'm sure I shouldn't have to do it this way. I can't find anything appropriate in the help files. Any solutions oh wise folk ? Thanks very much, Rob Lepper You can turn off autocorrect. Tools|Autocorrec...

Calender
Hi Does anyone know if it is possible with the calender wizard to get the first day of the week to be a Monday as it freeks me out to have Sunday as the first day, I like my weekends whole. Thanks in advance HJ ...

virtual server problem
I have win 2000 and exchange 2000, and every few hours messages get stuck in queue and I must delete all messages and then it sometimes start to work but sometimes I must create new virtual server and only than it starts to work, any ideas? Thank you On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 23:27:02 -0800, "dominic" <dominic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have win 2000 and exchange 2000, and every few hours messages get stuck in >queue and I must delete all messages and then it sometimes start to work but >sometimes I must create new virtual server and only than it starts to...

range expression problem
I am trying to search multiple ranges using a single formula. I am doing this by having a cell that represents the range that tells the formula where to look. I am also using vlookup for this layout. Visually, here is what I am doing. A B lookup (formula =Vlookup(A1,(Range from B),2) Value Returning RangeName to Search) I believe my current problem has to do with specifying the Range. I have tried the methods Value(A1), Range(Value(A1)), and Range(A1) to no avail. What would be the proper format for me to specify this ...

How do you set outlook calender to save previous entries
Only just realised that Outlook calender does not save previous entries older than 6 months. Is there a setting for this? Sounds like you have AutoArchive enabled, turn it off. (Tools, Options, Other....) Phil wrote: > Only just realised that Outlook calender does not save previous entries older > than 6 months. Is there a setting for this? ...

Exchange 2010 Disclaimer HTML/Plain Text

Appointments in Calender
Hi, When someone want s to invite me to a meeting and looks up my Appointments in Outlook it shows that im busy all day, every day of the week. Has anyone ever had this problem and know how to solve it ? Thanks dl2068 Do you have any all day, long term appointments? How frequently is your free/busy getting published? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchang...

A problem with using DataGridView (.NET Windows Forms) in CDialog
I have a very simple CDialog-based application (VC++ 8.0/2005), where a DataGridView control is included through the usage of CWinFormsControl class. I experience the following problem with this application. If I switch to a different application (Alt+Tab, for example) while a grid cell is remaining in editing mode and then go back to my application, the application hangs (stops responding). The problem can be reproduced using CWinFormsControl and CWinFormsView classes, but it is NOT reproducible when using CFrameWnd and CWinFormsView classes or when using DataGrid control instead of t...

Link that automatically adds a date to outlook calender?
Is there a way to send someone an email with a link that will add the certain date in the message to their outlook calender automatically?! yes, you need to create an appointment, save it as an ics and upload it to a web server then send them a link to the file. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUES...

Date Format Problems
Is there anyway to make excel change the numbers I type in to the appropriate date? If I type 112603, how can I get the cell to display 11/26/03. I have tried formatting the cell, but it just doesn't seem to come out right. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Jennifer Only through VBA. See Chip Pearson's website. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm Gord Dibben XL2002 On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 08:06:01 -0800, "Jennifer W" <icecream3@earthlink.net> wrote: >Is there anyway to make excel change the numbers I type in to the appropriate date?...

Excel Calculating Problem
I'm doing a timesheet. But I have some problems. the only formul missing is if somebody works from 9am to 6pm for a total of 9hours o work "=(C3<B3)+C3-B3" then I want to remove an hour of lunch on th total time work if that person as work more than 6 hours. Exemple. If the persone work a total of 6 hours, then remove 3 minutes. if the person work more than 6, then remove 1 hour -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way: I'll suggest using this equivalent to your formula: =MOD(C3-B3,1) just for brevity. Since XL stores times as fractional day...

SUM IF problem #2
Max, I wish it would have worked, but unfortunately it didn't. Thank for your suggestion! Max Wrote: > Not sure whether this would help with the recalc / recalc efficienc > issues, > but guess we could try the equivalent non-array SUMPRODUCT: > > =SUMPRODUCT((SCAR!$A$8:$A$9000=Sheet3!H$1)*(SCAR!$H$8:$H$9000=Sheet3!$F44)) > > -- > Rgds > Max > xl 97 > --- > Singapore, GMT+8 > xdemechanik > http://savefile.com/projects/236895 > -- > "ttmannan" ttmannan.1wteod@news.excelbanter.com wrote in message > news:ttmannan.1wteod@news.ex...

How do I update a calender?
Last year I made a calender in publisher. I'd like to know how I can update the dates from 2004 to 2005 without having to do it manually. Isn't there an easier way?? Pia wrote: > Last year I made a calender in publisher. I'd like to know how I can > update the dates from 2004 to 2005 without having to do it manually. > Isn't there an easier way?? 1) It's spelt 'calendar' 2) Nope 3) Purchase Serif PagePlus. -- In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/ Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote: > Pia wrote: > >>Last year I m...

Pie Chart Problems! Can't get to link properly in a Report
Background: I have a report which is set up to where each page of the report is dedicated to one particular publicly traded stock (primary key is "Ticker" in all tables that are linked to report). For example, each page contains the stock's symbol, a brief description, income statement, balance sheet, etc. all coming from their own separate table feeding into the report. I also recently created a pie chart (form) to calcuate a particular stock's (ticker) oil/gas reserves by location (US, CANADA, INTERNATIONAL) per year. I'm new to Access so bear with me! Problem: I ...

problem with GetTextRange() in CRichEditCtrl
i am having a problem with CRichEditCtrl::GetTextRange(). whever I call this function with double byte characters I get buffer over runs and get this error message "The parameter is incorrect". is this a known issue? thanks. ...

Shared calenders disappear
Hi everybody, We use office 2007 and many times when i startup Outlook the shared calenders of my colleques have disappeared. Does anyone knows this problem and how i can fix this? thanks very much. Greetz Ernst ...